[MOD] Mules Extension (Supply Mule)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ramokthan
x4

[MOD] Mules Extension (Supply Mule)

Post by Ramokthan » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 10:19

Tired of seeing your factories not working because crucial wares are missing?
No more to worry, Supplier Mule handles this with grace.

This Mod adds a role for trading ships to supply your station network as fast as possible with needed wares.
Configurable.

It is a standalone. Which means you dont have to run the Mules and Warehouses mod to be able to use this mod.
You can also safely run this mod along any other mod, including the original Mules Mod.
But supporting the Original Mules mod which served as inspiration to this Mod is appreciated.

Savegame compatible, Install and removal has no negative impacts.

Download links:
Mules Extensions (Nexusmods)
Mules Extensions (Steam Workshop)

The mod uses another little mod of mine, which i split from this one so others can utilize the generalized tool in their mods too:
quicksort
(Update: this is already integrated in the Mule and there is NO DEPENDENCY anymore!)

What the Supplier Mule does
  • First he tries to serve building sites if configured so.
  • He buys the configured wares on all player known stations.
  • If configured he will only buy from player owned stations.
  • He will respect global Sector/Faction bans!
  • You can assing him to a Station, whether its a warehouse, a NPC station or a factory doesnt matter.
  • He will serve ALL your stations, unless configured for dedicated supply, starting with the most needed wares.
  • He does not serve NPC stations, unless assinged to one, and made a dedicated trader for it.
What the Supplier Mule does not
  • Sell produced wares (to NPC)
  • Cheat
The Supplier Mule is designed for supplying your stations as efficient as possible with wares in demand. In Most cases this means buying the wares your station needs from NPC stations without caring about the price.

Features
  • The Supplier Mule Manages his warelist depending on your settings, If you dont set any Wares he will either use all wares or uses the wares his commanding station needs.
  • He will prioritize supplying wares high in need, satisfying this ones first if possible.
  • While searching for supplies he will prioritize big stocks, means he fills his cargo as fast as possible.
  • He can pick up multiple wares and buy from multiple stations until his cargo is full, selling the picked up wares at the destination all at once, this especially makes him extremely efficient.
  • Mass assingment is possible. Set up one Mule and copy his orders by order other ships of same type to defend. All the assinged ship will take over the masters orders.
Setup the Mule by selecting a new default role ME1- Supplier Mule

Settings
  • Source Station: Relevant if you pick "Assign ship to source" or "Serve source only", else doesnt matter at all
  • Assign ship to source: Sets the Source as this ships commander, meaning it will be listed under this stations subordinates, but will do its job without any interferences of said station.
    Note: Once assinged it will trade using the source stations money and since the mule is not supposed to make profit he can use up its money pretty fast, be aware of that.
  • Serve source only: Mule will only buy for Source station, means he wont serve any other station. Exception is the Builder mode explainer later.
  • Own Stations only: Buys from own stations only. Useful to setup a resource distribution within your Network.
  • Max Trades: This is the maximum number of trades it will do in one run, However if will be likely do less. It defines internally the minimum trade volume to be met so he accepts a single trade. The bigger the limit the less trades he needs to fill its cargo.
  • Max Jumps: Maximum distance it searches for trades
  • Builder: Prioritizes supplying build sites, is not affected by "Serve source only"
Once configured the should start working within a minute.

Like any other mules, he does not care about pricing, so in some cases you can actually lose money or at least do no profit.
Mules are not designed for that so dont ask for it. :-)

Tips:
You can use the SupplyMule to deliver Ship building wares in the early game to NPC shipyards dedicated, making them actually build your ordered ships fast.

It can also completely replace the original StationMule completely if you let him only buy from own stations and do not set a home station, thus he will do (almost) exactly the same as the Station Mule.

Experiment a bit with the Settings, which are also mostly self explanatory and not that many.
I tried to keep it simple.

