[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (now including 48!! ships)

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:32

AkiraR wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 00:37
Gotcha ok that makes some sense. I have XR but I only played it for exactly 66 minutes before I decided I wasn't a fan and had gone back to x3, after doing some reading I see that the Paranid weren't really included in XR so you don't really have anything to pull from...

While I am not at all a fan of the paranid design they are at least somewhat consistent with the design from x3, although much too bulbous, the destroyer in x3 had the same basic profile but was sharper and sleeker, these ones are too rounded and fat looking.

*sigh* well every one can't agree on everything and I wish that there was a mod with more ships that actually fit the Paranid design language, the other ships you added for them always confused me as well but this one is even more Terran looking than the others with those disks.

I am not super familiar with how X4 mod loading works, but are doing things like submods possible? For instance if I wanted to create a submod for XRshippack that takes the Terran ships from the Paranid and gives them back to the Terrans, would I be able to do such a thing through XML edits alone or would it necessitate redistribution of assets? (something I would rather not do) The fact that patches such as the VRO patch are doable suggests this should be doable. I have fairly extensive experience working on mods for Kerbal Space Program and Skyrim, but mostly form the coding, scripting and config file editing side of things, so replacing them with something new is likely beyond what I could do, unless the kit-bashing approach I have seen some other mods take is not overly complicated.
You can create a submod which switches the paranid ships over to the terran ships.
But it might be incompatible to future changes on that front once I decided to do it in this mod as well.
Mycu wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 07:42
Speaking of consistency - I really like base game ships naming convention - TER having Japanese cities as large ships, PAR having god's names, TEL uses bird's names, split reptiles etc.
Would be nice to have XRSP ships named like that.
I must admit I am against a naming and style convention for beeing forced to have only one for each race (like only gods). Think about the military of just one human army (be it USA, europe or china) even in each of these armies, there are totally different names and styles and when you now go on and think about when the whole humanity would build ships for a global star fleet, there would be different manufacturers resulting in very different styles and names and I think this is way more realistic (US navy ship names: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... tates_Navy ).

What I do agree is that ships of different races should not be mixed in style, so a par ship should never look like an argon one and so on. And thats why the Dreadnought does not fit to the terrans yet (only if I would switch all 7 (or so) over to terrans).
But as said, this is on my wishlist too, to give terran ships to the terrans but first I need a good paranid ship roster.
Volken32 wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 09:44
Great mod, thanks for the effort. I've made a forum account just to leave you some feedback. I've noticed that in the most recent update you've added a Khaak destroyer and i'm getting really bad performance issues around them. I think it happens when fighters try to dock with it and it causes extreme FPS drops.
I have tested the Khaak destroyer in many combats and I never had a performance issue. Can you give me some more details?
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:58

OK, I understand the necessity of needing to give the paranids something for, I have no intentions of having any submod I make be anything more than a temporary measure for those that are interested in such a thing. I probably wont even get the chance to look into creating a submod until after this semester ends (sometime in May) as my time distribution right now is school>gaming>modding and I barely get the chance to get to the gaming part lol.

Anyways I really love the mod and the work you have done, please don't take it as a criticism or anything. Cheers :)

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 08:00

Hi,

What ships gets Realm of Trinity (United Paranid Faction, after completing one of Paranid plots)

Thank you.

Volken32

Post by Volken32 » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:08

Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 21. Mar 21, 11:32

I have tested the Khaak destroyer in many combats and I never had a performance issue. Can you give me some more details?
At the time there were 3-4 destroyers spawned with 3-4 squads of fighters and performance dropped sharply when they were starting to move in to blow up my stuff. Sadly I don't know any more specifics but it the FPS drop definitely had to do something with the Khaak destroyers. Now it could be some edge case scenario because I added the mod on a existing save file, where I was already in a Khaak system and I was already attacking them, which caused them to spawn immediately as I loaded in.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:44

st3k wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 08:00
Hi,

What ships gets Realm of Trinity (United Paranid Faction, after completing one of Paranid plots)

