[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LostCompany
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" - "Engines Mod" - "X4RSGE"

Post by LostCompany » Sun, 21. May 23, 10:13

First TER ships roaming ARG Space now. The economy is picking up speed. I ordered 3 Discoverer to follow 3 diffent types of ARG ships - freighter, cloud-collector, and fat battleship in help to show me trade routes and stations. Lots of station constructing happens now but also lots of raidings. Things has started to be interesting. There is more living in the sandbox now! :)

I aim to find all the basics errors and bugs - not story related. I'm looking for sectors with gfx problems, gate connections, and so on ... while trying to get some feeling how the AI handles all the space. The very first hours was just flying around finding and unlocking some gates and stations. Now, with the first basic freighters and harvesters things became more handy.

This was a custom game start with some little money and known home solar system. Factions settings standard, just pushing TER from -15 to 0. The sessions aim was bug- and logical error findings. So I started with a pimped up heavy fighter which is not converted to dust on the first hit...

Like the mod really!

Fly safe, the universe is counting on you :)

Reporting back the evening...

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 21. May 23, 11:20

Happy to know it finally clicked for you :-) it is to be expected that economy is stronger for all factions because they own entire systems, not casual sectors' and every system has plenty of resources. But it takes time bc they are spread on different sectors of a system. I usually see that at the very beginning they already engage in skirmishes against empty sectors controlled by sca, as f.i. Paranid invading sca-controlled Nopileous that has even sca defense stations.

Unfortunelly I've been so busy nailing the plots and stories that had not the time to enjoy the simple sandbox experience but I think it must be highly vital and having lot of grandeur with all the space and economy at disposal. In latest updated I have reduced the ships around to avoid too much burden on the cpu but seems they are many nevertheless. I use even less ships than vanilla but let them start from beginning at full force and loadout. It seems that the jobs are fully expressed when there is more space at disposal. So I expect that the memory burden of late game should not happen, i.e. the slowdown be identical as in the beginning

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Sun, 21. May 23, 13:55

There are so many major mods X4RSGE can benefit from! I'm playing with VRO, FOCW, XR Ships, Kuertees RPG Mods which adds lots of missions and other aspects to do. With every passing hour, the universe seems to become more alive. It just takes time to form. The trade may have to be adjusted a bit. It doesn't make sense that the freighters now take twice the time for a delivery, but the prices have not been adjusted. Maybe I'll get into modding X4 a bit more. In principle, programming is no stranger to me, but I lack the time.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 21. May 23, 14:59

My other mod REM includes a 2x storage for trade ships. This compensates for the longer routes. If you don't like REM, you can use other mods that simply change the storage of ships. I think this is the optimal way because increasing prices could bring to stagnation. So the trades are both profitable and bringing double the materials needed in the industries close to the capital planets

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sun, 21. May 23, 15:11

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 20. May 23, 22:23
So many broken connections should not be there, makes me think something else is interfering but who knows. Do you use other mods such as ossidian raiders, etc?
Mods affecting map - I think not. But I use a lot of others: VRO, SVE, XR shippack, many kuertee's mods, etc.

Can it be, that Sector Satellites mod can break accelerators with its scanning probes from Adv.Satelites?

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 21. May 23, 15:31

ScandyNav wrote:
Sun, 21. May 23, 15:11
Realspace wrote:
Sat, 20. May 23, 22:23
So many broken connections should not be there, makes me think something else is interfering but who knows. Do you use other mods such as ossidian raiders, etc?
Mods affecting map - I think not. But I use a lot of others: VRO, SVE, XR shippack, many kuertee's mods, etc.

Can it be, that Sector Satellites mod can break accelerators with its scanning probes from Adv.Satelites?
Try to disable all mods except of xrsge. I've found which mod was created shader error in my game doing so.

Btw, anyone using jumpsrive mod? It helps a lot covering long distances and making gameplay simular to X3/Rebirth. I use it only for capital ships in order to have them function as big mobile bases. For example, I've recently captured Colossus and use it for jumping. Now traveling in paranid space in search for missions to gain reputation to 20. I want to buy that Odysseus E ship, but now thinking to play evil SCA pirate and simply board it heheh

LostCompany
x4

Post by LostCompany » Sun, 21. May 23, 17:07

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 21. May 23, 14:59
My other mod REM includes a 2x storage for trade ships. This compensates for the longer routes. If you don't like REM, you can use other mods that simply change the storage of ships. I think this is the optimal way because increasing prices could bring to stagnation. So the trades are both profitable and bringing double the materials needed in the industries close to the capital planets
Is it possible to apply REM direct to the engines and not every single ship? I have some custom ships running the REM effect will not apply. But I will recheck later. There is a more storage mod available - will give him a try. I'm very pleased how the game feels now. Revealed a free ship at argon prime alpha. 15.000km beyond the sectors borders lol :) Capturing the ship was easy and it instant docks at the station. But I had to fly back every single km! :-)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 21. May 23, 22:04

