[MOD] Jump Drive Research v4.01 (updated 2021-05-29)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Berserk Knight
x4

[MOD] Jump Drive Research v4.01 (updated 2021-05-29)

Post by Berserk Knight » Sat, 19. Oct 19, 15:17

Uploaded to Nexus.

Adds a researchable Jump Drive system usable by the player faction.

Jump Drive Mk1
- Allows capital ships to piggy-back on a Jump Gate's connection, skipping the waiting queue. (This is mostly a bypass for the traffic jam at the gates.)
- Research time : 10 minutes
- Jump requirements : Close proximity (roughly 10km) to the gate. (Pre-4.00 : Also needs 5 Energy Cells.)
*Pre-4.00 : Player's capital ship traders will not attempt to trade Energy Cells once this research is finished.

Jump Drive Mk2
- Allows capital ships to jump to your Jump Beacons in adjacent sectors. Still uses the Jump Gate network as a relay.
- Research time : 30 minutes (reduced to 15 minutes in 3.20)
- Jump requirements : 10 Energy Cells, Jump Beacon in the target adjacent sector and an existing gate connection between the sectors.
*4.00 : Player's capital ship traders will not attempt to trade Energy Cells once this research is finished.
*Also unlocks the Jump Beacon blueprint. You will need to equip your ships yourself.

Jump Drive Mk3
- Allows capital ships to jump to your Jump Beacons anywhere in the galaxy.
- Research time : 1 hour (reduced to 30 minutes in 3.20)
- Jump requirements : 50 Energy Cells, Jump Beacon in the target sector.

Charge up time is 10 seconds for Mk1, 20 for the others. There are no cooldowns between jumps.
The rather low 50 Energy Cell requirement for the Mk3 is so the Builder ships can use them too. (It would have been at least 100 if it weren't for that damn thing.)

The AI will automatically use any researched Jump Drive while moving across sectors.
The AI will use the Mk3 Jump Drive to get to a sector that is cut off, whether through blacklists or Jump Gates being shut down (the latter can only happen through mods right now), but only if there is a Jump Beacon in that exact sector.
The AI will not use the Mk3 Jump Drive on an adjacent sector. (Obviously, it'll use the cheaper Mk2 instead.)
The AI will not use the Mk2 Jump Drive if the Jump Beacon is placed very badly and using the gate would make more sense.
The AI will not use the Mk2 Jump Drive if it is within 10km of the gate to the next sector.

As for how to use the Jump Drive in capital ships that you personally pilot...
1. Set guidance.
2. Engage the autopilot.

Known Issues
- The research doesn't register as "unlocked" until you check the research menu after it finishes.

v4.01
- Fixed several typos caused by mixing up files.
- Fixed regular nav beacons being targeted for jumps. (Hopefully it stays that way.)
- Added a retroactive fix for the "research not showing up" issue caused by the new "basket" system implemented by Egosoft.

v4.00
- Energy Cell usage of Mk1 Jump Drive removed for all versions.
- Mk1 Jump Drive no longer needs to be researched.
-- Minimal version just replaces Egosoft's insta-jump with this mod's 10 second jump.
- Jump cancel mechanic removed.
- Ships are only aligned to their next destination on a beacon jump, not gate jumps.
- Betty announcements when jumping with autopilot.
- Thanks to JasonX2000 for the warebasket fix.

v3.10
- Minor fix.
- New "Lite" version : No E Cell requirement for Jumps., Mk1 unlocked and usable by everyone by default. Mk2, Mk3 is still player only, and requires research.
- New "Minimal" version : All L/XL ships use Mk1 Jump Drive for free. Mostly for removing traffic jams at gates due to the queue.
* Only use one of these mods at a time. The new variations do not need the Right Click API, since ships no longer need to refuel.

v3.00
- Updated for patch 3.00.
- Research Overhaul is no longer needed for the UI to display ware requirements.
-- As such, there is now only one version of the mod.

