[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by Realspace » Fri, 19. May 23, 17:02

I found a major cause of stuttering in my game, well it was Reshade.
The framelimiter I had added to obtain the opposite, well it causes the stuttering...a lot.
Remove it from Reshade settings.
I am doing some fine-tuning of the backgrounds in order to need even less Reshade, just a touch.
Anyway my reshade settings are not taxing, just a few fps but THAT framelimiter setting caused massive stuttering even during high fps sessions.

About REM, I repeat for those who gave up:
Latest version is much more forgiving. Physics are similar to X3. When you turn 180° the ship drifts a bit but then stops, even without applying the afterburners. And thrusters are very powerful.
Give it a try. It can be added/removed during any game, no issue.

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Fri, 19. May 23, 19:12

Hmmm, I dont have any reshade activated for now... But I found a possible issue. Doing a long range scan near or in middle of some asteroid/cloud field generates a big white cloud as a scan result which causes some major game freeze with an instant crash. if you are a good distance away only a big white cloud was drawn while the scan runs.

More findings later. Just enjoying some great visual places atm :)

I tried REM / X-Dangerous and VRO double speed mod and the VRO mod hits my style of flying around the best atm. it also was compatible to lots of VRO shipmods for now. I'm figuring out the best combination and compatibility of mods and my personal taste. It's all a big experiment for now :)

ps: look at your personal inbox...

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 19. May 23, 23:27

That's strange. I've never ever had a crash during a scan, in any version of the mod. Yes some freezing due to the big regions rendered as white fog, but crashes never :sceptic:

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 19. May 23, 23:38

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 19. May 23, 23:27
That's strange. I've never ever had a crash during a scan, in any version of the mod. Yes some freezing due to the big regions rendered as white fog, but crashes never :sceptic:
It happened just once in Rolk's Demise, when after scanning there appeared this white fog, fps dropped and game crashed.

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Fri, 19. May 23, 23:49

ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 19. May 23, 23:38
Realspace wrote:
It happened just once in Rolk's Demise, when after scanning there appeared this white fog, fps dropped and game crashed.
Look like it depends how much of this white fog was created. Best is not to move around and wait until it disappears.

Just arrived Neptun Sector... Man...I dont want to spoil much, but what a dark, cold and creepy experience! THANKS!
Not done with all Terran Sectors yet - will finish them tomorrow.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 19. May 23, 23:55

LostCompany wrote:
Fri, 19. May 23, 23:49
ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 19. May 23, 23:38
Realspace wrote:
Look like it depends how much of this white fog was created. Best is not to move around and wait until it disappears.

Just arrived Neptun Sector... Man...I dont want to spoil much, but what a dark, cold and creepy experience! THANKS!
Not done with all Terran Sectors yet - will finish them tomorrow.
Yeah, Realspace definitely did really amazing work with Neptune sector, darkness all around and lightnings... just awesome.

P.S. Seems like background deep space galaxies move too when traveling through shw. You sure you couldn't enlarge the skybox back to previous version so that effect wouldn't be noticeable?

Narevek
x4

Post by Narevek » Sat, 20. May 23, 08:06

It doesn't look like there's any way out of Family Tkr II: Fires of Victory. Tried with a new game and latest version to be safe. There's a superhighway leading in from Fires of Defeat, but none leading out.

Other than that, this mod is amazing and I can't ever imagine playing X4 without it now. :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 20. May 23, 10:44

Don't worry I found a way to change even superhighways and them being updated in current game. Will check the connections there.

Ziplock, there are some clusters having sectors that are 8.000.000 km apart (skyboxes are 10.000.000 now ...they were 100.000.000.000 before :D ), one is indeed neptune. I can either bring them closer or simply enlarge the skybox in those clusters only. One decimal up, i.e.
100.000.000 should not trigger the triangle glitch.

Another solution is to connect them through accelerators instead. Or a mix. Deep space/oort etc can be made closer, last planets as neptune by using the gate, it makes sense. It remains the long connections from planet I to a sun. Those are often very long (as it should be) and the animation of going to the sun is nice to have, so will leave shws there but can change the skybox. I want very minimal skyboxes there, even almost none. The sun's light should be so strong there to cover any other source, planets apart.

As side note, still today I hate those superhighways (and the smaller sectors, on map, they create) but they are the only solution to have an animation of space travel. I think ego could have made a simple zoom-in zoom-out animation everytime you enter an accelerator. This would have looked similar, a planet coming closer or going far. Other than being very nice to see, in the time of the animation all the assets can be loaded to avoid the missing textures you have sometimes when entering a sector.
Last edited by Realspace on Sat, 20. May 23, 11:01, edited 2 times in total.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 20. May 23, 10:53

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 19. May 23, 17:02
The framelimiter I had added to obtain the opposite, well it causes the stuttering...a lot.
Remove it from Reshade settings.
What? Where? I don't see any frame limit in settings.

I have a bug.
Tharka's Sun VI Beta system. West accelerator cannot be targeted, shows as "unknown object" even at several km range and if you fly through it nothing happens.
https://imgur.com/QfFqqU8

And another bug. Sector Free Families X has one way connection with Free Families VIII and if you enter Free Families X the game will crash in a minute.

Sector Free Families VII has no gates at all. I don't know how it happens, but I was in that sector and now even an autopilot can't find a route there.
Last edited by ScandyNav on Sat, 20. May 23, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Sat, 20. May 23, 11:19

No bug report, but another question to all the mods fans out there: How are you enjoying all the "space"? I'm really undecided now. There is this big, wonderful designed universe, but it also feels very empty to me. Stations are sparse, mostly placed near a portal or highway. The long distances adds lots of realism, but also burning lots of time you are doing.... nothing - just flying from sector to sector. Are there enough POIs make it worth to uncover all of the sectors space? Suggestions to make the space a more "living" one?

pls discuss! I'm really looking forward to your answer!