ScandyNav wrote:
Sat, 20. May 23, 21:17
I am checking the Tharka's sectors now, gates are all ok but both the superhighways are broken. The mods you use I use too, except SVO so don't worry for them.
Will correct for next update....(I hate those superhighways :rant: :mrgreen: )
Free family accelerator works perfectly, both directions. Something else is responsible in your game for that.
Also Free families VII is ok, it has 2 superhighways that work normally. It has no gate by design.

Ziplock what jumpdrive mod do you use? In my X3FL Galaxy Mod I changed the jumpdrive to be xl only and the galaxy was, similarly as xrsge, made of multi-sector systems having gate only at the borders.
That's how I like the game, giving capital ships a special meaning

@LostCOmpany, custom ships can be easily 'REMized'. They usually use the same vanilla engines that REM modifies so you just have to add them in REM under the same folder of your mod. Change their units values accordingly to the class. See the nexus for discussion on how to do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And...a new version of STARS 4.1.0 is out
:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/
I've taken the time to redo textures and materials of the backgrounds, and some planets.
I consider this the CLEANER SKIES version. Background stars are much better, less intrusive but shining, also without Reshade.
For that, Reshade setting has been improved too. It is a very light touch, to make everything pop-up more. Very light, 2-3 fps loss.
Only one version: STARS_dimm

XRSGE version 4.4.2 is out too.
:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507/
Bug fixes (above sHWs) and some model's change.
It also fully utilizes the new materials in STARS. I've added back some of the vanilla nebulae but totally redone in intensity and each mixed to cope with the new ones.
Enjoy the clean skies :D
Last edited by Realspace on Mon, 22. May 23, 00:15, edited 4 times in total.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 21. May 23, 23:44

Thanks for the update. Hope you didn't change my favorite nebulae in Hatikvah and Guiding Star :)

I'm using Jump Engine mod from nexus, because I didn't find any mod working better than this. I've set that only capital ships could jump so the experience is mostly like in X3FL with your mod.

P.S. Having missing planet textures in Heva's Twin First Flight and Getsu Fune Tsukuyomi. Maybe some files were corrupted while downloading? :gruebel:
Will try to redownload
Redownloaded and reinstalled. Same issues. Maybe planets in other sectors have missing textures too, I've picked up just a pair of random sectors.

Reinstalled previous version of STARS - seems like it has the same problem with missing textures. Maybe better to upload loose files version?

Btw, could you please make a NoFog patch? There's still to much fog in my opinion. The game feels much cleaner without it everywhere :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 22. May 23, 08:40

Nope it is not STARS. It's XRSGE. Missing textures are revealed by a pink picture. When you see an empty circle is always a problem with meshes.
In Hewa there was an error that duplicated the atmosphere of planet, while the other is simply the planet's model that had a wrong name. You were lucky to find them immediately :-)

XRSGE version 4.4.2 PATCH available
:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files

-------------------------

I want to buff more the M class in REM. They are quite useless, despite I still have not played an advanced game with their strategical displacement as drone carriers or defenders of large ships.
In REM they already received better shielding, but their guns are not very effective. And they still are very weak. Used the Thresher in the Boron plot and was destroyed in seconds by Khaak's M3s

I was thinking of two ways of making this class more interesting: 1) is increasing their maneuverability; they remain bricks but at least are agile or 2) increasing their weapon's damage.
I don't want to mess too much and always keeping REM lightweight (no new classes, new guns etc.). So am open to suggestions

Vladimanz
x4

Post by Vladimanz » Mon, 22. May 23, 18:40

I updated to XRSGE 4.4.2 but there still doesn't seem to be a way out of Family Tkr II: Fires of Victory.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 22. May 23, 22:02

It was a leftover from previous version when that sector was connected to a sun in another system controlled by Xenon, so the way back was shut by Split. I re-enabled it, download:
XRSGE PATCH 4.4.3
:arrow: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... ?tab=files

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 23. May 23, 02:03

Found an old bug - Planet Sutton is only half-textured (meshed? :D ). Visible while traveling via shw from Gaian Prophecy Sutton to Gaian Prophecy Beta. In Gaian Prophecy Beta there's a lot of fog so it's not visible from here, only while traveling between sectors.

