[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mystershow
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.10)

Post by Mystershow » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:20

Great, thanks for the reupload !

I'll check it once it's done

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.11) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (1.10)

Post by Realspace » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:36

Could it be that the folder is named xrsge_2.0? I forgot to rename it before zipping. It has to be named only 'xrsge'

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:49

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:36
Could it be that the folder is named xrsge_2.0? I forgot to rename it before zipping. It has to be named only 'xrsge'

Yes that's it !

I didn't even thougt about checking the content.xml to see the id :-o

I just have to rename the folder xrsge_2.0 to xrsge in extensions

I now have some pink squares in Balck Hole Sun and it's all pink in Argon Prime and Trinity Sanctum but it's working, I still have the inactive (and don't have collision) gate but it can be resolved with revealing the map like before most of the time

Can't wait to break the mod in an another way :mrgreen:

Edit 1: If I use an older version of Stars, the pink issue is resolved

Edit 2: Still happening in Grand Exchange but that's the only sector which is pink with the older version of stars

Edit 3: most of the highway seems to be inactive for the player

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 18:09

Mystershow wrote:
Sun, 11. Sep 22, 15:49

I now have some pink squares in Balck Hole Sun and it's all pink in Argon Prime and Trinity Sanctum but it's working, I still have the inactive (and don't have collision) gate but it can be resolved with revealing the map like before most of the time

Can't wait to break the mod in an another way :mrgreen:

Edit 1: If I use an older version of Stars, the pink issue is resolved

Edit 2: Still happening in Grand Exchange but that's the only sector which is pink with the older version of stars

Edit 3: most of the highway seems to be inactive for the player
This should not happen. I never get pink textures, the only thing that can happen is a white circle instead of planet if you enter too fast or use cheat jump, the engines does not load it. Pink textures happen when a texture is missing. If old stars mod solves meanss your STAR 3.2 is incomplete. Try unzipping it again.

Superhighways should show after you reveal the map..I am still testing those. Fortunally they are half now...I will do a version 3 without any, I want to win this challenge with the engine :lol:

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 19:11

for me all sectors are pink background :lol:
Others are half space background with some pink squares

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 19:30

It's still happening after I've dowloaded the mods again and unzip them

Furthermore, it's the vanilla background in Mars ^^

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 20:16

Ok guys I must have deleted some texture before zipping, I keep the psd with the dds and delete those before zipping. I probably deleted some dds too. If old stars works this is the only explanation. Use olde stars for now, tomorrow I'll upload a repack

For now if you have the old version 3.11 use that and simply overwrite stars 3.2 over the previous. It should work
Last edited by Realspace on Mon, 12. Sep 22, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 20:23

Thanks for the quick fix !

There is no rush, at least for me since I have to test the compatibility of my modlist with X4SGE 2.0

IgorDolvich

Post by IgorDolvich » Sun, 11. Sep 22, 22:06

Would it be possible to modify the starting ships for X4RSGE/Engine Mod? The current Stranded start ship (Misfit) seems to be equiped with Mk1 engines/thrusters and the intro start where Axiom flies you to the Flagship takes like 15 minutes lol and you're not able to do anything except wait.

Everything else is great so far! I'm glad you added the random derelict ships, I always loved the exploration part of these games and the new changes definitely lets me re-explore this game :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 10:22

IgorDolvich wrote:
Sun, 11. Sep 22, 22:06
Would it be possible to modify the starting ships for X4RSGE/Engine Mod? The current Stranded start ship (Misfit) seems to be equiped with Mk1 engines/thrusters and the intro start where Axiom flies you to the Flagship takes like 15 minutes lol and you're not able to do anything except wait.

Everything else is great so far! I'm glad you added the random derelict ships, I always loved the exploration part of these games and the new changes definitely lets me re-explore this game :D
Yes I will check REM for the starting scenarios. The Split scenario does not work but there are workarounds. The easiest not elegant solution is to start a game without REM, accomplish mission, then activate mod. REM can be activated whenever you like, it changes ship's stats on the fly.

P.s what I actually want to do is increasing the basic engine/thruster specs but only after I find how to increase their price too (or decrease mk1's and mk2's prices), because in vanilla they make no sense. Their price difference is even 20x, while their performance difference is minimal. I think I prefer to decrease mk2/3 prices because they are too high, higher than the nude ship

---------------------------------------------------

Corrected STARS mod is available, I called it 3.2.1 so that Nexus recognizes it as update but it is the same...and yes, I had deleted the materials file before zipping. Sorry, I was tired and uploaded both mods late in the night after hours modding :shock:

IgorDolvich

Post by IgorDolvich » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 17:18

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 12. Sep 22, 10:22
Yes I will check REM for the starting scenarios. The Split scenario does not work but there are workarounds. The easiest not elegant solution is to start a game without REM, accomplish mission, then activate mod. REM can be activated whenever you like, it changes ship's stats on the fly.