Thank you.
Wait for the next version (which I will upload soon). Actually they will only offer vanilla ships but in the next version they will offer all paranid ships (vanilla and mod ships).
Volken32 wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 09:08
At the time there were 3-4 destroyers spawned with 3-4 squads of fighters and performance dropped sharply when they were starting to move in to blow up my stuff. Sadly I don't know any more specifics but it the FPS drop definitely had to do something with the Khaak destroyers. Now it could be some edge case scenario because I added the mod on a existing save file, where I was already in a Khaak system and I was already attacking them, which caused them to spawn immediately as I loaded in.
I just checked and fought against 4 destroyers, several fighters and a Khaak installation and my fps were always ok, like they would in every other fight (always above 50 and often above 70). So at least on my end, it seems they dont effect fps a lot. WIll keep an eye on it and see if others have this problem also.
Just in case, I removed a docking position tag on the ship model (didnt know for what it was), just in case it was the reason for the fps drops.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 10:54

[*]Added HOP/GOD ships to Trinity and added extra jobs for battleships (for Trinity)
[*]Added XR ships to pirate/neutral factions
[*]Added some more battleship and carrier groups to Terrans and Pioneers (to match other races jobs) (as usual.. most are started after 100/200 in game hours)
[*]Gave all battleships at least some highpower tags (necessary for VRO extra strong large turrets) to be fitted
[*]increased Khaaks M-turret speed and hull points
[*]removed docking point on Khaak model (hopefully this helps in rare performance drops for some players)

Animaga
x4

Post by Animaga » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 04:55

Hey I love the mod, it really adds to the game but I did notice a pretty big bug today. Started a brand new game and was doing the tour of the highway ring to unlock the map and in HOP space there was a Trinity battle group already spawned there.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 09:12

Animaga wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 04:55
Hey I love the mod, it really adds to the game but I did notice a pretty big bug today. Started a brand new game and was doing the tour of the highway ring to unlock the map and in HOP space there was a Trinity battle group already spawned there.
Thank you for the report. I will have a look into it.

OK I think I found the reason and I might have a fix for it, but because I can not test it (I would have to play the paranid plot until end) I will post my fix and maybe someone with script experience can check if it would work or not:

I add a script file "story_paranid.xml"

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff>
	<add sel="/mdscript/cues/cue[@name='Start']/cues/cue[@name='Unification_Stage_3_FactionMerge']/cues/cue[@name='Unification_Stage_3_FactionMerge_Complete']/actions/set_value[@name='JobSetup']" pos="after">
	<append_to_list name="$JobSetup" exact="[
					[ null, null,'trinity_battleship_patrol_xl_01'],
					[ null, null,'trinity_carrier_patrol_xl_01'],
					[ null, null,'trinity_battleship_patrol_xl_02'],
					]"/>
	</add>
</diff>
Also the fix would have a side effect. Normally I activate the extra battleship jobs for each faction after 100 and 200 hours in game time (except one that is started right from the start). But with the trinity, I would have to activate them all after plot end if factions are united. Still they need to be built, but might be an issue if you rush the story missions.

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 12:20

Hi,

After installing this mod , I did start seeing more more HOP and PAR fleets, instead of TRI. Which I believe is a bug.

Thank you.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 12:36

st3k wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 12:20
Hi,

After installing this mod , I did start seeing more more HOP and PAR fleets, instead of TRI. Which I believe is a bug.

Thank you.
What do you mean? Have you already united Paranids? If no, this mod will of course add some more par and hop fleets to the game so the new ships will be picked by the AI.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 13:23

As some kind of hotfix version I disabled the delayed extra jobs for par and hop until I find a good way to ensure that at the time I want them to be activated, Trinity was not formed.
In older versions it could happen, that you unite paranids before 100 or 200 in game hour mark and then the script would activate the par and hop jobs which should not be the case anymore (only trinity jobs should be activated). This version now simply deactivates these jobs. This makes par and hop weaker after 100 or 200 in game hours compared to other races.

Solution would be to unite them (Trinity jobs should work) or wait until I find some good fix (maybe someone has a good idea and can help?). My idea would be to check after 100 or 200 hours if a trinity job was set to active by vanilla game. In this case, dont activate the par and hop jobs and only activate trinity jobs. But I dont know how I can script that yet.