Like new Milky Way a lot, really nice looking. Don't know If I like that blue glow in the background of Terran sectors, though - only if it could be explained as Solar System passing some local cloud of gas, for example :gruebel:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 23. May 23, 09:36

That's not a bug. It's vanilla feature. To remember you the hard work I had to do by changing all orbital planets to be seen from far. :D Vanilla meshes, they'd all look like that from the distance :P

The blue halo is something I have not control on. Seems to be born during last skybox changes :mrgreen: It is pleasant in general so did not care but in terran space fits not. Will see..

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Tue, 23. May 23, 11:19

I remember you had to remake all orbital planets, really appreciate. I just thought if you hadn't remade this one because of that it is terraformed by Segaris Pioneers or maybe you forgot. Anyway, is there anything you could do with this piece of planet :D and not to cause plot errors? Maybe simply put an accelerator here instead of shw?

About that blue glow - it looks nice in Circle of Labour. This sector is not far from Sol system, but isn't part of it if I'm right? Anyway, it's interesting that you've removed the gate from Asteroid belt and made Circle of Labour connected to Sol by accelerator.

P.S. Started to get small freezes in my game, although overall FPS is high. Could it be something with big amount of deployables? I've placed nav beacons almost in every known sector (already opened 115 sectors)

P.P.S. Omicron D is very beautiful :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 24. May 23, 09:56

I had that too and solved by:
1. Updating win
2. Updating the chipset drivers
3. Updating Realtek audio drivers
4. Removing any mod that causes errors in the log (except the .sig error which is not)

xrsge has no errors in the log but the huge map could cause some slowdown.
This game is not made for such a big galaxy. I am thinking about a cut down version, with less secondary sectors. But would first be sure the map is the problem before doing it. Other modders wrote about the big maps causing slowdown in the past, if I remember correctly.

I randomly have errors about god engine's missing zones which are not missed by the mod in reality. Exit and reloading the game's latest save makes the error end . This shows somehow that the engine misses some sector due to the high number. It happens after some time indeed.

Anyway my game is going without stuttering now after the above interventions. So please everyone be aware that the most my mod can do at its current state is worsening an issue caused by drivers or other mods. Do all the necessary to have an optimized system for the game. It is very sensitive to driver's issues. I had lot of errors due to drivers. Well, I still have some, about sounds, but already updated every possible driver

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Wed, 24. May 23, 19:08

Save/load helped, thanks. Please don't cut down the galaxy, I like it in current state, the vastness of universe and lots of sectors :)

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 24. May 23, 23:05

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 09:56
I am thinking about a cut down version, with less secondary sectors. But would first be sure the map is the problem before doing it. Other modders wrote about the big maps causing slowdown in the past, if I remember correctly.

I randomly have errors about god engine's missing zones which are not missed by the mod in reality. Exit and reloading the game's latest save makes the error end .

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Wed, 24. May 23, 23:09

Realspace wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 09:56
I am thinking about a cut down version, with less secondary sectors. But would first be sure the map is the problem before doing it. Other modders wrote about the big maps causing slowdown in the past, if I remember correctly.

I randomly have errors about god engine's missing zones which are not missed by the mod in reality. Exit and reloading the game's latest save makes the error end .
Well, maybe you hit some engine limit indeed with the high number of sectors, so a cut is inevitable, but if not, I'd prefer to keep it as it is.

My main wish for this mod is: A final, stable version. I would like to start finally a "real" game without the "beta testing" feeling or the constant "fear of missing out" of a new potentially save-incompatible version. I think you were already near it but I have the feeling that it went more into the unstable direction again recently? (and I have somehow missed the reason why you started to remake all the sectors again - was there a critical bug?)

I know it is hard. And I thank you for all the work, really.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 25. May 23, 03:13

Newinger wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 23:09
This is the final state. This layout won't change.

Remember that I had to adapt to version 6.0 and Boron dlc. The only changes I did in the galaxy were related to this. Otherwise I'd had settled on my latest version for 5.1, still available on the nexus.
Remaking backgrounds is not related to map and plots in any way. I did for those having the triangle glitch. But these changes are not stored in the save. Do not break any save nor require a fresh game. This has to be clear.

The critical issues breaking a save were only related to plots. They resisted any scripting and only solved after having remapped the index of sectors aka the galaxy.xml. This change introduced a modify in the save that could not be avoided, despite the map was IDENTICAL.

Anyway this is not a beta, all plots work now and no errors. I'd say it is finished.

The cut down version I am doing will not be in the nexus. Will provide a private link here, without support. Support is and will be only for the current version.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”