[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 2 Jan: 7x updates: bug-fix to no npcs from mods after teleport to station

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 09:02

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 08:55
can you send me your save game so that i can look at its contents?
you may need to upload it somewhere (wetransfer.com maybe) then send me the link at kuertee@gmail.com
I sent you links to both saves!
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 2 Jan: 7x updates: bug-fix to no npcs from mods after teleport to station

Post by kuertee » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 14:48

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 09:02
I sent you links to both saves!
thanks! just testing the new version.
the bug exists in all the mods i uploaded last night.
basically, the bug is that the mods from last night's update were processing stuff when you arrive at the station instead of when you dock at the station.
and i'm hoping that would also clear stop the save from hanging after a clean-save.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 3 Jan: 7x updates: bug-fix to no npcs from mods after teleport to station

Post by kuertee » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 15:52

Updates, 3 Jan 2022
Alternatives to death https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551
Crime has consequences https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566
High-security rooms are locked https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/540
Modification parts trader https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/721
NPC reactions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
Reputations and professions https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/636
v4.2.071, 3 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: The mod was creating its rooms and npcs when you arrive at the station instead of when you actually dock or teleport to it.

Auto-camera and auto-pilot https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/734
v4.2.071, 3 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: Forgot to load kuertee_menu_docked.lua which the "Autopilot Then Pause" button requires. (It worked during testing because I had another mod load that file. The button failed to show when that other mod was deactivated.) This version now loads that file.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 3 Jan: 7x updates: bug-fix to no npcs from mods after teleport to station

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 16:20

I have confirmed with the "clean" save that everything is working now! The game loads properly, doesn't freeze on approach to the station, and doesn't freeze after landing (which did happen to me once on the original save). I really appreciate the quick update, and I'm glad I was able to help!

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 2. Jan 22, 23:57

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon... I'm still having unrecoverable freezes, though they're slightly more intermittent now, and at different trigger points. Freezes are occurring now when clicking on my pilot's chair to sit down and on launching off a dock. Not every time, and not in the same places.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 01:55

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 23:57
Unfortunately, I spoke too soon... I'm still having unrecoverable freezes, though they're slightly more intermittent now, and at different trigger points. Freezes are occurring now when clicking on my pilot's chair to sit down and on launching off a dock. Not every time, and not in the same places.
ok. will check it out. do you still have a save when that happened?

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 03:24

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 01:55
kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 2. Jan 22, 23:57
ok. will check it out. do you still have a save when that happened?
Yes, it's the same one I sent to you earlier - save #3 ("Kuertee Testing"). I went to the station directly ahead of me, landed, went to the trader, went back to my ship (I walked there, didn't teleport in) and the game froze right when I went to sit down (as I clicked on the seat). The second time, I was able to get to the seat, take off and then fly to another station, but froze on takeoff from that station. These freezes are happening within the first 30 minutes of running from that save, so even though they're not *specifically* reproducible, the condition will eventually trigger.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 11:37

kmunoz wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 03:24
Yes, it's the same one I sent to you earlier - save #3 ("Kuertee Testing"). I went to the station directly ahead of me, landed, went to the trader, went back to my ship (I walked there, didn't teleport in) and the game froze right when I went to sit down (as I clicked on the seat). The second time, I was able to get to the seat, take off and then fly to another station, but froze on takeoff from that station. These freezes are happening within the first 30 minutes of running from that save, so even though they're not *specifically* reproducible, the condition will eventually trigger.
sent you a link to a video fo me playing from that save game.
i docked at 4 stations,
walked around the first 3 stations.
retook control of the ship at every station.
and undocked at every station.
and didn't experience unrecoverable freezes.

i play only on a laptop from 2018. and only have the a geforce gtx 1060 on my laptop: https://imgur.com/UsZv8er
Last edited by kuertee on Mon, 3. Jan 22, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 12:02

minor update:

Wear and tear https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/523
v4.2.07, 3 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: The "AI autodocks" option was off by default. It should be on by default.

wanderer
x3tc

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 3 Jan: CHC - Missing fines offices

Post by wanderer » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 12:05

Seems your Crime has consequences still has the missing office bug.
(I never teleport, always fly and walk to the office, so cannot say something in regards to teleportation to a station. Saves are always made through options menue. One ship in custody [lucky me, only a trader], several fines with factions.)

I used 4.2.06 - worked.
Now I updated to 4.2.071 - and I am missing the fines offices. As from your nexus post, I flew to several other defense stations (also different factions), landed, walked - no fines offices.

Return to 4.2.06 was also not working. So, I saved, deactivated the mod and restarted. My ship in custody was not given back.
Now, I deleted the mod (ship in custody therefor gone). Started X4 and saved again - so some kind of 'clean' save.

Again, installed 4.071 and activated (as I see it, its now a 'new' installment). Loaded the previous (clean) save, fines are gone. Flying, landing to a defense station -fines office now there!
Test: shooting a staion, get some fines, flying to another one, landing - fines office is there and working.

