[MOD] Space Diversity and Justice

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

gawdfather
x4

Re: [MOD] Space Diversity and Justice

Post by gawdfather » Mon, 13. May 19, 22:39

No No No, not slaves, Cpt Kirk just "Got the chicks" because he was irresistible, If I'm going to over inflate my space ego, I want to go whole hog.

I'm going to have to learn to mod X4 for this to happen, aren't I?
TFW Your Username isn't capitalized.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Tue, 14. May 19, 02:53

gawdfather wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 22:39
No No No, not slaves, Cpt Kirk just "Got the chicks" because he was irresistible, If I'm going to over inflate my space ego, I want to go whole hog.

I'm going to have to learn to mod X4 for this to happen, aren't I?
If you just want a lot more females present, you can use this mod as a base to increase the number of females generated via looking at the extracted data assets for models and picking the females out. Proably might have too, best place for that is Discord, UniTrader and DeadAir and all the modders hang out there in the X4 Channel, I would look at this myself but currently in between my own project to add my little contribution to Teleportation Wars 3
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Tue, 14. May 19, 10:58

You know, what I like in modern "progressive anti-racists" most? Their desire to censor thoughts and ideas. To fight with people's opinions and preferences, not with actions. Like this one here:
Racism is a mindset. Therefore the way to fight it is different. You cannot imprison all people who do something racist, except for voilence, because it will not change anything.
In other words - racists aren't doing anything illegal, so we cant lock them up. But we can censor them. Forbid to express their opinions. Romove from movies, news, games, etc. Act "three wise monkeys" towards them. Remove them completely from "civillised" and "progressive" society. Make them Untouchables.
Some people may think it's a good idea. I don't blame them. It's easy to think that if you remove problem from public debate, problem does not exist and everyone are happy. If I'm not mistaken, the same was done with black people before civil rights movement in America. Let them sit in the back of the bus - we cannot exterminate them, we cannot prohibit them from riding the bus, we cannot make them white, but at least we don't have to look at them. Out of eyes, out of mind, problem solved. And that's what some people want to do with racists. Ostracise them, call them nazis, trolls, backwards, idiots and deny them right to speak their mind. Because, God forbid, someone may read it and think they're right!
It's cool that you know, what horrible things racism may lead into. But I strongly advise you to do some reading about what censorship and prohibiting of spreading certain ideas leads to.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 14. May 19, 18:49

ffs, I come back after 5 years just to discover that even this community, one I felt quite comfy in, has been infected with American domestic politics and squabbles as well?

Seriously, people, get over yourselves, this is a freaking game in a fantasy made-up universe, far far away, with fictional NPCs, where concepts of country (don't exist anymore) and race (Khaak, anyone?) having gotten a huge shake-up and rethinking and you're trying to apply "modern" RL politics and models to it?

Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of seeing RL politics on game forums now as well, especially vicious internal politics and hate (both sides being equally at fault) from a country that's faaaaaaaaaaar away from mine (and I sincerely hope it stays far away) and on a forum for a game that has NOTHING to do with our world and is of a developer that is also not from that specific country.

So, please, stop with this BS and I ask the OP to PLEASE change the bloody name of the mod cause it IS an obvious bait and I don't really care who thinks is in the right, i just don't want another game community ruined.

