[MOD] Reactive Factions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

[MOD] Reactive Factions

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 17:57

"Reactive Factions" is a mod that will make factions react to your actions if you are contributing to their enemies (basically, if you gain positive reputation with their enemies) by decreasing reputation with you (basically you get a negative reputation).

NEXUS LINK
STEAM LINK

Amount of negative reputation depends on how much of a power you are in the galaxy, there are few levels, and you will get fluffy notifications and logbook entry (section "tips") when this is updated:

1- Nameless Privateer - you are nobody, no negative rep, you can do whatever you want without any consequences.
2 - Small Organization - you get 25% of positive rep as negative with the enemies (start at approx. 175 mil of your credits+assets cost)
3 - Large Organization - you get 75% of positive rep as negative with the enemies (start at approx. 300mil of your credits+assets cost)
4 - Minor Faction - you get 120% of positive rep as negative with the enemies (start at approx. 700mil of your credits+assets cost)
5 - Major Faction - you get 200% of positive rep as negative with the enemies (start at approx. 1200mil of your credits+assets cost)

Blueprints are not calculated in this as they are not real assets and cant do much on their own for you as faction.

This mod also unlocks SCA rep so it can be changed from -5.

NOTE: player statistics "Net Worth" does not count cost of ship upgrades/components, so it will not correlate to the calculations made in this mod.

Compatibility: This mod is faction-neutral, so any mod that adds factions should work just fine. I excluded from calculations only "evil" or "alien" factions, like Xenon and Khaak. Works fine with Faction Enhancer and Dynamic Relations mods.

Authors: Shuul and DeadAir
Thanks to Egosoft and Modding community for making this mod possible!
Last edited by Shuulo on Wed, 13. May 20, 20:01, edited 9 times in total.

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Reactive Factions

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 17:57

Change log:
1.6:
- increased power levels to 175-350-700-1200 millions
- trader ships cost is now considered to be 50% for power calculation, miners - 35%, auxiliary - 50%
- non-shipyard/warf stations are 25% of their value (vanilla values are too high)
- shipyard/warf stations are 50% of their value (vanilla values are too high)

1.5:
- increased power levels to 125-250-500-1000 millions
- there is now a minimum delay between of 30s between possible reputation hits
- trader ships cost is now considered to be 70% for power calculation, miners - 50%
- better work with factions that are not active in the game (like Court of Curbs)
- some bugfixes

1.4:
- fixed some bugs
- improved assets total value calculation

1.3:
- small org is now 100mil instead of 75mil
- large org i s now 200mil isntead of 150mil
- notifications on status update will now contain info on your assets cost.

1.2 - some updated
1.00 - Initial release
Last edited by Shuulo on Wed, 13. May 20, 20:01, edited 4 times in total.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 20:11

Waited for such a mod! Thx
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 20:46

Do I assume then that the Xenon are no longer the blunt tool that drives economics and combat and that your fellow inhabitants of the X4 universe become the threat as you are to them..... ?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 20:52

birdtable wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 20:46
Do I assume then that the Xenon are no longer the blunt tool that drives economics and combat and that your fellow inhabitants of the X4 universe become the threat as you are to them..... ?
Only if you are doing something good to their enemies, in vanilla everyone is enemy mostly to one faction - HOP.
To make things more dynamic i suggest to use Dynamic Relations mod that is posted in comments on reddit thread

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:07

This is interesting because as I was just playing starsector, I had the idea of bringing some of the Diplomatic events of Starsector to X4. My idea is to have random events that could lower or raise the relations between factions. These events would be sent to the player as news. Things like, there was a prisoner exchange between Argon and Holy Order which raises relations by +2. Or even a cease fire (returning relations to neutral) or War breaks out (lowering relations to enemy)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:12

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:07
This is interesting because as I was just playing starsector, I had the idea of bringing some of the Diplomatic events of Starsector to X4. My idea is to have random events that could lower or raise the relations between factions. These events would be sent to the player as news. Things like, there was a prisoner exchange between Argon and Holy Order which raises relations by +2. Or even a cease fire (returning relations to neutral) or War breaks out (lowering relations to enemy)
Such mod already exist in exactly the same manner you described, see my answer above your post.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:20

Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:12
BlackRain wrote:
Such mod already exist in exactly the same manner you described, see my answer above your post.
I already looked at it, but that is not exactly what I have in mind. You just have it check every 30 minutes and then randomly raise or lower relations.

My idea is to have it check on a much longer scale and have a chance of 1 of many things happen and then send a message to the player about it. These would be events (not real but immersive events).

For example, every several hours when it checks there is a chance of raising, lowering, or nothing happening. It would choose from a variety of things. The player might receive a message in the news like the following "The Argon Government met with a (whatever the title it is) of the Holy order of the Pontifex to discuss the exchange of high profile prisoners. However the talks failed and hostilities have erupted OR Talks were successful and there has been a warming of relations.

Then the relation between these two would lower or raise a few points.

The mod you made doesn't do all of this I think right?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:28

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:20
Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:12
BlackRain wrote:
I already looked at it, but that is not exactly what I have in mind. You just have it check every 30 minutes and then randomly raise or lower relations.

My idea is to have it check on a much longer scale and have a chance of 1 of many things happen and then send a message to the player about it. These would be events (not real but immersive events).

For example, every several hours when it checks there is a chance of raising, lowering, or nothing happening. It would choose from a variety of things. The player might receive a message in the news like the following "The Argon Government met with a (whatever the title it is) of the Holy order of the Pontifex to discuss the exchange of high profile prisoners. However the talks failed and hostilities have erupted OR Talks were successful and there has been a warming of relations.

Then the relation between these two would lower or raise a few points.

