[MOD] Reactive Factions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

GoldenFail

Re: [MOD] Reactive Factions

Post by GoldenFail » Sun, 3. May 20, 10:46

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 28. Apr 20, 22:35
Change log:
1.5:
- increased power levels to 125-250-500-1000 millions
- there is now a minimum delay between of 30s between possible reputation hits
- trader ships cost is now considered to be 70% for power calculation, miners - 50%
- better work with factions that are not active in the game (like Court of Curbs)
- some bugfixes
I think that the power levels are too low or the way to calculate assets is strange, including blueprints and evaluating stations way above their real value.
https://imgur.com/bTZxz6V
https://imgur.com/aCyXJRi
I tried to keep everything balanced, moving traders and using blacklists. At this moment I have +19 with ARG, +3 with ANT, +1 with MIN and +11 with TEL. With the rest I am at war or near war HOP -22, TEL -18, SCA -21, HAT -15 and so on.
I have 1 S heavy fighter, 1 M Gorgon and that is it. PHQ will be attacked soon by TEL. One day and 18 hours into game. I have build many modules and wasted all my earnings on blueprints and emp-ed some that were above 700.000 credits as a rule.
I like hard, but I think it is too soon to be considered a small faction faction, I am broke, with many miners and trades and not even one sector claimed. Seems strange.

It forces the player to pick TEL and PAR as allies do to HQ location. I will see how this instance is going is if get wrecked I will start a new save and will build only on Neopileos sectors and be best friends with TEL, PAR and SCA.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 3. May 20, 11:38

GoldenFail wrote:
Sun, 3. May 20, 10:46
Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 28. Apr 20, 22:35
Change log:
1.5:
- increased power levels to 125-250-500-1000 millions
- there is now a minimum delay between of 30s between possible reputation hits
- trader ships cost is now considered to be 70% for power calculation, miners - 50%
- better work with factions that are not active in the game (like Court of Curbs)
- some bugfixes
I think that the power levels are too low or the way to calculate assets is strange, including blueprints and evaluating stations way above their real value.
https://imgur.com/bTZxz6V
https://imgur.com/aCyXJRi
I tried to keep everything balanced, moving traders and using blacklists. At this moment I have +19 with ARG, +3 with ANT, +1 with MIN and +11 with TEL. With the rest I am at war or near war HOP -22, TEL -18, SCA -21, HAT -15 and so on.
I have 1 S heavy fighter, 1 M Gorgon and that is it. PHQ will be attacked soon by TEL. One day and 18 hours into game. I have build many modules and wasted all my earnings on blueprints and emp-ed some that were above 700.000 credits as a rule.
I like hard, but I think it is too soon to be considered a small faction faction, I am broke, with many miners and trades and not even one sector claimed. Seems strange.

It forces the player to pick TEL and PAR as allies do to HQ location. I will see how this instance is going is if get wrecked I will start a new save and will build only on Neopileos sectors and be best friends with TEL, PAR and SCA.
Blueprints are not considered. Can you please tell me what stations and what modules they have? Do they all have habitats etc? We know that such things will through it off a bit and plan to use modifiers for some station things.

Edit: Also, make sure that you use the latest version, previous versions had a bug that could duplicate some calculations

GoldenFail

Post by GoldenFail » Sun, 3. May 20, 12:57

I have updated Reactive Faction like 2-3 days ago, 10 hours of game play.

HQ has: 1 production module of every food type and medical supply, 4 L TEL habitation modules, Docks: 1M6S x 1, 8M x 1, 3E pier x 1. ATM builting a claytronics producction line.
Second Contact base has Hull parts x 10pcs, Refined metals x 6, Micorchip x 1, SmartChips x 3, Engine Parts x 1, Scanning Arrays x 1, Enenrgy x 2, Drone Components x 1, Turret Components x 1, AnitiMatter Cells x 1, Waffers x 1, L Argon Hab x 3, 3E pier x 2, 8M Dock x1, 1M6S x 1.
Nopileos Base has 3 defence discs and one 1M6S dock.

