[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Jan bug-fix: Surface Element Targeting decreasing performance over time bug

Post by kuertee » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 01:14

Updates, 11 Jan 2022
Surface element targeting https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/710 v4.2.074, 7 Jan 2022:
-Reprogrammed: The previous version created a stacking bug that would eventually impact performance. Just install this over the top of the old version and those stacked threads will be cleaned up.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

dmk
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Jan bug-fix: Surface Element Targeting decreasing performance over time bug

Post by dmk » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 04:46

one more (minor) bug with previous version: Xenon core(Dock)/main (which builds first) module turrets are not properly selected.

p.s. is any way to add in Station F menu entry for selection of all large turrets (to skip phase of manual searching last one of L turret via home/end?)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 05:19

dmk wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 04:46
one more (minor) bug with previous version: Xenon core(Dock)/main (which builds first) module turrets are not properly selected.
yeah, i noticed that in my tests when i first built the mod. but the code available to us simply does not detect some and so i cant add them to the list of objectives.

Code: Select all

<find_object_component groupname="$surfaceElements" object="$defensible" operational="true" surfaceelement="true" multiple="true" />
EDIT: If i set it to find non-operational surface elements, the game will simply not allow your ship to lock on to it. i've tried it. END EDIT.

p.s. is any way to add in Station F menu entry for selection of all large turrets (to skip phase of manual searching last one of L turret via home/end?)
yes, but that will require more code to first find all components, then add each one to different list by type, then build the menu that lists each type. i'm not ready to build more to the mod. i'll put it in my list of things to do and look into it in the future.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

wanderer
x3tc

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Jan CHC freeze with Segaris Eq. Dock

Post by wanderer » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 08:41

Well, CHC (4.2.071) again...

Flying in the Segaris sector, no fines. Now getting some fines and landing on the equipment dock in Segaris.
After touch down (landing) the game freezes.
Deinstalling the mod, reload, landing again - no freeze. Now, activate mod again - and freezing.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 11 Jan CHC freeze with Segaris Eq. Dock

Post by kuertee » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 11:52

wanderer wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 08:41
Well, CHC (4.2.071) again...

Flying in the Segaris sector, no fines. Now getting some fines and landing on the equipment dock in Segaris.
After touch down (landing) the game freezes.
Deinstalling the mod, reload, landing again - no freeze. Now, activate mod again - and freezing.
do you have these other mods also? alternatives to death, high-sec rooms are locked, modifications parts trader, npc reactions, reputations and professions.
and have they all been updated?
they use the same arrive-dock-teleport-leave-stations code but, so that only one manages those events, all but the first one to get initialised on game load are terminated.
if the old version (with the infiteinly loop bug) of that code is in any of them, it could be used if it gets initialised first.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 19:00

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 11:52
wanderer wrote:
...Flying in the Segaris sector ...After touch down (landing) the game freezes....
do you have these other mods also? alternatives to death, high-sec rooms are locked, modifications parts trader, npc reactions, reputations and professions. and have they all been updated? ...
ATD: not installed/not used
HSRAL: v4.2.073, 5 Jan 2022 - tested first, but was not responsible. Now still using it.
MPT: v4.2.071, 3 Jan 2022
NPCR: v4.2.073, 4 Jan 2022
RAP: not installed/not used

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 20:03

Kuertee: for the fines of the CHC mod, what happens when a ship with fines attached gets destroyed? Do those fines drop off the list at some point, are they transferred to the fine debt of the player, or do they stay on the list indefinitely? Is it necessary/advisable to pay the fines for ships that have since been destroyed?

Edit: I may have to check up on what happened to me just now, but here's what it SEEMS like happened:

A ship in my fleet caught a fine from a friendly fire incident.
That ship got destroyed during the same fight in which it got the fine.
I went to a defense platform and paid all my fines, including from the ship that got destroyed.
That ship came out of impound and rejoined my fleet.