v1.10
- Added translations. (Russian provided by alexalsp at Nexus.)
- Added new "Refuel" order. (Thus, requires Right Click API.)
- You can order capital ships to buy Energy Cells, in either flat amount or percentage of cargo hold.
- Flat amount can be set in increments of 500, up to 5000.
- Percentage can be set in increments of 10%. Trade ships will only acquire 20% of the stated value. For example, they will only fill up 2% when you select 10%. (Minimum fill amount of 100 energy cells.)
- Ships will find a suitable station that can sell them enough Energy Cells. They will go through them in the following order.
1. The specific station that you targeted the order on. (Only if you did so, and only if you own it.)
2. Owned station in the target sector.
3. Owned station in the ship's local sector.
4. Any station in the ship's local sector.

v1.00
- Initial release for patch 2.60.
Last edited by Berserk Knight on Fri, 28. May 21, 20:34, edited 4 times in total.

Berserk Knight
x4

Re: [MOD] Jump Drive Research v1.10 (updated 2019-11-07)

Post by Berserk Knight » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 10:44

Updated to v1.10 with translations and sorely needed refuel function.

v1.10
- Added translations. (Russian provided by alexalsp at Nexus.)
- Added new "Refuel" order. (Thus, requires Right Click API.)
- You can order capital ships to buy Energy Cells, in either flat amount or percentage of cargo hold.
- Flat amount can be set in increments of 500, up to 5000.
- Percentage can be set in increments of 10%. Trade ships will only acquire 20% of the stated value. For example, they will only fill up 2% when you select 10%. (Minimum fill amount of 100 energy cells.)
- Ships will find a suitable station that can sell them enough Energy Cells. They will go through them in the following order.
1. The specific station that you targeted the order on. (Only if you did so, and only if you own it.)
2. Owned station in the target sector.
3. Owned station in the ship's local sector.
4. Any station in the ship's local sector.

Berserk Knight
x4

Re: [MOD] Jump Drive Research v3.00 (updated 2020-03-31)

Post by Berserk Knight » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 18:15

Updated to 3.00.

v3.00
- Updated for patch 3.00.
- Research Overhaul is no longer needed for the UI to display ware requirements.
-- As such, there is now only one version of the mod.

Otas Elite
x4

Post by Otas Elite » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 21:17

Would it be possible to create a version where all capital ships (AI Factions included) can use mk1 but without the energy requirement?
I am not really interested in the itself, just looking for a way to "fix" the annoying behavior of flying into the gate from behind.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 11:53

Hi i have a bug, My pulsar start jumping too like the capital ship.

Berserk Knight
x4

Post by Berserk Knight » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 14:50

v3.10
- Minor fix.
- New "Lite" version : No E Cell requirement for Jumps., Mk1 unlocked and usable by everyone by default. Mk2, Mk3 is still player only, and requires research.
- New "Minimal" version : All L/XL ships use Mk1 Jump Drive for free. Mostly for removing traffic jams at gates due to the queue.
* Only use one of these mods at a time. The new variations do not need the Right Click API, since ships no longer need to refuel.

Otas Elite wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 21:17
Would it be possible to create a version where all capital ships (AI Factions included) can use mk1 but without the energy requirement?
I am not really interested in the itself, just looking for a way to "fix" the annoying behavior of flying into the gate from behind.
Use the new Lite or Minimal version.

adzipp wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 11:53
Yeah, I noticed that too. That's the "minor fix".

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 14:53

Berserk Knight wrote:
Sun, 12. Apr 20, 14:50
v3.10
- Minor fix.

Otas Elite wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 21:17
Use the new Lite or Minimal version.

adzipp wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 11:53
Yeah, I noticed that too. That's the "minor fix".
Спасибо ;)

adzipp

Re: [MOD] Jump Drive Research v3.10 (updated 2020-04-12)

Post by adzipp » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 15:35

У меня вопрос.... что нужно добавить в "effects" чтобы был эффект запрыга а не только прыжка? и можно ли вобще это реализовать ассетами их XRа? потому что эффект прыжка я так понял был взят из них?

