[MOD] Civilian Fleets: Mimicry Extension (v6.04)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phiolin
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v3.00)

Post by Phiolin » Thu, 21. May 20, 09:35

I'm seeing a ton (like dozens) of these on a new gamestart in debuglog:

Code: Select all

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Error in MD cue md.CivilianFleets_Signals.Signal_SyncOrders: Property lookup failed: global.$v1024_symbols_requestOrderSync
* Expression: global.$v1024_symbols_requestOrderSync
* Action: <signal_objects>, line 135
[=ERROR=] 0.00 Error in MD cue md.CivilianFleets_Signals.Signal_SyncOrders: Property lookup failed: global.$v1024_symbols_requestOrderSync
Not sure what's happening?

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 21. May 20, 13:56

Phiolin wrote:
Thu, 21. May 20, 09:35
I'm seeing a ton (like dozens) of these on a new gamestart in debuglog:

Not sure what's happening?
Supposedly these global variables should of been set when a game is loaded, so I can use them to signal things.

There is this common pitfall where modders would forget to also check for "new game starts". Perhaps this is the case...
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sat, 23. May 20, 22:21

Rather bizarre bug today. Only change in mods for me is I updated to the latest beta of FE.

Subordinates ONLY in a tatertrade fleet will only fill their cargo halfway or less with wares when making trades. The commander fills his ship completely as normal. ALL members of a tatertrade fleet seemingly get lost and wander around at times. I have them set trading out of Argon Prime buying and selling within 1 gate. Half the time I find them them in teladi space or some other rando sector way out in the boon docks derping around in random directions, even though their blue order lines clearly are pointing them back to their proper destination.

If I allow them to operate independently they work fine. As soon as I try to fleet them up with your mod they go into full derp mode.

Mining fleets seem to be working properly.

As I said I updated to the latest FE beta yesterday, and I think Better Piracy may have updated since then as well. Other than that nothing has changed on my end. :gruebel:
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 24. May 20, 05:47

shovelmonkey wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 22:21
Rather bizarre bug today. Only change in mods for me is I updated to the latest beta of FE.

Subordinates ONLY in a tatertrade fleet will only fill their cargo halfway or less with wares when making trades. The commander fills his ship completely as normal. ALL members of a tatertrade fleet seemingly get lost and wander around at times. I have them set trading out of Argon Prime buying and selling within 1 gate. Half the time I find them them in teladi space or some other rando sector way out in the boon docks derping around in random directions, even though their blue order lines clearly are pointing them back to their proper destination.

If I allow them to operate independently they work fine. As soon as I try to fleet them up with your mod they go into full derp mode.

As I said I updated to the latest FE beta yesterday, and I think Better Piracy may have updated since then as well. Other than that nothing has changed on my end. :gruebel:
Just to clarify, the FE mod is the Faction Enhancer mod?
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sun, 24. May 20, 05:48

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 05:47
shovelmonkey wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 22:21

Just to clarify, the FE mod is the Faction Enhancer mod?
Correct.
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 24. May 20, 06:10

At the first glance I don't see why the FE mod would suddenly mess with TaterTrade. What this mod does is to regularly copy commands over to other ships. Seeing that my side is copying the orders correctly, I don't think it is my side that is causing problems.

It is strange that it is only the TaterTrade that has problems; for example, I rarely see anyone report incompatibilities with the Mules mod.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 24. May 20, 06:35

I am using all except the War module of the FE mods on Steam, and also the Steam TaterTrade mod by DeadAirRT. It *seems* there are no problems because the newly-assigned subordinate of the TaterTrade fleet can very quickly identify a trade and undock to start trading.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sun, 24. May 20, 14:53

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 06:10
At the first glance I don't see why the FE mod would suddenly mess with TaterTrade. What this mod does is to regularly copy commands over to other ships. Seeing that my side is copying the orders correctly, I don't think it is my side that is causing problems.

It is strange that it is only the TaterTrade that has problems; for example, I rarely see anyone report incompatibilities with the Mules mod.
I have not progressed to the point where I need a mule, though I do have the mod installed. It is very odd as it worked fine two days ago.

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 06:35
I am using all except the War module of the FE mods on Steam, and also the Steam TaterTrade mod by DeadAirRT. It *seems* there are no problems because the newly-assigned subordinate of the TaterTrade fleet can very quickly identify a trade and undock to start trading.
In the respect you mention they do work fine; ie, traders undock and identify trades very quickly. The failures they exhibit are as previously stated, subordinates not even getting close to full loads and the entire fleet wanting to wander off in random directions even though they clearly have orders to fly to a particular station (in the opposite direction) to execute a trade. Operating as individuals (not in a civilian fleet) they work normally.

