[MOD] Civilian Fleets: Mimicry Extension (v6.05)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cedric_FP
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets: Mimicry Extension (v5.01)

Post by Cedric_FP » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 09:36

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 21:02
Mycu wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 18:16
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 17:35
I am thinking to restore those feature so everybody (especially those that started using this mod early) can still enjoy the mod.
Maybe with some possibility (via extension options or xml var) to hide those commands in case it will just clone mimic functionality to aviod menu cluttering?
With Urgent Orders mod this menu gets quite hanbdful of commands.
A quick visit to SirNukes Mod Support API reveals something interesting: I should be able to restore some "legacy control" buttons (of course I will just redirect them to the Mimic under the hood) but at the same time be able to read flags from their Extension Options to eg hide them buttons, should be a good balance between what I want and what ppl want.

Not sure if anyone already did the SirNukes + extension options + UI modification combo yet
I currently have SirNukes + extension options + kuertee's UI if that's the one you meant. However I found this newest update completely fine and actually prefer the simplicity of mimic commander and then everything happening automagically wrt trade or mine under the hood. I have set up multiple tater trade and autominer fleets using your script and think it works fine and is perfectly intuitive to me *shrugs* Been using your mod for a while, too, since my last play through with SV. Since I run a bunch of war enhancing mods, having the fleet not grind to a halt when the leader dies is great functionality.

Vectorial1024
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets: Mimicry Extension (v5.01)

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 1. May 21, 19:01

Cedric_FP wrote:
Mon, 26. Apr 21, 09:36
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sat, 24. Apr 21, 21:02
Mycu wrote:
Fri, 23. Apr 21, 18:16

Maybe with some possibility (via extension options or xml var) to hide those commands in case it will just clone mimic functionality to aviod menu cluttering?
With Urgent Orders mod this menu gets quite hanbdful of commands.
A quick visit to SirNukes Mod Support API reveals something interesting: I should be able to restore some "legacy control" buttons (of course I will just redirect them to the Mimic under the hood) but at the same time be able to read flags from their Extension Options to eg hide them buttons, should be a good balance between what I want and what ppl want.

Not sure if anyone already did the SirNukes + extension options + UI modification combo yet
I currently have SirNukes + extension options + kuertee's UI if that's the one you meant. However I found this newest update completely fine and actually prefer the simplicity of mimic commander and then everything happening automagically wrt trade or mine under the hood. I have set up multiple tater trade and autominer fleets using your script and think it works fine and is perfectly intuitive to me *shrugs* Been using your mod for a while, too, since my last play through with SV. Since I run a bunch of war enhancing mods, having the fleet not grind to a halt when the leader dies is great functionality.
Simplicity is nice, but the execution of the update was imo horrible. I dropped support of the legacy buttons but did not leave behind a convenient way for ppl to migrate to Mimic, and so things broke down.

Mainly the problem was that I wrongly thought I could "set the fleet group at order sync" (this is not doable) and there was not enough testing at that time and so the final product was flawed. Fleet group was never changed, and the warning message of "using the old endpoint" kept spamming the screen. (Originally expected that message to appear for a few moments after the mod update but it obviously got out of control.)

Now, to let ppl migrate smoothly, I will just restore the legacy buttons, but when ppl want to use the legacy buttons they will get notified with a simple message that CivFleet will change the fleet to use Mimic, and I under-the-hood change the fleet group to Mimic to use the new logic.

It is a compromise to add back the legacy buttons as a means of smooth transition.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Midnitewolf

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets: Mimicry Extension (v5.03)

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 8. May 21, 22:12

Probably not a big deal then the grand scheme of things but Civilian Fleets doesn't play well with the Star Wars Interwars mod. I had to remove it because my combat fleets subordinates would end up all getting the mimic command despite what group I assigned to them such as attack, defend, intercept. Also once they got the mimic order, they just stopped responding to fleet orders. Soon as I removed this mod all was fixed.

I suspect this has something to do with the fact that all Vanilla ships were removed and Star Wars only ships were added.

In any case, I know that the Star Wars Interworlds mod is pretty popular so I thought I would mention it here to let anyone know who is looking to use this mod with the Star Wars mod that they don't play well together.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 9. May 21, 08:25

Midnitewolf wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 22:12
Probably not a big deal then the grand scheme of things but Civilian Fleets doesn't play well with the Star Wars Interwars mod. I had to remove it because my combat fleets subordinates would end up all getting the mimic command despite what group I assigned to them such as attack, defend, intercept. Also once they got the mimic order, they just stopped responding to fleet orders. Soon as I removed this mod all was fixed.

I suspect this has something to do with the fact that all Vanilla ships were removed and Star Wars only ships were added.

In any case, I know that the Star Wars Interworlds mod is pretty popular so I thought I would mention it here to let anyone know who is looking to use this mod with the Star Wars mod that they don't play well together.
Nah this mod does not care about what ships you use.

However I do notice this bug when testing myself with a cheat mod and some vanilla carriers and provided a fix in mod version v5.03. The way I see this is that I tried to rush things for v5.00-v5.02 by copying code without checking carefully and shot myself in the foot and ended up having to redo about half of the mod.

Please try and see if v5.03 fixes this.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sun, 16. May 21, 09:36

Some questions regarding filters:
Are they recognized by the mod? Meaning - If I use a filter for trade ONLY with myself.
Same for sectors. Can I use a filter for sector travel (eg. only my own sectors, not allowed sectors, ...).
I use quite some filters to only fly, mine and trade/distribute in my own sectors.

daBeschi
x4

Post by daBeschi » Sun, 16. May 21, 11:41

Hello,

There should be no problem. The MOD does not touch the scripts. It only makes the mimic command better.

Greetings

Inty2018
x4

Post by Inty2018 » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 19:17

Question,
I have a range of mods including VRO and also civilian fleet mimicry + sanity miner + patch for sanity miner.
when i create a fleet the commander stays in the anchor sector and selling it there or in a nearby sector, but the subordinates will start mining there, then sell somewhere and then start mining all over the place in seemingly random sectors.

is this normal behaviour?

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 17:12

Inty2018 wrote:
Tue, 1. Jun 21, 19:17
Question,
I have a range of mods including VRO and also civilian fleet mimicry + sanity miner + patch for sanity miner.
when i create a fleet the commander stays in the anchor sector and selling it there or in a nearby sector, but the subordinates will start mining there, then sell somewhere and then start mining all over the place in seemingly random sectors.

is this normal behaviour?
This *seems* normal? What this mod does is simply to copy the order of the commanding ship to other ships. What actually happens inside those orders, this mod does not know.

However I think I implemented a "handicap" feature where if the subordinates are more skillful than the commander, then the subordinates are allowed to operate so that it is >= commander but < original subordinate. I think it is the average skill level between the two. Check their skill levels.

And, Sanity Sector Miner involves selling ore in neighbouring sectors, so just reading your description, it do seem working just as promised.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

docwho83
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets: Mimicry Extension (v6.04)

Post by docwho83 » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 23:45

Hi. Great Mod. Have really enjoied using it was hoping to have a small request put in. I put it up on the on github.com but figure I would also request it here. As I do not see how to make the change myself in the code to make it do as I want.

I would like the fleet to name it as such 1-9 start with 00 so they line up top to buttom.

then the fleet 10-99 start with 0 again so they stay lined up.

I not having to look for my fleet 10 at the top of my fleet list instead of after 9.
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”