[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.0) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.1)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 00:23

ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 12. Jan 23, 23:15
Oh God...New version released and I only have the savegame where Buffalo IS ALREADY near the wrong accelerator :rant:
This game really hates me...new game start, here I come :lol:
:mrgreen:

And here we go, newer version of REM:
REM 2.2.5
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

Speeds reduced of 50-70% in comparison to version 2.1.2
Average is 1000-1500. Trade ships are a tad slower
Faster ships are in the 1500-2000 range.
Split and terrans remain the fastest.
I calculated all speeds using commonwealth's engines. Terran and Split engines can give a little nice boost to the stats of any ship. The game allows using any engine, unfortunally..
Destroyers and Capital ships can be very fast, S ships are NOT faster, only more agile and quicker to boost.
Hope it helps the AI for fighting and docking.
Rebalanced S Thrusters
Revised prices of engines and thrusters
Raw values of speed among Mk1 to Mk3 are made more similar. This should help NPC ships that use Mk1, engines have similar performance. But Mk2 and Mk3 greatly increase either travel, boost speed, bust duration, etc.
More differentiation between TRAVEL and COMBAT. Travel engines have high travel speed, very low boost (both duration and speed). Combat engines have very high boost (duration and speed), while low travel speed. Allround engines have identical average values for travel and booster

I've rebalanced all S ships and engines. The others are still a tad too fast, will balance M next...
Last edited by Realspace on Sat, 14. Jan 23, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

Newinger
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.0) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.1)

Post by Newinger » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 19:01

Could you make an experiment maybe, solely with S vs. S and S vs. M ships?

Do they hit each other now reliably?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 13. Jan 23, 19:09

They hit much also before. I had plenty of such battles. Problem was only with L/XL ships. Well so reported, I did not see it but had not huge battles involving lot of S vs an L/XL. Weapons are very lethal, so there is an advantage for S ship but I think this is in vanilla too. I see reason for buffing more the hull and shield of L and XL. In my similar mod for X3 I had to do it too, fast bullets do more damage per time and big ships receive more bullets per time.
Last edited by Realspace on Sat, 14. Jan 23, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

Bozz11
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by Bozz11 » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 10:18

This mod came a long way, very impresed by the way it looks and feels right now, I will start a new game with it and VRO + VRO engines mod.
Thank you

Newinger
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.4) - "Engines Mod" (2.2.5) - "X4RSGE" (3.3.4)

Post by Newinger » Sat, 14. Jan 23, 10:30

Bozz11 wrote:
Sat, 14. Jan 23, 10:18
This mod came a long way, very impresed by the way it looks and feels right now, I will start a new game with it and VRO + VRO engines mod.
Thank you
With VRO Double Speed Mod it feels quite nice indeed. Have fun :)

I would be interested to read about your observations regarding the galaxy's economy in the long run.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 11:51

Small Issue: When you enter Sigma Tau VII: Elena's Fortune from the North, the computer voice says "Entering System: Sigma Tau - System". It should say "Entering System: Sigma Tau VII: Elena's Fortune" (if possible).

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 17:15

when you enter a system, from another system, betty says only the name of the system. When you enter a sector from another sector of the same system, betty says the complete name

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 17:31

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 15. Jan 23, 17:15
when you enter a system, from another system, betty says only the name of the system. When you enter a sector from another sector of the same system, betty says the complete name
Ah, I see. Bit confusing :)

Another small thing: I just entered Windfall I: Union Summit, coming from the east gate (Grand Exchange).

When I target the superhighway to Windfall II: Union Summit, it shows the distance as 800063.5 km :D (it corrects itself ca. 20 km near the highway entrance).

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 18:59

I use a few mods I managed to make, One if for adding more traders to all factions to help them with thelimited speed of ships with VRO, Even with double speed for all engines some ships are still extremelly slow, some M traders hit 5.000 Km/s so I added double the number of traders (almost) see how that goes.
Also I added more jobs for all factions for military ships now they have decent fleets, each faction has around 2.500 ships with different loadouts.

I tried to add jobs for Hatvikla's free league because I see they now have wharfs and shipyards, but they don't spawn my ships.
I think realspace should add some life to hatvikla now that they seem to have some decent stations.

I really love the feel of the mod, started in nopileo's fortune with my HQ and a low ships and I really feel kinda lost in space and just try to grind some money.

