[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 17 Jan: new Emergent missions 4.2.078beta: bounty hunting

Post by kuertee » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 10:45

Emergent Missions 4.2.078 BETA: New feature: Search and destroy missions - i.e. "true" bounties (i.e. generated from kills by ships in the game) and "real" hunting (via nav beacons).
THERE WAS A BUG in 4.2.077 BETA that prevented the nav beacons from sticking. In this version, they'll stay as mission targets until you find your target - as intended.
Read-me: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ycmgeR ... sp=sharing
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aaeJkE ... sp=sharing
Spoiler
Show
New feature: Search and destroy missions:
All attacks and kills are recorded (from when the mod is installed). And all kills generate a bounty mission owned by the victim's faction. These missions are offered at the nearest station owned by the victim's faction and at the victim's faction headquarters.

To help locate the bounty, the mission contact will give you 3 Navigation Beacons of the bounty's last reported sightings. These sightings are generated from reports of their attacks and kills; and exit and entry of sectors near the faction's satellites, stations or ships. You will be updated with new reported sightings.

The target is found when they are identified with your long range scanner, move into your zone, or detected by your radar - if they are an enemy.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

magitsu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 17 Jan: new Emergent missions 4.2.078beta: bounty hunting

Post by magitsu » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 17:37

078 seems to be working. SCA Marauder Kestrel Sentinel killed 1xM, got 77k for S&D. Found him near the closer waypoint trying to pirate another civilian.

Though the call to action (talk again to the mission giver at Pious MIsts XI Defence Platform) was a bit contradictory, since it awarded the money and +1 rep immediately after the kill.

edit: Here's Ianamus Zura situation 4 hours into a save. (2 screenshots)
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 18. Jan 22, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 02:59

magitsu wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 17:37
...Though the call to action (talk again to the mission giver at Pious MIsts XI Defence Platform) was a bit contradictory, since it awarded the money and +1 rep immediately after the kill....
ahhh yes, good point. i'll remove that last step. the first "talk to" objective is to get the nav beacons of last reported sightings. there's no use for the last "talk to" objective.
edit: Here's Ianamus Zura situation 4 hours into a save. (2 screenshots)
nice! thank you heaps! in the next version, which requires the unreleased update to UI Extensions, you'll be limited to one bounty hunting mission at a time. i.e. the Accept button will be disabled on other bounty hunting missions.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 11:19

magitsu wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 17:37
078 seems to be working. SCA Marauder Kestrel Sentinel killed 1xM, got 77k for S&D. Found him near the closer waypoint trying to pirate another civilian.
Lucky you - during my last (day before yesterday) 2h session I haven't found any Search and Destroy mission offers.
I hope today will be a kinder day ;)

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 02:59
in the next version, which requires the unreleased update to UI Extensions, you'll be limited to one bounty hunting mission at a time. i.e. the Accept button will be disabled on other bounty hunting missions.
Maybe Bounty Hunter standing could give possibility for a second active mission from certain faction at a time?
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 12:29

Mycu wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 11:19
Lucky you - during my last (day before yesterday) 2h session I haven't found any Search and Destroy mission offers.
I hope today will be a kinder day ;)
Go to the capitals and you might be rewarded. The closest station jobs are very rare. For example the closest defense platform to the Xenon gate at Ianamus only had 1 job for Xenon I. But the capital trading platform next to it contained that whole list.
I was pleasantly surprised to see even M, N and P there. Those have a tendency to not survive incursions, so maybe they got their bounties from the ships that ventured into Xenon sector instead of the other way around.

pesadelo
x4

Post by pesadelo » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 13:02

I dunno if it is intended or i did something wrong , in crime has consequences , should the negative factions/pirates give me fines ?I mean we are killing each other.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 14:13

