[MOD][V 1.06] Improved Bombers

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

RoverTX
x4

[MOD][V 1.06] Improved Bombers

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 20. Oct 19, 02:25

About

Bombers in Vanilla are worse bombers than Frigates and Corvettes. Frigates have more capacity, and Corvettes have more launches.

This mod aims to fix that. It Allows Bombers To Use Missile Turrets And Buffs Their Missile Hold To 100, except the Minotaur Raider which isn't fully a bomber has had its possible hold only buffed to 50.

This has bombers matching Frigates capacity, and outclassing Corvettes launcher count.

Notes

Note 1: The medium turret launchers for medium ships are different blueprints than the ones for large ships. If you have already bought the launcher turrets blueprints this will ensure the ones for the medium ships are given to you. If you haven't you will get both the large and medium version when you purchase from the faction representative.

Note 2: to change missile type for the turret launchers on the top middle of your screen, where the turret behavior icons are, click the bottom icon for each turret.

What Is Modified?

In all the layout files for M ships the turrets are patched to ensure only bombers can use the missile turrets.
Patched the bomber ships macros to give them more missile storage.
Patched the library ware file to allow for blueprints for the turret missile launchers for m ships.
Patched the library icon file to ensure the turret missile launchers have icons in the equipment menu.
Added an MD file to ensure no issue with blueprint miss match.

Links

Github
Download
Steam Workshop
Nexus

History

1.02 Release Version

1.03 Stop Xenon P from using missile turrets. Also nerf Minotaur Raider to 50 missile count as it is not a full bomber.

1.04-1.06 Change local build system to avoid un needed things in release

Warnoise

Re: [MOD][V 1.06] Improved Bombers

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 03:22

Thank you for the amazing mod. Will AI use them too?

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 21:12

3.0 removes the bomber, how will it affect this mod?

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 00:19

didnt remove it just renamed it to gunship or something like that
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 01:36

Yeah they just renamed they. They are still terrible and have no unique purpose. This mod stays may just rename it.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 28. Apr 22, 14:32

3 years later I'm gonna give bombers a try because there are single K and Qs going around galaxy killing everything and I'm still too weak to actually stop them. Any clue on how to make torpedos cheaper to buy? Cause paying 3 million for one load of them is a bit high.

Also, have to report sadly that I can't put missile turrets on my Peregrine or Minotaur.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 28. Apr 22, 21:20

how do u fixed the fact that bombers are not restocking at all ? so far for every bomber u have to restock him by yourself.....

even a supply ship in the fleet dosent help to fix that.
as soon as bombers are out of rockets they are totaly useless

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Fri, 29. Apr 22, 21:34

@RoverTX

I figured out why it's impossible to put guided turrets on M ships anymore. Looks like the files for them were renamed. For example what was before "turret_tel_m_guided_01_mk1" is now "turret_arg_m_guided_02_mk1_macro" at least according to Roguey's X4 list.
Halpog wrote:
Thu, 28. Apr 22, 21:20
how do u fixed the fact that bombers are not restocking at all ? so far for every bomber u have to restock him by yourself.....

even a supply ship in the fleet dosent help to fix that.
as soon as bombers are out of rockets they are totaly useless
After they use up all their missiles they should call you that they have no ammo, if you press "F" and direct them to rearm you will be thrown into equip screen (for equipment dock or wharf) and when you complete that part the bomber will go to the nearest wharf himself to rearm.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 30. Apr 22, 18:52

Sturmer wrote:
Thu, 28. Apr 22, 14:32
3 years later I'm gonna give bombers a try because there are single K and Qs going around galaxy killing everything and I'm still too weak to actually stop them. Any clue on how to make torpedos cheaper to buy? Cause paying 3 million for one load of them is a bit high.

Also, have to report sadly that I can't put missile turrets on my Peregrine or Minotaur.
Are you currently using VRO?

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sat, 30. Apr 22, 19:11

RoverTX wrote:
Sat, 30. Apr 22, 18:52
No.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 30. Apr 22, 21:17

Sturmer wrote:
Sat, 30. Apr 22, 19:11
RoverTX wrote:
No.
What’s your full mod list then? I do diffs for the mod group on discord every major patch and I didn’t see any such change. I could have missed it, but want to make sure there isn’t a know possible mod conflict first.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 1. May 22, 05:58

So Egosoft fixed the unseeded missile tags on all M ships at some point between 4.0 and 4.2

Which broke this mod. Working on a fix now.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 1. May 22, 06:31

Sturmer wrote:
Sat, 30. Apr 22, 19:11
RoverTX wrote:
No.
Fix is out now on steam and GitHub. Verified on my end. Let me know if it works for you.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Sun, 1. May 22, 17:03

RoverTX wrote:
Sun, 1. May 22, 06:31
Fix is out now on steam and GitHub. Verified on my end. Let me know if it works for you.
Awesome, now I can buy tracking dumbfire and turrets, amazing work, thanks!

I'm not very versed in missiles in X so please forgive me for what is probably a stupid question: can the torpedoes be launched from turrets? I'm guessing it's only a weapon to be used with main fixed guns, not turrets as torps are usually quite big and thus wouldn't fit into a turret.

As a follow-up: which missile being fired from turrets would you suggest as a companion to the heavy torpedo from main battery to batter the enemy capital ship? EMP? Heavy guided? Smart? Swarm? or heatseeker? Dumbfire/cluster? Primary use: killing K's and Q's.

PS: since you fixed the mod (big kudos on doing it so quickly!), do you still need my mod list?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”