[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

wanderer
x3tc

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.3) - "Engines Mod" (1.7) - "X4RSGE" (2.4.5)

Post by wanderer » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 10:48

Re.: FPS drop to 3fps in map view:
Realspace wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 02:00
Try removing libraries/parameters.xml and see if performance in map increases. I added more zoom and details but in general sectors are much larger so holding more things. This could affect fps. My map can go down but not that much. The lowest I saw is 15fps. Try this solution and report, if it's only parameters it's easy to overcome
Done.

(...tests and settings are the same as in my post before... ...and always a new game...)
Testing with 2 admin stations: 15-17fps, 18-20fps when zooming into the sector. Seeing both sectors, ~15fps. So about 2-4fps more.
Testing with 4 admin stations: ~8fps, so no real change. When zooming out to see both sectors also ~8fps.
Now, with 10stations: 2-3fps, so no difference.

B.t.w. all ships are assigned to a station role (defend, trade, mine), as this was also hinted in other posts regarding fps problems inside the map view.
System: Win10 / i7-4790K / 32GB / SSD 970 EVO Plus / RTX2060Super/8GB

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.3) - "Engines Mod" (1.7) - "X4RSGE" (2.4.5)

Post by Realspace » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 11:22

It could depend by radar range largely increased. Do the same, remove libraries/defaults.xml

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 14:16

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 11:22
It could depend by radar range largely increased. Do the same, remove libraries/defaults.xml
That (seems) to be it - BIG Thanks. :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

(station build up as in my first post)
with 10 stations: ~24-27fps
4 stations: ~35-38fps
2 stations: ~35-38fps

It seems it was the radar range(s). For more tests; witch entry (from the xml) should be tweaked to figure out the problem?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 19:43

You can try to use the defaults.xml but to delete only the <replace etc. that contains stations and leave the rest(ships). So ships continue to have large radars but stations not. Also I modified satellites to have much more range. They are in assets/ props/equipment. Delete the two argon satellites.

Be aware that these changes are in REM mod too, so if using both have to do for both.

These experiments are usefull, so I can know what affects fps more and save the rest. If it's only stations that's not a big deal, but ships need a larger radar given the distances. And good to know that parameters is not affecting, there are many nuances there for better zooming the map etc.

That could explain why I did not see the issue, I have no station except hq in my playthrough..I am still testing plots and stories (all working well sofar)

About visual glitches I'll see when am back to my pc but seems some corrupted mesh. Changin settings won't change that. Anybody else having that visual glitch?

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 23:58

I tested with Xenon Awakening and it is good, xenon creates new ships like the V and the I was modified. But I don't have time to say now if it's good with FOCW Corporation, I can just say that the different corporations were there, but I don't know now if the corporations create stations.

And thanks for your mod, it's really cool even without a highway I have to admit, I was just thinking of a more XR atmosphere was missing from X4

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 13:13

Folker wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 23:58
can just say that the different corporations were there, but I don't know now if the corporations create stations.
Yes, I see today that the corporation have station and ship, there are the corporate's news development on message

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 18:00

That's good . When all the patching is finished I can think about adding other solar systems built around new factions introduced by the various mods. For Farnham's I used the idea of terrans and pioneers sharing its space, which works well lore-wise. But for more systems I prefer new exotic factions

wanderer
x3tc

Re: REM and other ship mods

Post by wanderer » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 23:23

Well, still testing around :-)

Now, I first did not use REM. After I installed it midgame, I figured out, that mod ships seems not to be calculated correct regarding their speed.

I am using: sapphire ships mod (nexus), Syn MK2 (Steam) and Regnarok (an Asgard overhaul) (Steam).
And also the ship variation expansion mod.

(Test: Alway using a new custom game start, alway using the max configuration for the ships config/setup. No other mod to change ships engine/speed/etc.. installed).
For the mod ships I am given a speed value under 100. For the vanila ships always over 1000 and higher.
E.g Asgard vs Ragnarok - 2.000 vs 23! Same with the other mod ships. While without REM speed valus are the same/nearly the same.

