[MOD] Crew Academies

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Eukatae
x4

Re: [MOD] Crew Academies

Post by Eukatae » Fri, 8. May 20, 03:31

I've been meaning to write this for awhile. I don't know if the skill level check in the mission scripts are working, or maybe they are counting total ranks: You can consign a guy with a cumulative score of 9 but a particular score of 5. Discovered by accident but I took full advantage because 12 rank 9 guys per is brutal. Also the space weed and space fuel requirements made me laugh.

chip56

Post by chip56 » Wed, 20. May 20, 20:48

Two questions:
Currently it only works for new ships. Any plans that replenishing crew also gives you trained crew?
And would it be possible to to give every crew member management skills so that we can use any crew member as trained station member?

Mackan
xr

Post by Mackan » Mon, 28. Dec 20, 20:54

Updated to hopefully be compatible with 4.0. The new version should still be safe for 3.30. Also added Korean translation.

And a bit late, but...
Eukatae wrote:
Fri, 8. May 20, 03:31
I've been meaning to write this for awhile. I don't know if the skill level check in the mission scripts are working, or maybe they are counting total ranks: You can consign a guy with a cumulative score of 9 but a particular score of 5. Discovered by accident but I took full advantage because 12 rank 9 guys per is brutal. Also the space weed and space fuel requirements made me laugh.
Hmm. It's been so long now but fairly certain the skill check behaved correctly last time I worked on this mod. I do however now see a case where the skill requirement might lower by 1 star every time a Split tries to pass the test, regardless if they fail or not. I guess "You want Split?" was a rhetorical question. :lol:
chip56 wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 20:48
Two questions:
Currently it only works for new ships. Any plans that replenishing crew also gives you trained crew?
And would it be possible to to give every crew member management skills so that we can use any crew member as trained station member?
It's probably possible to have it affect added crew when refitting as well, but it's a bit more complicated unless you're ok with old crew also getting the skill increase.

And management should increase with the Teladi academy. :)

sigma1987

Post by sigma1987 » Sun, 14. Nov 21, 23:04

Mackan wrote:
Mon, 28. Dec 20, 20:54

I'm finding the management and piloting skill increases only apply to the captain of ships I'm building from academy-equipped shipyards. Is that intentional or a bug?

(I'm on 4.10)

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 00:08

sigma1987 wrote:
Sun, 14. Nov 21, 23:04
Mackan wrote:
Mon, 28. Dec 20, 20:54

I'm finding the management and piloting skill increases only apply to the captain of ships I'm building from academy-equipped shipyards. Is that intentional or a bug?

(I'm on 4.10)
For me it has always worked as intended in the past, even in 4.1
All crew members would be bumped up to their respective stats depending on which academies I had and the level of research I was at, at least new ones. You may have an an existing personnel who was assigned the slot, I'm not exactly sure how it works under the hood, but I have seen npc crew members pop up in a station after being moved or fired (replaced). I was on said station when it happened.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”