[WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 2.6

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 16:30

FOCW Corporations Version 2.7

1) Lowered the thresholds for the amount of stations built by my corplogic script.

Some tips and observations. I have been testing version 2.6 for about 18 hours of in game time so far. I felt a little too many stations were being ordered so I lowered the thresholds, but it isn't too bad. I have found no major bugs and the game is running pretty smoothly for me even with my FOCW mod on all high settings. Your performance might vary depending on what mods you have, etc. However, it is running well for me. State of the economy, things are humming along but there are some differences you will notice between this mod loaded and plain vanilla. Profit margins will be lower in this mod because goods are constantly in demand. However, you will make just as much money overall or even more if you are really good at picking and choosing deals or looking for the best deals. The reason is, you will always be able to find trades. In my opinion, with this mod and FOCW loaded, the trading aspect of the game is even better. Also, there is a lot more action going on and ways to profit. I would advise helping stations get built by having a few traders focus on supplying stations under construction, especially stations that produce Hull parts, claytronics, and other important goods for ship production like advanced electronics. If you can get a hull parts factory going or an advanced electronics factory going, you will make a lot of profits. I would also say claytronics but that is much harder to get started due to high costs. Refined metals and silicon wafers are also good business. Mining is an excellent way to profit as well. Having several free miners going about will make you good profits. So far, I would say the experience is pretty good and just needs tweaking to make sure that the right amount of stations are built etc.

I lowered the thresholds so you may see a good amount of stations being built within the first 24 hours, but it should taper off after that. So to summarize, I am finding the trade aspect of the game much more satisfying and interesting and I have to make more focused decisions about trade. With FOCW also, the combat aspect of the game is much more interesting. The immersion is definitely ramped up. First, seeing all the different corporations is cool, plus they get into conflicts with each other and you get to see it all happening unexpectedly. There is a lot more activity going on, especially in busy sectors. Busy sectors actually look super busy and interesting with many ships going through so for pirate players, this is an opportunity. There are many other cool sandbox options, supporting a particular corporation or seeing the corporations grow and trying to manipulate the markets this way. Also, you have to explore a bit more and focus on setting up satellite networks to see everything that is going on.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 2.7

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 18:35

what is the compatibility with faction enhancer? you dont play with that mod? maybe a patch bc that is a popular mod and this one looks so cool :D
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 18:40

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 20. Jul 20, 18:35
what is the compatibility with faction enhancer? you dont play with that mod? maybe a patch bc that is a popular mod and this one looks so cool :D
I do not play with faction enhancer. Also, the mods are compatible except for that faction enhancer also has a script which builds stations and they would be built for government factions and not the corporations. I could just edit that out probably but maybe after i am done testing a lot. I am still balancing this mod and changing things. Trying to make sure not too many stations are built, etc.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 21:17

FOCW Corporations Version 2.8

1) Removed the part of the vanilla script that builds stations for now, it didn't seem to ever stop. Also balanced my script which builds stations a bit, lowered the thresholds.
2) Some other minor changes.

no need for restart or anything.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 2.8

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 03:28

FOCW Corporations 2.9

1) Many balance changes. Corporations take much longer to order squadrons and fleets now. Longer periods of peace and war between Corporations. Now just using the vanilla create factory script (factories will belong to corporations though). This should result in less factories being made over all. Doing it this way because I think the vanilla script and my script were clashing or perhaps because my script added many new stations, the vanilla script was trying to compensate. Going to try it this way for now, seems to be balanced but needs observation.

2) Compatibility for Faction enhanced mod (hopefully it works lol). Stations built through that mod should now belong to the right corporation.

Will not try a VRO playthrough with FOCW, FOCW Corporations and Faction enhance mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 2.9

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 16:36

I put the wrong folder name for the faction enhance compatibility file.

I will upload a new download now.