Bugs and helping Debugging:
If you encounter unexpected behaviour please try to provide a Debug file:
Start your game with starting options "-scriptlogfiles"
Search the log file of your trader (Name and ID) found in "C:\Users\*user*\Documents\Egosoft\X4\*gameid*\logs\mulesextension"
Last edited by Ramokthan on Fri, 19. Jul 19, 09:27, edited 6 times in total.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [MOD] Mules Extension (Supply Mule)

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 20:03

For a Mule like me its unclear how to install that quicksort mod to work with this mod?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 21:03

If you subscribe to the mod in steam workshop you will get prompted for subscribing to the quicksort too since it is a dependency.
if you use Nexusmods there is a link in the description (dropdown: requirements) to the quicksort mod as a dependency too, you can download if you follow that link.

If you install manually you can just install the quicksort manually too. they will just work together when they are both installed and activated.

Nevertheless i made the Mule script that way it does not break even if the quicksort is not installed or activated, but it will work significantly better with it, of course.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 21:23

Thank you, I did install your mod but then It didn't have that dependency,

Have to say its better then the original :D, easier and more options with less UI, that copy thing saved me a lot of clicks
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 22:20

Thank you for your Opinion, highly appreciated.

i know its a bit fuzz with that dependency, i could have integrated it into the mod, but i thought other devs may find a general sort function very useful since (at least me didnt find) there is no general sort function.

Like i said tho, the Mule does WORK without (quicksort) it, but not as good as with. On Nexusmods there is the old version which doesn't use the quicksort.

It is noticable in how the Mule prioritizes delivers to Stations. Since i have to rely on built in sort functions when the Quicksort mod is missing and they are not returning optimal results in all cases (and i do know nothing about their performance) i thought of that new sort which opens up a bunch new options to prioritize/sort for then vanilla.

I don't like much UI too, even tho i tried to do that copy thing more comfortable like instant copy even when the commander is busy... but unfortunately i did not manage it yet.
If you assing them to a ship to copy its presets you need to wait till the master has finisched its job (or stop it manually, which i only recommend when he just started his job, and has nothing in cargo yet, else it gets messed up a bit).

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 22:37

now I get what it does :D

the best way to copy is have them already defending the the master and then you issue the mule on the commander, instant copy to all

stll have them all in master list and its 50 of them, they all supply npc shipyards

we need groups, i hope ego puts that feature

only thing your missing is the option to select where to supply from, if I have 2 or more stations but some are for my own shipyards and some are for npc for example, or even to make a supply chain in early game like put 1 on shipyard, second to supply hull factory, third to supply graphine and so on

EDIT: yea the above I think I can use the original mule so its nevermind

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Sun, 7. Jul 19, 23:07

Yes, it is kinda intended it does not feature all functionalities the Original Mule provide.

But as said in description there is a little trick to set up the Supply Mule as a Supply chain Mule.

Variants:
Do not select a Home station
Check "Own Stations only"

This will force the supply mule to buy from own stations only, and since he is not assinged to a station specific he will only sell to own stations too, meaning he will buy products of your stations and deliver them to your stations who need them.
Of course this way he will utilize your whole network of stations.

If you want him Supply only ONE of your stations, simply do Variant 2:
Select the Station you want to dedicately supply as Home station.
Check "Serve source only"
Check "Own Stations only"

This way he will buy the needs of his home station at only your owned stations, and deliver it only to the selected station.

Unfortunately there is no way to say him to buy at only one specific station and deliver it to one specific station, this is only possible with the Station Mule of the Warehouse mod.
But since he can prioritize and if your station network is not too big yet he is easily able to keep several of your stations running without you having to worry if one station has enough Suppliers assinged if he is not "Serve Source only"

My most common Usecases for my Mod are:

This i call the "Buyer Mule":
I set a Home station
checked "Serve source only"
uncheck "Own Stations only"
uncheck "Builder"

He will mostly buy from NPC but not exclusively the wares an fills the stocks of its Home.
I use this for my shipyard (especially) and in early game also for my warehouse to buy resources i do not yet produce like Medicine or Food etc.

