[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (now including 48!! ships)

Post by Scoob » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 22:33

Hi,

Further to my earlier comments on the Arrakis Destroyer...

I captured another one, this time I retained the All-Round Thrusters Mk2 it came with, hoping it'd behave better. However, it too is broken. When set as a subordinate to another Destroyer, it got stuck. Basically, when the lead Destroyer headed off, the Arrakis moved to try to follow but just pitched up and could not recover from this. It has literally been stuck, unmoving facing straight up and unable to correct its vector to follow the leader.

However, what fixed it - though it's still not great - was to promote the Captain. The default Captain was zero Stars, and giving him a Seminar (I only have the basic ones) raised him to one Star Piloting (2/3rds of a Star overall) the very second his Pilot skill was raised, the ship was able to manoeuvre.

There's some correlation here between the ship not being very manoeuvrable, the lack of dampening when pitching, and, I assume, some responsiveness factor the low-level Captain gave.

No other ships I've used have behaved like this with a very low-level Captain, but the Arrakis is near broken when one is aboard. Sure, perhaps this ship "needs a decent Captain to be able to handle it" as a Lore reason. I notice that my original Arrakis' Captain is now two and 1/3rd Stars in Piloting, and the ship is better for it, though it'll still often lag behind other ships, even those with worse Captains.

In summary, whatever weakness their is in the Arrakis' manoeuvring stats - particularly Pitch - is HEAVILY exaggerated if a low-level Captain is assigned. This technically isn't the ships fault, but if it had a bit better Pitch with basic Mk1 Thrusters I expect it would be less of an issue.

Note: I generally throw rookie Captains into my Destroyers, hoping Combat will see them at Two Stars fairly quickly.

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 23:08

Thx for the Info. I will have a look on it and will see if I can reproduce it and then hopefully fix it.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 02:08

Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 23:08
Thx for the Info. I will have a look on it and will see if I can reproduce it and then hopefully fix it.
Cheers, it's a weird one for sure.

On an unrelated note, I use the VRO version of your mod and have a problem I'm trying to get to the bottom of. I'll ask on the VRO thread too, as I've really not got a clue what might be going on here.

I have several Hokkaido L-Class Mineral Miners. They work ok OSS, albeit rather slow even with two Star Captains. However, if I teleport aboard as a passenger / am close by, they break. They do not deploy Ore Collectors after blowing up and asteroid, but just sit there for ages, despite viable chunks being present. If however, I take the captains place, Ore Collectors launch instantly and the ship behaves exactly how you'd expect. My Magentar miners appear to work fine IS, and collect noticeably faster OOS - despite both having 17 Ore Collectors.

I just can't figure why the Hokkaido works so poorly for me in my game, when others playing a vanilla game report them as working just fine. Any ideas?

Scoob.

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:56

So on the Rahanis. It bothered me that it's bridge tower module was not there, So rather then complain I decided to try and use what little I have learned and "fix" it for myself. Well I just planed to use the same one you already had in for the Balor, But fell down a modding rabbit hole and unpacked my X:R to get the right L bridge in and working. I did it, Though I had problems with the shaders on the details bits (like antennas) glitching out and didn't know how to fix it, So I just removed them and "hacked" the animated radar from the XL bridge on to it. (it also took an embarrassing amount of time to remember the index files where a thing :oops: )

Ok so long story short I offer up what I did to the greater mod, I only placed it on the container Rahanis and it may benefit from tweaking by someone that actually knows what they're doing :P , but it should be easy-ish to add it to any other ship. I did make sure it cleared the XS dock and also move the bridge view point to match the tower with no clipping

Screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12O3dWC ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C5AmMN ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rnnhWw ... sp=sharing

Files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fyAfMB ... sp=sharing

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 12:44

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 22:33
Arakis problem
I think you are right that it has too low turn speeds for a destroyer (it has just 3°/s where others have 4.4°/s). I will improve this for the next version, so hopefully this will fix your problem with that ship.
Edit: I also found the real problem: its inertia is set to 2000 while other shave about 200. Guess thats a "0" too much :D
LucianDragos wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:56
Bridge
Didnt know that it has a separate bridge. I will have alook at it and if it looks better, I might add it in the next version. Thank you!
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 13:57

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 12:44
I think you are right that it has too low turn speeds for a destroyer (it has just 3°/s where others have 4.4°/s). I will improve this for the next version, so hopefully this will fix your problem with that ship.
Edit: I also found the real problem: its inertia is set to 2000 while other shave about 200. Guess thats a "0" too much :D
Heh, that explains it! :)

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 18:48

LucianDragos wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:56
Rahanas Bridge
I tried it out with your files and it looks good. Will put it in the next version. Not sure if I will put it on smaller rahanas versions as well, so it brings a bit more diversity. But for the larger versions its definitley nice!
Thank you!