So either the above happened exactly that way and there's a bug/exploit, OR that ship got impounded rather than destroyed (I saw it wasn't in my fleet but didn't check my full ship list, since I assumed that meant it was destroyed) - but I'm not sure how it could have gotten impounded, as it didn't land anywhere.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 11. Jan 22, 20:15

Kuertee: I just went back over my recording and I can confirm the exploit. If a ship with a fine gets destroyed, you can resurrect it by paying its fine.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 01:16

wanderer wrote:
Well, CHC (4.2.071) again...Flying in the Segaris sector, no fines. Now getting some fines and landing on the equipment dock in Segaris. After touch down (landing) the game freezes. Deinstalling the mod, reload, landing again - no freeze. Now, activate mod again - and freezing.
wanderer wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 19:00
ATD: not installed/not used. HSRAL: v4.2.073, 5 Jan 2022 - tested first, but was not responsible. Now still using it. MPT: v4.2.071, 3 Jan 2022. NPCR: v4.2.073, 4 Jan 2022. RAP: not installed/not used
ok. thank you, i'll have a look for the bug. in the meantime can you send me a debug log, please?
1. add "-debug all -logfile debug.log" to the game's launch options
2. load a game. enable CHC-specific debug logging in its Extensions Options.
3. cause the freeze.
4. send me, at kuertee@gmail.com, the "my docs\egosoft\x4\12345678\debug.log" file

kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 11. Jan 22, 20:15
Kuertee: I just went back over my recording and I can confirm the exploit. If a ship with a fine gets destroyed, you can resurrect it by paying its fine.
with CHC, ships are never destroyed. they are confiscated.
from the docs: "...During attacks, factions will impound ships, including the player's ship, when their hull drops below 25%..."
EDIT: the ship's crew will transfer to the mod's special faction. and they will fly the ship to one of the impounding faction's defense stations. when you pay the fine, the ship will be released and fly to you. END EDIT.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Wed, 12. Jan 22, 03:09

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 12. Jan 22, 01:16
with CHC, ships are never destroyed. they are confiscated.
from the docs: "...During attacks, factions will impound ships, including the player's ship, when their hull drops below 25%..."
EDIT: the ship's crew will transfer to the mod's special faction. and they will fly the ship to one of the impounding faction's defense stations. when you pay the fine, the ship will be released and fly to you. END EDIT.
Oh, I missed that, I was in the middle of a Kha'ak fight so I was thinking destroyed by Kha'ak but you're right, it was an Argon ship that knocked it out, so it went to Argon impound. I'd assumed the two events were unrelated in this case (fine & removal).

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 18:05

Question for you, have you figured out or looked into removing the requirement of the workbench for installing ship mods? I was considering trying to put something together to allow installing mods to multiple ships but the MD portion of equipment mods is unreliable at best.

btw you have the wrong link for ship scanner in the list

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 13:37

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 14. Jan 22, 18:05
Question for you, have you figured out or looked into removing the requirement of the workbench for installing ship mods? I was considering trying to put something together to allow installing mods to multiple ships but the MD portion of equipment mods is unreliable at best.

btw you have the wrong link for ship scanner in the list
Hey, I wanted to look at that. But I never did. Can’t help you, sorry. I wanted to add an x-wing games engine-shields-weapons power transfer.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 16 Jan: new Emergent missions BETA: bounty hunting

Post by kuertee » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 07:56

Betas, 16 Jan 2022
Emergent missions 4.2.075 BETA: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13CSxbG ... sp=sharing
Read-me: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ycmgeR ... sp=sharing
I would appreciate any reports of findings, bugs, etc. But it's also ok, if you don't.

New feature: Search and destroy missions:
All attacks and kills are recorded (from when the mod is installed). And all kills generate a bounty mission owned by the victim's faction. These missions are offered at the nearest station owned by the victim's faction and at the victim's faction headquarters.

To help locate the bounty, the mission contact will give you 3 Navigation Beacons of the bounty's last reported sightings. These sightings are generated from reports of their attacks and kills; and exit and entry of sectors near the faction's satellites, stations or ships. You will be updated with new reported sightings.

The target is found when they are identified with your long range scanner, move into your zone, or detected by your radar - if they are an enemy.

Mycu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 16 Jan: new Emergent missions BETA: bounty hunting

Post by Mycu » Sun, 16. Jan 22, 21:13

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 16. Jan 22, 07:56
Betas, 16 Jan 2022
Emergent missions 4.2.075 BETA: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13CSxbG ... sp=sharing
I would appreciate any reports of findings, bugs, etc. But it's also ok, if you don't.
you promised to slow down to at least 5.0!
...I'm glad you weren't being consistent ;)

Sounds great, very eager to test.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 04:25