So, It seems I had to use above described method of saving, de-installing the mod to get it to work. That may be fine - BUT if - as mention - you have ships in custody, with this 'workaround' you will lose them.
Regarding the ship - thats clear, bec. its not owend by the player faction anymore after taken by the mod.

Means, direct updating the mod (through swaping mod files) still breaks it, and you will not get the fines office to work.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 3 Jan: CHC - Missing fines offices

Post by kuertee » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 12:47

wanderer wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 12:05
Seems your Crime has consequences still has the missing office bug.
(I never teleport, always fly and walk to the office, so cannot say something in regards to teleportation to a station. Saves are always made through options menue. One ship in custody [lucky me, only a trader], several fines with factions.)

I used 4.2.06 - worked.
Now I updated to 4.2.071 - and I am missing the fines offices. As from your nexus post, I flew to several other defense stations (also different factions), landed, walked - no fines offices.

Return to 4.2.06 was also not working. So, I saved, deactivated the mod and restarted. My ship in custody was not given back.
Now, I deleted the mod (ship in custody therefor gone). Started X4 and saved again - so some kind of 'clean' save.

Again, installed 4.071 and activated (as I see it, its now a 'new' installment). Loaded the previous (clean) save, fines are gone. Flying, landing to a defense station -fines office now there!
Test: shooting a staion, get some fines, flying to another one, landing - fines office is there and working.

So, It seems I had to use above described method of saving, de-installing the mod to get it to work. That may be fine - BUT if - as mention - you have ships in custody, with this 'workaround' you will lose them.
Regarding the ship - thats clear, bec. its not owend by the player faction anymore after taken by the mod.

Means, direct updating the mod (through swaping mod files) still breaks it, and you will not get the fines office to work.
hey thanks! i expected that there may be some invalid data from the update process. i do keep track of it and try to allow for those. you can see those "allowances" in the code. but i wasn't expecting the fines office to not work with the update. i'm playing a game that i started from the mid dec - a few days after i released the citizenships mod.

losing impounded ships when reloading the game after deactivating the mod is normal. that faction that impounds the ships (not the faction that charges you with fines) is added by the mod. so, after reload without the mod, that faction is gone. i'm not sure what happens to the ship. i'm sure it's still at the dock where it's impounded (because its internal order to dock will still be valid) - but you won't have ownership of it. it may be ownerless and you may be able to claim it.

anyway, thanks again for the report. i always find them useful.

wanderer
x3tc

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 3 Jan: High-security rooms - freezes during teleportation

Post by wanderer » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 13:50

Sorry another bothersome problem - the freeze after update 'High-security rooms are locked' to 4.2.071.
(Starting always with/from a clean save - without high security roos mod! Teleporting between station, ships - own and factions.)

As mention by kmunoz earlier, freezing when teleporting.
Landed on a station (...for the CHC test :-) ), now teleporting to a station/ship/ship docked at station - freeze.

Deleted the HSRAL mod, same clean save, teleport is working (...well thats standart behaviour, but who kowns...)

Installing the (older) 4.2.01 version, loading the clean save - working! No freezes while teleporting.

So, as soon I installed/updated the HSRAL mod to 4.2.071 it freezes.
Seems your NPC room function (as I saw it in your comments on nexus) still hase some flaws. Well, I mostly fly, so I always can 'work around' - it is not that I am zapping through the galaxy...

B.t.w. tahnks for the mods, AND a good new year

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 3 Jan: High-security rooms - freezes during teleportation

Post by kuertee » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 15:31

wanderer wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 13:50
...So, as soon I installed/updated the HSRAL mod to 4.2.071 it freezes....Seems your NPC room function (as I saw it in your comments on nexus) still hase some flaws. Well, I mostly fly, so I always can 'work around' - it is not that I am zapping through the galaxy...B.t.w. tahnks for the mods, AND a good new year
sooo weird.
here's a video https://youtu.be/JPPJJOB0hAI with about 20min of me:
1. (at first) teleporting around, walking at stations - performed at 3 different stations
2. teleport back to the station my ship was parked
3. undocked, flew to a station, docked, walked around - performed at 2 different stations

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 4 Jan: Reputations and Professions bug-fix for new games

Post by kuertee » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 18:35

wanderer: i may have found the freezing bug. it was in Reputations and Professions (RAP).
freezes may occur on new games but, even if the bug doesn't cause it, the bug was NEW game breaking.
i've released a fix.

kmunoz: i still don't know why you're experiencing game freezes in that save that you sent me.
as the video that i sent to you via DM shows, i did not experience game freezes.

anyway, updates for today.
hopefully, it NOW allows without bugs my mods to detect teleportations to stations so that the mod creates their custom rooms and npcs.

Updates, 4 Jan 2022
v4.2.072, 4 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: New game bug: Auto-get-up variable not initialised. You don't need to start a new game. You can continue playing with your current game. The bug from the previous version only didn't initialise the variable.
v4.2.072, 4 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: New game bug: game breaking, variables not initialised. You don't need to start a new game. The bug from the previous version only prevented the mod from starting new games.

