[WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AtilaElari

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.1

Post by AtilaElari » Fri, 7. Aug 20, 12:05

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 03:11
Waterpls wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 01:55
I have read the first post two times. I still do not understand what this mod for. What is the difference between your corporations and base game factions (HOP, ANT, etc)? Is it compatible with story missions / plots? What about performance / PC load compared to vanilla?
I should put a better explanation i guess. This mod adds Corporations to the game. The main factions are still in the game, but now most economic activities are handled by the corporations. All factories and most trade/mining ships are owned by the corporations. These corporations have their own mercenary fleets (will order more, etc.) and they will fight each other or you the player. You can trade with them, fight them, help them grow and prosper, etc. up to you. The more stations a corporation has, the stronger it will be (more mercenary and trade ships). Or you can try to destroy them or try to corner a market, etc. Performance is entirely dependent on your pc. I run quite a bit of intensive mods and it runs fine for me, but no guarantee how it will run for you. Depends on what mods you are using. If you are not using any intensive mods, there should be little impact on pc. It adds more ships and stations.
You say that Corporations should own most of the stations? Huh. In my game they are still mostly under control of normal factions. Can it be due to a mod conflict? DeadAir Gates mod, perhaps, as it changes the universe generation?

Edit: Yes, that is indeed the case. This mod is not compatible with Gate Overhaul. And other mods that affect universe generation, I presume.

rawardy
x3ap

Post by rawardy » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 13:08

AtilaElari wrote:
Fri, 7. Aug 20, 12:05
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 03:11
Waterpls wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 01:55
I have read the first post two times. I still do not understand what this mod for. What is the difference between your corporations and base game factions (HOP, ANT, etc)? Is it compatible with story missions / plots? What about performance / PC load compared to vanilla?
I should put a better explanation i guess. This mod adds Corporations to the game. The main factions are still in the game, but now most economic activities are handled by the corporations. All factories and most trade/mining ships are owned by the corporations. These corporations have their own mercenary fleets (will order more, etc.) and they will fight each other or you the player. You can trade with them, fight them, help them grow and prosper, etc. up to you. The more stations a corporation has, the stronger it will be (more mercenary and trade ships). Or you can try to destroy them or try to corner a market, etc. Performance is entirely dependent on your pc. I run quite a bit of intensive mods and it runs fine for me, but no guarantee how it will run for you. Depends on what mods you are using. If you are not using any intensive mods, there should be little impact on pc. It adds more ships and stations.
You say that Corporations should own most of the stations? Huh. In my game they are still mostly under control of normal factions. Can it be due to a mod conflict? DeadAir Gates mod, perhaps, as it changes the universe generation?

Edit: Yes, that is indeed the case. This mod is not compatible with Gate Overhaul. And other mods that affect universe generation, I presume.
I noticed this too on my game, came here and saw this post. On a hunch, I added the following lines to the content.xml, started a new game and the corp owned stations have spawned in. DA Gate and ROR appear to be working...

<dependency id="ws_2082610651" optional="true" name="DeadAir Gate Overhaul"/>
<dependency id="ws_1705279348" optional="true" name="Rise of the Ossian Raider"/>
<dependency id="DeadAirGateOverhaulVROPatch" optional="true" version="100" />
<dependency id="deadairgateoverhaulror" optional="true" version="071" />

Seems you have to force this mod to be an (optional) dependency of Uni Gen mods, so it loads last. (At least I think that's how it works..)

Note that I have not tested this properly. I hope the mod works as intended now the corp ships and stations can load in properly on a new game. I'lll start a new game and report back.

Edit: Yes it seems that you have to make any mod that changes universe generation a dependency in this mod's config file to get Corp owned stations to spawn. Using ROR and DAGate before adding the above lines stopped any corp owned stations existing in my game. Maybe not all of these mods need to be added from my particular mod setup, (maybe it's just DAGate conflicting for example), but I don't think it hurts to add them all.

