[MOD] Reactive Factions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Reactive Factions

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 17:59

The secret to success if you are using both this and dynamic war mod is to stay and support one selected faction, dynamic war also allows you to negotiation and pay money for factions to resolve their wars, so if you are reach you can actually make some of factions that you want to not fight that often

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 19:31

Kane Hart wrote:
Sat, 11. Apr 20, 11:53
Kind of debating on this and more on the war one. I love the concepts a lot. I feel like this one would punish the player a lot where the other one be more up and down. That being said I have a bad habbit of being friendly with factions from time to time and I kind of want to avoid that. For example Split hate Argon. I want to stay and be that way though I might slip up and do bad haha. I guess I need more self control.

But now the Dynamic War one sounds cool but maybe a bit too dynamic I saw it has a 5% chance to drastically do a 360 change. The good news there if I don't use this mod and my traders and miners keep dong what their doing it will not impact too much. But if I mix both mods then all hell can break lose too haha.

It's such a hard choice both of the mods have me excited but also a bit worried. I don't plan on doing massive overhaul or changes in this play through either though I find these to be minor but really unique concepts.

In a lot of ways I wish My starting Faction I pick would be a bit more at war with another faction that we both can sort of team up and conquer the universe rather then all the sudden me killing my starting factions allies.

Sorry I'm lost I guess I wanted to share my tired brain :) 6am lol
You could always edit the weight portion on dynamic for besties and nemesis to 0 to stop them from happening

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 01:12

1.4 released:
- fixed some bugs
- improved assets total value calculation

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 08:26

Is this save to install mid-game or does it require a new game to be started? How about uninstalling mid-game? :)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 19:18

Phiolin wrote:
Sat, 18. Apr 20, 08:26
Is this save to install mid-game or does it require a new game to be started? How about uninstalling mid-game? :)
you can add or remove mid game

note that if you remove, it will stay at the current relations and will not revert changes that occured

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 20:01

Ok, thanks.
I guess that's not a huge issue here as you'd just have to work your way up again through the ranks. :)

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 04:59

Question: Does this mod make it so Scale Plate reputation can change? Or is that some other mod that's doing that?

At the moment, Scale Plate has ways to lose reputation but as far as I can tell you can't ever gain it back, so the HAT plot can become impossible to finish.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 06:30

MutantDwarf wrote:
Sun, 19. Apr 20, 04:59
Question: Does this mod make it so Scale Plate reputation can change? Or is that some other mod that's doing that?

At the moment, Scale Plate has ways to lose reputation but as far as I can tell you can't ever gain it back, so the HAT plot can become impossible to finish.
This unlocks it. You can kill xenon for example near sca stuff to get reputation back.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 11:25

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 19. Apr 20, 06:30
MutantDwarf wrote:

This unlocks it. You can kill xenon for example near sca stuff to get reputation back.
Ah, yep - see that in the description now. Looked through it and just completely missed it.

Still, I tried killing Xenon around SCA stations - and nothing. There's no increase in faction standing. Same with doing missions.

Maybe I just didn't do *enough* killing/missions - I was down around -18 and only ever saw negative movement (and this without ever actually interacting with the SCA prior to my attempt to bring my rep higher so I could do the HAT plot). Maybe the problem was all my trade transactions with non-SCA groups were countering my attempts to build positive reputation with the SCA.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 15:23

MutantDwarf wrote:
Sun, 19. Apr 20, 11:25
DeadAirRT wrote:
MutantDwarf wrote:

Ah, yep - see that in the description now. Looked through it and just completely missed it.

Still, I tried killing Xenon around SCA stations - and nothing. There's no increase in faction standing. Same with doing missions.

