[MOD] Space Diversity and Justice

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rosssack
x4

Re: [MOD] Space Diversity and Justice

Post by rosssack » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:38

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:28
ledhead900 wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 13:09
Well, this is amusing to read.
I know just to fix the problem, replace all the African Americans (lets just cut the cheese here and say the words black NPCs) into Mr.Trump NPC's and Mexicans there we go diversity. (not racist)
It's called humour.
As silly as it sound, it would actually be a nice mod for X4 (having NPC model mod with new models, new faces, new hair and new clothing).
yea can we have a all female mod I play as a Amazon space empire ,if that is not sexist ??? ,ps is the HOP not cultist

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 16:58

rosssack wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:38
yea can we have a all female mod I play as a Amazon space empire ,if that is not sexist ??? ,ps is the HOP not cultist
HOP logo somehow reminds me a Chaos logo from W40k, urging me for extermiatus. Yet with all the HOP representative dialogues they strike me as resonable people with bad PR.
I didn't gave them any favors, yet they are my main trading partner and I was kind enough to push of huge Xenon invasion to their core sector and even win some Xenon space (I decided to be neutral with their conflict with PAR and ARG/ANT).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 17:04

rosssack wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:28
ledhead900 wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 13:09
Well, this is amusing to read.
I know just to fix the problem, replace all the African Americans (lets just cut the cheese here and say the words black NPCs) into Mr.Trump NPC's and Mexicans there we go diversity. (not racist)
It's called humour.
As silly as it sound, it would actually be a nice mod for X4 (having NPC model mod with new models, new faces, new hair and new clothing).
This would be very easy to do.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 17:14

Damn I'd love if X4 had proper NPC management, recruitment + faction uniforms + player faction custom uniform (hopes for like X4 8.0 in a 2+ years).

Tenebris Messorem

Post by Tenebris Messorem » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:18

rosssack wrote:
This mod already exists. X-Piratez - it's a mod on Open-XCOM. (And try X-COM Files https://i.imgur.com/hK7dg8l.jpg)

It would be nice to make a mod for customizing characters like in new XCOM.

But what I would like more is the normal ship models. Some ships use the same model. And the design of argon large transport? Big flying box. X Rebirth had great capital ships, I don't know why the developers chose such a strange design for X4.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:25

Tenebris Messorem wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 17:38
:+1: Thanks for putting this together. Trying it now.
Last edited by graphicboy on Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:26

Tenebris Messorem wrote:
Minor problem. When you create mod zips, don't zip from your root folder. Just zip the mod folder itself, such that when you "extract here" from extensions, you're done.

Tenebris Messorem

Post by Tenebris Messorem » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:41

graphicboy wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:26
Tenebris Messorem wrote:
Minor problem. When you create mod zips, don't zip from your root folder. Just zip the mod folder itself, such that when you "extract here" from extensions, you're done.
I'm not sure, but by default root does't include /extensions. So I did it just in case.

And yes, about the post above. It would be great to transfer graphic effects from X Rebirth to X4. Seem to be they downgraded

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 22:36

Tenebris Messorem wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:41
I'm not sure, but by default root does't include /extensions. So I did it just in case.
**nod** - Almost all mods are zipped sub-extensions.

Horux
x4

Post by Horux » Tue, 7. May 19, 02:29

This mod is so clearly racist that it just blows my brain. It tries to hide it behind "kind" words, but it is still so obvious.

If the mod would called for example: "Space diversity rebalance" and than really would rebalance the diveresity of humans to 50:50. I probably would accept that this could be a immersion thing. But this is not even close the case. It has "diversity" in it, but instead of balancing or increasing the diversity, it plain decreases it by removing a human "faction" which is in real life since a very long time discriminated. And on top of it, it is has the word "justice" in it, as it need to be done just for justice. And with this the mod becomes a political statement, because justice for having too many black people?
Really how can someone call this a fix? I mean, this makes it even worse, because the solution for too many black people is, no black people.

Also this mod means that people rather live in a world with strange space aliens than with black humans. :(
Even if the author does not have any racism in his mind by creating this mod, it supports all racists by providing it.

Just a thought experiment, replace Asian, Caucasian and African by Moslems, Christians and Jews........ . I think than probably no one would discuss.

And yes if there would be a mod on this page advertised which removes all man or woman it would be sexist obiously.

Humans are not ships, stations or so on, where you can just say I do not want to see these or those for "esthetic" reasons.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 7. May 19, 03:52

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 22:47
This thread has been reported for "Racism". However, I do not see the racism here. If someone chooses to mod their own game or use a mod that removes NPC's from the game, that is their own choice. No racist terms are being used here from what I can see either. Hopefully another moderator can weigh in and give their opinion on this? I am not convinced there are any racist intentions here. What if someone only wanted male NPC's in their game, or Female Npc's in their game, or all Asian NPC's? Would those be considered racism or sexism issues? I will leave this to another moderator if they wish to wade into this.
Based Moderator. I like this mindset.

The title is clearly a joke. For humor reasons. If people don't like the joke then it's fine. But that still doesn't give them the right to censor it because it doesn't attack anyone or any specific group

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Tue, 7. May 19, 04:45

When Rebirth came out one of the first mods I remember seeing was to remove all the old granny lookin women from the game. Nobody complained about that if I remember correctly.
personally I think we need to get rid of all the short lizardy things walkin round nakid. Put some clothes on that scaly rump.

