[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 22. May 20, 07:25

Spent several hours learning how to add in-game adjustable options to my mods starting with Fill. Expect some new goodies soon requiring sirnuke's mod support API.

Other features coming soon:

Pirate factions are acting more like pirates.

Tater wont enter hostile systems to reach a friendly system they can't path to safely.

Splitting off my AI improvements into individual mod. Maybe some others too.

Developing my plans to add the option for player to select more active xenon, each faction having a single massive fleet that will attack enemy sectors (possibly player sector), and more active khaak.

Changing sector names so there are no duplicates.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 22. May 20, 16:56

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 07:25
:) :)
DeadAirRT wrote:
Developing my plans to add the option for player to select more active xenon,
So kind of replacement for FOWC? Or more parametrized version of it?
What would be great, and FE kinda does it to a degree, is having variable strenght of their activity. FE delays their aggressiveness by about 24h of ingame time. I assume your mod is expected to be played with FE? What I dont like in fowc/fe is that the attrack are pretty much constant both in time and size. So if I scale (in fowc and vro settings) defense side to their attack strenght, so factions are not crushed by xenons instantly, it results in pretty static universe. Would be great to have big difference in attack strengths, from minor, easy to repel incursions to crushing invasions (5-10 destroyers etc), with enough time inbetween those big ones so faction can get their stuff together (12-15 hours?).
DeadAirRT wrote:
each faction having a single massive fleet that will attack enemy sectors (possibly player sector),
what I also feel is missing is strong core sector defense. It would be logical that each faction would defend its shipyard and wharf with some sizeable force. There should be separate patrol for just that (never leaving core sector). Player would do that. Also in X3 I remember there was dedicated patrol job for something like that.
DeadAirRT wrote:
and more active khaak
and this is cherry on top ;>
really miss those creatures. I know they are somewhere, but would love to see some more.
What about and Idea, to make them super agressive when player reaches certain level of power? Like, has own shipyard or something, they could spawn bases in random sectors.
IRRC, in IR we made them to prefer sectors with nvidium (lore thing), if they had it, their nests grew faster and there was more of them. Of course there has to be a limit, like 3 active bases in universe.
Not sure but his game does not have yet models for khaak destroyers/carriers/queen?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 22. May 20, 17:14

djrygar wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 16:56
DeadAirRT wrote:
:) :)
DeadAirRT wrote:
Developing my plans to add the option for player to select more active xenon,
So kind of replacement for FOWC? Or more parametrized version of it?
What would be great, and FE kinda does it to a degree, is having variable strenght of their activity. FE delays their aggressiveness by about 24h of ingame time. I assume your mod is expected to be played with FE? What I dont like in fowc/fe is that the attrack are pretty much constant both in time and size. So if I scale (in fowc and vro settings) defense side to their attack strenght, so factions are not crushed by xenons instantly, it results in pretty static universe. Would be great to have big difference in attack strengths, from minor, easy to repel incursions to crushing invasions (5-10 destroyers etc), with enough time inbetween those big ones so faction can get their stuff together (12-15 hours?).
DeadAirRT wrote:
each faction having a single massive fleet that will attack enemy sectors (possibly player sector),
what I also feel is missing is strong core sector defense. It would be logical that each faction would defend its shipyard and wharf with some sizeable force. There should be separate patrol for just that (never leaving core sector). Player would do that. Also in X3 I remember there was dedicated patrol job for something like that.
DeadAirRT wrote:
and more active khaak
and this is cherry on top ;>
really miss those creatures. I know they are somewhere, but would love to see some more.
What about and Idea, to make them super agressive when player reaches certain level of power? Like, has own shipyard or something, they could spawn bases in random sectors.
IRRC, in IR we maded them to prefer sectors with nvidium (lore thing), if they had it, their nests grew faster and there was more of them. Of course there has to be a limit, like 3 active bases in universe.
Not sure but his game does not have yet models for khaak destroyers/carriers/queen?
Not a replacement for focw but an option the player can set to enable or disable the "destruction fleet" of xenon or other ai factions. It will be handled separately from faction logic so it will move in full force.