This i call the "Builder Mule":
I set a home station (i use my Shipyard, bc this always has enough money)
I check "Assing to Source"
(both this settings are just to tidy up my ship list, note this will use up the home stations money, so make sure it earns enough or supply it with funds)

I DO NOT check "Serve source only"
check "Builder"
Select Hullparts and Claytronics and Energycells only as wares.

This Mule does almost all work of building delivery work.

A little pic of the work
Spoiler
Show
This i call the "Supplier Mule":
I set a home station (i use my HQ)
I check "Assing to Source"
(both this settings are just to tidy up my ship list, money is no issue here, so HQ does not need to have money (or at least little))

check "Own Stations only"
I DO NOT check "Serve source only"

optionally check builder (i have, but its also great without)

This Mule will pick up all products you produce in your station networks and delivers it to the station which needs them as a resource.
The prioritizing applies, so he will fill the most needed stocks first and will pick up from stocks which have most wares.

Note: if you dont do "Serve source only" he is able to freely decide which station he serves first, this is handy to supply a network of stations without worrying to have Mules assinged to every station (like the StationMule of the Warehouse Mod).

Of course you can configure like you need on your usecase, but this are actually the usecases i designed the SupplyMule.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please don't hesitate.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 11:21

hi loving your mod , wen I updated to your new version with the extension I took a massive frame rate hit from about 96 fps to 13 fps and it stuck there ,I have a lot of mods in game ,old version works fine ,also had game freeze for the first time ever without the extension installed ,

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 11:29

yes, it happened to me yesterday, tanks to 1fps,it was late so didn't test without that dependency quicksort

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 11:56

i will look into that... usually is should have less performance impact... strange.

I made some tests and i did not find any heavy performance impacts. (without quicksort: empty sector: ~80 FPS/ Full Sector: ~23FPS, with quicksort same values, monitored over 15 minutes each, around 30 ships with that script running)

However i will try to implement a system to monitor the script load.

Edit:
My monitor attempt confirmes the quicksort is actually very slow, taking up a lot of time.
This may not be caused by the algorithm itself but the way it is implemented into the script, working on a solution.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 19:44

I had the version from nexus before you put the dependency and all was working great

yesterday I deleted that and subscribed to the one on the workshop and the quicksort

the game tanks to 1 fps, ok I deleted the quicksort but now it hangs after half a minute, it just stops working

removed the mules extension and all is fine so far

can you upload the previous version somewhere?

EDIT: found the previous version on nexus and so far all is as before working great

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 20:07

Yes i am right now at this moment working on a fix, i have to rewrite the algorithm.

Without getting into much detail: Its really not the algorithms fault but the way how XML script works.

Edit:
I worked whole day and half a night but im not quite finished yet.
please be patient, will continue working on it today.

Edit2:
I have finally a fix on the way. I test and confirm and then i will update.

Edit3:
Update released on nexus and steam
Thanks for your patience

Its now 1 million times faster (not kidding)

before:
Spoiler
Show
Script used up: 12.7462 seconds
now:
Spoiler
Show
Script used up: 0 seconds

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Mon, 17. Feb 20, 22:00

Love this script, but I'm facing two problems which, when combined, make it a pain to recover form.

The first is that even with 'builder' unchecked, I've found mules waiting in a queue to provide building materials.