Okay, download the mod again, delete the following folder if it is there, in the mod folder, extensions, find the folder faction_fix_pack_econ_bal and delete it. I put the wrong name in and there should now be a folder faction_fix_pack there

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 18:23

Hello BlackRain, earlier you said "Will not try a VRO playthrough with FOCW, FOCW Corporations and Faction enhance mod."
What do you mean by this, that you will not test a playthrough with that combination, or that we should not combine all these mods, because I play with that exact mod combination.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 19:11

vro should have no conflicts and maybe a minimal influence to economy, FE has been made compatible, the author just doesn't play vro afaik
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 19:13

DeathBreath wrote:
Tue, 21. Jul 20, 18:23
Hello BlackRain, earlier you said "Will not try a VRO playthrough with FOCW, FOCW Corporations and Faction enhance mod."
What do you mean by this, that you will not test a playthrough with that combination, or that we should not combine all these mods, because I play with that exact mod combination.
That was a typo. I was saying I will NOW play VRO with faction wars/enhance to test it all out. I am right now playing with VRO and Faction mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 22. Jul 20, 00:30

Just a report, as of the latest version, everything seems to be working well and is pretty solid. The mod also works very well with both VRO and Faction war/enhance mod. Let me know if any problems crop up or just share feedback/observations/stories thanks

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 22. Jul 20, 19:04

FOCW Corporations V 3.0

1) I edited out the faction_subgoal_buildfactory script which is included in faction fix pack. That just means that Faction fix won't build stations anymore. All stations built by factionlogic_economy

2) Set an extra check in factionlogic_economy so that no more than 850 total production stations will be built in the universe. I am doing this to check performance. Please let me know how the game runs over an extended period of time (Right now in my universe, there are 884 factories and it runs mostly well but extremely busy sectors there is some frame drop).

A lot of factories are being ordered but it may take a significant time to build them and also it may be difficult to get claytronics and hull parts. This is in a game which has VRO, Faction fix/war/enhance, FOCW and FOCW corporations. So in my game, lots of ships and stations are being built. I am still able to procure hull parts and claytronics but the prices are always extremely high and sometimes I have to wait and get the goods quickly. This is in a game which is less than 24 hours in length though. In the long term (48 to 72 hours) I expect the economy to improve as more stations are completed that produce hull parts and claytronics but this is something which needs testing/observation.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.0

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 01:52

FOCW Corporations 3.1

1) Balance changes and some minor fixes here and there.

2) If you are using faction war/enhance, I would recommend not using the economy AI module of it. It will conflict with some of my changes and you will get factories built by government factions. Otherwise, everything else should be fine.

I recommend a new game start unfortunately. This will ensure everything is working properly. You could continue your current game, but not sure if there were stations built by government factions or too many stations built, etc.

DeathBreath

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.1

Post by DeathBreath » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 13:43

Hello BlackRain, for some reason in my game the stations that are build are still belong to the default factions, and not to the corporations. I have 54 mods in my game, but the only one that deals with station building is this mod that i have. I deleted the Econ AI part of factions enhanced mods, renamed your mod to Zcorporations so that it loads last in the mod order, had to delete your FOCW mod because my game lagged with it, and I still have this problem. Do you have any clues why it happens, and do you need anything from me to check what's going on?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 15:20

DeathBreath wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 13:43
Hello BlackRain, for some reason in my game the stations that are build are still belong to the default factions, and not to the corporations. I have 54 mods in my game, but the only one that deals with station building is this mod that i have. I deleted the Econ AI part of factions enhanced mods, renamed your mod to Zcorporations so that it loads last in the mod order, had to delete your FOCW mod because my game lagged with it, and I still have this problem. Do you have any clues why it happens, and do you need anything from me to check what's going on?
Did you start a new game with version 3.1 of the mod? Also, please list your mods, thanks.

By the way, known issue. I don't know if the stations will be upgraded or not. Been looking into it, but haven't seen it happen. I made some changes to the factionlogic_economy script but not sure if it actually works or not.

TheMandalorian
x4

Post by TheMandalorian » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 16:45

Awesome mod which I tried for some time now.
My concern however is that the economy in X4 with its three tiers is too slow to support fast growing corps of your mod.

The consequence is that claytronics and hull parts are short for a very long time in games with this mod.