• Fix (workaround) for PAR/HOP building ships even after Trinity was united (this workaround removes extra jobs at 100/200 in game hours for them until I find a good way to fix this)
  • Fix (hopefully) Trinity extra jobs will start only after finishing the story line

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Tue, 23. Mar 21, 22:08

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 12:36
st3k wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 12:20
Hi,

Thank you.
What do you mean? Have you already united Paranids? If no, this mod will of course add some more par and hop fleets to the game so the new ships will be picked by the AI.
Hi
I would like to clarify - I did instal this mod, when my game time was showing 888 hours. I did Unite paranids at 880 hours.

Thank you.

Animaga
x4

Post by Animaga » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 04:44

Made a few new starts today just to see if I could find any Trinity ships and I couldn't so I think you have that fixed. Thanks for the quick response!

Are you planning to do the same thing for CUB and whoever replaces ZYA?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 09:47

st3k wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 22:08
Hi
I would like to clarify - I did instal this mod, when my game time was showing 888 hours. I did Unite paranids at 880 hours.

Thank you.
Yeah that should be fixed now.
Animaga wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 04:44
Made a few new starts today just to see if I could find any Trinity ships and I couldn't so I think you have that fixed. Thanks for the quick response!

This should be already working in older versions and dont need a fix (except someone finds a bug here).

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 12:59

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 09:47
st3k wrote:
Tue, 23. Mar 21, 22:08
Hi

Thank you.
Yeah that should be fixed now.
Animaga wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 04:44

This should be already working in older versions and dont need a fix (except someone finds a bug here).
Thank you👍

KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 14:37

Hello, yesterday I downloaded the XR Ship Pack v303, I currently use the 4.0 non-Steam version of the game.

First it did not appear in the list of extensions, then I downloaded the pack from NexusMods, it finally appeared but no ship from the pack appears in the Shipyards, and when going to the Faction Representative (Argon for example) to buy Ship Blueprints, when clicking on Ships, the game closes and shows no error.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:32

KCHARRO wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 14:37
Hello, yesterday I downloaded the XR Ship Pack v303, I currently use the 4.0 non-Steam version of the game.

First it did not appear in the list of extensions, then I downloaded the pack from NexusMods, it finally appeared but no ship from the pack appears in the Shipyards, and when going to the Faction Representative (Argon for example) to buy Ship Blueprints, when clicking on Ships, the game closes and shows no error.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?
Uhm that sounds strange. Do you have any other mods running? Do you have any dlcs?
Have you actiavted the mod on a running game? Try a new game start maybe (it should run on a save also, but just to be sure).

KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:47

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:32
Uhm that sounds strange. Do you have any other mods running? Do you have any dlcs?
Have you actiavted the mod on a running game? Try a new game start maybe (it should run on a save also, but just to be sure).
Well I'm playing an old game of 1.50. But it integrated well to 4.0 and the story continues.

The two Official DLC only:
-Split Vendetta
-Craddle of Humanity

It is the first MOD I use (I want the Freighter "Titurel") I always play without MODS I will try a new game to see ...

------------------------------------
Edit:

I just downloaded from Nexus:

XR_ShipPack_VRO_1.0.0
WeaponPaack_1.1
VRO_305
X4_Editor_1.1.3 (I'll look with this to see)

I'll try these to see what happens.
Last edited by KCHARRO on Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:23

KCHARRO wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:47
Max Bain wrote:
Well I'm playing an old game of 1.50. But it integrated well to 4.0 and the story continues.

-Split Vendetta
-Craddle of Humanity

It is the first MOD I use (I want the Freighter "Titurel") I always play without MODS I will try a new game to see ...
Oh ok, if you play such an old game, it might be broken now. There was one version where I had to change some ship IDs and stuff like that. But that is long ago :D

KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:24

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:23
KCHARRO wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:47
Max Bain wrote:

-Split Vendetta
-Craddle of Humanity

Oh ok, if you play such an old game, it might be broken now. There was one version where I had to change some ship IDs and stuff like that. But that is long ago :D
Thanks, That helps a lot. This night i try in a new save game, now in my work.... tomorrow i tell...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”