[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets

Post by Realspace » Sat, 16. Jan 21, 19:54

There is a stupid error in the content.xml, I wrote version 2.0 in the xml's version too. Change it to 1.0, it will work. Uploading the corrected file

phucahwa
x4

Post by phucahwa » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 19:25

Just want to leave a message to say thank you for such an awesome mod. I especially like the new looks of the planets/moons...the ones in the base game seem to have lower resolution vs the ones from this mod. Just curious...will you be updating the mod after the release of the new DLC? There will be a new terraforming feature in the game that may or may not affect your mod.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 09:45

Hi, I just wanted to ask, if this mod is compatible to the 4.0 version with Terraforming.
You changed some planet textures and now I am unsure if it will work with terraforming the planets?
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

SolusVagus4544

Post by SolusVagus4544 » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 20:44

Hello, I know the issue I'm having is not due to your mod but just curious if you can shed some light on it or some ideas on what to do.

in the new sectors added by other mods. not sure which one it is yet, either The Ancients Mod, Qang Qbeng, DeadAir Gate or ROR. There is no skybox, everything else is there, only can tell iam moving visually by the space dust flying past. kinda erie.

any suggestions you or others might have would be appreciated.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 21:11

SolusVagus4544 wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 20:44
Hello, I know the issue I'm having is not due to your mod but just curious if you can shed some light on it or some ideas on what to do.

in the new sectors added by other mods. not sure which one it is yet, either The Ancients Mod, Qang Qbeng, DeadAir Gate or ROR. There is no skybox, everything else is there, only can tell iam moving visually by the space dust flying past. kinda erie.

In the past that has happened because the game can't find the skybox files. IIRC in particular, the mod files have to be in the program directory, not in Documents.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 16:54

SolusVagus4544 wrote:

Double check that folder name for mods match the path in index/macros

SolusVagus4544

Post by SolusVagus4544 » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 19:47

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 16:54
SolusVagus4544 wrote:

Double check that folder name for mods match the path in index/macros
Yes that was the issue, read most of the readme file but not all the way to the end.......what a dork does one feel like

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 12:51

Will you update the mod for 4.0 and new COH sectors? COH skyboxes are very bad and very low-res

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 6. May 21, 16:42

Mr.Freud wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 12:51
Will you update the mod for 4.0 and new COH sectors? COH skyboxes are very bad and very low-res
Noticed this as well. Hopefully this gets fixed in vanilla since it's so obvious in the Terran sectors.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 11. May 21, 02:27

Mr.Freud wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 12:51
Sorry, for the time being I am not fixing the new dlc too. Frankly I think that when the art design is poor EGO should take care of it not modders. It is not a question of taste, so modding to taste, it's that the vanilla looks terrible sometimes. I haven't coh dlc, don't play x4, but can imagine the issue if they used the vanilla backdrops, again. Sorry guys, maybe in future when X4 is finished (and a galaxy editor is relased), I'll go back to it. In the meantime authors of big overhaul mods may use my mod, just please pm me before :wink:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 16:34

I've done a quickfix for the terran sectors. This is only a quick mod, more will come
This addon changes only the stars in the milky way and the planets Mars, Jupiter and Brennan's Triumph. Other planets will be improved later

COH dlc is required of course
Instruction: unzip and put the subst_02 files inside the STARS mod folder

I added a new ReShade setting that, I think, make the terran sectors look better, it is made with a ingame setting's GAMMA at 0.90

Go to the same page and look for the addon file https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507

New Mars:
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 763449.png

New Brennan's Triumph
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 857848.png

New Jupiter
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 840532.png
Last edited by Terre on Tue, 27. Jul 21, 19:40, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Action_Parsnip

Post by Action_Parsnip » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 15:21

Hi

I may be being a bit dumn here but... where do I put the .ini file for the reshade and do I need to download reshade itself? or do I just plop this .ini file down somewhere inside the game and it works that way??

Thanks!

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 23:25

Hi everyone !

I've found a solution for the issue with COH fix in 4.10, IT IS NOT A GREAT ONE.

Basically, I've unpacked every ".cat" files in the "ego_dlc_terran" which are in the extensions folder.

To unpack the ".cat", use the Catalog Tool from X Rebirth, you find it here under "Unpacking the Game Files":

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=402452

After that, I've unpacked the "subst_02.cat" and copy/paste the "assets"
folder (ONLY THIS FOLDER NOT THE "libraries") into the "assets" folder
inside the unpacked "ego_dlc_terran" in the extensions.

Last step is to delete the ".cat" files which are the following:

ext_01.cat
ext_01_sig.cat
ext_02.cat
ext_02_sig.cat
ext_03.cat
ext_03_sig.cat

Then you can launch the game and you should see a beautiful Mars.

There is propably an easier solution by modifying the "material_library.xml" in the librairies folder (when "subst_02.cat" is unpacked) but I haven't been able to found a good solution so far.

Do not use the "subst_02.cat"/"subst_02.dat" at all.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 5. Nov 21, 12:29

Sorry guys the mod needs me making a patch for the COH's material_library.xml. The mod is currently using a not patched file but a whole subst, so it can create issues since it was made with the 4.0 version. I don't play X4 now, but be sure I'll make a new final edition of my mod when the game is "finished" and all the modding tools released: galaxy editor, planet editor etc.
Last edited by Realspace on Thu, 11. Nov 21, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Fri, 5. Nov 21, 21:04

Great to know !

It's a really great mod, take your time and I'm looking forward to the tools as well ^^

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets (V2.1 - 03/2022)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 11. Mar 22, 21:08

MOD V 2.1 is released

The mod is updated to X4 4.2 and has a lot of improvements in the backgrounds.

Unfortunally I had to revert some gas giants back to vanilla, because the game stopped loading my custom textures (don't ask me why :| )
Should you find some other invisible gas giant or planet, just edit the material_library.xml, look for the sector (I put the name of the sector at the start of each section) and disable or delete the corresponding <REPLACE> </REPLACE>section

Please rename mod's folder to STARS, it is currently named STARS_release_2.1 otherwise the mod won't work
I forgot to change the name before packing

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 22:38

Any chance this MOD works for 5.0 and ToA DLC?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 22:59

Eriodas wrote:
Fri, 18. Mar 22, 22:38
Any chance this MOD works for 5.0 and ToA DLC?
I am uploading right now version 2.2
I will eventually update it for Tides of Avarice, but I still have a lot of work to do to optimize the planet's shaders and am also working on two other mods, Engine mod and a galaxy map remake
I will eventually...the pack in my mod should definetly change some texture used in ToA, probably the skyes, but I still have not the dcl to see it

Realspace
x4

[MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets (V2.2 - 03/2022)

Post by Realspace » Fri, 18. Mar 22, 23:46

Version 2.2 is downloadable
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/

New gas giants are back, new planets too

Mars has been redone, it has atmosphere, now it shows

I've added a main menu replacement, only planet Mars, no stations no ships no logo, see in the optional files

I've reduced the local fog, it's less intrusive now. If you don't like, just delete the region_definitions.xml file
There is a mod in the nexus to delete it completely, or you can edit the above file changing the parameters to zero

Eriodas

Re: [MOD] STARS - New skybox, nebulae and planets (V2.2 - 03/2022)

Post by Eriodas » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 15:26

Thank you very much. I totally loved how space look with your mod and i was waiting to see if you had the time to update it (i know you work in other mods too).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”