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 15:33

Hi there,,
Jump Drive fully researched. Energy cells available.
How is that supposed to work with instructions, instructions, etc.?
I can not?

serfo0185
x4

Post by serfo0185 » Tue, 14. Apr 20, 22:13

I think the jumps are only for aircraft carriers

KroelleBoelle

Post by KroelleBoelle » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 18:53

hey, what about a personal jump drive? That would be nice.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 02:54

To make it a little less of a 'cheat' would it be possible to make a version that can only jump you to sectors you own? Maybe make the jump drive connected to the Admin Module being present rather than a jump beacon.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 11:00

I have, read again
From L ships and XL ships. Too bad.

I do not fly these ships L and Xl ships. Too chunky, too slow, not flexible and that.
Unfortunately there is no good L ship for players.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 17:14

raim729 wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 11:00
I have, read again
From L ships and XL ships. Too bad.

I do not fly these ships L and Xl ships. Too chunky, too slow, not flexible and that.
Unfortunately there is no good L ship for players.
The Rattlesnake (Split destroyer) is apparently very fast, especially when modded, and is *beastly* in player hands in combat.

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Sat, 18. Apr 20, 19:20

Where the jump beacons at??

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Sun, 17. May 20, 22:37

Berserk Knight wrote:
Sun, 12. Apr 20, 14:50
v3.10
- Minor fix.
Wow, this is awesome!! Minimal version is just a god-send! Maybe you should release it as separate mod, I think lots of people will love "Capital ships jump near Gate, skipping the waiting queue" mod
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Sat, 23. May 20, 21:30

I think I have found a bug in one of the scripts (using lite version). I noticed that I have a lot of error entries in logs:

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 15682.73 Error in AI script move.gate on entity 0x4b552: Property lookup failed: $ship
* Expression: 8000m + $ship.size / 2f
* Action: <get_safe_pos>, line 19
... so I changed the 19th line of airscripts/move.gate.xml to:

<get_safe_pos result="$newpos" zone="$gate.zone" object="$gate" radius="this.ship.size / 2.0" min="8km + (this.ship.size / 2.0)" max="10km + (this.ship.size / 2.0)" angle="45deg" ignored="this.ship" allowyaxis="false" directionobject="$gate" direction="$quadrants.{$i}" />
Changed from $ship.size/2.0 to this.ship.size / 2.0. Didn't play too long after applying that fix (if it is a fix :P), but so far so good...

... Though I see that occasionally I get other errors from this mod:

[=ERROR=] 15797.17 aicontext<move.gate,0x3989c>: failed going through gate!  
and

[=ERROR=] 15794.31 Cannot find macro XML file from index 'jump_jumpout_particle_01_macro' in file 'index\macros' 

PetitViet
x4

Post by PetitViet » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 16:48

Bonsoir Knight

Dit, je vais peut être posé une question bête, excuse moi dans ce cas :)

Mais... comment fais tu la "recherche" de ton module s'il te plait ?

Par avance merci pour ta réponse :)

et dans ta réponse, n'oublie pas que je suis un débutant :) ahaha

Je te souhaite une agréable soirée

David

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 14:40

I'm doubting this mod will be updated, but I absolutely love it, so reporting anyway, at least for anyone else still using it.

Lite seems to work with 4.0, with some cave-ats.
Biggest issue is jump beacons seem count as nav-beacons for the mission
Spoiler
Show
Mutually Assured Destruction, in Fate of the Yaki, where you can choose guide the Xenon to Earth
An unaware Terran-allied player could automatically complete the objective and choose the outcome they didn't want if they already have a Jump Beacon network.

Minor issues, the gate jump from this mod is in vanilla and redundant. May also cause problems if gate travel scripts were changed drastically.
And of course the jump beacon doesn't have Terran build plan so it requires commonwealth parts.

Berserk Knight
x4

Re: [MOD] Jump Drive Research v4.00 (updated 2021-05-17)

Post by Berserk Knight » Mon, 17. May 21, 10:44

Updated to 4.00 on Nexus.

v4.00
- Energy Cell usage of Mk1 Jump Drive removed for all versions.
- Mk1 Jump Drive no longer needs to be researched.
-- Minimal version just replaces Egosoft's insta-jump with this mod's 10 second jump.
- Jump cancel mechanic removed.
- Ships are only aligned to their next destination on a beacon jump, not gate jumps.
- Betty announcements when jumping with autopilot.
- Thanks to JasonX2000 for the warebasket fix.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”