I fear that this can only be solved if the economic system of X4 is changed fundamentally, e.g. by deleting tier 3-4 wares from the economy ( so ships are built using refined metals and gases instead of hullparts etc) or increasing production rates and transport speed.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to seeing your mod prosper....and am hoping that it evolves to something like a private sector. ;-)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 18:11

TheMandalorian wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 16:45
Awesome mod which I tried for some time now.
My concern however is that the economy in X4 with its three tiers is too slow to support fast growing corps of your mod.

The consequence is that claytronics and hull parts are short for a very long time in games with this mod.

I fear that this can only be solved if the economic system of X4 is changed fundamentally, e.g. by deleting tier 3-4 wares from the economy ( so ships are built using refined metals and gases instead of hullparts etc) or increasing production rates and transport speed.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to seeing your mod prosper....and am hoping that it evolves to something like a private sector. ;-)
Hey, well, I have already changed it quite a bit with version 3.1. There should not be a serious issue of lacking claytronics and hull parts like in previous versions. This version should be much better, but it would require a new start. Stations will be built at a much slower pace over a longer period of time. I am testing it out now and it is running fine and that is with my FOCW mod added on. Previously, I had messed something up with the factionlogic_economy script and it was constantly detecting shortages and just building tons of stations. It isn't doing that now, but at the same time I am not sure if it is ever detecting shortages anymore lol. I have my own script which builds stations though so it is fine. I am still testing, but so far the factionlogic_economy script doesn't seem to be upgrading any of the stations (probably because it doesn't detect shortages or I just messed something up). I don't mind so much though, as long as the economy is fine which so far it is in my latest game of almost 6 hours. Testing is such a pain heh

TheMandalorian
x4

Post by TheMandalorian » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 21:35

I understand your point: stations are now being built less frequent to prevent resource shortages.
But doesn’t this make your mod less impactful because power of corporations will change only very slowly, maybe by 2 stations per 10 h ingame time?
Instead, wouldn’t it be just awesome to see Corps rise and then fall maybe within 20 ingame hours?

....Maybe I am just a little confused by what can/cannot be achieved with mods in the frame established by the game‘s economy simulation.

As sidenote I know of a mod which changes the economy to only refined wares (refined metals, gases) and adjusts production times. 6 hours ingame time made Argon attack Teladi home world - was quite impressive to see that happen so quickly.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 22:40

TheMandalorian wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 21:35
I understand your point: stations are now being built less frequent to prevent resource shortages.
But doesn’t this make your mod less impactful because power of corporations will change only very slowly, maybe by 2 stations per 10 h ingame time?
Instead, wouldn’t it be just awesome to see Corps rise and then fall maybe within 20 ingame hours?

....Maybe I am just a little confused by what can/cannot be achieved with mods in the frame established by the game‘s economy simulation.

As sidenote I know of a mod which changes the economy to only refined wares (refined metals, gases) and adjusts production times. 6 hours ingame time made Argon attack Teladi home world - was quite impressive to see that happen so quickly.
I think your idea and my idea of the timescale of this game are very different heh. I measure the game in days, not in hours. Think about yourself, how many game days does it take to develop a solid foundation? It should take a few days to really develop. Over those days, the corps will grow or fall in power but if you get involved it might happen sooner. Either way, they are still fighting and ordering ships/trading. It wasn’t really meant to be something that happens quickly, plus i have to keep in mind the economy always. The game falls apart too easily if you aren’t careful, unless you are willing to do some significant coding/changes to the game.

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 10:18

Hello again BlackRain, yes I started a new game with version 3.1 so I do have the latest version, and here is my mod list: https://imgur.com/a/rKDkzBv

I hope it makes some sense to you.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 14:46

DeathBreath wrote:
Sun, 26. Jul 20, 10:18
Hello again BlackRain, yes I started a new game with version 3.1 so I do have the latest version, and here is my mod list: https://imgur.com/a/rKDkzBv

I hope it makes some sense to you.
There is one strange thing I noticed. In your list, my mod is just called Corporations. However, it should be named FOCW Corporations. Try deleting the entire folder and re-downloading the mod. It seems you might have had the original version of COrporations and then downloded newer versions without deleting the old folders? Not sure. This would require a new game start if true though.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”