So I thought fine, I'll cancel everything and refresh the whole lot of orders. Except that's where the second problem comes in - if a mule has something in it's cargo hold when it comes to start up, it will blithely ignore the 'own stations only command' and go off trying to trade with NPC stations, even ones that are outwith the range I have specified (which in this case is one, shipyard in Nap VI, feeder factories in Nap II). The first time I spent about 30 minutes manually shifting the wares of 90 mules until they were empty, and then they started going mad again. It seems whenever it hits 'searching for trades' with something in it's inventory, first start or if something gets filled up at a drop off maybe, it does the whole 'LOL I'm off on a fun little trip' thing. It does make me laugh thinking the pilot is just off on a jolly! :mrgreen:

So this time it's actually quicker for me to sell all my ships and rebuild them than it is to sort them all out. Hopefully they will calm down once they see what happened to their predecessors :shock:

There is a third thing, more of a request, but now Civilian Fleets mod is working wonderfully, any chance you could make it work for this? As far as I can tell, and I may be mistaken, at the moment you are doing the order issuing yourself, and when the orders get updated, the subordinate gets shifted back to the same place in the hierarchy as the leader. It would be nice to have everyone in a civilian fleet instead.

Steve

EDIT Just put a whole new load of mules to work, no builder set, but they are trying to give stuff to the builder :-( I'm running 3.0 btw. EDIT: Yup, just stared at the logs, it doesn't do a specific build search, but the rest of the search includes builds anyway:
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

