[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KCHARRO

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (now including 48!! ships)

Post by KCHARRO » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 14:37

Hello, yesterday I downloaded the XR Ship Pack v303, I currently use the 4.0 non-Steam version of the game.

First it did not appear in the list of extensions, then I downloaded the pack from NexusMods, it finally appeared but no ship from the pack appears in the Shipyards, and when going to the Faction Representative (Argon for example) to buy Ship Blueprints, when clicking on Ships, the game closes and shows no error.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:32

KCHARRO wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 14:37
Hello, yesterday I downloaded the XR Ship Pack v303, I currently use the 4.0 non-Steam version of the game.

First it did not appear in the list of extensions, then I downloaded the pack from NexusMods, it finally appeared but no ship from the pack appears in the Shipyards, and when going to the Faction Representative (Argon for example) to buy Ship Blueprints, when clicking on Ships, the game closes and shows no error.

Can anyone help? What am I doing wrong?
Uhm that sounds strange. Do you have any other mods running? Do you have any dlcs?
Have you actiavted the mod on a running game? Try a new game start maybe (it should run on a save also, but just to be sure).
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:47

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 16:32
Uhm that sounds strange. Do you have any other mods running? Do you have any dlcs?
Have you actiavted the mod on a running game? Try a new game start maybe (it should run on a save also, but just to be sure).
Well I'm playing an old game of 1.50. But it integrated well to 4.0 and the story continues.

The two Official DLC only:
-Split Vendetta
-Craddle of Humanity

It is the first MOD I use (I want the Freighter "Titurel") I always play without MODS I will try a new game to see ...

------------------------------------
Edit:

I just downloaded from Nexus:

XR_ShipPack_VRO_1.0.0
WeaponPaack_1.1
VRO_305
X4_Editor_1.1.3 (I'll look with this to see)

I'll try these to see what happens.
Last edited by KCHARRO on Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:23

KCHARRO wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:47
Max Bain wrote:
Well I'm playing an old game of 1.50. But it integrated well to 4.0 and the story continues.

-Split Vendetta
-Craddle of Humanity

It is the first MOD I use (I want the Freighter "Titurel") I always play without MODS I will try a new game to see ...
Oh ok, if you play such an old game, it might be broken now. There was one version where I had to change some ship IDs and stuff like that. But that is long ago :D
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO » Wed, 24. Mar 21, 19:24

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 18:23
KCHARRO wrote:
Wed, 24. Mar 21, 17:47
Max Bain wrote:

-Split Vendetta
-Craddle of Humanity

Oh ok, if you play such an old game, it might be broken now. There was one version where I had to change some ship IDs and stuff like that. But that is long ago :D
Thanks, That helps a lot. This night i try in a new save game, now in my work.... tomorrow i tell...

KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO » Thu, 25. Mar 21, 14:48

It already works, I started a new game, when I saw that all the ships appeared, I saved the game and loaded the old one and it works.

Pack from Nexus

Thanks...

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Sun, 28. Mar 21, 20:57

Hey, do you plan to fix changes you made to jobs when it is not needed ? It is effecting overall performance which can be avoided.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 00:20

ObsidianOne wrote:
Sun, 28. Mar 21, 20:57
Hey, do you plan to fix changes you made to jobs when it is not needed ? It is effecting overall performance which can be avoided.
Hm? What jobs are you talking about? I don't know of any open bugs in that area. If you are talking about the tri jobs that were fixed in the last version, then just wait until the ships died. They won't be rebuild until u united tri. Shouldn't be a problem at all because the time frame where ai builded these ships was very short.

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 13:06

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 00:20
ObsidianOne wrote:
Hm? What jobs are you talking about? I don't know of any open bugs in that area. If you are talking about the tri jobs that were fixed in the last version, then just wait until the ships died. They won't be rebuild until u united tri. Shouldn't be a problem at all because the time frame where ai builded these ships was very short.
Can't tell -specifically but i have talked with people who has better knowledge than me in this field and they said you did changes on jobs not safe/unneeded and they even suggest you to fix it but you did not care.They even guided to you to how to fix it etc.Can you reconsider this , can you look into it again pls.Thanks.