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 4 Jan: Reputations and Professions bug-fix for new games

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 3. Jan 22, 18:45

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 18:35
kmunoz: i still don't know why you're experiencing game freezes in that save that you sent me.
I'll update and then test again and make more detailed notes, if the problem recurs!

Edit: I just flew around and did the things that triggered the freeze before, for about 20 minutes, and it didn't happen. I will of course keep an eye on it but it may be resolved now.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 02:30

Note

Hey everyone that uses Reputations and Professions:
4.2.072 WILL RESET YOUR DATA. Sorry about that.
The only solution is to reinstall 4.2.071 AND reload a save without 4.2.072.
4.2.072's change is for new games anyway.

For new games, it's safe to install 4.2.072.

In the meantime, i'll find a fix for it not resetting your data.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 08:20

Updates, 4 Jan 2022
v4.2.073, 4 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: mod data on saved games were getting reinitalised. Bug introduced in the previous version, 4.2.072. This version is safe for use in both new games and old saved games. (Sorry for the poor QA. I was trying to get all the updates out before the NY, but introduced new bugs in the process. This should be it.)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 11:30

last new feature, i swear! after this one, i'll just be coding for reported (or found by me) bugs. i swear! :gruebel:

anyway, there's a new feature for NPC Reactions (a prompt from a Reddit post about the pilot is not always the captain of the ship).
i thought the Taxi feature was sufficient. i.e. with NPCR's Taxi feature, you can talk to the pilot of the ship you're standing on and tell him to fly somewhere.
and if that pilot is one of yours then they simply do not charge the taxi fee.

but UX-wise, it wasn't good enough an illusion of the player being the captain of the ship.
with the new feature ordering your pilot via conversations should make for a better illusion.

(and just to complete the list for today, i include the earlier bug-fix for Reputations and Professions:)

Updates, 4 Jan 2022
v4.2.073, 4 Jan 2022:
-New feature: Bridge crew: "Give order." conversation option with any of your AI pilots will open the map with their ship pre-selected so that you can directly give them an order. This is more tactile than the base game's actions to give an AI pilot an order: open map, select ship, give order.
v4.2.073, 4 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: mod data on saved games were getting reinitalised. Bug introduced in the previous version, 4.2.072. This version is safe for use in both new games and old saved games. (Sorry for the poor QA. I was trying to get all the updates out before the NY, but introduced new bugs in the process. This should be it.)

wanderer
x3tc

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 4 Jan: Freeze Bug with HSRAL

Post by wanderer » Tue, 4. Jan 22, 21:59

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 3. Jan 22, 18:35
wanderer: i may have found the freezing bug. it was in Reputations and Professions (RAP).
freezes may occur on new games but, even if the bug doesn't cause it, the bug was NEW game breaking.
i've released a fix.
Well, didn't lasted - sorry to response back negative.

I startet a new game (custom start with several stations, ships), HSRAL installed, also NPC Reactions, Crime and the station scan mods.
Now, I am building a station - admin center finished, also 6 cross parts, 1 3m6s dock. rest still in build process. Its the only station in this sector, I own (admin center!) the sector. Ship: I don't fly the ship, standing beside the pilot.

It landed with HSRAL installed - freeze. Reload save; Every time the ship is landing, as soon as it touches the landing plattform it freeses. Also to note - its the first time ever, that I landed on a station.

Now I removed the mod (complete), same save, same approach - works fine. Even the fines office is there as it should be.
Again: back to reinstalled HSRAL - landing - freeze. I did not remove NPC Reactions, they where/are still active.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (gameplay, QOL, UI): 4 Jan: Freeze Bug with HSRAL

Post by kuertee » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 03:46

wanderer wrote:
Tue, 4. Jan 22, 21:59
...Well, didn't lasted - sorry to response back negative.

I startet a new game (custom start with several stations, ships), HSRAL installed, also NPC Reactions, Crime and the station scan mods.
Now, I am building a station - admin center finished, also 6 cross parts, 1 3m6s dock. rest still in build process. Its the only station in this sector, I own (admin center!) the sector. Ship: I don't fly the ship, standing beside the pilot.

It landed with HSRAL installed - freeze. Reload save; Every time the ship is landing, as soon as it touches the landing plattform it freeses. Also to note - its the first time ever, that I landed on a station.

Now I removed the mod (complete), same save, same approach - works fine. Even the fines office is there as it should be.
Again: back to reinstalled HSRAL - landing - freeze. I did not remove NPC Reactions, they where/are still active.
thanks, wanderer, for the report. it came at almost at the same time (about half-an-hour within) as dtrail's and tasar's on nexus.

anyway, here's the fix:
Updates, 5 Jan 2022
High-security rooms are locked https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/540
v4.2.073, 5 Jan 2022:
-Bug-fix: Unrecoverable freezes caused by infinite loop when arriving at stations which MAY happen anytime you arrive at the station regardless of whether you teleport or dock.

EDIT: It's weird that it ddin't show up in my test yesterday youtube

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”