I was working on core systems being better defended before but a certain feature of jobs wasn't working at the time. I'll try and revisit it again to see if i can't get it working.

There aren't any models for larger khaak ships but in case you haven't already run into one, there are a few large swarms already appearing in game. I look to them to be a more chaotic and randomized enemy than the xenon

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 22. May 20, 18:01

I don't know how granular is the control of ships behavior in X4, but if core patrols won't work, maybe attaching some kind of signal to wharf/shipyard, that would cause all patrols to come to the rescue?
But I guess this is something for FE rather than your scripts...
I think I should post that in Mysterial's thread

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Fri, 22. May 20, 22:09

Are there any updated screenshots of your map available? It would seem the shots on the workshop are outdated since you've changed all the faction colors and whatnot. :mrgreen:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 22. May 20, 22:38

shovelmonkey wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 22:09
Are there any updated screenshots of your map available? It would seem the shots on the workshop are outdated since you've changed all the faction colors and whatnot. :mrgreen:
Good point. I'll get some up soon.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Sat, 23. May 20, 17:08

djrygar wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 18:01
I don't know how granular is the control of ships behavior in X4, but if core patrols won't work, maybe attaching some kind of signal to wharf/shipyard, that would cause all patrols to come to the rescue?
But I guess this is something for FE rather than your scripts...
I think I should post that in Mysterial's thread
Maybe something like the reaction force mod will do this.

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Mon, 25. May 20, 16:41

I don't know if my game is bugged as I'm on beta (sorry, I know you don't support it) or is it default behavior in the GateOverhaul. I see on the map for many of new sectors large areas denoted as "mineral reach" (red background), but they basically don't contain any asteroids. I've searched through this thread and I'm not sure, but I think it might be working as intended, but it's just a bit confusing to have it on the map denoted as a mineral region with almost no asteroids in it...

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Mon, 25. May 20, 17:54

bbn wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 16:41
I don't know if my game is bugged as I'm on beta (sorry, I know you don't support it) or is it default behavior in the GateOverhaul. I see on the map for many of new sectors large areas denoted as "mineral reach" (red background), but they basically don't contain any asteroids. I've searched through this thread and I'm not sure, but I think it might be working as intended, but it's just a bit confusing to have it on the map denoted as a mineral region with almost no asteroids in it...
This is the base game's problem, where, like what you have found, the digital map says there are minerals, but the actual physical map does not contain any mine-able asteroid at all.

In this case, perhaps you simply set some automated mining script and let the AI find the minerals for you. They will fly the ship to a place with actual minerals (can be very far from the sector center), and stay around actually mining.
Computer Science student, reporting for duty. College gon be tough, so no need to be rush.

X4 Foundations mod: Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.

Will I survive into the next month? Let's ask the RNG.

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Tue, 26. May 20, 12:01

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 17:54
bbn wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 16:41
This is the base game's problem, where, like what you have found, the digital map says there are minerals, but the actual physical map does not contain any mine-able asteroid at all.

In this case, perhaps you simply set some automated mining script and let the AI find the minerals for you. They will fly the ship to a place with actual minerals (can be very far from the sector center), and stay around actually mining.
Ah! That's what's it all about. Cool to know and thanks for taking the time to explain it. So I'm glad to report that the mod works without issues with 3.20 beta. If only my CPU would handle the larger map (i7-8700) I think I would just stick with the GateOverhaul. Now I get around 40-50 fps (after couple of hours) and I bet that when the game progresses and my empire gets bigger it will get much worse, to unplayable levels... Guess the time to h/w upgrade is approaching...