Maybe I just didn't do *enough* killing/missions - I was down around -18 and only ever saw negative movement (and this without ever actually interacting with the SCA prior to my attempt to bring my rep higher so I could do the HAT plot). Maybe the problem was all my trade transactions with non-SCA groups were countering my attempts to build positive reputation with the SCA.
Hmmm are you running dynamic also? Or a custom game start that has sca relations lower than usual with other ai factions? This mod won't cause you to go further negative than the AI factions are between eachother. Iirc sca is usually only negative five.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 15:43

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 19. Apr 20, 15:23
MutantDwarf wrote:
DeadAirRT wrote:

Hmmm are you running dynamic also? Or a custom game start that has sca relations lower than usual with other ai factions? This mod won't cause you to go further negative than the AI factions are between eachother. Iirc sca is usually only negative five.
Nope. Not running dynamic factions/wars. Faction Enhancer, VRO, Reactive Factions, a number of others - but nothing that I know of should be impacting faction relations.

EDIT: Also, after using a cheat mod to 'fix' my relations with SCA back to 0, I'm down to -16 a few hours later. I engaged them in minor combat due to the HAT plot, but otherwise have ignored them.

You sure this mod only lowers rep down to the faction relationships? Or maybe HAT has a -30 relationship with SCA in the DLC?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 19. Apr 20, 16:58

MutantDwarf wrote:
Sun, 19. Apr 20, 15:43
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 19. Apr 20, 15:23
MutantDwarf wrote:

Nope. Not running dynamic factions/wars. Faction Enhancer, VRO, Reactive Factions, a number of others - but nothing that I know of should be impacting faction relations.

EDIT: Also, after using a cheat mod to 'fix' my relations with SCA back to 0, I'm down to -16 a few hours later. I engaged them in minor combat due to the HAT plot, but otherwise have ignored them.

You sure this mod only lowers rep down to the faction relationships? Or maybe HAT has a -30 relationship with SCA in the DLC?
In vanilla it seems more factions have -25 relations than I thought with SCA.

GoldenFail

Post by GoldenFail » Sat, 25. Apr 20, 15:39

Hello! This is my my first post :)

Can I run "Reactive Faction" with "Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.7" and it`s modules?
I want to start this game again, but this time with mods (vro, no highways, fire and smoke, better scan colors, getting paid, signal leak hunter, legacy music). Reactive faction sounds good and i want to add it before I start a clean new save).

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 25. Apr 20, 16:38

GoldenFail wrote:
Sat, 25. Apr 20, 15:39
Hello! This is my my first post :)

Can I run "Reactive Faction" with "Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.7" and it`s modules?
I want to start this game again, but this time with mods (vro, no highways, fire and smoke, better scan colors, getting paid, signal leak hunter, legacy music). Reactive faction sounds good and i want to add it before I start a clean new save).
Yes, all of those mods are compatible

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 28. Apr 20, 22:35

Change log:
1.5:
- increased power levels to 125-250-500-1000 millions
- there is now a minimum delay between of 30s between possible reputation hits
- trader ships cost is now considered to be 70% for power calculation, miners - 50%
- better work with factions that are not active in the game (like Court of Curbs)
- some bugfixes

GoldenFail

Post by GoldenFail » Sun, 3. May 20, 10:46

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 28. Apr 20, 22:35
Change log:
1.5:
- trader ships cost is now considered to be 70% for power calculation, miners - 50%
- better work with factions that are not active in the game (like Court of Curbs)
- some bugfixes
I think that the power levels are too low or the way to calculate assets is strange, including blueprints and evaluating stations way above their real value.
https://imgur.com/bTZxz6V
https://imgur.com/aCyXJRi
I tried to keep everything balanced, moving traders and using blacklists. At this moment I have +19 with ARG, +3 with ANT, +1 with MIN and +11 with TEL. With the rest I am at war or near war HOP -22, TEL -18, SCA -21, HAT -15 and so on.
I have 1 S heavy fighter, 1 M Gorgon and that is it. PHQ will be attacked soon by TEL. One day and 18 hours into game. I have build many modules and wasted all my earnings on blueprints and emp-ed some that were above 700.000 credits as a rule.
I like hard, but I think it is too soon to be considered a small faction faction, I am broke, with many miners and trades and not even one sector claimed. Seems strange.

