No more to worry, Supplier Mule handles this with grace.
This Mod adds a role for trading ships to supply your station network as fast as possible with needed wares.
It is a standalone. Which means you dont have to run the Mules and Warehouses mod to be able to use this mod.
You can also safely run this mod along any other mod, including the original Mules Mod.
But supporting the Original Mules mod which served as inspiration to this Mod is appreciated.
Savegame compatible, Install and removal has no negative impacts.
Mules Extensions (Nexusmods)
Mules Extensions (Steam Workshop)
The mod uses another little mod of mine, which i split from this one so others can utilize the generalized tool in their mods too:
(Update: this is already integrated in the Mule and there is NO DEPENDENCY anymore!)
What the Supplier Mule does
- First he tries to serve building sites if configured so.
- He buys the configured wares on all player known stations.
- If configured he will only buy from player owned stations.
- He will respect global Sector/Faction bans!
- You can assing him to a Station, whether its a warehouse, a NPC station or a factory doesnt matter.
- He will serve ALL your stations, unless configured for dedicated supply, starting with the most needed wares.
- He does not serve NPC stations, unless assinged to one, and made a dedicated trader for it.
- Sell produced wares (to NPC)
- The Supplier Mule Manages his warelist depending on your settings, If you dont set any Wares he will either use all wares or uses the wares his commanding station needs.
- He will prioritize supplying wares high in need, satisfying this ones first if possible.
- While searching for supplies he will prioritize big stocks, means he fills his cargo as fast as possible.
- He can pick up multiple wares and buy from multiple stations until his cargo is full, selling the picked up wares at the destination all at once, this especially makes him extremely efficient.
- Mass assingment is possible. Set up one Mule and copy his orders by order other ships of same type to defend. All the assinged ship will take over the masters orders.
- Source Station: Relevant if you pick "Assign ship to source" or "Serve source only", else doesnt matter at all
- Assign ship to source: Sets the Source as this ships commander, meaning it will be listed under this stations subordinates, but will do its job without any interferences of said station.
Note: Once assinged it will trade using the source stations money and since the mule is not supposed to make profit he can use up its money pretty fast, be aware of that.
- Serve source only: Mule will only buy for Source station, means he wont serve any other station. Exception is the Builder mode explainer later.
- Own Stations only: Buys from own stations only. Useful to setup a resource distribution within your Network.
- Max Trades: This is the maximum number of trades it will do in one run, However if will be likely do less. It defines internally the minimum trade volume to be met so he accepts a single trade. The bigger the limit the less trades he needs to fill its cargo.
- Max Jumps: Maximum distance it searches for trades
- Builder: Prioritizes supplying build sites, is not affected by "Serve source only"
Like any other mules, he does not care about pricing, so in some cases you can actually lose money or at least do no profit.
Mules are not designed for that so dont ask for it.
You can use the SupplyMule to deliver Ship building wares in the early game to NPC shipyards dedicated, making them actually build your ordered ships fast.
It can also completely replace the original StationMule completely if you let him only buy from own stations and do not set a home station, thus he will do (almost) exactly the same as the Station Mule.
Experiment a bit with the Settings, which are also mostly self explanatory and not that many.
I tried to keep it simple.
Bugs and helping Debugging:
If you encounter unexpected behaviour please try to provide a Debug file:
Start your game with starting options "-scriptlogfiles"
Search the log file of your trader (Name and ID) found in "C:\Users\*user*\Documents\Egosoft\X4\*gameid*\logs\mulesextension"