Horux
x4

Post by Horux » Tue, 7. May 19, 07:54

Now it is a joke..... It does not get better.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Tue, 7. May 19, 16:17

boogieman335 wrote:
Tue, 7. May 19, 04:45
When Rebirth came out one of the first mods I remember seeing was to remove all the old granny lookin women from the game. Nobody complained about that if I remember correctly.
personally I think we need to get rid of all the short lizardy things walkin round nakid. Put some clothes on that scaly rump.
That's true. I had that mod installed. Models in XR were subpar aesthetically and needed some more work. Quite a few Yisha mods too if I recall that changed her outfit. X4 is a touch better than vanilla XR. The black argons have horrible models/hair. It's almost comical. I'll have to look around at the mods some more. Love to see more options with the character models in this game.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 7. May 19, 17:07

Comparing to XR NPCs even most ugly (model wise, face wise and fashion wise) X4 NPC model looks amazing.

I take X4 hobos over XR space grannies with no hesitation.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Thu, 9. May 19, 12:44

So if I duplicate this mod, and call it, Space Diversity - Black Justice and have it remove all the white people is that going to fix the haters issues? I mean then it really is diverse because it ain't just the blacks getting hated on.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 9. May 19, 16:56

I don't find anything wrong with it - that is the point of mods - to change the game to your liking.

I think it was Egosoft X2 game that was among the first which introduced me to beautiful world of modding - these days if game doesn't have mod support then it must be really good to grab my attention.
You don't like A? you think B is too OP - mod the s*** to hearth content.

If you would want to have X4:Black Panther edition, then by all means mod it and share it.

Horux
x4

Post by Horux » Thu, 9. May 19, 19:38

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 16:56
I don't find anything wrong with it - that is the point of mods - to change the game to your liking.

I think it was Egosoft X2 game that was among the first which introduced me to beautiful world of modding - these days if game doesn't have mod support then it must be really good to grab my attention.
You don't like A? you think B is too OP - mod the s*** to hearth content.

If you would want to have X4:Black Panther edition, then by all means mod it and share it.
This is not about modding, there are thinks which are just wrong. If this mod would be promoted on any unofficial site, it still would be wrong, but here on an official site, it is wrong times three.

I told my colleagues about this mod to get some other impressions. Everyone just couldn't believe this plain racism.

With your argument I could provide any mod regardless of it's morality. And probably you can find anything in the internet. But not everything should be promoted on an official site.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 9. May 19, 20:08

In FPS you literally shoot people, ofter with very disturbing detail.
In space strategies, like Stellaris you can perform galaxy wide genocide.
You can steal and murder in GTA...yet you have problem with racism in X4 mod?
You have problem with someone discriminating black or white, yet you're perfectly fine when someone say to murder innocent Borons? or the crew of random freighter?
Why one imaginary people (YES imaginary! Argons, no matter if black or white are imaginary, just like humans in GTA) are better than the other?

If you can't bear such "horror" them maybe it's time to change the hobby, because you're not ready to face this evil world.

Horux
x4

Post by Horux » Fri, 10. May 19, 01:02

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 20:08
In FPS you literally shoot people, ofter with very disturbing detail.
You can steal and murder in GTA...yet you have problem with racism in X4 mod?
Stealing and racism is not really comparable. Yes you can murder in GTA and a hardcore racist can really live his dreams there, but the game does not openly promote to kill just black people.
Regarding the open killing in almost all FPS and also GTA. I would gess, that >99% of all humans are not really want to go out and kill people like in these games. If it would be the case, and humans really would like to kill other humans all the day, than these games shouldn't defenitly also be no more promoted.
Why one imaginary people (YES imaginary! Argons, no matter if black or white are imaginary, just like humans in GTA) are better than the other?
They are not better, and if you want to compare these two imaginary people than we would need to compare a "Remove all black NPC from GTA" mod. And yes this would also in GTA a racism mod. So no neither is better. Both get killed by the player as he wishes, without a real punishment.
You have problem with someone discriminating black or white, yet you're perfectly fine when someone say to murder innocent Borons? or the crew of random freighter?
Ehm, yes. As long as Borons are not real Aliens we met. When this ever change when need to start to think different there.
Boarding is like the other killing mentioned above.
In space strategies, like Stellaris you can perform galaxy wide genocide.
I thought about this while I wrote the last post. Strategy games are all very abstract. It is not really that they implement a video on how the genozid will be done.
But if we ever meet other sentient races in the universe, than all this will change. Because I bet that a faction of all humans will become xenopob, and in my opinion we would need to prevent this faction to become the leading faction of us.
If you can't bear such "horror" them maybe it's time to change the hobby, because you're not ready to face this evil world.
This is nonsense. I know this evil world and that is why I does not want, that a racis mod is promoted on an official game site.
Racism is a real society problem which always leeds to voilence and hate against other humans and even bigger ugly behavior as history shows us. And in contrary to randomly kill unknown people which as I said >99% of all humans (1% of all is still a big number) do not want to do, racism is not a 1% problem. It is in all of us, luckyly the most of us do not live it. But definitly a number of 20-30% has the potential to live it out and nowadays it is again more popular. And to prevent these really ugly side of us, we need to stop the support where we can.

Long stuff short:
Yes games allow us make things which we would not do in real life. But there are some red lines in moral games which should not passed, because they can really have influence to real life. One of them is racism, others are rape or degrading mass murder to what humans are able. Even GTA does has its limits, what they are openly support. I do not know a game, that is open racist.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”