Bozz11
x4

Bozz11 wrote:
Sun, 15. Jan 23, 18:59
I use a few mods I managed to make, One if for adding more traders to all factions to help them with thelimited speed of ships with VRO, Even with double speed for all engines some ships are still extremelly slow, some M traders hit 5.000 Km/s so I added double the number of traders (almost) see how that goes.
Also I added more jobs for all factions for military ships now they have decent fleets, each faction has around 2.500 military ships with different loadouts.

I tried to add jobs for Hatvikla's free league because I see they now have wharfs and shipyards, but they don't spawn my ships.
I think realspace should add some life to hatvikla now that they seem to have some decent stations.

I really love the feel of the mod, started in nopileo's fortune with my HQ and a low ships and I really feel kinda lost in space and just try to grind some money.

Bozz11
x4

I use a few mods I managed to make, One if for adding more traders to all factions to help them with thelimited speed of ships with VRO, Even with double speed for all engines some ships are still extremelly slow, some M traders hit 5.000 Km/s so I added double the number of traders (almost) see how that goes. edit actually it's not double but around 50% more traders.
Also I added more jobs for all factions for military ships now they have decent fleets, each faction has around 2.500 military ships with different loadouts.

I have also added more jobs for SCA and yaki

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 19:22

Bozz11 wrote:
In my VRO XSRGE Double Speed game, for my own M ships, I use travel engines only, so they are faster than 5.000 km/s. Works fine so far. Of course one must not expect the same speed as in vanilla - XSRGE is supposed to feel slower.

It also needs some exploring to see where good profits can be made (taking into account long travel times due to some one-way highways). But after a while (currently 15 hours in my current game) it feels quite good.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 22:23

I'm not worried for myself, I'm more worried for the factions right now and I see the mod spawns more station for factions on start and I guess factions will build more stations as the game runs ?

but yes for someone who likes slow games this is perfect and I'm perfectly fine with the pace and exploration so far.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 06:24

Bozz11 wrote:
Sun, 15. Jan 23, 22:23
I'm not worried for myself, I'm more worried for the factions right now and I see the mod spawns more station for factions on start and I guess factions will build more stations as the game runs ?
Yes, understandable. I am worried about the economy, too, but due to the huge galaxy - where at game start you only see a small part first - one can get a worse impression than actually justified.

For example, I started at Argon Prime Alpha, and for some reason the game did not give Argons in this sector (and nearby sectors) a lot of stations first, and some essential stations where only in the southern sector which has only a one way connection. So both me and the AI needed to travel long ways to ship essential goods to Argon Prime.

But other sectors are better - Antigone is very thriving, for example.

Currently I'm focusing on Hatikvah. They build many new stations but the AI was not clever enough for proper resource management - they started several factories at once instead of first building one. They need food rations and medical supplies urgently, for getting their hull part factory going. Otherwise they can't finish their started factories. So I'm currently shipping these goods to them from either Windfall or from Teladi space. But other than that, Hatikvah is quite busy (more than at the beginning), many AI traders are shipping goods constantly.

We'll see how this develops over time. But I am getting more optimistic.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 10:55

The only way to see the economy in action is to start a new game and open the entire map and reveal all stations (cheat), which I have to do now every time even for checking new gates etc (the preview of the map in custom game is a mess with all the moved connections :D ). Then of course there is the time factor to see. At beginning I see a lot of stations as expected (and planned in the mod) more in core sectors than in say gas giants, ore belts etc. This was a feature we discussed some time ago and I introduced, more stations in core sectors less in external ones.

Having a totally remade job and god file allows every player that wants to mess a bit whit the mod to test some variations. For instance I reduced a bit the patrols because they seem too much but Bozz reports them being too few. Increasing them is easy, but I look for balance. Lot of ships hit fps and lot of patrols make the universe too easy. ;-)

Ok, let's start the list of next updates for XRSGE :) :
Bug fixes
* Faction station logic rewritten
Changes
* Superhighway Sonra II made two ways
* Increased Argon/Hatikva stations (they are coupled)
* Increased nr. of trade stations
* Increased jobs for Hatikva, Scaleplate and Bucaneers
* Added trade jobs for Hatikva (but am not sure they are applied, they don't exist in vanilla)
* Increased jobs for Free Families, Court (patrol)
* Increased trade jobs for all factions, L and M only
* Increased trade jobs for all factions, deep space mining
* Reduced jobs for construction vessels
* Increased Xenon patrols
* Increased Xenon encounters pool
* Increased Khaak encounters pool
Added
* +2 sectors in Morning Star system
* +1 sector Montalaar Gamma
* +1 sector Power Circle Gamma
* +1 sector Argon Prime Gamma
* +1 sector Black Hole Sun III Gamma
* +1 sector Black Hole SunAkeela's Beacon Gamma
----------------------------------