[ external image ]

As you can see the first ship in the list (commander) goes perfectly. The subordinates identify their trades quickly but only grab 391 units which is a little better than half of their cargo. And this is a mix of demeters and mercury's so it isn't some function in relation to their capacity. Exactly 391 units each. Very strange.

All this being said, I'm going to reload my save and tinker with some settings and start cutting my mod list to see if I can solve this by process of elimination. I'll let you know how it goes!
Last edited by shovelmonkey on Sun, 24. May 20, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 24. May 20, 15:39

shovelmonkey wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 14:53
If you are on 3.2 beta, it could cause some issues as I'm not supporting betas (especially ones that would break live functionality)

As to ships not following their projected path, that's a vanilla thing regarding blacklists.

The ships only partially filling may be caused by a bug that i fixed (i believe i updated the steam version with the fix too) or something else. The bug wasn't caused by civilian fleets but was triggered by tater being in a fleet.

Taters don't really care about how full they are, they just care about profit.
Last edited by DeadAirRT on Sun, 24. May 20, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sun, 24. May 20, 15:44

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 15:39
shovelmonkey wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 14:53
Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 06:10

I have not progressed to the point where I need a mule, though I do have the mod installed. It is very odd as it worked fine two days ago.

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 06:35
In the respect you mention they do work fine; ie, traders undock and identify trades very quickly. The failures they exhibit are as previously stated, subordinates not even getting close to full loads and the entire fleet wanting to wander off in random directions even though they clearly have orders to fly to a particular station (in the opposite direction) to execute a trade. Operating as individuals (not in a civilian fleet) they work normally.

All this being said, I'm going to reload my save and tinker with some settings and mods. I'll let you know how it goes!
If you are on 3.2 beta, it could cause some issues as I'm not supporting betas (especially ones that would break live functionality)

As to ships not following their projected path, that's a vanilla thing regarding blacklists.

The ships only partially filling may be caused by a bug that i fixed (i believe i updated the steam version with the fix too) or something else. Taters don't really care about how full they are, they just care about profit.
I edited my previous post with a picture of the ingame log. It's not that they are trying to maximize profit, I've seen them do that and I understand it. These tatertraders get exactly the same amount of cargo regardless of profit. They ONLY do it if in a Civilian Fleet. Tatertraders not in a fleet work perfect.

Also I have no blacklists in regards to the pathing issue. And again even with this they ONLY do it if in a civilian fleet.

Also, as far as tater or any of your other mods I always use the latest github versions, don't generally use steam unless I have to.
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 24. May 20, 15:54

shovelmonkey wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 15:44
I'll take a look at it. The reason they are all doing the trade is because they found it at the exact same time. I'll write up a fix for that today.

Just a heads up, i didn't realize that steam would still overwrite my GitHub versions (even with a higher version). Found the solution so it shouldn't be a problem anymore after my next round of patches.

And I'll take a look at the pathing issue. I think it is most likely due to the fact that fleets don't use highways. This actually would probably be best fixed in civilian fleets by a simple diff to some ai scripts. I'll write up a recommendation on stuff for vectorial.

Btw- thank you for the bug reports

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sun, 24. May 20, 15:59

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 15:54
shovelmonkey wrote:
I'll take a look at it. The reason they are all doing the trade is because they found it at the exact same time. I'll write up a fix for that today.

Just a heads up, i didn't realize that steam would still overwrite my GitHub versions (even with a higher version). Found the solution so it shouldn't be a problem anymore after my next round of patches.

And I'll take a look at the pathing issue. I think it is most likely due to the fact that fleets don't use highways. This actually would probably be best fixed in civilian fleets by a simple diff to some ai scripts. I'll write up a recommendation on stuff for vectorial.

Btw- thank you for the bug reports
Yeah, they all did it at the same time because I "shift" selected and assigned them to fleet at the same time in my test save :wink: . It is still, at anyrate, a reasonable view of how they would behave even had I not slammed them all into fleet at once.

That being said, thank you for looking into it. I love these mods and you guys (and most of the other modders in the community) put a great deal of work and care into them. Much love from a simple end user like myself!
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sun, 24. May 20, 16:44

DeadAirRT wrote:
shovelmonkey wrote:
Ok. So this gets stranger, for me anyways.

It doesn't seem to be any kind of mod conflict. So that's good. It seems that Civilian Fleets just doesn't like Argon Prime. If I run a tater fleet anchored on 2nd contact (also tried with grand exchange, 18 billion) with trades buying and selling within 1 gate all 8 members (commander and subordinates) quickly find trades and fill their holds. So I thought, "ok, maybe it's just a supply issue out of Argon Prime." Small tater fleet of just the commander and subordinate running 1/1 out of Argon Prime hits the same issue as before. Only the commander gets a full load and the subordinate only get a little better than half a load. As we saw from my screenshot earlier there IS enough supply for two ships to get two full loads at a healthy profit. If I keep all 8 ships independent and manually assign 1/1 tater behaviour (not manual trades, just the behaviour) out of Argon Prime they will ALL find full load trades.