Mycu wrote:
Sun, 16. Jan 22, 21:13
...you promised to slow down to at least 5.0!....I'm glad you weren't being consistent ;) Sounds great, very eager to test.
hahaha! yeah, i did. had to break it. self-isolation is the mother of productivity. :D

there's a bug! in the BETA that prevents it from identifying the target.
here's the updated version:

Betas, 17 Jan 2022
Emergent Missions 4.2.076 BETA: New feature: Search and destroy missions - i.e. "true" bounties (i.e. generated from kills by ships in the game) and "real" hunting (via nav beacons).
THERE WAS A BUG in 4.2.075 BETA that prevented the target from getting identified, so the mission wouldn't progress to the "kill" objective.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yw_wUx ... sp=sharing
I would appreciate any reports of findings, bugs, etc. But it's also ok, if you don't. Just tag me on x4_modding channel on Discord or add a comment here in my thread on the X4 forums (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=428150). thank you.

All attacks and kills are recorded (from when the mod is installed). And all kills generate a bounty mission owned by the victim's faction. These missions are offered at the nearest station owned by the victim's faction and at the victim's faction headquarters.

To help locate the bounty, the mission contact will give you 3 Navigation Beacons of the bounty's last reported sightings. These sightings are generated from reports of their attacks and kills; and exit and entry of sectors near the faction's satellites, stations or ships. You will be updated with new reported sightings.

The target is found when they are identified with your long range scanner, move into your zone, or detected by your radar - if they are an enemy.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 17 Jan: new Emergent missions 4.2.078beta: bounty hunting

Post by kuertee » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 10:45

Emergent Missions 4.2.078 BETA: New feature: Search and destroy missions - i.e. "true" bounties (i.e. generated from kills by ships in the game) and "real" hunting (via nav beacons).
THERE WAS A BUG in 4.2.077 BETA that prevented the nav beacons from sticking. In this version, they'll stay as mission targets until you find your target - as intended.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aaeJkE ... sp=sharing
Spoiler
Show

magitsu
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (RPG, gameplay, QOL, UI): 17 Jan: new Emergent missions 4.2.078beta: bounty hunting

Post by magitsu » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 17:37

078 seems to be working. SCA Marauder Kestrel Sentinel killed 1xM, got 77k for S&D. Found him near the closer waypoint trying to pirate another civilian.

Though the call to action (talk again to the mission giver at Pious MIsts XI Defence Platform) was a bit contradictory, since it awarded the money and +1 rep immediately after the kill.

edit: Here's Ianamus Zura situation 4 hours into a save. (2 screenshots)
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 18. Jan 22, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 02:59

magitsu wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 17:37
...Though the call to action (talk again to the mission giver at Pious MIsts XI Defence Platform) was a bit contradictory, since it awarded the money and +1 rep immediately after the kill....
ahhh yes, good point. i'll remove that last step. the first "talk to" objective is to get the nav beacons of last reported sightings. there's no use for the last "talk to" objective.
edit: Here's Ianamus Zura situation 4 hours into a save. (2 screenshots)
nice! thank you heaps! in the next version, which requires the unreleased update to UI Extensions, you'll be limited to one bounty hunting mission at a time. i.e. the Accept button will be disabled on other bounty hunting missions.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 11:19

magitsu wrote:
Mon, 17. Jan 22, 17:37
078 seems to be working. SCA Marauder Kestrel Sentinel killed 1xM, got 77k for S&D. Found him near the closer waypoint trying to pirate another civilian.
Lucky you - during my last (day before yesterday) 2h session I haven't found any Search and Destroy mission offers.
I hope today will be a kinder day ;)

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 02:59
in the next version, which requires the unreleased update to UI Extensions, you'll be limited to one bounty hunting mission at a time. i.e. the Accept button will be disabled on other bounty hunting missions.
Maybe Bounty Hunter standing could give possibility for a second active mission from certain faction at a time?
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Tue, 18. Jan 22, 12:29

Mycu wrote:
Tue, 18. Jan 22, 11:19
Lucky you - during my last (day before yesterday) 2h session I haven't found any Search and Destroy mission offers.
I hope today will be a kinder day ;)
Go to the capitals and you might be rewarded. The closest station jobs are very rare. For example the closest defense platform to the Xenon gate at Ianamus only had 1 job for Xenon I. But the capital trading platform next to it contained that whole list.
I was pleasantly surprised to see even M, N and P there. Those have a tendency to not survive incursions, so maybe they got their bounties from the ships that ventured into Xenon sector instead of the other way around.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”