Is there a way to change some xml settings inside your REM mod folder, to setup the speed values for mod ships?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 26. Sep 22, 21:33

REM is unique in the way it changes ships. It removes the drag factor and introduces inertia back. In so doing, it also reduces the engine's push which would be overkill. Vanilla engines are ovepowered bc they somehow have to push a ship that has "brakes". Basic-coded flight model in X4 is very correct (finally, it was not in X3), I think the best among space games that don't aim to be a simulator. But on top of it, ego decided to add the drag factor ("brakes") in order to make, for many players, the ship easier to manouver, while for others as me it resulted into destroying immersion: i.e. making ships move as sea ships or submarines instead of space ships. So in order to make the mod work over any other new ship introduced by other mods you have to do the same, i.e. setting their drag factor, for each ship, at almost zero (you can look inside my files and figure it out, and look the SVO patch I added), otherwise you'll have two different physics in the same game. After doing this, engines don't matter. So the problem is not the max speed, it is the other mod's ships would behave like submarines, while the vanilla (+SVO I patched) like real ships in space with real inertia. Not very immersive, but ehi it is your game so you decide what to do with it

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 10:33

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 26. Sep 22, 21:33
REM is unique in the way it changes ships. ... . setting their drag factor, for each ship, at almost zero (you can look inside my files and figure it out, and look the SVO patch I added), ...
Thanks for the answer. Now, how do you calculate these 4 replace values (forward, reverse, horizontal, vertical) ?
Do you have some 'formula' - to e.g. take into account the ship mass or/and the ship class.
(This, so I can try to patch my other ship mods.)
Realspace wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 19:43
You can try to use the defaults.xml but to delete only the <replace etc. that contains stations and leave the rest(ships). ...
That was the solution for my fps drop. After some tests, I now commented out the radar for the station setting. After that done, the fps are now better. (Did not test with lower values, will do that later...).

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 19:33

wanderer wrote:
Tue, 27. Sep 22, 10:33
Realspace wrote:
REM is unique in the way it changes ships. ... . setting their drag factor, for each ship, at almost zero (you can look inside my files and figure it out, and look the SVO patch I added), ...
Thanks for the answer. Now, how do you calculate these 4 replace values (forward, reverse, horizontal, vertical) ?
Do you have some 'formula' - to e.g. take into account the ship mass or/and the ship class.

Q.: Is there an error in bullet_gen_m_gatling_01_mk1_macro.xml (and the mk2 too) ?:

Code: Select all

<replace sel="//macros/macro/properties/heat/@value">45</replace>   - I mean the '//'  

Realspace wrote:
You can try to use the defaults.xml but to delete only the <replace etc. that contains stations and leave the rest(ships). ...
That was the solution for my fps drop. After some tests, I now commented out the radar for the station setting. After that done, the fps are now better. (Did not test with lower values, will do that later...).

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 19:34

Realspace wrote:

Q.: Is there an error in bullet_gen_m_gatling_01_mk1_macro.xml (and the mk2 too) ?:

Code: Select all

<replace sel="//macros/macro/properties/heat/@value">45</replace>   - I mean the '//'  

Realspace wrote:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 01:38

Better you wait for next version I'll upload tomorrow, I spent a day rebalancing all. As told, you can adapt ships from other mod if creating a patch for their props/units as you see in my mod. You can take as example the patch I made for making SVO work together with REM. As told, those values refer to the drag factor, they regulate inertia. But wait for tomorrow's upload..

---------------------------------------------------------------

REM 1.8 MAJOR UPDATE
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/848

Now that XRSGE seems stable, I've finally had the time to deeply check REM mod.
So I rebalanced everything, looking for each single ship. The aim as always is to differentiate not according to top speed (a not significant value) but other factors such as: acceleration, booster's push (afterburners), speed of manouvering, travel speed, so on..

The big updates regard especially M engines that are much better now, to cope with other ships. M ships are back to be quick corvette and frigates. While these are indeed fast (and lethal), M transports etc. keep a lower profile, so have good top/travel speed but are slow for the rest and sluggish.

I've also rebalanced all MK1 for S and M engines. Mk1 is much closer to Mk2 in terms of raw performance, while Mk2 still has better afterburners and travel and also better frontal thrusters.
The frontal thrusters have all been increased to help autopilot and they follow the same range of quality: almost on par with rear thrusters in Mk3, less in Mk2 and Mk1
Of course to have the highest push you still have to use afterburners (so to "brake", always better turn 180* and use boosters or travel engines).

L and XL engines are rebalanced too. Their raw performance is identical, travel engine has a bit higher travel speed (and price).
They also have the race's pattern I'll talk later, aka teladi cheap, split and terrans better and costly

I've changed all the prices accordingly. In general Mk3's prices have been a bit nerfed, while Mk1's prices are higher, since the engines are better now.
I wanted to be sure that NPC AI ships have decent engines, because while player can and will upgrade as soon as possible, some AI ships have Mk1 as default.