So I am at a loss. Civilian Fleets hate Argon Prime.

I can rustle up some screenshots to back up my synopsis if you would like, but that is the situation... :gruebel:
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Mon, 25. May 20, 17:50

DeadAirRT wrote:
shovelmonkey wrote:

There is a feature in Civilian Fleets where, when ships are to sync orders, they receive a random delay from 0.1 seconds up to 5 seconds. This was to spread out the order sync requests to prevent the sudden order sync spike from harming performance. For example, for a fleet with 30 civilian subordinates, instead of everybody rushing to sync at the same moment, the 30 requests are somewhat evenly distributed over the time frame of approximately 5 seconds.

Not sure if this would alleviate TaterTrade's issue of "everyone finding the same trade at the same time".
shovelmonkey wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 16:44
Ok. So this gets stranger, for me anyways.

It doesn't seem to be any kind of mod conflict. So that's good. It seems that Civilian Fleets just doesn't like Argon Prime. If I run a tater fleet anchored on 2nd contact (also tried with grand exchange, 18 billion) with trades buying and selling within 1 gate all 8 members (commander and subordinates) quickly find trades and fill their holds. So I thought, "ok, maybe it's just a supply issue out of Argon Prime." Small tater fleet of just the commander and subordinate running 1/1 out of Argon Prime hits the same issue as before. Only the commander gets a full load and the subordinate only get a little better than half a load. As we saw from my screenshot earlier there IS enough supply for two ships to get two full loads at a healthy profit. If I keep all 8 ships independent and manually assign 1/1 tater behaviour (not manual trades, just the behaviour) out of Argon Prime they will ALL find full load trades.

So I am at a loss. Civilian Fleets hate Argon Prime.

I can rustle up some screenshots to back up my synopsis if you would like, but that is the situation...
I think I scrolled past a Reddit post recently about something similar... the OP there was complaining that their HQ Teleportation Range is not working as intended. Eventually, people concluded that it must have been EgoSoft's bug: for some reason, if there are superhighway-hexagons within a cluster-hexagon (e.g. Hativah's Choice with 2 superhighway-hexagons within the same "Hatikvah's Choice" abstract cluster-hexagon), gate distance calculation will go wonky where e.g. I can count from A to B as having 1 distance but the reverse (from B to A) is e.g. 2 distance (a.k.a. not commutative). So, not my fault.

I mean, the Civilian Fleets mod, if you rip away all the fancy wrapping and look at the real core, is just an automated script that sets the subordinates' default behavior for you. What happens when the subordinates receive the default behavior, CF has no idea.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 25. May 20, 18:01

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 17:50

I mean, the Civilian Fleets mod, if you rip away all the fancy wrapping and look at the real core, is just an automated script that sets the subordinates' default behavior for you. What happens when the subordinates receive the default behavior, CF has no idea.
Yeah, I had figured as such. To make issues all the more bizarre, started a new game and worked like a champ. Switched over to my DeadAirGate save, played for 10 hours worked absolutely fantastic.

IDK. Egosoft and their wonkery. At anyrate still love the game and loving the mod.

On a side note, a page or so back I had asked you about automated renaming of fleet to correlate with their activity and anchor space. At that point, with multiple hundreds of hours into the game, I had never noticed the "Rename Fleet" option...so the derp is strong in me as well! :doh:
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Mon, 25. May 20, 18:16

shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 18:01

On a side note, a page or so back I had asked you about automated renaming of fleet to correlate with their activity and anchor space. At that point, with multiple hundreds of hours into the game, I had never noticed the "Rename Fleet" option...so the derp is strong in me as well! :doh:
I remember someone asking about fleet names with warebaskets, but I can't remember who asked ... *awkward face* I'm not very good with this kind of memory, you see...

And just a few moments ago, someone asked on GitHub about only adding the anchor space. I think adding only the anchor space is more doable than adding the warebasket:

https://github.com/Vectorial1024/v1024_ ... /issues/30

And yes... real life leaks into here... no use pretending that it doesn't. Face it. Real life is affecting the development of this mod by lethal levels, and I have absolutely no stake, control, or choice in it.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Mon, 25. May 20, 18:24

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 18:16
shovelmonkey wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 18:01

I remember someone asking about fleet names with warebaskets, but I can't remember who asked ... *awkward face* I'm not very good with this kind of memory, you see...