P.s what I actually want to do is increasing the basic engine/thruster specs but only after I find how to increase their price too (or decrease mk1's and mk2's prices), because in vanilla they make no sense. Their price difference is even 20x, while their performance difference is minimal. I think I prefer to decrease mk2/3 prices because they are too high, higher than the nude ship

---------------------------------------------------

Corrected STARS mod is available, I called it 3.2.1 so that Nexus recognizes it as update but it is the same...and yes, I had deleted the materials file before zipping. Sorry, I was tired and uploaded both mods late in the night after hours modding :shock:
I'll give the new Stars an update! Great job by the way on everything.

The issue I see with at least the starting ship / various mission ships, is that when mission ships (pretty much any time Axiom / Ace flies something personally, etc) are being used, they tend to not use travel drive or they use it very intermittently. After testing a bit with different starts, for example the starting ship (Stranded) flying from 18 Billion > Emperyan Curs ship, it appears that Axiom does not use his travel drive at all and coasts along with his regular thrusters. Not sure what the cause of that is, as it appears the same in vanilla. I believe this was originally intended due to the various dialogue options you have with Axiom that you can realistically get through all voice lines then arrive at the destination within a few minutes. With XRGSE, the distance is much further so the issue is more apparent.

I'll give it another run with REM enabled/disabled to test a bit further and let you know what I find with various intro starts and some plot missions I can test out.

Another note, for the engines and thrusters themselves, I believe any change you make will be good. The price is an issue mainly with your first few ships really, so even just a slight modification won't affect the overall longer term game in my opinion. I believe buffing the Mk1's will make them more viable for your very first ship (which you tend to not have any money at all for upgrades), which is a good way to "sell" the mod for REM for first time users. If you play around with only the Mk1's it's pretty much very difficult to learn (I literally spent 20 minutes trying to land in various plot locations during the Terran Cadet start lol), but the Mk2's and above make it more "learnable" if that make sense.

JmB123

Post by JmB123 » Mon, 12. Sep 22, 18:04

Super highways are still not working for player-controlled ships. The superhighways work when autopiloting by following another ship or having the next sector already discovered to auto to a spot/station. I can get them to work somewhat by saving and then restarting before but the speed doesn't go past the ship's max speed doing it this way.

Bozz11
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.21) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (2.2)

Post by Bozz11 » Tue, 13. Sep 22, 09:38

from my testing the engine mod that goes with this mod doesn't work well for AI ships, I saw some M crovettes trying to shoot at each other for around 15 minutes with 0 chances of hitting because they were drifting in space and trying to lock the ennemy... Will test further but doesn't look like the AI knows how to handle this

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.21) - "Engines Mod" (1.65) - "X4RSGE" (2.2)

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 02:35

Tried Lite version. Finally stutering's gone, thanks a lot.
Found out that galaxy map became smaller for at least 100 sectors while distances between objects and stations became too large :(
I also can't find Oort cloud sector on the map. Seems like it was deleted as well.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 08:49

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 14. Sep 22, 02:35
Tried Lite version. Finally stutering's gone, thanks a lot.
Found out that galaxy map became smaller for at least 100 sectors while distances between objects and stations became too large :(
I also can't find Oort cloud sector on the map. Seems like it was deleted as well.
I removed some redundant sectors as Oort and Pluto, I preferred a more compact internal layout for faster connections while sacrificing secondary sectors used only as passing sectors in v.1.0. Sectors are not all larger, only gates are moved (accelerators are as in 1.0) and some high-yeald resources are far from center, usually towards planets (gravity...), but you are not obliged to go there. Shipyards and wharf are moved towards low orbit, so yes you have to travel towards planet there too. I tried a compromise for both kinds of players (and also as I like, sometimes exploring, sometimes not).

Btw you can still use 1.0 if you prefer :wink: , stuttering has gone away there too. It was caused by the buggy damage-effect that somehow taxes the ram. It is a vanilla thing, but I used many damage-regions for the suns so the issue exploded. 1.0 is not that polished in terms of rewriting missions (I'm now uploading 2.3 with these changes) for the changed sectors and could have a couple of buggy sceneries (I can easily correct them if you find, the white bubbles instead of nebulae). But it works now that stuttering has gone. In any case, add a mod that increases travel mode. My REM mod has very high travel speeds for mk3 engines, so distances are managed correctly with that.
Bozz11 wrote:
Tue, 13. Sep 22, 09:38
from my testing the engine mod that goes with this mod doesn't work well for AI ships, I saw some M crovettes trying to shoot at each other for around 15 minutes with 0 chances of hitting because they were drifting in space and trying to lock the ennemy... Will test further but doesn't look like the AI knows how to handle this
Thanks for any testing you can do on M and L ships, up to now I found that S ships go very well with the REM engines. They are lethal thanks to the longer range of bullets. Drifting is normal (it is space..) but they can engage enemies. Fact is the pilot should do what the player does, i.e. using the afterburners, so only relying on rear thrusters to decelerate, not the frontal. And use the lateral thusters too, that are much more powerful (thanks to the inertia), to dodge the bullets. S ships, even if drifting away, turn and shoot at you, so somehow the ai manages inertia decently. Maybe with M ships I have to increase their engines or increase their bullet's speed. Also, I use Kuertee's AI scripts..don't know whether they make any difference, still did not look inside.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REM 1.7 is out
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848
1.7 introduces some changes for starting scenarios:
Split spacesuit has more oxygen and increased speed, you can reach the Jaguar in time.
Terran Cadet starts with Mk2 engines