Mycu wrote:
...Lucky you - during my last (day before yesterday) 2h session I haven't found any Search and Destroy mission offers. I hope today will be a kinder day ;)...
yeah, faction hqs have all the bounties from their different stations.
magitsu wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 12:29
...I was pleasantly surprised to see even M, N and P there. Those have a tendency to not survive incursions, so maybe they got their bounties from the ships that ventured into Xenon sector instead of the other way around....
there'd be more mission offers if the mod doesn't attribute kills of M-class wingmen and smaller back to their commanders - if the commanders are ships, of course. M class and S class ships with bounties would be lone privateers.
pesadelo wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 13:02
I dunno if it is intended or i did something wrong , in crime has consequences , should the negative factions/pirates give me fines ?I mean we are killing each other.
there's a setting in the Extensions Options to turn off fines from pirates (and/or enemies). i've always considered renaming "fines" to "reparations" for enemy and pirate factions - but it's a step over considering that they can be turned off.
Last edited by kuertee on Tue, 18. Jan 22, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 14:46

magitsu wrote:
Go to the capitals and you might be rewarded. The closest station jobs are very rare. For example the closest defense platform to the Xenon gate at Ianamus only had 1 job for Xenon I. But the capital trading platform next to it contained that whole list.
I was pleasantly surprised to see even M, N and P there. Those have a tendency to not survive incursions, so maybe they got their bounties from the ships that ventured into Xenon sector instead of the other way around.
kuertee wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 14:13
Thanks, I should probably RTFM next time.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

pesadelo
x4

Post by pesadelo » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 15:04

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 14:13
Mycu wrote:
...Lucky you - during my last (day before yesterday) 2h session I haven't found any Search and Destroy mission offers. I hope today will be a kinder day ;)...
magitsu wrote:
...I was pleasantly surprised to see even M, N and P there. Those have a tendency to not survive incursions, so maybe they got their bounties from the ships that ventured into Xenon sector instead of the other way around....
there'd be more mission offers if the mod doesn't attribute kills of M-class wingmen and smaller back to their commanders - if the commanders are ships, of course. M class and S class ships with bounties would be lone privateers.
pesadelo wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 13:02
there's a setting in the Extensions Options to turn off fines from pirates (and/or enemies). i've always considered renaming "fines" to "reparations" for enemy and pirate factions - but it's a step over considering that they can be turned off.
Oof i should have checked the extensions first then yakes my bad , i tougth it was off by default . Thank you.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 19:25

I was in the middle of stripping SCA Basilisk destroyer when MIN battleship came and started shooting at my prey.
I couldn't do anything to stop him (have -1 with MIN) so I flew off (crying loud) in the direction of TEL trading station to get bounty hunting mission as part of the redress.
Fortunately there was one available - to destroy SCA Basilisk destroyer (most likely the same I left).
I took the mission, happy that I maybe still have time to go back and help MIN battleship destroying it (suddenly the MIN battleship started to be my best friend in my mind ;) but first i had to talk to some representative on the station.
No problem I thought - but... while walking down the platform, the mission disappeared without any trace.
I cried even louder ;)

Most certainly the SCA destroyer was blown by MIN battleship.
Is it possible to make some notification or/and logbook entry that mission was cancelled?
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 21:01

Took a Search and Destroy mission, but because ALI wharf was one sector away - decided to fly there to replace my engine first.
When this was done, I've activated SaD mission with step: talk to Hatib..something - but no guidance was shown:
https://i.imgur.com/moNh4ys.png
Went back to the sector where mission was given, but still - no guidance.
Made a save in this situation so I might enable debug log if it can help.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 21:25

Mission offers have not disappeared after changing sector.
Dunno if it is intentional, but got mission offers near PAR shipyard in Trinity Sanctum III, flew to Trinity Sanctum VII - but still the SaD missions were available:
https://i.imgur.com/7tBx1uw.png

It disappeared when I was close to PAR Defence Platform in other sector and a new SaD mission offer appeared.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 21:46

Sorry for spam, but each post is different case.

Took another mission to destroy SAC Minotaur Raider.
First step (talk to....) was ok, but after that I didn't get any nav beacons.
Anyway, after talking to Olmanckelttak mission was at step 2 (find TEL Minotaur) and I decided to fly to last known sector of this ship.
But after a few minutes, without my any action - logbook entry appeared saying: SCA Pillager Minotaur Raider is still operational and mission suddenly moved to step 4 (talk to).
https://i.imgur.com/MXOElJL.png

After talking to Olmanckelttak I was awarded base reward for this Minotaur.