It forces the player to pick TEL and PAR as allies do to HQ location. I will see how this instance is going is if get wrecked I will start a new save and will build only on Neopileos sectors and be best friends with TEL, PAR and SCA.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 3. May 20, 11:38

GoldenFail wrote:
Sun, 3. May 20, 10:46
Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 28. Apr 20, 22:35
Change log:
1.5:
- some bugfixes
I think that the power levels are too low or the way to calculate assets is strange, including blueprints and evaluating stations way above their real value.
https://imgur.com/bTZxz6V
https://imgur.com/aCyXJRi
I tried to keep everything balanced, moving traders and using blacklists. At this moment I have +19 with ARG, +3 with ANT, +1 with MIN and +11 with TEL. With the rest I am at war or near war HOP -22, TEL -18, SCA -21, HAT -15 and so on.
I have 1 S heavy fighter, 1 M Gorgon and that is it. PHQ will be attacked soon by TEL. One day and 18 hours into game. I have build many modules and wasted all my earnings on blueprints and emp-ed some that were above 700.000 credits as a rule.
I like hard, but I think it is too soon to be considered a small faction faction, I am broke, with many miners and trades and not even one sector claimed. Seems strange.

It forces the player to pick TEL and PAR as allies do to HQ location. I will see how this instance is going is if get wrecked I will start a new save and will build only on Neopileos sectors and be best friends with TEL, PAR and SCA.
Blueprints are not considered. Can you please tell me what stations and what modules they have? Do they all have habitats etc? We know that such things will through it off a bit and plan to use modifiers for some station things.

Edit: Also, make sure that you use the latest version, previous versions had a bug that could duplicate some calculations

GoldenFail

Post by GoldenFail » Sun, 3. May 20, 12:57

I have updated Reactive Faction like 2-3 days ago, 10 hours of game play.

HQ has: 1 production module of every food type and medical supply, 4 L TEL habitation modules, Docks: 1M6S x 1, 8M x 1, 3E pier x 1. ATM builting a claytronics producction line.
Second Contact base has Hull parts x 10pcs, Refined metals x 6, Micorchip x 1, SmartChips x 3, Engine Parts x 1, Scanning Arrays x 1, Enenrgy x 2, Drone Components x 1, Turret Components x 1, AnitiMatter Cells x 1, Waffers x 1, L Argon Hab x 3, 3E pier x 2, 8M Dock x1, 1M6S x 1.
Nopileos Base has 3 defence discs and one 1M6S dock.

With TEL the reputation went from ~+10 to -10 before I could react and sent my only 2 auto traders and my self to hunt for criminals.i`m also running VRO (updated on every game start from GitHub -> stalking "last modified column"), deadair dynamic wars, FE, no highways and some other QoL.

My suggestion, based on this experience, is: 250-500-750 milions for the early stages, to let the player finish all upgrades on HQ or gather the strength to conquer GE1. Maybe using version before 1.5 of RF made me lose. I will try again with a new save, 12 more days of national emergency and I will side with TEL even if I don`t like the greedy lizards or killing humanoids.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 9. May 20, 16:33

Sad, but the game is not designed for this mod. For example. ANT in war with TEL. Oh, it's OK to lose relationship with one argon faction, but when you trade in ARG space ANT start attacking you and if you respond this angers the ARG. Other factions cross-linked the same way. After several hours you found yourself at war with everyone, except maybe 1-2 factions. And at this point amount of micromanagement becomes unmanageable.
Turned it off. But I like the idea.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 10. May 20, 20:17

ScandyNav wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 16:33
Sad, but the game is not designed for this mod. For example. ANT in war with TEL. Oh, it's OK to lose relationship with one argon faction, but when you trade in ARG space ANT start attacking you and if you respond this angers the ARG. Other factions cross-linked the same way. After several hours you found yourself at war with everyone, except maybe 1-2 factions. And at this point amount of micromanagement becomes unmanageable.
Turned it off. But I like the idea.
You can avoid sectors with active ant military. And this how mod works, at the end you will need to choose the sides, and it's exactly 1-2 factions

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”