The mod you made doesn't do all of this I think right?
Did you check latest versions, I believe it has exactly that - news entries on events that happen that explain why relation changed.
Actually, this DeadAirs mod is just first iteration, as far as I know he was inspired by Nexerelin mod for Starsector when doing it, so he intends to improve it significantly.
I suggest to talk to DeadAir on how he wants it to be developed.
As for my mod, its strictly for reaction from other factions on your actions, I planned to use it alongside DeadAirs mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:33

Ah, I didn't check the latest version. I see. Then he had a similar idea to me lol. I will look into it.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:37

BlackRain wrote:
Nex was my inspiration for dynamic wars. It chooses a type of relation change every 30 minutes (nothing, big boost, small boost, big loss, small loss, instant max, instant max negative) and then decides what factions. It then posts a small news story on what caused the change.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 22:28

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:37
BlackRain wrote:
Nex was my inspiration for dynamic wars. It chooses a type of relation change every 30 minutes (nothing, big boost, small boost, big loss, small loss, instant max, instant max negative) and then decides what factions. It then posts a small news story on what caused the change.
I see, I would probably do it differently. I would do it by chance and lower or higher chances depending on the factions involved. Negative relation changes between argon and antigone for example would be extremely low, whereas between HOP and antigone would be very high, etc. I also wouldn't want it to be as frequent as every 30 minutes. So, we may have some different ideas here on implementation so I may do my own version to include in FOCW along with my corporations (which I am still working out some kinks but close to done)

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 23:05

Woo this bad boy is official much changed since the version 0.5 I had been using ?

Balance wise it was pretty good how did you go with the notification area.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 23:12

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 22:28
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 21:37
BlackRain wrote:
I see, I would probably do it differently. I would do it by chance and lower or higher chances depending on the factions involved. Negative relation changes between argon and antigone for example would be extremely low, whereas between HOP and antigone would be very high, etc. I also wouldn't want it to be as frequent as every 30 minutes. So, we may have some different ideas here on implementation so I may do my own version to include in FOCW along with my corporations (which I am still working out some kinks but close to done)
Unfortunately with how the game is set up for vanilla, having arg and ant go-to war takes a lot more prep work because of ship selection, licences, and balance. I do plan on implementing civil wars but to do it properly, would require my supplement mod since i detached most factions. Right now i have it based on coalitions with equal weighting for other coalitions. The rep changes are weighted toward less drastic changes.

I think the next step I'm taking is incorporating mod factions, then representative conversation to find out how they feel about other factions, then possibly agents to buy rep changes.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 23:30

ledhead900 wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 23:05
Woo this bad boy is official much changed since the version 0.5 I had been using ?

I think he changed notifications over to tips but haven't looked at the code today. It should mostly be the same i believe. I thought shuulo's balancing was very well done so i didn't touch any.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Mon, 17. Feb 20, 02:13

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 23:30
ledhead900 wrote:

I think he changed notifications over to tips but haven't looked at the code today. It should mostly be the same i believe. I thought shuulo's balancing was very well done so i didn't touch any.
The balance is well done that is what I told him too, he asked me if it was too aggressive and I did not think it was, I only commented that the notifications need work with a system like this the log is not ideal but it is better than nothing it was just hard to keep track, more so if you use SETA.

I believe he is making the move to SimpleMenuApi tho it might be a separate addition to the Log since without SimpleMenuAPI the mod will still show the logs but with SimpleMenuAPI it will load the UI Lua edits and I suggested the goal for this be to create a mouse hover pop up in the player rep menu so you can hover over the faction and get a shortlist of enemy or friend a possible what they deem your threat to be as an overall % If he needs a hand with the LUA aspect I am happy to help I am not pro coder but I have used LUA before for several other projects and I can syntax check for him as I already have the LUA API integrated on my system for full error checking and I can even run the code locally and see if it halts anywhere without going in-game.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 18. Feb 20, 10:54

DeadAirRT wrote:
ledhead900 wrote:

I just changed logbook entry to TIPS category and increased time of show_help on screen form 10 to 30 sec so players do not miss that easily.
No other changes so far, but im thinking to refactor code a bit to move excluded factions to one single variable, so it can be updated by third-party mods if they add some "evil" factions and dont want them to be part of that.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Tue, 18. Feb 20, 14:23

Interesting, if there were more sub factions for xen
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 18. Feb 20, 15:00

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 18. Feb 20, 10:54
DeadAirRT wrote:
ledhead900 wrote:

I just changed logbook entry to TIPS category and increased time of show_help on screen form 10 to 30 sec so players do not miss that easily.
No other changes so far, but im thinking to refactor code a bit to move excluded factions to one single variable, so it can be updated by third-party mods if they add some "evil" factions and dont want them to be part of that.
I'm going to work on dynamically grabbing factions in my mod, when i finish, i can just port it over if you'd like.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 16:45

I have a suggestion for this mod that might be part of a solution for a global problem. Many players report that either Xenon are too weak or too strong and either they got destroyed or they destroy the other races.

What if some kind of similar system that this mod offers happens for NPC races as well?

What if the reputation between races change depending on their strength.
Think about it as a threat level. If a race becomes stronger and stronger the other races might think "we must interact or they will overwhelm the whole universe" and lower their reputation to enemy. Also the opposite could happen. For example if a race has only 3 or less sectors left, the enemy races might think "they are no threat anymore. Just let them live in their cave" and they will become neutral to this faction again.

This should only be an option for real races and not Xenon or Khaak and pirates.

For example:

For each sector a race conqueres, the reputation of the neighbouring races will be lowered by -5 or so. For each sector it loses the reputation will be increased by +5.
This will result in a situation, where races that become too strong will automatically have more enemies and weaker races will have good chances to survive because they will get new allies and less enemies. They then only need to deal with Xenons.

Could be a great addition for this mod I think, what do you think?
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”