With TEL the reputation went from ~+10 to -10 before I could react and sent my only 2 auto traders and my self to hunt for criminals.i`m also running VRO (updated on every game start from GitHub -> stalking "last modified column"), deadair dynamic wars, FE, no highways and some other QoL.

My suggestion, based on this experience, is: 250-500-750 milions for the early stages, to let the player finish all upgrades on HQ or gather the strength to conquer GE1. Maybe using version before 1.5 of RF made me lose. I will try again with a new save, 12 more days of national emergency and I will side with TEL even if I don`t like the greedy lizards or killing humanoids.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 9. May 20, 16:33

Sad, but the game is not designed for this mod. For example. ANT in war with TEL. Oh, it's OK to lose relationship with one argon faction, but when you trade in ARG space ANT start attacking you and if you respond this angers the ARG. Other factions cross-linked the same way. After several hours you found yourself at war with everyone, except maybe 1-2 factions. And at this point amount of micromanagement becomes unmanageable.
Turned it off. But I like the idea.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 10. May 20, 20:17

ScandyNav wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 16:33
Sad, but the game is not designed for this mod. For example. ANT in war with TEL. Oh, it's OK to lose relationship with one argon faction, but when you trade in ARG space ANT start attacking you and if you respond this angers the ARG. Other factions cross-linked the same way. After several hours you found yourself at war with everyone, except maybe 1-2 factions. And at this point amount of micromanagement becomes unmanageable.
Turned it off. But I like the idea.
You can avoid sectors with active ant military. And this how mod works, at the end you will need to choose the sides, and it's exactly 1-2 factions

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 11. May 20, 13:16

Looks like I got into a situation while using this mod. :mrgreen:
Usually in vanilla SCA relations are locked to -5. But now I have -27.
There is a HAT plot mission, where you need to dock to one SCA station. And now I can't do it.
If you know how to change relations with faction, can I ask to make a small script that changes SCA relations to at least -5 or 0 ?
This script may be helpful for others, who got into this too :)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 13. May 20, 20:00

1.6:
- increased power levels to 175-350-700-1200 millions
- trader ships cost is now considered to be 50% for power calculation, miners - 35%, auxiliary - 50%
- non-shipyard/warf stations are 25% of their value (vanilla values are too high)
- shipyard/warf stations are 50% of their value (vanilla values are too high)

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 14. May 20, 11:33

strangely, I just got report that my assets are worth 240m and I am considered nameless privateer.

which is bizzare, because it does not fit either with previous power levels or new ones.
Maybe some glith when mod verions switched?
I also took over sector right before message.

edit:
calculation seems bit off, I have just 2 hull part factories with associated mines plus admin center. Its definitely below 170mln (so 'nameless privateer' is right category, but calculated sum displayed in message seems doubled or even tripled, hard to say)

Also, sector ownership could be taken into account somehow, should be even more important than assets value.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 14. May 20, 15:10

djrygar wrote:
Thu, 14. May 20, 11:33
strangely, I just got report that my assets are worth 240m and I am considered nameless privateer.

which is bizzare, because it does not fit either with previous power levels or new ones.
Maybe some glith when mod verions switched?
I also took over sector right before message.

edit:
calculation seems bit off, I have just 2 hull part factories with associated mines plus admin center. Its definitely below 170mln (so 'nameless privateer' is right category, but calculated sum displayed in message seems doubled or even tripled, hard to say)

Also, sector ownership could be taken into account somehow, should be even more important than assets value.
Station modules tend to have up to 10x the value associated with them compared to what it takes to make them. It's quite difficult to get the modifiers just right

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 14. May 20, 15:40

djrygar wrote:
Thu, 14. May 20, 11:33
edit:
That is weird, works for me, will try to load other saves to check

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 14. May 20, 16:14

I will see after next threshold, maybe it was one time glith.