Horux
x4

Post by Horux » Wed, 15. May 19, 02:04

Wonsz wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 10:58
You know, what I like in modern "progressive anti-racists" most? Their desire to censor thoughts and ideas. To fight with people's opinions and preferences, not with actions. Like this one here:
Racism is a mindset. Therefore the way to fight it is different. You cannot imprison all people who do something racist, except for voilence, because it will not change anything.
In other words - racists aren't doing anything illegal, so we cant lock them up. But we can censor them. Forbid to express their opinions. Romove from movies, news, games, etc. Act "three wise monkeys" towards them. Remove them completely from "civillised" and "progressive" society. Make them Untouchables.
Some people may think it's a good idea. I don't blame them. It's easy to think that if you remove problem from public debate, problem does not exist and everyone are happy. If I'm not mistaken, the same was done with black people before civil rights movement in America. Let them sit in the back of the bus - we cannot exterminate them, we cannot prohibit them from riding the bus, we cannot make them white, but at least we don't have to look at them. Out of eyes, out of mind, problem solved. And that's what some people want to do with racists. Ostracise them, call them nazis, trolls, backwards, idiots and deny them right to speak their mind. Because, God forbid, someone may read it and think they're right!
It's cool that you know, what horrible things racism may lead into. But I strongly advise you to do some reading about what censorship and prohibiting of spreading certain ideas leads to.
It is funny how racist shall become the victim here. Where did I wrote, that racists should not participate in society or should even ostracised. There are thoughts which are just wrong, and hating other people just for their existing is one of them. Starting to debate if the ideas of racists maybe right, legitimize these ideas. Yes God forbid, that yet again a majority of people thinks that these ideas are right.
If one has the thougt, that raping is good and rightful, their would also no discussion about. It is just wrong. Having this thought and propagating is also not illegal, but realizing obviously. And of course the society tries to prevent this thought of spreading in the world. Because there will be people, which think that this is right.
Please give me a hint, what history book I have to read regarding prohibition of certain ideas.
Sturmer wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 18:49
ffs, I come back after 5 years just to discover that even this community, one I felt quite comfy in, has been infected with American domestic politics and squabbles as well?

Seriously, people, get over yourselves, this is a freaking game in a fantasy made-up universe, far far away, with fictional NPCs, where concepts of country (don't exist anymore) and race (Khaak, anyone?) having gotten a huge shake-up and rethinking and you're trying to apply "modern" RL politics and models to it?

Honestly, I'm getting sick and tired of seeing RL politics on game forums now as well, especially vicious internal politics and hate (both sides being equally at fault) from a country that's faaaaaaaaaaar away from mine (and I sincerely hope it stays far away) and on a forum for a game that has NOTHING to do with our world and is of a developer that is also not from that specific country.

So, please, stop with this BS and I ask the OP to PLEASE change the bloody name of the mod cause it IS an obvious bait and I don't really care who thinks is in the right, i just don't want another game community ruined.
The RL was introduced by making a mod which is obviuosly racist. There was no RL politics in here before.

The funny thing is, the first mod I noticed here, which changes NPCs look is the mod which removes black. Not changing some of the Aliens not even a mod which removes all males or females no it is the removing of blacks.
This is a fantasy made up universe and again the only thing which some people do not like regarding NPCs are black humans. That is so obviously racist.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 15. May 19, 03:28

Horux wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 02:04
Wonsz wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 10:58
It is funny how racist shall become the victim here. Where did I wrote, that racists should not participate in society or should even ostracised. There are thoughts which are just wrong, and hating other people just for their existing is one of them. Starting to debate if the ideas of racists maybe right, legitimize these ideas. Yes God forbid, that yet again a majority of people thinks that these ideas are right.
If one has the thougt, that raping is good and rightful, their would also no discussion about. It is just wrong. Having this thought and propagating is also not illegal, but realizing obviously. And of course the society tries to prevent this thought of spreading in the world. Because there will be people, which think that this is right.
Please give me a hint, what history book I have to read regarding prohibition of certain ideas.
Sturmer wrote:
Tue, 14. May 19, 18:49

The RL was introduced by making a mod which is obviuosly racist. There was no RL politics in here before.

The funny thing is, the first mod I noticed here, which changes NPCs look is the mod which removes black. Not changing some of the Aliens not even a mod which removes all males or females no it is the removing of blacks.
This is a fantasy made up universe and again the only thing which some people do not like regarding NPCs are black humans. That is so obviously racist.
Are you trying to get this thread locked?

You said your piece, so don't you think its about time you move on? You turned this thread into a political debate. This is a mod for people who want to use it. They are free to do so. You don't agree? Fine, you said it and we all got it loud and clear. But you keep coming here trying to turn this thread into a political flame war just to get this thread locked?

Seriously....

idofwsl
x4

Post by idofwsl » Wed, 15. May 19, 06:10

Horux wrote:
It is funny how racist shall become the victim here. Where did I wrote, that racists should not participate in society or should even ostracised.
There is no racist here. You just overreacted, hysterically.