With prices I've also introduced a new differentiation, not based on ranking but on manufacturer. As it was in X3, Teladi produce cheaper engines but they use other tricks to cope with less raw power, such as more travel speed. Teladi like trade, not fight..

Split, as for tradition, have faster engines (not too much) and slightly higher prices. Argon and Paranid are similar but change in small nuances, f.i. argons have a bit less raw power but higher booster.

Terrans have the best engines and they cost significantly more. This also follows the old philosophy and helps starting with good engines as terran. Indeed their ship mostly use only one or two engine so it has to be good.
This differentiation opens some nice game's mechanics such as trying to increase reputation with the faction selling those engines. I've tested the ships with engines of different races, they have some nice boost but not dramatic, so it works well. It is good having, say, an argon ship and trying to increase relationship with split or terrans to mount their engines. There will be a valuable performance boost. Also, this makes engine's research in HQ something worth if you want the best engines.

As last, travel speeds have all been nerfed to suit at best in XRSGE universe (they are still overkill for vanilla universe). Best top travel speeds are in the order of 20.000/30.000 (only with Mk3), which means a cruise speed in travel mode of about 12.000/15.000. This is perfect for the new sectors, not too fast not too slow and also makes the autopilot not going crazy. Always remember, if crossing long distances, that manual use of travel engines is much faster: you can accelerate to max, then cut engines, then when quite close to target (say about 100 km) make a 180* turn and use travel engine again to brake.

As general idea, the real choices are mk1 and mk2, that are decent. Mk3 while cheaper than vanilla are still a premium engine. Player ship and player's top ships will mount them, while others can use mk2 and have good performance. The ranking follows this step too: travel < all-around < fight (the first being cheaper and less powerful, the latter the best and more costly). This makes the range of engines to choose wider. Indeed a travel-engine mk3 is the cheaper next step after mk2 fight-engine.

In general, one will prefer to mount travel engines on trade ships, they are cheaper but have good travel speed. All-around or fight engines are for fighting ships.

There are other small additions, such as the long range scanner mk2 being really better than mk1. Long-range scanners are back to vanilla (except the differentiation) because if you use REM alone in vanilla universe they are overkill. But in XRSGE they have been made longer/faster, as in previous version of REM.

I've also increased AI intelligence but to have the best I strongly suggest using Kuertee's Ai scripts for combat https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/839, they make NPC ships smarter and they need it with REM! :D
And, as usual, the better target monitor that calculates the ETA to target: https://github.com/bvbohnen/x4-projects ... et_monitor

-----------------------------------------------------

XRSGE PATCH 2.5 AVAILABLE
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/507
This update increases all wares and trades in the universe, to cope with the larger universe. This is needed to make the universe more alive given the doubled number of sectors. Report if it makes it too crowdy of ships. I did not double the nr. of ships, increased about +50-70%

I've also added a small patrol (one frigate) in the bordering sectors of each solar system.

You can use whatever other mod that changes trades/jobs, it does not break the mod. Some report that FCOW works well too. Here I set a minimum base for the enlarged universe, any other mod for jobs can work aswell

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 29. Sep 22, 20:31

Found a small issue. Sonra Herron's Nebula Beta. Not a big deal really, but I'll report anyway.
When flying to jumpgate to Morning Star you can see that sun goes behind the planetoid, but it shines through it like the planetoid is transparent.
Also this issue can be seen in vanilla when suns shine through ships.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 29. Sep 22, 20:41

ziplock815 wrote:
Thu, 29. Sep 22, 20:31
Found a small issue. Sonra Herron's Nebula Beta. Not a big deal really, but I'll report anyway.
When flying to jumpgate to Morning Star you can see that sun goes behind the planetoid, but it shines through it like the planetoid is transparent.
Also this issue can be seen in vanilla when suns shine through ships.
Yes it is a known limitation that Ego brings forward since X2 and never changed. Sun's flare always shines though planets, no matter how far you put them. In XRSGE everything in the background is moved far away, skyboxes and flares, but the sun still goes through. While in X2 and X3 sectors were not large enough to go around planets, in X4 we could but..can't. :evil:
These things are very easy to fix so please report any, I simply have to change the scene for that cluster. It is unfortunate that I can't put the sun too deep on the horizon (very nice to see) otherwise if you move some thousand kms it could go behind (and through!)