This hard-core mod greatly benefits from another small but important change, the Better Target Monitor
https://github.com/bvbohnen/x4-projects ... et_monitor
It calculates the ETA (extimated time to arrival) so you can know when it is the right time to turn 180° and use the afterburners to decelerate.
People I know my engine mod is not for everyone but the challenge it introduces is very satisfying, not that difficult believe me. Of course you have to upgrade to Mk3 engines as soon as possible.
Other small tricks in combat: don't aim at the closest enemy but at the intercepting vector. Use the map to see if an enemy is drifting away or towards you, target the one that is coming closer. It'd be good to rewrite the "closer enemy" script to use the eta instead of closer in that instant...
It's newtonian physics 101, but afterburners are very powerfull so believe me it is easy to master, similar to other space-games. At least in an S ships (what I tested sofar)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XRSGE 2.3 is out
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
I've rewritten many parts of the plot's missions to cope with the changed layout, expecially terrans..
Added some new regions at lower orbit to better find resources and have manufacturing closer to resources

ziplock815

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.21) - "Engines Mod" (1.7) - "X4RSGE" (2.2)

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 16:43

I'm afraid REM is too hardcore for me :roll:
I prefer classic gameplay. I also can't find mods increasing travel velocity. Any ideas? :gruebel: Or maybe I can increase it myself by changing some parameters in mod's files?
BTW could you bring back Oort cloud sector? It's one of my favourites, reminds me X3 old days :D
I also wanted to ask if there're any plans to port/add X-Rebirth sectors: Omicron Lyrae, Maelstrom, De Vries, Albion etc. ? Some modders started making ports of these sectors to X4 couple of years ago, but it seems these mods aren't going to be released :(

Found an issue/bug. Uranus sector is now called "Pluto" by Betty and is displayed as "Pluto" on galaxy map

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.21) - "Engines Mod" (1.7) - "X4RSGE" (2.2)

Post by Realspace » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 18:46

ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 14. Sep 22, 16:43
I prefer classic gameplay. I also can't find mods increasing travel velocity. Any ideas? :gruebel: Or maybe I can increase it myself by changing some parameters in mod's files?
BTW could you bring back Oort cloud sector? It's one of my favourites, reminds me X3 old days :D
I also wanted to ask if there're any plans to port/add X-Rebirth sectors: Omicron Lyrae, Maelstrom, De Vries, Albion etc. ? Some modders started making ports of these sectors to X4 couple of years ago, but it seems these mods aren't going to be released :(
I am sorry to say no to all....there are reasons. Oort kind sectors, it is full the map. Not in sol but in many other systems. There are many dark or even pitch-black sectors at the externals of systems. I started with Rebirth sectors but decided to only use some assets. I think my mod has a unique atmosphere that is based on X4 specifics... Rebirth would not fit. There are many broken moons in the mod and many foggy sectors that are thousands kms large, There are many Suns with sector close, I don't feel Rebirth would add much if not nostalgia :)
About REM, you can edit it and remove all the props/units then open the engines and one file by one remove all the lines that don't contain 'travel'. This should give you insane travel speeds :mrgreen:

Yes names can be off, they are still based on version 1.0. thanks for reporting..

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 19:02

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 14. Sep 22, 18:46
ziplock815 wrote:
Wed, 14. Sep 22, 16:43
I am sorry to say no to all....there are reasons. Oort kind sectors, it is full the map. Not in sol but in many other systems. There are many dark or even pitch-black sectors at the externals of systems. I started with Rebirth sectors but decided to only use some assets. I think my mod has a unique atmosphere that is based on X4 specifics... Rebirth would not fit. There are many broken moons in the mod and many foggy sectors that are thousands kms large, There are many Suns with sector close, I don't feel Rebirth would add much if not nostalgia :)
About REM, you can edit it and remove all the props/units then open the engines and one file by one remove all the lines that don't contain 'travel'. This should give you insane travel speeds :mrgreen:

Yes names can be off, they are still based on version 1.0. thanks for reporting..
Thanks for the answer. Atmosphere in your mod is really great and unique. However, you've already made some old sectors like Farnham's legend, but differently looking so it'd be nice if you added other old sectors (that weren't for some reason presented in vanilla game) with this mod's approach. Well...one can hope :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 14. Sep 22, 22:23

Recreating Rebirth's clusters is not difficult...I could even do it. But I'd like to implement a story, factions, uniqueness. I only took the liberty to add Farnham's Legends as a tribute to X3 FL that I really appreciated, but the system is shared between pioneers and terrans. For the rest what this mod aims to be is a kind of Vanilla on steroids :D

We'll see...I'd like to complete at least one playthrough...I still haven't played X4, if not for testing only :o

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”