Horux
x4

Post by Horux » Wed, 15. May 19, 07:25

idofwsl wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 06:10
Horux wrote:
It is funny how racist shall become the victim here. Where did I wrote, that racists should not participate in society or should even ostracised.
There is no racist here. You just overreacted, hysterically.
Context please. I answered a comment which talked about how racists a treated or wanted to be treated by some people.

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Wed, 15. May 19, 08:09

Horux, I'm not going to argue with you, especially not going to educate you or explain consequences of your words to you. I believe it would not only be boring for most users, but also pointless, like talking about atheism with jihadist or medieval inquisitor. I just wanted to explain why I think that anyone should be able to make any mod he wants, name it any name he wants and be able to advertise it on developer's website, along other mods. I said my piece, I respect your right to say yours. From the start I was certain that none of us will change his opinion about racism or freedom of speech - but I felt it was important to stand up to people who want to delete words only because they think those words are wrong and offensive. For me - EOT, not going to look in this thread any more (unless I get really, REALLY bored ;) ) - I know perfectly what both sides can (and probably will) say ;)

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Wed, 15. May 19, 15:47

Horux wrote:

I. Do. Not. Care!

Stop with your ranting. You've said your piece, now get over it. Honestly, with your repeated cycling back to it you yourself are getting more offensive than the mod itself. Personally I don't care what this mod does, I'm not going to use it as I see no point to it. Are you using it? Personally, I wouldn't care if it deleted white NPCs or black/"African" NPCs (remember, USA doesn't exist in X universe, so no African American), or male NPCs or female NPCs, I wouldn't care if it deleted Argon or Boron or Split or Khaak, heck even if it actually vented Suzy out the airlock! or whatever as long as the numbers of available NPCs are not changed. Heck, even if it changed the numbers I wouldn't care as I wouldn't use it. I simply don't care about NPCs as long as they work on my ships and stations.

To each their own, anyone can mod their games the way they want and NO-ONE should be able to control that or tell them what to do (unless they break laws with CP or something). By continuing with your aggression you just make yourself look foolish and gullible - can't you understand that this mod was a deliberate bait and you fell for it and are falling for it over and over again? You're doing nothing but providing amusement to it's creator. Besides, mods themselves have already stated, several times, that this mod isn't breaking the rules. No matter how much you scream, you won't get this mod deleted, at best you will get yourself silenced or this thread locked, preventing further discussion, but this mod will stay. If you don't like it, well tough, the world shouldn't be expected to change itself to your likings.

As long as they don't turn antisocial thoughts into action and harm somebody else or damage someone else's property or create/fester unrests everyone is allowed to think or feel whatever they want. Look into the Charter of Human Rights and your country's constitution and criminal laws and you will see that written there.

I quote:
Article 18 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (adopted by the United Nations General Assembly at its 183rd session on 10 December 1948): "Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance."

Article 9 of European Convention on Human Rights:
"1. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance.
2. Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs shall be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others. "

See this last part? You are allowed to believe and think anything, with only "such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society in the interests of public safety, for the protection of public order, health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others". There it is.

As much as I disagree with this mod, it's not harming anyone past some fictional AI which only exist as lines of code. You on other hand, are trying to curtail someone else's rights and are disturbing the peace and order here. Basically, YOU are the one in breach of rules. Nobody voted you to be thought police. nobody wants thought police in the first place, not on this forum, not anywhere else or in real life. The few times someone tried that BS IRL it ended badly. Learn from that.

And before I get branded with one word or another in these petty squabbles, no I'm not an American, your internal politics and infighting mean nothing to me and I don't prescribe to either side.

I'm just freaking sick and tired of some activists dragging their political affiliations everywhere, into every discussion, into every forum and destroying peace between members no matter what their belief systems as they were mature enough to ignore them and were bound together with shared love for something and that goes for the mod author and the opposition in equal parts. This is NOT the place for this shit, take it to personal messaging or just leave this thread.