This is not exactly bug , this is more like unnecessary codes being in use.I love your mod a lot , good work really but from what i understand you did not care about it so i wanted mentioned it as well to take your attention to this topic.I thought if more people mention it you would care about and look into it.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:36

ObsidianOne wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 13:06
Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 00:20
ObsidianOne wrote:
Can't tell -specifically but i have talked with people who has better knowledge than me in this field and they said you did changes on jobs not safe/unneeded and they even suggest you to fix it but you did not care.They even guided to you to how to fix it etc.Can you reconsider this , can you look into it again pls.Thanks.

This is not exactly bug , this is more like unnecessary codes being in use.I love your mod a lot , good work really but from what i understand you did not care about it so i wanted mentioned it as well to take your attention to this topic.I thought if more people mention it you would care about and look into it.
I really have no idea about what you are talking, sorry. And I cant remember anyone mentioning that before you. Are you sure you mean this mod? All jobs I added are intended and there is nothing to fix in that area.
This mod does not have any real code running in the background (in fact there is none), so you might mixed me up with someone else. I am pretty sure that if you have performance problems, they are coming from a different mod.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:01

So first, thank you for your quick update for 4.0 and VRO. Love this mod.

Wanted to chime in and ask if you had any plans for the Terrans in this mod and your Weapon Pack mod.
With the amount of minerals needed for their economy, I feel like an XL miner at the very least could find some use.

Also, an oddity I found just before I posted this, the Klendathu doesn't have seem to have a license requirement, despite being a upgrade on the Centurion which does.
Not a big deal, but thought it worth mentioning.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 13:37

Aranov wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 02:01
So first, thank you for your quick update for 4.0 and VRO. Love this mod.

Wanted to chime in and ask if you had any plans for the Terrans in this mod and your Weapon Pack mod.
With the amount of minerals needed for their economy, I feel like an XL miner at the very least could find some use.

Also, an oddity I found just before I posted this, the Klendathu doesn't have seem to have a license requirement, despite being a upgrade on the Centurion which does.
Not a big deal, but thought it worth mentioning.
Thanks for your feedback :). I fixed the license requirement for the Klendathu in the next version.
To the terran ships: This has been brought up several times now. My wish is to give all old terran ships to the new terrans, but on the same time I want to have enough paranid ships so that you have a good choice in ships for them but this takes time.
Actually I am working on a nother big mod which I am also playing and testing, so it will take a bit of time for new ships, but they will definitely come, as well as new weapons for terrans.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 14:16

Thanks again for keeping this mod going. The XR ships were truly a work of art as were the stations and backdrops.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 17:29

Hi,

I just encountered my first Arrakis - love the model - and thought I must make it mine. However, during the neutering of the ships Engines and defences I noticed some odd Repair Drone behaviour. It of course deployed Repair Drones like any other large ship, however, they're not exhibiting the usual activity of zooming around to various surface elements. Rather they're just sat there facing the upper most Engine and bobbling about, hardly moving at all and certainly not visiting other points on the ship.

This is the first time I've noticed a mod-added ship not having the usual busy Repair Drones, so perhaps it's not ship model related. However, thought it worth mentioning. Other than this minor issue, the ship appears to function well.

Edit: Note, all the Repair Drones deployed by this ship have the little Egg Time icon on them in the Map view.

Edit 2: The Repair Drones did eventually wake up, but they only seem active when the upper Engine is present. Not functional, just present but damaged. Odd.

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 19:58

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 17:29
Hi,

I just encountered my first Arrakis - love the model - and thought I must make it mine. However, during the neutering of the ships Engines and defences I noticed some odd Repair Drone behaviour. It of course deployed Repair Drones like any other large ship, however, they're not exhibiting the usual activity of zooming around to various surface elements. Rather they're just sat there facing the upper most Engine and bobbling about, hardly moving at all and certainly not visiting other points on the ship.

This is the first time I've noticed a mod-added ship not having the usual busy Repair Drones, so perhaps it's not ship model related. However, thought it worth mentioning. Other than this minor issue, the ship appears to function well.

Edit: Note, all the Repair Drones deployed by this ship have the little Egg Time icon on them in the Map view.