still, maybe owning a sector should be taken into account? Nameless privater with his own sector sounds weird ;>

maybe treat it as 'asset' and put some value on it, like 100mln, so it will exceed power threshold?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 14. May 20, 17:18

djrygar wrote:
Thu, 14. May 20, 16:14
I will see after next threshold, maybe it was one time glith.

still, maybe owning a sector should be taken into account? Nameless privater with his own sector sounds weird ;>

maybe treat it as 'asset' and put some value on it, like 100mln, so it will exceed power threshold?
Having a sector does not really gives player any power and sector can be claimed very early in the game so it may cause rapid drop in relations without player having any sufficient infrastructure or real power

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 12:17

minor update:
improved texts
added Japanese translation

user1679

Post by user1679 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 04:53

I've been using this mod in my new game with Dynamic Wars because I like the idea of additional threat and Rise of the Ossian Raider always kills my performance.
Right now I'm not powerful enough that I actually see any changes from this mod but I am curious about faction relations in general and I didn't see this directly
answered in the thread (though some people mentioned it seems imbalanced).

If, for example ARG and ANT are allies and ARG and TEL are enemies but ANT and TEL are indifferent to each other (not friend/foe based on faction info in encyclopedia), why should I lose rep
with ANT if I trade with TEL. I understand losing it with ARG but it seems like if ARG's ally ANT is indifferent toward TEL on their own, they should also be indifferent with me when I interact with TEL.

It seems like the reputation loss should be reduced based on wether the offended faction is a direct enemy with your trade partner or only an ally of another faction that is a direct enemy. So, for
example, direct enemy = -2 rep, ally of direct enemy = -0.5 rep. This would allow players to remain friendly with more factions for a longer period by playing the "fringes" of diplomacy by supplying
two factions that might be at war with each other based on the status of their allies.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 06:41

user1679 wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 04:53
I've been using this mod in my new game with Dynamic Wars because I like the idea of additional threat and Rise of the Ossian Raider always kills my performance.
Right now I'm not powerful enough that I actually see any changes from this mod but I am curious about faction relations in general and I didn't see this directly

If, for example ARG and ANT are allies and ARG and TEL are enemies but ANT and TEL are indifferent to each other (not friend/foe based on faction info in encyclopedia), why should I lose rep
with ANT if I trade with TEL. I understand losing it with ARG but it seems like if ARG's ally ANT is indifferent toward TEL on their own, they should also be indifferent with me when I interact with TEL.

It seems like the reputation loss should be reduced based on wether the offended faction is a direct enemy with your trade partner or only an ally of another faction that is a direct enemy. So, for
example, direct enemy = -2 rep, ally of direct enemy = -0.5 rep. This would allow players to remain friendly with more factions for a longer period by playing the "fringes" of diplomacy by supplying
two factions that might be at war with each other based on the status of their allies.
You don't lose rep with a faction that is neutral. This mod doesn't factor in anything other than direct reputation between two factions.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 04:02

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 06:41
user1679 wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 04:53

You don't lose rep with a faction that is neutral. This mod doesn't factor in anything other than direct reputation between two factions.
Great, thanks!

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 12:45

Does this mod work when activated mid-game?

I'v enabled it in a fairly advanced game and I got the message that "Factions now see you as their equal", but I did not see any other effects, despite all my activities.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 16:13

AtilaElari wrote:
Wed, 14. Jul 21, 12:45
Does this mod work when activated mid-game?

I'v enabled it in a fairly advanced game and I got the message that "Factions now see you as their equal", but I did not see any other effects, despite all my activities.
Yes, its safe to install/remove mid-game. If you have +30 or other high number close to +30 it will take some time for it to drop for sure.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 20:28

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 14. Jul 21, 16:13
Yes, its safe to install/remove mid-game. If you have +30 or other high number close to +30 it will take some time for it to drop for sure.
I'v been playing for a number of hours and my relations with HoP stay at +27, despite heavy trade with Argon, Antigony and the Godrealm. Same with the Split. Can it conflict with other mods? Although the only mod I can think of is Dynamic Wars, but you said it should be compatible.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”