[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (now including 48!! ships)

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 15:39

hacd89 wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 02:49
Hello i have a problem when i buy a arwan or taranis when i get in the ship i stuck in the elevator cant move or do anything press shift+d and nothing reload savegame and nothing i dnt know what happend
I just checked both and it works without a problem.
Are you sure that you have ONLY this ship mod installed? There are plenty of ship mods which include the Taranis and Arawn (but each one does it a bit different).
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

hacd89

Post by hacd89 » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:19

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 15:39
hacd89 wrote:
Hello i have a problem when i buy a arwan or taranis when i get in the ship i stuck in the elevator cant move or do anything press shift+d and nothing reload savegame and nothing i dnt know what happend
Are you sure that you have ONLY this ship mod installed? There are plenty of ship mods which include the Taranis and Arawn (but each one does it a bit different).
Is the only ship mod i have

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:38

hacd89 wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:19
Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 15:39
hacd89 wrote:
Is the only ship mod i have
What other mods do you have? Does it happen each time or just random?
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 02:14

hacd89 wrote:
I have been having odd issues with elevator hang ups overall with both stock and mod assets since the 4.0 betas so it might not be just this mod

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 09:22

LucianDragos wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 02:14
hacd89 wrote:
I have been having odd issues with elevator hang ups overall with both stock and mod assets since the 4.0 betas so it might not be just this mod
I suggest a clean reinstall of the whole game (with deinstallation before). I had an issue as well and only a clean reinstall fixed it for me (repair did not help). Always when I closed the game (only X4), Steam crashed. This is now fixed.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 06:39

Any thought about porting over the Kha'ak XL harvester from the XR Lost Sector Mod?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 13:23

MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 06:39
Any thought about porting over the Kha'ak XL harvester from the XR Lost Sector Mod?
Not yet.
I have an idea about this ship that would make it somehow special, but it would require some scripting what I can not do right now (and maybe its not even possible at all). So dont expect it any time soon, but it is on my wishlist as well.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:37

do u plan to add more ships to this mod ? asking because iam realy missing my experimental, and the teladi neuntöter with his 8 main guns :)

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 18:45

Halpog wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:37
do u plan to add more ships to this mod ? asking because iam realy missing my experimental, and the teladi neuntöter with his 8 main guns :)
Of course I want to add more ships to this mod. But adding new ships is very time consuming (actually working on two trade ships for paranids in omicron style). So I normally release a version with new ships and than several bugfix/improve versions and repeat that.
Whats the Neuntöter?
I can only add ships I build myself or where I have the files (and the permission).

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 20:11

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 13:23
MHDriver wrote:
Not yet.
I have an idea about this ship that would make it somehow special, but it would require some scripting what I can not do right now (and maybe its not even possible at all). So dont expect it any time soon, but it is on my wishlist as well.
:thumb_up: :khaak:

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 06:41

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 18:45
Halpog wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 17:37
Of course I want to add more ships to this mod. But adding new ships is very time consuming (actually working on two trade ships for paranids in omicron style). So I normally release a version with new ships and than several bugfix/improve versions and repeat that.
Whats the Neuntöter?
I can only add ships I build myself or where I have the files (and the permission).
neuntöter ( dont know the english name since iam using a german version of the game ) is a teladi m7
u could equip him totaly with pulslaser and let him go nuts against khaaks :P
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... d=45383782
https://seizewell.de/x3ap/schiffe/ships ... cdesc=DESC

aurumgallente
x4

Post by aurumgallente » Wed, 28. Apr 21, 15:14

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 13:23
MHDriver wrote:
Not yet.
In my mod khaak XL ship spawns in random sector every hour and starts to attack everything. I can share script with you.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Wed, 5. May 21, 16:17

First thing's first: Max Bain, absolutely fantastic work!

I do think my personal preferences differ slightly from what's here by default though (to be clear, that's true for virtually every mod I run, so that shouldn't be taken as feedback). There are a lot of fantastic designs here but I feel like with this installed the vast majority of the vanilla/VRO ships are overshadowed rather than complimented. I'd like to perform a local modification for my own use that cuts the ship count down to 1 or maybe 2 extra ships per race with a focus on providing variety while not being strictly superior to vanilla/VRO options; problem is there are just so many ships that I'm not even sure which represent the best candidates for keeping.

So as general question for everyone using this mod: Which ships are closest to vanilla/VRO in terms of power levels? Which ships should I absolutely keep? The thing I find most concerning are large turret counts, but I don't want to just order by that because I could well imagine offsetting design decisions that I don't have a firm grasp of atm.

Definitely going to keep the Q and Queen, since the Xenon/KHK need all the help I can give them. Other than that I'd really appreciate the thoughts of anyone that's used the mod for awhile. Thanks!

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 20:36

is it just me or is there a true destroyer missing ??

i mean yes, there are some ships at L and XL class that have main weapons.. but they are so weak, or just 1or 3 weapons, that u cant call them destroyer at all ....
iam missing a real destroyer like in x3tc where u can use 1 ship to destroy a station and get other ships to protect it, but in x4.. jesus.. mostly all is based on L turrets.....and m turrets.. but a destroyer with 4 L turrests, i cant call a destroyer...at some xenon stations u need a ton of ships to destroy them.......ex: 3 or 4 syns or 2 asgfard and so on .....
even top ( former top L class ships ) like cerberus are lacking real dmg ....
iam also missing the teladi neuntöter from X3 he was a beast with his weapons

we need some true main guns ships in the XL and L class ......
m ships with 4 to 6 weapons are .. lets say ok...but using them against L ships is not worth it at all
mostly the gameplay ius based on raptors and arawn`s ... u get 3 to 5 of them place them a sector , assign the targets and thats it ....no other ships needed.....
yes, there are tons of ships we can use ofc.. but this ship pack hre is just the top of all ship mods.. plain and simple .

and we are in need of true rocket boats ....i mean ofc wecan fit rockets to almost every ship.. but hell....where is the true rocket boat with 20 or 40 missle slots ? jumping in the combat, firing tons of missles and than get away......

we miss destroyers and rocket boats :P

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 19:45

Halpog wrote:
Thu, 7. Oct 21, 20:36
is it just me or is there a true destroyer missing ??

i mean yes, there are some ships at L and XL class that have main weapons.. but they are so weak, or just 1or 3 weapons, that u cant call them destroyer at all ....
iam missing a real destroyer like in x3tc where u can use 1 ship to destroy a station and get other ships to protect it, but in x4.. jesus.. mostly all is based on L turrets.....and m turrets.. but a destroyer with 4 L turrests, i cant call a destroyer...at some xenon stations u need a ton of ships to destroy them.......ex: 3 or 4 syns or 2 asgfard and so on .....
Destroyers are called this way not because of they should be a mass destruction ships and destroy everything.
Here is a reference to naval ships is applied, in which destroyers are light ships, much inferior in weapon power to cruisers and battlecruisers.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:59

any chance we can get the otas euros from x3tc as heavy fighter for x4 ?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 16:26

How does this mod work with game versions 4.1 - 4.2?

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 22:06

Works fine for me with the latest beta^^

No problems with the ships and npc factions are using them too! :)

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 22:24

Thank you. :x4:

twinview
x4

Post by twinview » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 02:02

Hello would anyone know how to get the newest version to work with your save. i'm still stuck on using this one (0.9.4.0) try using the newest one but then cannot load my save game. thank u using Standard one not VRO ... any help on fixing my save to work would be great. not sure how to do it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”