ScriptStart
found subordinates: 0
 Setting subordinates used up: 0 Seconds
 Selling leftover cargo used up: 0 Seconds
Define wares
 Setting Warebasket used up: 0 Seconds
Continue with regular Demands
 Finding supply needs used up: 0 Seconds
 Sorting needs used up: 0 Seconds
 Sorted Objects: WBW-411 Ware: energycells Value: 1000 Demand: 4896 Max Store: 4896
 Sorted Objects: NAH-120 Ware: foodrations Value: 1000 Demand: 66015 Max Store: 66015
 Sorted Objects: NAH-120 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 1000 Demand: 39609 Max Store: 39609
 Sorted Objects: AHR-402 Ware: foodrations Value: 1000 Demand: 10530 Max Store: 10530
 Sorted Objects: AHR-402 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 1000 Demand: 6318 Max Store: 6318
 Sorted Objects: QBU-346 Ware: foodrations Value: 1000 Demand: 25785 Max Store: 25785
 Sorted Objects: QBU-346 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 1000 Demand: 15471 Max Store: 15471
 Sorted Objects: ZSJ-735 Ware: foodrations Value: 1000 Demand: 11475 Max Store: 11475
 Sorted Objects: ZSJ-735 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 1000 Demand: 6885 Max Store: 6885
 Sorted Objects: HVD-327 Ware: foodrations Value: 1000 Demand: 39150 Max Store: 39150
 Sorted Objects: HVD-327 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 1000 Demand: 23490 Max Store: 23490
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: weaponcomponents Value: 997.859 Demand: 313183 Max Store: 313855
 Sorted Objects: HVD-327 Ware: scanningarrays Value: 988.558 Demand: 55210 Max Store: 55849
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 987.76 Demand: 99744 Max Store: 100980
 Sorted Objects: BCD-543 Ware: hullparts Value: 977.143 Demand: 342 Max Store: 350
 Sorted Objects: AHR-402 Ware: refinedmetals Value: 950.302 Demand: 420213 Max Store: 442189
 Sorted Objects: TKU-963 Ware: energycells Value: 941.116 Demand: 3676 Max Store: 3906
 Sorted Objects: HVD-327 Ware: siliconwafers Value: 932.823 Demand: 173659 Max Store: 186165
 Sorted Objects: AHR-402 Ware: energycells Value: 808.829 Demand: 894140 Max Store: 1105474
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: hullparts Value: 797.478 Demand: 1032972 Max Store: 1295299
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: energycells Value: 780.429 Demand: 2782078 Max Store: 3564805
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: shieldcomponents Value: 776.877 Demand: 47809 Max Store: 61540
 Sorted Objects: IWO-299 Ware: quantumtubes Value: 772.322 Demand: 72019 Max Store: 93250
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: scanningarrays Value: 768.526 Demand: 83239 Max Store: 108310
 Sorted Objects: IWO-299 Ware: plasmaconductors Value: 764.866 Demand: 64840 Max Store: 84773
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: advancedelectronics Value: 762.252 Demand: 206212 Max Store: 270530
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: antimatterconverters Value: 758.317 Demand: 1953948 Max Store: 2576690
 Sorted Objects: IWO-299 Ware: graphene Value: 751.104 Demand: 210122 Max Store: 279751
 Sorted Objects: IWO-299 Ware: superfluidcoolant Value: 745.259 Demand: 208487 Max Store: 279751
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: fieldcoils Value: 743.465 Demand: 75035 Max Store: 100926
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: advancedcomposites Value: 735.915 Demand: 2717 Max Store: 3692
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: smartchips Value: 700.109 Demand: 699698 Max Store: 999413
 Sorted Objects: HVD-327 Ware: microchips Value: 681.868 Demand: 25388 Max Store: 37233
 Sorted Objects: HVD-327 Ware: energycells Value: 681.801 Demand: 634640 Max Store: 930829
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: turretcomponents Value: 667.944 Demand: 32062 Max Store: 48001
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: engineparts Value: 631.877 Demand: 630729 Max Store: 998183
 Sorted Objects: NAH-120 Ware: energycells Value: 630.606 Demand: 455582 Max Store: 722451
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: dronecomponents Value: 608.761 Demand: 13786 Max Store: 22646
 Sorted Objects: HVD-327 Ware: refinedmetals Value: 605.917 Demand: 169201 Max Store: 279248
 Sorted Objects: EPA-455 Ware: graphene Value: 605.102 Demand: 188189 Max Store: 311004
 Sorted Objects: WFC-099 Ware: refinedmetals Value: 594.518 Demand: 148598 Max Store: 249947
 Sorted Objects: HVD-327 Ware: engineparts Value: 589.961 Demand: 21966 Max Store: 37233
 Sorted Objects: EPA-455 Ware: superfluidcoolant Value: 562.24 Demand: 174859 Max Store: 311004
 Sorted Objects: AHR-402 Ware: siliconwafers Value: 505.732 Demand: 223629 Max Store: 442189
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: missilecomponents Value: 483.447 Demand: 190409 Max Store: 393857
 Sorted Objects: NAH-120 Ware: antimattercells Value: 415.881 Demand: 110166 Max Store: 264898
 Sorted Objects: NAH-120 Ware: refinedmetals Value: 405.543 Demand: 126960 Max Store: 313062
 Sorted Objects: EPA-455 Ware: energycells Value: 401.038 Demand: 453544 Max Store: 1130924
 Sorted Objects: WFC-099 Ware: graphene Value: 392.414 Demand: 67432 Max Store: 171839
 Sorted Objects: EPA-455 Ware: plasmaconductors Value: 375.627 Demand: 28320 Max Store: 75394
 Sorted Objects: WFC-099 Ware: energycells Value: 357.291 Demand: 446521 Max Store: 1249739