I've found a way to reactivate autopilot when targeting superhighway's entrance. Unfortunally the autopilot does not move even if I remove those commands that set speed to zero. It remains targeted and engaged but ship does not move. If anybody can help me with the script, it is: aiscripts/move.autopilot.xml. Or if someone has an old version of the game and can look inside that file as it was before the patch that removed this feature

Up to now I've encountered only a couple gate/superhighways not activating if the other sector is not known. Be aware that it is not a big issue, they work normally if you command your pilot to explore the entrance (both gates or superhighways). Another thing that seems to trigger the connection is flying close to the center of the sector. As last (since we don't want to use cheats) I'll add a file that opens the map entirely at game's start, for those who want to use it

About chat range...I correctly changed the params but it does not work, no error in the log. Seems hard-coded at 40km :gruebel:

XRSGE 2.5.2 is available, as full repack
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... it/?id=507

I've made several small bug-fixes and added nuances. Sectors naming has been improved. I am leaning more towards unique names and I take them from real planets and moons as they are called in the vanilla map or from name's pool by ego tradition. I think this make sectors more unique and easy to remember. I am hesitant to remove the system's name as prefix for each sector. It is redundant to be pronounced by betty but useful when you use things such as sector's lists for trade, etc. Sectors of every system are listed together when having the system prefix. If I remove the prefixes, they are not. A third solution would be to remove only the prefixes from betty-computer's voice and leave them as only textual in the map.

As default, the whole map is revealed at start. If you want the map hidden, delete md/known.map.xml file

There are many changes in the holomap, they are customizable. Open libraries/parameters.xml, the strings that can be removed are clearly written in notes.
The most obvious is that system's border has been removed. It was very bad for my taste and serves no pourpose since systems are distant from each other in the map.

Be aware that when continuing with old saves and some gate has been moved, it can happen that f.i. a superhighway's entrance is shown differently than where the real entrance is.
Last edited by Realspace on Fri, 30. Sep 22, 22:27, edited 3 times in total.

Arsaneus
x4

Post by Arsaneus » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 17:14

I do seem have the same issues. I've installed the mods for the first time as they are exactly what I was looking for. A way to play the game at a much slower space while making space feel "big" :) Thanks fore that.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 1. Oct 22, 17:42

Have you downloaded latest version 2.5.2?
I have not such thing (it is in Segaris VII), probably a missing mesh or texture. But I am noticing some random disappearing of planets. For instance in The Void there is a gas giant far behind the moon, in my actual playthrough it did not show but when starting a game in a demo universe with only one sector, everything is in order. And of course meshes are ok in the mod, they are there. So my guess is that the mod introduces so many new clusters and all vanilla meshes + new clusters' meshes are totally new and located in the mod. So maybe sometime the engine does not load them. It happens with planet's textures if you use some cheat mod to jump inside a new cluster, the engine does not load some texture

Arsaneus
x4

Post by Arsaneus » Sat, 1. Oct 22, 17:50

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 1. Oct 22, 17:42
Have you downloaded latest version 2.5.2?
I have not such thing (it is in Segaris VII), probably a missing mesh or texture. But I am noticing some random disappearing of planets. For instance in The Void there is a gas giant far behind the moon, in my actual playthrough it did not show but when starting a game in a demo universe with only one sector, everything is in order. And of course meshes are ok in the mod, they are there. So my guess is that the mod introduces so many new clusters and all vanilla meshes + new clusters' meshes are totally new and located in the mod. So maybe sometime the engine does not load them. It happens with planet's textures if you use some cheat mod to jump inside a new cluster, the engine does not load some texture
No, I've been using 2.4.5 as I did not want the increased ship / ware count the patch brings :) I can try a new game with 2.5.2 to see if it would solve that problem though...
I've noticed in several systems (Though I've so far only explored Argon space)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 1. Oct 22, 18:00

Well you can use new version but replace both god.xml and jobs.xml with the older ones, or better open god.xml and replace only the WARES section with the older one, while for jobs.xml as told use the old one

Arsaneus
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] Galaxy Remake: "STARS" (3.31) - "Engines Mod" (1.8) - "X4RSGE" (2.52)

Post by Arsaneus » Sat, 1. Oct 22, 18:38

Oh that might be a good idea.

I've just tested it with 2.5.2 on my Laptop and I the issue persists, however perhaps a bit less obvious on this machine.
Both use AMD GPUs if that is something that might be a factor? Will test it again with 2.5.2 on my main rig once I'm back home :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”