[MOD] Reactive Factions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

user1679

Re: [MOD] Reactive Factions

Post by user1679 » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 04:02

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 06:41
user1679 wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 04:53
I've been using this mod in my new game with Dynamic Wars because I like the idea of additional threat and Rise of the Ossian Raider always kills my performance.
Right now I'm not powerful enough that I actually see any changes from this mod but I am curious about faction relations in general and I didn't see this directly
answered in the thread (though some people mentioned it seems imbalanced).

If, for example ARG and ANT are allies and ARG and TEL are enemies but ANT and TEL are indifferent to each other (not friend/foe based on faction info in encyclopedia), why should I lose rep
with ANT if I trade with TEL. I understand losing it with ARG but it seems like if ARG's ally ANT is indifferent toward TEL on their own, they should also be indifferent with me when I interact with TEL.

It seems like the reputation loss should be reduced based on wether the offended faction is a direct enemy with your trade partner or only an ally of another faction that is a direct enemy. So, for
example, direct enemy = -2 rep, ally of direct enemy = -0.5 rep. This would allow players to remain friendly with more factions for a longer period by playing the "fringes" of diplomacy by supplying
two factions that might be at war with each other based on the status of their allies.
You don't lose rep with a faction that is neutral. This mod doesn't factor in anything other than direct reputation between two factions.
Great, thanks!

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 12:45

Does this mod work when activated mid-game?

I'v enabled it in a fairly advanced game and I got the message that "Factions now see you as their equal", but I did not see any other effects, despite all my activities.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 16:13

AtilaElari wrote:
Wed, 14. Jul 21, 12:45
Does this mod work when activated mid-game?

I'v enabled it in a fairly advanced game and I got the message that "Factions now see you as their equal", but I did not see any other effects, despite all my activities.
Yes, its safe to install/remove mid-game. If you have +30 or other high number close to +30 it will take some time for it to drop for sure.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 20:28

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 14. Jul 21, 16:13
Yes, its safe to install/remove mid-game. If you have +30 or other high number close to +30 it will take some time for it to drop for sure.
I'v been playing for a number of hours and my relations with HoP stay at +27, despite heavy trade with Argon, Antigony and the Godrealm. Same with the Split. Can it conflict with other mods? Although the only mod I can think of is Dynamic Wars, but you said it should be compatible.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”