[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:35

Dinoff wrote:
Sat, 18. Jul 20, 11:52
Loose files. Its been years since i last did text editing on an x game so all my knowledge is gone.
Luckily with loose files, all you have to do is replace some values.

You have to change the locations in galaxy.xml for the star wars clusters. The annoying part, is that in game coordinates do not directly translate. I taught shuulo pretty much everything I know about map modding so he would probably be able to help you with some coordinates.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:39

I figured I should actually put something out about the current status of my mods and what to expect in the future:

I am done with X4 and have no plans to continue playing or modding this game. I do still occasionally check stuff to help people out (what's the point of all this self taught knowledge if I don't spread it).

People are more than welcome to use code from my mods, just give credit (even if it's just a comment in the code). If anyone wants to take over any of my mods, let me know and I'll send you whatever code I have lying around and misc resources.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 02:53

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:35
Dinoff wrote:
Loose files. Its been years since i last did text editing on an x game so all my knowledge is gone.

You have to change the locations in galaxy.xml for the star wars clusters. The annoying part, is that in game coordinates do not directly translate. I taught shuulo pretty much everything I know about map modding so he would probably be able to help you with some coordinates.
Thanks,
I will have to look a bit harder. would it be possible for you to highlight what section of the text i need to change in the map and other files to properly move the sector?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 05:31

Dinoff wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 02:53
DeadAirRT wrote:
Dinoff wrote:

Thanks,
I will have to look a bit harder. would it be possible for you to highlight what section of the text i need to change in the map and other files to properly move the sector?
You will have to change the position in maps/xu_ep2_universe/galaxy.xml

it should look something like this for the star wars clusters:

Code: Select all

<connection name="Cluster_DA1_connection" ref="clusters">
		<offset>
			<position x="0" y="0" z="34640000" />
        </offset>
        <macro ref="Cluster_DA1_macro" connection="galaxy" />
	</connection>
x is left/right on map
z is up/down

y will cause you headaches

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 12:24

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 31. Jul 20, 05:31
Dinoff wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 02:53
DeadAirRT wrote:

Thanks,
You will have to change the position in maps/xu_ep2_universe/galaxy.xml

it should look something like this for the star wars clusters:

Code: Select all

<connection name="Cluster_DA1_connection" ref="clusters">
		<offset>
			<position x="0" y="0" z="34640000" />
        </offset>
        <macro ref="Cluster_DA1_macro" connection="galaxy" />
	</connection>
x is left/right on map
z is up/down

y will cause you headaches
Got it. so basically i just need to fiddle with x and z until i find an open spot on the map.

Nazeth
x4

Post by Nazeth » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 21:00

Hey. i noticed, that Xenons grow very fast, and AI can't stop them. After few days of gameplay few factions lost their capital systems and xenons have now more than 200 XL ships.

Also with your mod and Faction Enchancer still all factions are very passive in warfare, and really dont want to invade other others.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Thu, 6. Aug 20, 09:50

DeadAirRT say, do you just keep TaterTrader up to date with game patches, or do you spend some time actively developing it?

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 17:09

AtilaElari wrote:
Thu, 6. Aug 20, 09:50
DeadAirRT say, do you just keep TaterTrader up to date with game patches, or do you spend some time actively developing it?
I thought they were mainly maintaining, though looking at the GitHub repo it looks like they did do some developing on efficiency.

But since they are no longer working on X4 I think it's safe to say the extension is "up for grabs".
DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:39
I figured I should actually put something out about the current status of my mods and what to expect in the future:

I am done with X4 and have no plans to continue playing or modding this game. I do still occasionally check stuff to help people out (what's the point of all this self taught knowledge if I don't spread it).

People are more than welcome to use code from my mods, just give credit (even if it's just a comment in the code). If anyone wants to take over any of my mods, let me know and I'll send you whatever code I have lying around and misc resources.
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

noblejms

Post by noblejms » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 02:39

Hello guys, I'm trying to install DeadAir's awesome DynamicWars mod. However, it keeps telling me that SirNukes Mod Support API is missing, even though I had installed that as well. I am using the newest version 1.78 of SirNuke's Mod Support API, not sure if that makes a difference? In any case, I couldn't figure out what's causing the issue, as I just downloaded both DynamicWars and SirNuke's Mod Support API mods and put them both in my game's Extension folder, just like a dozen other mods I use. Do I need to rename any files within SirNuke's mod to get it working? :?

Thanks!!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 05:05

I wonder if a smaller version of DeadAir gate overhaul could be made? I feel like performance is suffering simply because there is such a large number of sectors in the gate overhaul mod.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Tue, 18. Aug 20, 08:05

I wonder if a smaller version of DeadAir gate overhaul could be made? I feel like performance is suffering simply because there is such a large number of sectors in the gate overhaul mod.
I had the same issue, its not too long before game grinds to a halt. I think you need pc running above 4Ghz to use this mod.

could not believe the performance improvement once i switched it off to use default map.

Also the default map is now bigger than it used to be with split added.

I like this mod, but you need power house pc to use it. FPS got so low moving in the map view became impossible.

Also maybe its worth adding option to this mod to let user configure number of sectors and any other factors that may affect fps, so the mod can be tailored to user pc.

Bezlikiy070

Post by Bezlikiy070 » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 01:08

I installed this mod in combination with ROR. The compatibility patch is also installed, everything works, but there is a problem. All new sectors are dark. When you hover over the sector, it is indicated that the lighting is 100%, but when you enter the sector, they are completely dark. Visibility is zero, there is no sun, no stars, nothing. I only see the game interface and the reflection of objects such as asteroids and stations. Is this a bug or have you just never flown into these sectors personally?)