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 20. May 23, 11:32

From time to time return to X Rebirth, where the exploration part was well mixed with "busy space" aspect, X4 is lacking this atmosphere for some reason.
However, Realspace made exploration part interesting again.

Btw, superhighways may not be the best solution, but the effect of space travel between them is just too cool. Please don't delete them :D

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 20. May 23, 12:22

I like the zones in Rebirth much more (once you get rid of the highways), even if the map is very unfriendly. It would be enough to have a circle or similar bordering the zones, in x4, to have a similar layout with POI. Zones are there but are not visible on the map. Having a diameter of max 3000km for resources is also a limiting factor. But 3000km is not small. What I can do is move the zones to coincide with small regions of resources. This will make the poi. I already did it at some extent but in xrsge sectors are not identical. Alpha planets have few resources and lot of industries, resource's sectors as gas giants and belts, on contrary have less stations but big regions.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Sat, 20. May 23, 15:50

LostCompany wrote:
Sat, 20. May 23, 11:19
No bug report, but another question to all the mods fans out there: How are you enjoying all the "space"? I'm really undecided now. There is this big, wonderful designed universe, but it also feels very empty to me. Stations are sparse, mostly placed near a portal or highway. The long distances adds lots of realism, but also burning lots of time you are doing.... nothing - just flying from sector to sector. Are there enough POIs make it worth to uncover all of the sectors space? Suggestions to make the space a more "living" one?

pls discuss! I'm really looking forward to your answer!
Well, I see it this way: Space IS big and empty. Feeling the emptiness and the loneliness is part of the experience and at times can be quite meditative. ^^

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sat, 20. May 23, 16:18

I agree, the experience is really meditative sometimes, which brings the thought...maybe you could add some tracks that replace or at least play dark ambient zone tracks in scary xenon areas and other, more friendly ambient tracks (Rebirth etc), - in populated areas only. I've been struggling to add my own ambient tracks instead of dark ambient. That required converting to ogg. format and sadly I never could make them play properly. Vanilla dark ambient music really creeps me out most of the time :lol:

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Sat, 20. May 23, 17:16

Haha... Well I agree! But hey, hide some pirate red light districts for fun, blackmarkets, some anomalies leading to unknown dangerous sectors with some really good stuff to recover (ships, blueprints, ...) spread some more fabs (oreprocessing in mining areas) find a good balance to populate the extended sandbox or it will remain as a desert with only a few oasis...

I discovered all Sonra Sector now ... not one shipyard was in the area! but a fab for refined goods surrounded by 100 of anchored containers all with different contents at the SE gate in Sonra Sol Sector. I think the are to less fabs and stations or there is an overproduction of material no one wants or has use for it.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 20. May 23, 18:06

Economy displacement is not totally random in xrsge. Primary production, refineries are close to resources in those sectors as ore belts, gas giants. Industries and final productions are concentrated close to the main planet

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 20. May 23, 21:17

ScandyNav wrote:
Sat, 20. May 23, 10:53
I have a bug.
Tharka's Sun VI Beta system. West accelerator cannot be targeted, shows as "unknown object" even at several km range and if you fly through it nothing happens.
https://imgur.com/QfFqqU8

And another bug. Sector Free Families X has one way connection with Free Families VIII and if you enter Free Families X the game will crash in a minute.

Sector Free Families VII has no gates at all. I don't know how it happens, but I was in that sector and now even an autopilot can't find a route there.
Is this somehow my only problem?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 20. May 23, 22:23

I don't know, need to access my pc to check. Will do next days. So many broken connections should not be there, makes me think something else is interfering but who knows. Do you use other mods such as ossidian raiders, etc?

@lostcompany, about the previous note, there are indeed a lot of pirate bases in xrsge, hidden in gas clouds, handplaced, some randomly but far from the center. I also reworked a bit the encounters, since the Ecounter mod can't be used, to have xenon/khaak, they show indeed often. There are also many ships to salvage close to the planets or far. There are small zones with very high yeald to find. For last, in the advanced game you use the time of travel to manage all the ships and stations of your empire

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Sun, 21. May 23, 01:46

Like to help figure out whats happening here and there. Some stations in a few sectors are hidden in dark, because the sectors map/borders are not 100% "opened" after jumping in. It expands when flying near the border and stays expanded when reopen the map screen... for some gates or highways the autopilot is not working. The AP just turns off. It's very hard to explore, scan and analyze whats going on with the economy in this VERY BIG universe :)
I installed a cheaty mod revealing all of a sectors secrets just for debugging and time saving. Sending out my first freighters and ore harvesters and watching what they are doing now... collecting all the data you may need to make the mod even better :)

cheers!

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 21. May 23, 07:35

LostCompany wrote:
Sat, 20. May 23, 17:16
I discovered all Sonra Sector now ... not one shipyard was in the area! but a fab for refined goods surrounded by 100 of anchored containers all with different contents at the SE gate in Sonra Sol Sector. I think the are to less fabs and stations or there is an overproduction of material no one wants or has use for it.

Maybe it were SCA pirates hacking the station, it happens sometimes. Since there are a lot of hidden SCA stations in this mod the piracy is quite common, be careful and watch your HQ. You may discover some of your resources missing :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”