Edit 2: The Repair Drones did eventually wake up, but they only seem active when the upper Engine is present. Not functional, just present but damaged. Odd.

Scoob.
I havent found out yet how exactly repair drones work (I mean their pathing) and I must admit, that often I have not checked if their pathing is good or not because it takes several hours until I find a good waypoint "net" for their repair drones. Because they normally still work (they just dont fly very nice around your ship).
I hope some day I will find some time to improve on that area but I hope you can live with the current situation of some ships not having a nice pathfinding for their repair drones.
It was already very time consuming to give them propper docking points for the cargo drones when they dock at stations and this had higher priority than repair drones because when cargo drones are stuck, the trade takes forever until you go OOS.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 07:35

ok i got some questions
1: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/311 u have nothing to do with this mod right ?
this mod has a galacktica, and an aawran mk3

is it maybe possible that we can get this versions in the xrship mod too ?

2: is it possible that i can "extract" this 2 ships myself and use them as a standalone mod ? anyone got any idea how to do that ?
if so plz some help or guidane would be great

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 17:06

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 19:58
I havent found out yet how exactly repair drones work (I mean their pathing) and I must admit, that often I have not checked if their pathing is good or not because it takes several hours until I find a good waypoint "net" for their repair drones. Because they normally still work (they just dont fly very nice around your ship).
I hope some day I will find some time to improve on that area but I hope you can live with the current situation of some ships not having a nice pathfinding for their repair drones.
It was already very time consuming to give them propper docking points for the cargo drones when they dock at stations and this had higher priority than repair drones because when cargo drones are stuck, the trade takes forever until you go OOS.
Not to worry, it's not a huge deal and the Repair Drones do appear to be working, just not as animated as with other ships.

Talking about the Arrakis, there's something else odd about this ship in that it appears to struggle greatly doing any manoeuvre. It's forever lagging behind the other ships in the Fleet - despite being faster than all of them - it also massively struggles when attempting any sort of pitch / dive manoeuvre. I.e. It might start pitching up to get a bead on an enemy, but then it'll continue pitching up eventually going vertical. It's almost like the dampening for Pitch / Dive is non-existent, so it really struggles to get on-vector, so never speeds up. Note: flying it manually shows that Pitch is REALLY sluggish to respond, both starting and stopping, I suspect it might be too much for the AI to handle.

FYI: I'm using the VRO version of this ship with:

TEL L All-round Engine Mk1
L All-Round Thrusters Mk1

I have other Capital Class ships using the same Engines and Thrusters and their behaviour is fine. The Captain on this ship is just shy of two stars (1 and 2/3rd to be exact) which is higher than some other Capital Ship Captains, yet just this Arrakis is exhibiting this very odd behaviour.

Edit: note, I'm currently watching the Arrakis attempt to orient on a stationary Xenon I. I can see it pitching up slowly as it tried to line up, but then it goes too far then slowly attempts to adjust back. It then overshoots again and the whole process repeats. The ship's Engines are not engaged, so it's not moving towards the target. Those four front Guns looks great, but it's been totally unable to use them thus far. I get it's a big ship and should feel a bit sluggish perhaps, but it appears largely unable to function under AI control currently.

Edit 2: I popped some "All-Round Thrusters Mk2" on it and, despite only being about 10% better, the ship does behave more reliably now. Still a bit sluggish, but it's not doing that weird over-pitch behaviour as much.

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:43

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 17:06
Thanks! I will have a look at it. I cant really believe that its the ship and not just the game engine in combination with some bad RNG and a bad pilot, but if I am wrong I will try to find a way to fix it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:23

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:43
Thanks! I will have a look at it. I cant really believe that its the ship and not just the game engine in combination with some bad RNG and a bad pilot, but if I am wrong I will try to find a way to fix it.
It is odd for a thruster upgrade to appear make such a marked difference, but the ship is working now, where it really wasn't before. Not sure whether to hope you find something to fix or not lol. My bet is that it's some vanilla quirk of RNG, as you suggest.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 19:03

Just encountered my first Braveheart Destroyer, once again, very nice! It will be mine shortly... Didn't notice any issues with oddly behaving repair drones with this one.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”