Tarazu
xr

Post by Tarazu » Sat, 24. Oct 20, 19:23

This mod makes the universe really really cool! Kinda makes you wish the original game had this layout. Wouldn't hurt if the universe had been a bit smaller due to lag though.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Fri, 30. Oct 20, 00:54

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:39

Thank you for all that you did for X4 and the amazing mod you made! I would not have gotten back into X4 without it. I wish you the best in whatever you do next, and once again thank you for the awesome mod.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 31. Oct 20, 11:23

Hey all,

I started a fresh game with this mod, along with VRO, XR Ship Pack, FWEE and a few others. LOVE the new map layout.

However, I find performance is pretty bad vs. my current other game - same mods bar this one. FPS will regularly drop into the teens at times, yet nothing specific seems to be going on around me. In my experience, a MASSIVE battle might be going on, causing a slow-down, but the moment I leave the sector - or get far enough away - FPS is fine again. Basically, only things going on in my current sector has any real impact on FPS.

I was in one of the "cross roads" sectors where several factions all clash. There was a HUGE and pretty constant battle going on here. FPS took a bit of a tumble during this, down into the 30's at times, but generally held at around 40 or so - acceptable, considering what was going on and the Engine's single-threaded (for certain tasks) limitations. However, to have even worse FPS in sectors where nothing of note is going on, is quite surprising.

Initially, performance seemed GREAT as I was exploring, but it's gotten pretty bad now even in quiet sectors. I do wonder if my combination of mods has perhaps pushed things a little too far. The universe feels very alive, which is fantastic of course, but something seems to be tipping things over the edge performance-wise.

I have a 3900X which is pretty solid, boosting to 4.6ghz quite happily on multiple cores in the primary CCX as needed. Indeed, during gameplay one Core is usually at 4.5/4.6 all the time, due to the game being highly reliant on one thread to do most of the work. My other save - sans DeadAir - is now a very mature one, with a very busy universe too and lots of battles going on. Yet, unless I'm in a sector with one of those larger fights going on, performance is a solid, vSync'd 60fps - even the battles are still pretty good.

Just wondering what other's experiences are. I love the changes, but the near constant low FPS gives me a headache. Perhaps there are things that can be tweaked?

Edit: You know, I think I fell foul of the X4 slow-down over time bug. I played a particularly long session for me last night, about three hours, and performance got pretty dire. Just loaded my save while at my Station in a relatively quiet sector - Black Hole Sun IV - and I'm back at ~60fps while standing on one of the docks. I've been away of slow-downs over longer sessions for a while of course, but never quite this extreme.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 31. Oct 20, 19:24

Hi again,

Another query - just checking if something it's working quite right...

This mod gives SCA a full presence with sectors, ship construction and economy, which is great. However, their faction standing is still fixed at -5 and cannot be improved. I've taken a number of missions for them but get no standing increase. Is this deliberate or an oversight? I know it's fully possible to unlock SCA faction standing as other mods do it - I've used a Pirate game start that works just fine with unlocked SCA standing.

Perhaps I need another mod to unlock it in this case? Or I can just edit my save to make relations dynamic IIRC.

Scoob.

gbreuil1
x4

Post by gbreuil1 » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 19:26

https://imgur.com/ToEyyJO

As you can see, i will lose in few hours xD
So i can hope...this is a unattended development of events or 'working as attended'
I think it's the faction enhancer war module but not sure, or maybe the game start is already with 100 XL Xenon ships but this is...unbalanced.
I use many mods like VRO/ROR/XR ships/gem FX and only with this one i lost 40 FPS, maybe if i can modify the xml i could prevent that massive production, and gain some FPS but i don't know anything about XML code.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 4. Nov 20, 20:52

Hi,

I've found a navigation bug with the DeadAir map layout.

I ordered my Nomad to fly from Freedom's Reach to Turquoise Sea IX. This should path the ship directly through the gate directly to this sector - basically the gate at the (roughly) 7pm position in Freedom's Reach. However, my ship simply will not travel through this gate, even if given an Explore command. It can ONLY be manually flown through. For whatever reason my ship insists on travelling through Zyarth's Fall, which is the gate at the 6pm position.

I've observed zero NPC traffic flying into this Gate, so it appears to impact all navigation, not just orders given to player ships. Note: I have no Blacklists that might prevent travel through this gate. Note 2: I'm aware that similar bugs are present in the Vanilla game - namely around the Split Factions borders with Xenon space, causing player ships to suicide travelling through Core Xenon sectors incorrectly. However, with this mod having a different layout, I guess it's unrelated in this case?

I understand DeadAir isn't supporting this mod any more, however, perhaps someone else knows / understands the cause of this navigation issue?

Scoob.

Polofix

Re: [MOD]DeadAirDynamicWars

Post by Polofix » Tue, 10. Nov 20, 17:37

DeadAirDynamicWars

Hello,
unfortunately the entry 'faction information ' (esc - extension options) does not exist. Therefore I cannot show a list of the faction relation or the ship list.
The MOD 'SN_MOD_Support_ Api' (V1.80) is installed.

How can I get the faction information?

The mod 'Civilian Fleets' shows me entries in the menu 'esc - extension options'.
So I assume that Sir Nukes Api works.

I have also tried it on a clean X4 installation to avoid mod incompatibilities. But the same. In the menu 'esc - extension options'
it says 'No menues registered'.

Please help.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 00:18

Hi again,

Does anyone know if DeadAir has something that runs every 15 - 20 minutes? My game is running fairly well for the most part, but every 15 - 20 minutes the FPS will drop to single figures for a few seconds before recovering fully.

Note: While I do run multiple Mods, I recently started a fresh game with DeadAir being the only new addition - I did not get this 15 -20 Minute FPS drop previously. I'm not using any of the addin modules, just the base DeadAir Map.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”