After a few hours game time it appears all economic stations and most eco and some military ships are corp controlled and new stations are being built. I should add that I have never run this mod without these other mods so I am not a good authority on whether the mod is fully functioning as intended.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 18:08

FOCW Corporations Version 3.2

1) I made balance changes to the amount of ships which will be constructed by the Corporations
2) I made balance changes to the amount of stations which will be constructed by the Corporations

Some tips:

1) Plan for the long game. If you are starting a new game or had started a new game with corporations active, you need to consider that there may be shortages in the future of all goods related to station and ship construction. So, make sure to plan ahead for this. Make sure to aid in getting corporation stations build (especially ones related to station and ship construction). Also, make sure to start the foundation early for building your own stations that will be able to supply factory and ship construction.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.2

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 21:44

@BlackRain

I know this is probably a question that is hard to answer, but do you foresee changes to your mod that would require a restart in the next few months? I'm planning a new game and I'd really like to use your mod(s), but I don't want to restart once I've begun a new game. Especially if this mod is slower/longer (which I really like).
Iucundi acti labores

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 23:07

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Sun, 16. Aug 20, 21:44
@BlackRain

I know this is probably a question that is hard to answer, but do you foresee changes to your mod that would require a restart in the next few months? I'm planning a new game and I'd really like to use your mod(s), but I don't want to restart once I've begun a new game. Especially if this mod is slower/longer (which I really like).
I will not be updating for the foreseeable future unless there is a major issue. I don’t think there will be and the mod can be mostly considered complete.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 17. Aug 20, 04:47

If you already downloaded 3.2, please redownload. The relations for xenon wasn't updated so that they would be enemies with Corporations. I fixed it. No need for restart or anything, just pop it in and play

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 20:31

All of a sudden had Argon become enemies with Magnite Corporation, resulting in the Federation blowing up half of its heavy industry.
Peculiar.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 20:36

AtilaElari wrote:
Tue, 18. Aug 20, 20:31
All of a sudden had Argon become enemies with Magnite Corporation, resulting in the Federation blowing up half of its heavy industry.
Peculiar.
This could happen if Magnite Corporation is attacking ships of another corporation in Argon space. However, it will reset relations every 10 minutes. This is an unfortunate side effect of having corporations fight because of the police aspect of the game. Ships attacking in a sector where a faction is police causes them to call for help from police, so in your case Argon are the police there so they will become enemies but only for a short time.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 21:37

Version 3.3 FOCW Corporations

1) More balance changes, longer time between ordering ships and stations.
2) Corporation factions will only build in sectors with factions they are friends with (So Argon corporations in Argon space, etc.)
3) Argon and Antigone Corporations won't go to war anymore.

Doesn't require a new start but stations already built/ordered in sectors will remain.

AtilaElari

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.3

Post by AtilaElari » Wed, 19. Aug 20, 08:36

Yay, updates!

Say, would you consider a system of corporations being agressive to player when they become a competitor? With a script lile - /every X minutes count player station production modules in faction sectors/if PlayerModuleCount > 0,5 CorporationModuleCount of faction's corporation/then X chance to worsen relations with corporation/

So if player has a lot of Refined Metals and Hull Parts production in Argon space, Magnite Corp would have a chance to become agressive to player.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 19. Aug 20, 16:09

AtilaElari wrote:
Wed, 19. Aug 20, 08:36
Yay, updates!

Say, would you consider a system of corporations being agressive to player when they become a competitor? With a script lile - /every X minutes count player station production modules in faction sectors/if PlayerModuleCount > 0,5 CorporationModuleCount of faction's corporation/then X chance to worsen relations with corporation/

So if player has a lot of Refined Metals and Hull Parts production in Argon space, Magnite Corp would have a chance to become agressive to player.
I don't know, it is possible but not sure if I will do it or not. You can already become hostile to a corporation if you want. I will think about it but my time for modding is running out.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 13:49

I prefer to be on the defending side... to keep a moral high ground:D It would also add a need to be prepared for the unexpected agression, rather than start a fight after being sure you can win.

But I can see this script being quite a bother, so no pressure.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 21:44

If you start a new game with this, you should see a different experience. Corporations won't just build anywhere (only sectors where they are friends with the government faction). This includes the player. Any corporation you become friends with will build stations in a sector you control. I am considering whether to make some government factions enemies with some corporations or not. Any thoughts on that? Not all Corporations will fight each other by the way. Only some Corporations go to war with some corporations, etc. Argon and Antigone Corporations will never go to war with each other.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 10:40

In what kind of conflict would that result? Just some border raids on neighboring sectors? Or more of a total war? And would it be independent of the diplomatic status with the corps parent faction (i.e. nation)?
Iucundi acti labores

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 11:47

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 20. Aug 20, 21:44
I am considering whether to make some government factions enemies with some corporations or not. Any thoughts on that?
I think that would be a good way to flesh out some factions! Make Split and HoP agressive to Argon corporations, Argon outlawing more shady Teladi corps, and have HoP and Godrealm try to undermine each others' economies by raiding the opponent's corporations. And Teladi workig in an open market and welcoming everyone who pays taxes.