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 26. May 20, 14:51

bbn wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 12:01

Ah! That's what's it all about. Cool to know and thanks for taking the time to explain it. So I'm glad to report that the mod works without issues with 3.20 beta. If only my CPU would handle the larger map (i7-8700) I think I would just stick with the GateOverhaul. Now I get around 40-50 fps (after couple of hours) and I bet that when the game progresses and my empire gets bigger it will get much worse, to unplayable levels... Guess the time to h/w upgrade is approaching...
With my sectors, it's always best to look for resources in a ring outside of the gates. I've tried to keep the instructions in the flight path to the absolute minimum because nothing is more annoying than autopilot crashing lol.

There will be more performance gains in the next patch as well, it may not affect save games as much as new but you should still see some improvement. (I went from 110 fps to capped 120.)

Also, a new feature that should lead to more stations getting blown up.

Thanks for the report about beta as well, the only problem i think I'm going to have with it is on tater.

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Tue, 26. May 20, 16:23

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 14:51
With my sectors, it's always best to look for resources in a ring outside of the gates. I've tried to keep the instructions in the flight path to the absolute minimum because nothing is more annoying than autopilot crashing lol.
:mrgreen:

I noticed the design and it's kind of cool. Though I'm used to having stuff in the middle of a sector and overall it feels empty without stuff there I think that the vast open spaces gave the universe even bigger feeling. So I'm really liking the "mix" of new/old sectors that have different feel to it.
DeadAirRT wrote:
There will be more performance gains in the next patch as well, it may not affect save games as much as new but you should still see some improvement. (I went from 110 fps to capped 120.)

Also, a new feature that should lead to more stations getting blown up.
Ah! I read about the improvements couple of post back, but didn't realize those are not released yet. If this transfers to my h/w as well I think I might risk as going down from 50-60 fps to 30+ is still playable... going below it's really hard to do any combat for me....
DeadAirRT wrote:
Thanks for the report about beta as well, the only problem i think I'm going to have with it is on tater.
Yeah, hopefully the new restriction scheme is not too hard to work with. Though I'm guessing it might add some complexity to Tater as there are now 3 separate ways to restrict trade (sector, travel and trade restrictions).

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Tue, 26. May 20, 19:13

Hi,

What is l/xl travel update? Wil these ships use gateways as smaller ships?

BR

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 26. May 20, 19:44

MiFoludek wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 19:13
Hi,

What is l/xl travel update? Wil these ships use gateways as smaller ships?

BR
No. They just do it better.

Edit: if you need a better explanation, the best option is to look at the code.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Tue, 26. May 20, 21:04

bbn wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 12:01
Now I get around 40-50 fps (after couple of hours) and I bet that when the game progresses and my empire gets bigger it will get much worse, to unplayable levels... Guess the time to h/w upgrade is approaching...
I have Ryzen 3700x, which is probably similar or worse with performance to your CPU (since 1-2 thread performance is all that matters here, game barely uses more, and Intel is better at that).
Check if you can overclock it a bit - there is not much sense in upgrading since new Intel CPUs are basically the same as yours, just overclocked more. There has been zero progress in IPC performance since 2-3 years.
Also, using last GitHub version of DAGO - and performance improvements are huge. I don't know how many fps is there, but I could turn on vsync and there is not much stuttering, which is great. Game is now pretty smooth, and I have more than 50 hours on this save (started new game pretty much just as DeadAir published this beta stuff, checklist looked too tempting), so its new playtrough with latest version of script from the start. I don't really see perf degradation after this time.

I just cannot wait for this big attack fleets feature. DA, pleeease...
FOWC does not really work well, once I enabled DA Ware, Xenons cannot punch trough, actually noone can, defences on all sides are just too good for everyone. Default war fleets are too weak.

small sidenote re: Ware. It looks like it fixes hull parts hunger, but stations now seem deperate for energy cells. Including shipyards.
Maybe adding solar panels to few fabs would be good idea? (just to few types, like just for shipyards or hi-tech or ship-tech complexes)
First thing player does is building cell fab, no reason why AI would not do it except for leaving artificial hole for player to fill.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”