And just a few moments ago, someone asked on GitHub about only adding the anchor space. I think adding only the anchor space is more doable than adding the warebasket:

https://github.com/Vectorial1024/v1024_ ... /issues/30

And yes... real life leaks into here... no use pretending that it doesn't. Face it. Real life is affecting the development of this mod by lethal levels, and I have absolutely no stake, control, or choice in it.
Well the only reason I had requested the feature is because I was simply not aware of the fact you could rename your fleets manually. Since I've learned that I really have no need for an automated renaming as I have the current function turned off anyways in extension options. My ADD is as such that I am super finicky with my naming conventions for fleets and ships so I'd just end up renaming them anyways.
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

BoostHungry

Post by BoostHungry » Wed, 27. May 20, 02:42

*EDIT* Hiding this post as I found the issue. The complete game lock-up I experienced seems to be caused by the Faction Rebalance Mods (as reported in that mod's forum thread). I will leave the original post hidden as I do still see the error message below so I have instead modified my local files to remove the failing if check since I know my current state and I know I want to execute that line.

Original Post:
Spoiler
Show
Updated to 3.2 Beta 2 and I'm getting this error in the logs right before a complete game lock up without recovery:

[=ERROR=] 155729.02 Error in MD cue md.CivilianFleets_Signals.Signal_SyncOrders<inst:eae7c>: Property lookup failed: global.$v1024_flags_hasRightClickAPI
* Expression: not global.$v1024_flags_hasRightClickAPI
* Action: <do_if>, line 249
[General] 155729.02 ======================================
[General] 155729.14 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 155729.14 Error in MD cue md.CivilianFleets_Signals.Signal_SyncOrders<inst:eae88>: Property lookup failed: global.$v1024_flags_hasRightClickAPI
This is reproducible three times in a row about 2-3 minutes after loading my save. I have not looked at the logs before this situation so I do not know if this log message is normal.

I'm running Civilian Fleets 3.0 obtained from NexusMods. I have SirNukes Mod Support API (from GitHub) but I do not have the Right Click API (which isn't needed as per description of this mod).

*Edit:* I notice that someone else posted about this on new game start but sounds like their game did not crash. So maybe this isn't the cause? Or still possibly? Dunno.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 27. May 20, 11:14

BoostHungry wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 02:42
*EDIT* Hiding this post as I found the issue. The complete game lock-up I experienced seems to be caused by the Faction Rebalance Mods (as reported in that mod's forum thread). I will leave the original post hidden as I do still see the error message below so I have instead modified my local files to remove the failing if check since I know my current state and I know I want to execute that line.

Original Post:
Spoiler
Show
Updated to 3.2 Beta 2 and I'm getting this error in the logs right before a complete game lock up without recovery:

[=ERROR=] 155729.02 Error in MD cue md.CivilianFleets_Signals.Signal_SyncOrders<inst:eae7c>: Property lookup failed: global.$v1024_flags_hasRightClickAPI
[General] 155729.02 ======================================
[General] 155729.14 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 155729.14 Error in MD cue md.CivilianFleets_Signals.Signal_SyncOrders<inst:eae88>: Property lookup failed: global.$v1024_flags_hasRightClickAPI
This is reproducible three times in a row about 2-3 minutes after loading my save. I have not looked at the logs before this situation so I do not know if this log message is normal.

I'm running Civilian Fleets 3.0 obtained from NexusMods. I have SirNukes Mod Support API (from GitHub) but I do not have the Right Click API (which isn't needed as per description of this mod).

*Edit:* I notice that someone else posted about this on new game start but sounds like their game did not crash. So maybe this isn't the cause? Or still possibly? Dunno.
Ah, actually, upon closer inspection, the v1024_flags_hasRightClickAPI global variable should not be used in my mod anymore... it gotta be replaced by something else, or straight up be removed.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

noblejms

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v3.03)

Post by noblejms » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 10:13

Hello, this looks like a really great mod and exactly what I need at the moment. However I have some questions:

1. When I select a miner and right-click on another miner, I did see the "Mine for commander" option. However after the subordinate got assigned to the commander, the subordinate's behavior just shows "Escort" only and there's no mining order queue up for the subordinate. I'm not sure why, is it because I installed the "Mod Support API" incorrectly? When I installed the "Mod Support API", I downloaded the zip file and just unzip the folder into the game's "Extension" folder, in the same folder as this mod. Did I do it correctly?

2. What happens if your commander is set to Expert Automine, but its subordinate only is a 1-star captain and supposedly can only do Sector Automine? Does the civilian fleet needs to be composed of ships commanded by captains of the same tier (like everyone in the fleet can do Expert Automine)?

3. If I assign military ships to escort the commander of a civilian fleet, do those military ships only escort the commander or will be assigned to the subordinates as well?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”