 Sorted Objects: IWO-299 Ware: energycells Value: 340.905 Demand: 346795 Max Store: 1017278
 Sorted Objects: SZY-754 Ware: foodrations Value: 302.709 Demand: 50946 Max Store: 168300
 Sorted Objects: HVD-327 Ware: hullparts Value: 294.299 Demand: 15021 Max Store: 51040
 Sorted Objects: EPA-455 Ware: quantumtubes Value: 197.988 Demand: 20525 Max Store: 103668
 Sorted Objects: HPW-316 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 166.667 Demand: 1350 Max Store: 8100
 Sorted Objects: PYA-437 Ware: foodrations Value: 154.665 Demand: 25348 Max Store: 163890
 Sorted Objects: FMZ-729 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 153.385 Demand: 4013 Max Store: 26163
 Sorted Objects: FMZ-729 Ware: foodrations Value: 153.377 Demand: 6688 Max Store: 43605
 Sorted Objects: NNQ-028 Ware: foodrations Value: 134.356 Demand: 74856 Max Store: 557145
 Sorted Objects: NNQ-028 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 101.568 Demand: 33953 Max Store: 334287
 Sorted Objects: PYA-437 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 77.5418 Demand: 7625 Max Store: 98334
 Sorted Objects: WFC-099 Ware: advancedcomposites Value: 44.7012 Demand: 3296 Max Store: 73734
 Sorted Objects: QBU-346 Ware: microchips Value: 19.6892 Demand: 204 Max Store: 10361
 Sorted Objects: QBU-346 Ware: scanningarrays Value: 18.3398 Demand: 95 Max Store: 5180
 Sorted Objects: FMZ-729 Ware: siliconwafers Value: 14.6382 Demand: 1244 Max Store: 84983
 Sorted Objects: AQA-431 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 3.42673 Demand: 34 Max Store: 9922
 Sorted Objects: MIM-591 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 0.442271 Demand: 35 Max Store: 79137
 Sorted Objects: MIM-591 Ware: foodrations Value: 0.303272 Demand: 40 Max Store: 131895
 Sorted Objects: IWO-299 Ware: foodrations Value: 0 Demand: 0 Max Store: 33750
 Sorted Objects: IWO-299 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 0 Demand: 0 Max Store: 20250
 Sorted Objects: WFC-099 Ware: foodrations Value: 0 Demand: 0 Max Store: 5400
 Sorted Objects: WFC-099 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 0 Demand: 0 Max Store: 3240
 Sorted Objects: LUW-515 Ware: foodrations Value: 0 Demand: 0 Max Store: 11565
 Sorted Objects: LUW-515 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 0 Demand: 0 Max Store: 6939
 Sorted Objects: EPA-455 Ware: foodrations Value: 0 Demand: 0 Max Store: 11880
 Sorted Objects: EPA-455 Ware: medicalsupplies Value: 0 Demand: 0 Max Store: 7128
 Finding sell offers used up: 0 Seconds
 Found Station need offers: 77 Warebasket count: 39 Sellers found: 69
Buyer: Build Storage WBW-411 Ware Required: energycells RequiredAmount: 4896
Seller: Nopileos's Fortune Gatekeeper 2 FQB-473 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 4896 Trade amount: 4896 Already bought Wares: 0 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 4896 Seller offer: 188572 Stocklevel: 0.188572
 Add Ware : energycells Amount: 4896
 Query Buy: : energycells Amount: 4896 DesiredAmount left: 4896
 New occupied space : 4896 MaxSpace: 9480
Seller: Turret Components QBU-346 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 124554 Stocklevel: 0.480837
Seller: Medical Supplies BXP-450 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 121567 Stocklevel: 0.365334
Seller: Weapon Components ZSJ-735 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 98252 Stocklevel: 0.392357
Seller: Claytronics NNQ-028 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 78455 Stocklevel: 0.0589805
Seller: Smart Chips LUW-515 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 59831 Stocklevel: 0.14914
Seller: Nopileos's Fortune Gatekeeper 1 XNM-121 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 56561 Stocklevel: 0.380004
Seller: Advanced Composites HPW-316 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 53947 Stocklevel: 0.189998
Seller: Advanced Electronics FMZ-729 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 49840 Stocklevel: 0.234588
Seller: Hull Parts MIM-591 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 49827 Stocklevel: 0.0309317
Seller: Antimatter Converters PYA-437 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 37106 Stocklevel: 0.173259
Seller: Food Rations AQA-431 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 0 Trade amount: 0 Already bought Wares: 4896 Desired amount 4896 Desired amount left: 0 Seller offer: 4194 Stocklevel: 0.0234917
Buyer: Engine Parts NAH-120 Ware Required: foodrations RequiredAmount: 66015
Seller: Food Rations AQA-431 Min trade cargo:  270.857 Buy cargo space requirement: 4584 Trade amount: 4584 Already bought Wares: 0 Desired amount 66015 Desired amount left: 66015 Seller offer: 815778 Stocklevel: 0.911575
 Add Ware : foodrations Amount: 4584
 Query Buy: : foodrations Amount: 4584 DesiredAmount left: 66015
 New occupied space : 9480 MaxSpace: 9480
Cargo full, skipping
Cargo full, skipping
 Query Sell: : energycells Target:  Build Storage WBW-411 Amount 4896
 Query Sell: : foodrations Target:  Engine Parts NAH-120 Amount 4584
 Finding trade routes used up: 0 seconds
 Script used up: 0  seconds
EDIT Found another problem. I know it's not probably a bug with the script, more something to do with the main game, but it caused every single mule I had to stop, and they wouldn't restart, even after resinstalling and clean saving and everything. I eventually found the problem when I searched the logs.