About REM:
I am quite unsatisfied by the all ships can mount all engines feature of X4. I definetly preferred the X3 singe ship/unique engines. This thing is also causing unpredictable behaviours by NPC ships so I had to make the Mk1-M3 difference minimal. This apart, allowing a split ship mounting a terran engine is breaking immersion to me.
I still I've not looked in the files, did anybody already made a similar change? I.e. every race can use its own engines only
Last edited by Realspace on Tue, 17. Jan 23, 13:15, edited 18 times in total.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 11:53

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 16. Jan 23, 10:55

* Superhighway Sonra II made two ways
Thanks! This will help Argon Prime a lot.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 15:18

Don't know if this is important, but in the debug log, XRSGE is throwing several instances of the following error:

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 68702.38 LookupKeyName::LookupName(): The key name "diff" is not recognized in lookup 'ComponentXML'. Originated from: "extensions\xrsge\maps\xu_ep2_universe\sectors.(xml|xml.gz)"
[General] 68702.38 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 68702.38 LookupKeyName::LookupName(): The key name "replace" is not recognized in lookup 'ComponentXML'. Originated from: "extensions\xrsge\maps\xu_ep2_universe\sectors.(xml|xml.gz)"
[=ERROR=] 68702.38 LookupKeyName::LookupName(): The key name "sel" is not recognized in lookup 'ComponentXML'. Originated from: ""
There's also another one:

[=ERROR=] 4.40 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fxrsge%2Fassets%2Fprops%2Fsurfaceelements%2Fmacros%2Fscanner_gen_s_longrange_01_mk1_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 14, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found
And:

[=ERROR=] 68702.38 [Geometry::Geometry] Boundingbox is invalid/empty for geometry (extensions\xrsge\assets\environments\cluster\cluster_49_data#moon_rocky_12_atmo), pls fix!

Finally, there are several hundred resource-related errors like these:

[=ERROR=] 68702.38 Region 'icefog_02' has field with ware 'rawscrap', but no yield for that resource
[=ERROR=] 68702.38 Region 'suncorona_bluish' has field with ware 'ore', but no yield for that resource
[=ERROR=] 68702.38 Region 'region_cluster_416_sector_002' has field with ware 'ice', but no yield for that resource
[=ERROR=] 68702.38 Region 'asteroid_field_medium' has field with ware 'rawscrap', but no yield for that resource
[=ERROR=] 68702.38 Region 'asteroid_field_high' has field with ware 'rawscrap', but no yield for that resource
[=ERROR=] 68702.38 Region 'icefog_02' has field with ware 'rawscrap', but no yield for that resource

(and so on)
To get the debug file, start X4 with the option

-logfile debug.txt

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 17:00

Newinger wrote:
Mon, 16. Jan 23, 15:18
First one should be a random error due to some white space too much, I think, nothing so relevant to miss the patch..I hope :roll:
Second is bc the file is empty
Third is a corrupted mesh, thanks. I don't know why sometimes the copypasted mesh from vanilla cluster get corrupted. They have to be copied again.
The fourth is not avoidable, the engine sees that there are regions as asteroids devoid of any resources. It's the sceneries I made

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 17. Jan 23, 09:59

Bozz11 wrote:
I have also added more jobs for SCA and yaki
Interesting, please report how the game goes. I will definetly increase jobs for those factions too in next update. Am hesitant to crowd too much with ships for performance and gameplay reasons. I had to reduce patrols, did you even increase them?

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 17. Jan 23, 13:45

Started a new game - no issues for now. Lots of ships (okay, maybe too many fighter ships in Windfall), khaak station near the jumpgate in border Grand Exchange sector with lot of dogfighting, found abandoned mineral Crane surrounded by lasertowers...having a lot of fun :D

The only thing bothering me now is that I can't get reshade to work (doing as you advised and nothing changes), so nebulae seem rather dimm for me.

Besides, is there any chance you could make another version of STARS with old Milky Way - the new one breaks immersion a little bit. Tried to change it myself, but cat/dat extraction breaks some planets meshes. Anyway, can't find any astronomical reason why there is such a big nebulae in the background, maybe supernova...but wouldn't Earth be destroyed by gamma rays caused by supernova explosion not very far away (according to nebulae size)? :P

P.S. Small issue found: Sigma Tau Elena's Fortune and Bala Gi's Joy should change descriptions

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”