Tested on v4.2.078, beta
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 03:55

Mycu wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 21:46
Sorry for spam, but each post is different case...
no worries, mycu.
they're what i need as i dev the mod further. :D
thanks heaps!

but a question: have you managed to complete a mission from accepting the offer, getting the nav beacons from the npc, and killing the target? or no?

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 07:55

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 03:55
but a question: have you managed to complete a mission from accepting the offer, getting the nav beacons from the npc, and killing the target? or no?
Unfortunately, on three tries never got nav beacons.
First ended suddenly when I was on my way to talk to representative.
Second try din't give me guidance to representative.
On third one mission jumped from step 1 to step 4.

But I won't stop trying ;)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 08:12

Mycu wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 07:55
...Unfortunately, on three tries never got nav beacons....First ended suddenly when I was on my way to talk to representative. Second try din't give me guidance to representative. On third one mission jumped from step 1 to step 4. But I won't stop trying ;)
were the most recent sightings beyond 30min or less? not getting the nav beacon is not because there were no reported sightings, it's because the actual mission creation (after acceptance) failed to create the nav beacons. you would see MD errors in the log (even without the mod-specific debugging enabled).

EDIT: the mission is removed with no mission log, unfortunately, ONLY when the target is destroyed AND before you get the nav beacons.
my version now logs that circumstance.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 09:14

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 08:12
were the most recent sightings beyond 30min or less?
IIRC it was saying: "several minutes ago" when taking mission.
kuertee wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 08:12
EDIT: the mission is removed with no mission log, unfortunately, ONLY when the target is destroyed AND before you get the nav beacons.
my version now logs that circumstance.
Great!

Small request - could there be a reward text info added, e.g. "Reward: 117 848 Cr + inflicted damage bonus (up to 268 975 Cr)"?
https://i.imgur.com/AKjd4Vd.png
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 11:51

Mycu wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 09:14
kk. try a target that was not reported recently. e.g. that is more than 10 min. "several minutes ago" is less than 10 min ago.
Small request - could there be a reward text info added, e.g. "Reward: 117 848 Cr + inflicted damage bonus (up to 268 975 Cr)"? https://i.imgur.com/AKjd4Vd.png
yah. it uses the sector raid/patrol mission text library which displays damage and/or kill.
the reason why bounty hunting missions display only kills is that most of the damage was already attributed to the kill.
if it wasn't, then it'll show damage dealt and kill 0.
but i'll probably make all the texts display both damage dealt and kills.

by the way, there's a bug in the sector raid and patrol missions that prevents them from being offered.
there's an errant reset_cue :D that stops the mission instances as soon as they are created. :?

EDIT: re: reward text ... you meant it for the mission offer. will do.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:00

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 11:51
by the way, there's a bug in the sector raid and patrol missions that prevents them from being offered.
there's an errant reset_cue :D that stops the mission instances as soon as they are created. :?
Nice find! Fun fact - I was wondering why those missions doesn't show up but end up thinking that I must be doing something wrong cause otherwise somebody would report it already...
I even removed relationship and reputation requirements to have a better chance for this type of missions to show :D

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 11:51
Mycu wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 09:14
kk. try a target that was not reported recently. e.g. that is more than 10 min. "several minutes ago" is less than 10 min ago.
I'll test it on next gaming session.
With support patrols/raid/pirates missions.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 19. Jan 22, 16:43

Mycu wrote:
Wed, 19. Jan 22, 15:00
Nice find! Fun fact - I was wondering why those missions doesn't show up but end up thinking that I must be doing something wrong cause otherwise somebody would report it already... I even removed relationship and reputation requirements to have a better chance for this type of missions to show :D ...I'll test it on next gaming session. With support patrols/raid/pirates missions.
yeah, was reported by trantrex about a week or two ago.

note that the new version of Emergent Missions on Nexus doesn't have the Search And Destroy Missions.

if you want to keep playing with the 4.2.078 beta version, you can fix it by:
removing line 3328 that contains the code "<reset_cue cue='this' />".

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”