[MOD] Player Restock Subordinates

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

[MOD] Player Restock Subordinates

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 23. May 20, 18:43

Adds the ability to set fleet commanders or stations to rebuild/repurchase their direct subordinates (with caveats)

Download Link
Also available on Steam Workshop

Talk to the commanding ship's pilot or the station manager to enable/disable.

The loadout, crew amounts, assignment, group, and ship name will all be saved and applied to the new ship. Adding or removing subordinates after enabling is supported.

The shipyard to use is selected in the following order: player shipyard with free slots -> closest player shipyard -> NPC shipyard with free slots -> closest NPC shipyard

NPC shipyards only need to be able to build the main hull to be able to build the whole ship, even if other factions' components are used (same criteria as the player building NPC ships), but player shipyards need to have ALL the blueprints.

Currently, the rebuild behavior will be lost if the commander is destroyed or the pilot/manager is reassigned. Enabling for the commander will not enable or handle sub-commanders. This may be improved in the future.

Known issues:
  • The purchase price at NPC shipyards will not quite match what you would get from manually building through the UI. It will be close, but usually a little more than normal. Until I find a way to fix it, think of this as a convenience tax :)
  • Although new ships will have exactly the equipment they had before, they aren't guaranteed to be equipped in the same location. For example, if you had missile turrets on the left and pulse turrets on the right, these may be swapped.
  • Drones will be limited to the amount the ship would restock if it was set to the highest resupply setting, which is unfortunately not currently 100% capacity.
Last edited by Mysterial on Fri, 29. May 20, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.

Orageon
x4

Re: [MOD] Player Restock Subordinates

Post by Orageon » Thu, 28. May 20, 22:01

I like the concept. I suppose the idea is that fleet commander can semi-automatically re-make/order some ships that might have been destroyed. interesting..
"At the end of the game, pawns and kings alike end up in the same box."
--
X4 - Pep Talk - Motivate your crew to boost their morale

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 17. Nov 21, 05:24

EXCELLENT mod. Thank you!

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 01:28

Replying to add after extensive use of this mod:

It's fantastic that it renames and assigns replacement ships to the groups they were in, but turret behavior doesn't seem to be copied. At least not in 4.2. I hadn't looked before. But currently my restocked ship's turrets are using global turret behavior instead of the turret behavior of the ship they are replacing. Great mod otherwise.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 13:13

Thanks for the mod. Gonna dink around with it this week.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Wed, 29. Dec 21, 07:33

Nice mod b.t.w.
Q.: Could you elaborate what is the difference between the steam version and the direct download link? In the steam version I get an additional md file and 2 t-files in their respective folders - Thanks.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”