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 19:24

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 13:57
Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 12:44
Heh, that explains it! :)

Scoob.
Uploading 3.0.6 right now. Please let me know if your bug is fixed now.

• Added french language file (thanks to Anthoam for delivering the translation file)
  • Added spanish language file (thanks to danigonfor for delivering the translation file)
  • Ajusted/Fixed several values for innertia, mass and turn speeds of several ships
  • Court jobs will now be only activated through storyline (dont know if that effects old saves)
  • Removed missile capacities for Astrals
  • Increased missile capacities on Braveheart
  • Added visible bridge on Rahanas (Gas and Transport) (thx to LucianDragos)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 19:57

Cool, thanks. Downloading now. Will report back once I've observed my Arrakis in action.

Scoob.

hacd89

Post by hacd89 » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 02:49

Hello i have a problem when i buy a arwan or taranis when i get in the ship i stuck in the elevator cant move or do anything press shift+d and nothing reload savegame and nothing i dnt know what happend

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 15:39

hacd89 wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 02:49
Hello i have a problem when i buy a arwan or taranis when i get in the ship i stuck in the elevator cant move or do anything press shift+d and nothing reload savegame and nothing i dnt know what happend
I just checked both and it works without a problem.
Are you sure that you have ONLY this ship mod installed? There are plenty of ship mods which include the Taranis and Arawn (but each one does it a bit different).

hacd89

Post by hacd89 » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:19

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 15:39
hacd89 wrote:
Are you sure that you have ONLY this ship mod installed? There are plenty of ship mods which include the Taranis and Arawn (but each one does it a bit different).
Is the only ship mod i have

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:38

hacd89 wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:19
Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 15:39
hacd89 wrote:
Is the only ship mod i have
What other mods do you have? Does it happen each time or just random?

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 02:14

hacd89 wrote:
I have been having odd issues with elevator hang ups overall with both stock and mod assets since the 4.0 betas so it might not be just this mod

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 09:22

LucianDragos wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 02:14
hacd89 wrote:
I have been having odd issues with elevator hang ups overall with both stock and mod assets since the 4.0 betas so it might not be just this mod
I suggest a clean reinstall of the whole game (with deinstallation before). I had an issue as well and only a clean reinstall fixed it for me (repair did not help). Always when I closed the game (only X4), Steam crashed. This is now fixed.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 06:39

Any thought about porting over the Kha'ak XL harvester from the XR Lost Sector Mod?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 13:23

MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 06:39
Any thought about porting over the Kha'ak XL harvester from the XR Lost Sector Mod?
Not yet.
I have an idea about this ship that would make it somehow special, but it would require some scripting what I can not do right now (and maybe its not even possible at all). So dont expect it any time soon, but it is on my wishlist as well.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:37

do u plan to add more ships to this mod ? asking because iam realy missing my experimental, and the teladi neuntöter with his 8 main guns :)

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 18:45

Halpog wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:37
do u plan to add more ships to this mod ? asking because iam realy missing my experimental, and the teladi neuntöter with his 8 main guns :)
Of course I want to add more ships to this mod. But adding new ships is very time consuming (actually working on two trade ships for paranids in omicron style). So I normally release a version with new ships and than several bugfix/improve versions and repeat that.
Whats the Neuntöter?
I can only add ships I build myself or where I have the files (and the permission).

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 20:11

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 13:23
MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 06:39
Not yet.
I have an idea about this ship that would make it somehow special, but it would require some scripting what I can not do right now (and maybe its not even possible at all). So dont expect it any time soon, but it is on my wishlist as well.
:thumb_up: :khaak:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”