Sorted Objects: IWO-299 Ware: smartchips Value: 20000 Demand: 20 Max Store: 0
 Sorted Objects: IWO-299 Ware: dronecomponents Value: 2000 Demand: 2 Max Store: 0
This caused the script to then spit out

Buyer: Field Coils IWO-299 Ware Required: smartchips RequiredAmount: 20
Demand too little: smartchips
I'm not sure where the 'max store: 0' comes in, because there is plenty of storage space in the station, but the manager might not have assigned storage space for it (which is why I say it's nothing to do with the script). Maybe you could catch that problem though so the whole network doesn't come to a standstill? To solve it I just reduced the drones target the station had set to what it currently had, then restarted the mule, everything seems to work now. Going to test the other problems and stare at the logs, too.

EDIT: It seems to not be catching building supplies, saying "Demand too little". There is no "demand too little" for building supplies XD If it doesn't get filled, it won't build! In fact I'd argue there is no demand too little for anything in a supply fleet for own stations. I'd like my stations to work :-)

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sat, 22. Feb 20, 03:43

Currently, this and the full/official Mules & Warehouses mods that are floating around all suffer the same bug with docking and que orders, in Beta 3.0 which you will need to remove the Move.Order.xml file from either mod.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Wed, 26. Feb 20, 19:20

Misunderstood Wookie wrote:
Sat, 22. Feb 20, 03:43
Currently, this and the full/official Mules & Warehouses mods that are floating around all suffer the same bug with docking and que orders, in Beta 3.0 which you will need to remove the Move.Order.xml file from either mod.
I have tried this the mod wont activate

Dani_Gecko
x4

Post by Dani_Gecko » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 22:35

Hello there!

I have a few stations with a theme (i.e. station building materials, ship building essentials, hull parts, and so on) and I would like to assign a bunch (10ish) of my boas to each station. Is there a way, I can copy over the exact same settings to other ships so I don't have to select the trade goods every time I add another ship to the station again and again?

Not sure if this is still maintained, and if requests are even accepted, but here would be one: In tater trader, there is an option to load presets of ware groups. This is kind of how I themed and designed my stations. Would it be possible to add presets to the mule, too? The obvious benefit would be that ware groups like station building or ship building can be assigned to a mule with one click. But a more elaborate use could be to define your own ware groups (don't mind an extra *.txt or *.json for that) and select them from in-game.

Anyways, I do like the mod and I am using it. Probably not as much as it would be worth but it feels incredibly tedious to set up 20 individual transport ships every time I finish an additional station.

Cheers!

Munchiesman93
x4

Post by Munchiesman93 » Wed, 24. Nov 21, 15:04

Try this https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/740 - HJ - Copy Behavior

Might not work with all the Default Behaviors but still a good QoL Mod.

(my first post yay!)

Dani_Gecko
x4

Post by Dani_Gecko » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 20:22

I am honored you share this mod with me in your first post!

Much appreciated!

Munchiesman93
x4

Post by Munchiesman93 » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 20:52

No Problem, glad i could help :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”