Speaking of taxes, unrelated question - do you think it would be possible, code-wise, to make a script that would take a cut of the profits each time a player withdraws cash from station accounts? To create a profit tax on stations operating in a faction's sector. As of now I see pretty much no point in fighting to take control of a sector, but getting rid of a government tax (and the ability to impose taxes on stations in sector) that would be a rather lucrative investment.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 15:59

AtilaElari wrote:
Fri, 21. Aug 20, 11:47
BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 20. Aug 20, 21:44
I am considering whether to make some government factions enemies with some corporations or not. Any thoughts on that?
I think that would be a good way to flesh out some factions! Make Split and HoP agressive to Argon corporations, Argon outlawing more shady Teladi corps, and have HoP and Godrealm try to undermine each others' economies by raiding the opponent's corporations. And Teladi workig in an open market and welcoming everyone who pays taxes.

Speaking of taxes, unrelated question - do you think it would be possible, code-wise, to make a script that would take a cut of the profits each time a player withdraws cash from station accounts? To create a profit tax on stations operating in a faction's sector. As of now I see pretty much no point in fighting to take control of a sector, but getting rid of a government tax (and the ability to impose taxes on stations in sector) that would be a rather lucrative investment.
Taking over a sector does have some benefits when it comes to corporations. Corporations you are friendly with will build stations in sectors you own so that is a benefit. There is a mod out there already that does taxes including the player receiving taxes for stations in their sector. As for conflicts, Making government factions enemies of some corporations would mean that they would destroy their ships and stations if they come across them which usually would require an invasion of a sector but the problem is trade ships being destroyed when trading with other corporations. This could be a big issue. Would have to think on it a bit

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 16:12

Just to give an example of what could happen, in my universe the xenon had wiped out almost all of split space. Only Ryarth’s dominion and 2 of the free family sectors remained under split control. Every other split sector had been taken over by xenon in the north. In the south, the xenon had control from faulty logic to the void and in the south east, they had pushed the Teladi back quite a bit and taken company regard. The economy of the universe was in shambles with many feeling no hope. Luckily I was there to save the universe after developing my corporation into a behemoth. With a massive fleet i completely conquered the south west sectors taking the void all the way to faulty logic and making them all my own. Now I am developing them with Colonial development stations and lots of factories. I then completely wiped out the Xenon in the north east, clearing out the xenon from the free families regions but they are now dead space with hardly any living. This cost the lives of two thousand of my security personnel sadly. They will be remembered through monuments built on my colonial complexes.

Then I Sent a convoy of ten large freighters to try to help their shipyard get back on track. I have two large fleets now boxing in the xenon, one in the sector next to company regard and one in hatikvah’s choice. Only the north west part of the universe has been abandoned for now. Now I am using my immense resources to help in a revitalization of the universe as many new stations are constantly being built from all friendly corporations to me. I renamed the two sectors which were the xenon’s base in the south west New Hope I and New Hope II. I think they were Atiyah’s something or other.

By the way, this game is 8 days, 17 hours long. So it is a very long time period of play

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 16:14

That tax mod only taxes based on the value of the modules, not the profit. But you are right, I should pester the creator of that mod, not you.

If the government would be hostile, won't it be possible to simply add the blacklist to the corporations' civilian ship AI and have them simply avoid hostile space? Just like player can order their ships to not go into sectors owned by specific parties?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 16:17

AtilaElari wrote:
Fri, 21. Aug 20, 16:14
That tax mod only taxes based on the value of the modules, not the profit. But you are right, I should pester the creator of that mod, not you.

If the government would be hostile, won't it be possible to simply add the blacklist to the corporations' civilian ship AI and have them simply avoid hostile space? Just like player can order their ships to not go into sectors owned by specific parties?
That would mean rewriting some of the trade scripts probably. Not sure how they are written currently. I dont think they are written to avoid enemy sectors, it is just that in vanilla factions at war automatically dont trade because they are enemies.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 16:24

Maybe make a quick mod to make a faction hostile to all other corporations and see if any NPCs would go in.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”