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Wed, 15. May 19, 21:40

I'm triggered.
Now where is the one that removes helmet heads?

Savaj
x4

Post by Savaj » Sat, 25. May 19, 15:33

I appreciate this mod attempt. Choice is good. The number of "black" people was weird in a world that predicts a future human culture where Japanese is a common language. So... where are the Asians anyway? The supposed Asians models I see look mixed at best. Anyhoo... there isn't really enough human models so running this mod basically makes everyone look mostly too samey. I'm racially blind, I only care about if you look like you belong in a space ship.

I noticed there is some weighting numbers for the spawns. Is it really necessary to remove all dark skinned models or can they be weighted down to spawn without being 80% of the population? At the same time we can reduce hoody man and t-shirt boy, etc. Possible?

Agree about the mod title being a bit unfortunate and baited. Why not just call it a human appearance mod and weigh down all the models that look out of place if possible?

MakerLinux
x4

Post by MakerLinux » Sat, 25. May 19, 23:37

Azran_Zala wrote:
Wed, 15. May 19, 21:40
I'm triggered.
Now where is the one that removes helmet heads?
I would be the one triggered on this case, because I would be disturbed by seeing headless people walking around my stations.
I would get to this forum just to rant how such mod should be banned from all places lest it would encourage people to try and cut other people's heads.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Fri, 31. May 19, 20:36

Can I get a mod for all japanese? The lore indicates/implies that these should all be asians for the human races. Even the terrans are supposed to be Japanese/asian I think. When are we going to see the terrans anyways? I miss them and their ships. Better yet, if there's a way to replace npcs then i'd love to do that myself.

Savaj
x4

Post by Savaj » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 02:58

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Fri, 31. May 19, 20:36
The lore indicates/implies that these should all be asians for the human races.
I have not seen any such indication in the lore and I received my CD of X1 airmailed directly from the devs many years ago. New forum ID though now. X Rebirth had me gone.

Anyway, I think the idea is more that Japanese became a dominant Earth culture influence which was an idea some people who lived through the 1980s where thinking as Japan took over a lot of manufacturing and began to have a greater global presence. That's just history and now we have China. I expect give it another decade and we'll see one of Brazil or Korean continue to rise in influence and we can speak Portuguese or write Hangul. It is not game lore, it is just that the game's creators are Gen X.

Totally agree this game needs some more models that look Asian/Pacific Islander, perhaps even by a small majority. Even the African faces all look like one or two tribal groups at best. Where is the rest of the continent?

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 19:31

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:47
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:42
Are you forced to use it? No. So now we need to police what people do in their own games? Or do you have an issue with him calling them African NPCs? Then what should they be referred to as? Would you have a problem if there was a mod that removed all "European NPC's"? or all "Male NPC's"? Either way I wouldn't care. No racial slurs are used, no derogatory terms.
It seems you really don't get it. It's not really the action itself to remove npcs from the game... it's rather the mod title that renders the entire thing racist. Or would u call it "diverse" and "just" to remove all africans? :D
Original mod was called Space Diversity.
Mod creator outright said that Egosoft models looked like gorrilas not humans and i agree. Only thing racist here is portrayal of black people in game like some kind of homo Neanderthals.
He didn't even remove them just made sure that they were about 20% of population instead of something 90% which is default X4 script for some reason and removed the worst cases like mentioned dreadlocks models which were accompanied with face features neanderthals would be proud off.

Imho i agree with this version. If Ego can't make human models that don't look like caricatures then they should remove them period.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 03:00

Enough with the off topic discussions.

ChudoKlates
x4

Post by ChudoKlates » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 15:54

Can you reupload? This mod was the first thing i was looking for after i play for like an hour

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 19:02

I'm starting to think that vanilla game problem lies not in the color of the skin, but poor selection of clothes and hair - most of human NPC, regardless of skin, looks like hobos.

Here I found a black NPC trader with stylish suit and not half-bad hair:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1793067913

marikc

Post by marikc » Sun, 14. Jul 19, 15:27

If the idea was to remove all white NPCs then most of you would be speaking about how honorable this mod is. Just relax.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”