[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAirGate Overhaul v0.5

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 14. Apr 19, 05:42

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 19, 04:52
That's a great idea, I'll definitely set that up. Thanks for the suggestion!
Quickest fix I did was just move the whole folder of what Vortex installed (Extensions) in your Doc X4 save folder back into the X4 root they will still work the symbolic links get created my Vortex and so it makes no difference where it installs too provided you have the mirror file enabled which is the MKLINK and that is what it does by default anyway asks when you set up your mod install location.

Otherwise, you will have mods in two locations and X4 does not like this, so just move them all which are all 0kb file anyway as it is just a special shortcut or attempt to fix Vortex as mine used to install them into the Root of X4 then one day it moved them to Docs
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 1. May 19, 18:04

Coming soon:
HAT/ALI/SCA/MIN have full economies and faction logic.
HAT/ALI/SCA have their own shipyard/wharf and assortment of blueprints.
6 new sectors (they still all look the same :P )
Complete rewrite of all the jobs.
Plunder ships are no longer spawned but built at a shipyard/wharf.
Changed faction colors for easier differentiation on map.
Replaced all superhighway gates in multi sector clusters with actual gates.

Unfortunately, this requires a new game. Anyone interested in helping to test?

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Thu, 2. May 19, 20:47

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 1. May 19, 18:04
Unfortunately, this requires a new game. Anyone interested in helping to test?
I could test 6-8h on Saturday. Any specific I should test?

laseraces
x4

Post by laseraces » Thu, 9. May 19, 01:05

For the life of me i cannot figure out if this mod is actually running for me. Cant seem to find any new sectors

Is there a good known link between 2 sectors that could be used to test if its working on an install? Is the continued existence of superhighways enough of an indicator it didnt load?
ex, the sector overview you posted shows Argon P->Second Contact II Flashpoint->Sayas Choice->Litany
is Says and litany not being between SCIIFP and TS an indicator the gates didnt get rearranged?

this games finickyness with modding is driving me nuts(win 7 so i constantly have to deal with the packing)

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Thu, 9. May 19, 12:39

laseraces wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 01:05
For the life of me i cannot figure out if this mod is actually running for me. Cant seem to find any new sectors

Is there a good known link between 2 sectors that could be used to test if its working on an install? Is the continued existence of superhighways enough of an indicator it didnt load?
ex, the sector overview you posted shows Argon P->Second Contact II Flashpoint->Sayas Choice->Litany
is Says and litany not being between SCIIFP and TS an indicator the gates didnt get rearranged?

this games finickyness with modding is driving me nuts(win 7 so i constantly have to deal with the packing)
Pretty sure you just have to plop the mods into your X4 directory into an extension dir and NOT use the my documents path with win7 tho I have been doing this since day 1 regardless.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 9. May 19, 18:39

laseraces wrote:

If the main superhighway is in, then it isn't loading correctly. I don't have win 7 so it's impossible for me to test but if my understanding is correct then:

If you are packing the files, you will need to pack it into two files. Edit: Looks like I had it backwards. Edit2: Looks like I was completely wrong.
From asking on discord:
All files go in ext_01.cat/dat. This must still be placed in the game's extensions folder.

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAirGate Overhaul v0.6

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 9. May 19, 21:39

Uploaded new version of main mod and submods. Added additional submods.

laseraces
x4

Post by laseraces » Fri, 10. May 19, 00:28

ledhead900 wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 12:39
laseraces wrote:

Pretty sure you just have to plop the mods into your X4 directory into an extension dir and NOT use the my documents path with win7 tho I have been doing this since day 1 regardless.
they are in the root

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 18:39

If the main superhighway is in, then it isn't loading correctly. I don't have win 7 so it's impossible for me to test but if my understanding is correct then:

If you are packing the files, you will need to pack it into two files. Edit: Looks like I had it backwards. Edit2: Looks like I was completely wrong.
From asking on discord:
All files go in ext_01.cat/dat. This must still be placed in the game's extensions folder.
has to be be either something that screwed up when i packed it or my entire installed went ****. i got it in one cat/dat at the moment. the compatibility patches and whatnot would be treated as their own mod and not a sub for the main right?

currently ive gone down to only the base DAGO and Myesterials FF and its still not activating the gate/superhighway portion. Ill just have to try a full clean install with only DAGO next to see if it will work.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 10. May 19, 01:18

Hmmm that is strange. Each of the submods are separate mods technically so they should be separate.

What system are you in when you start? The v0.5 didn't remove the "superhighway" gates in multi sector clusters like Black Hole Sun or Grand Exchange for example but it did remove the circular superhighway from the universe. Annoying naming scheme for sure.

If you are starting in one of the sectors mentioned above, v0.6 will have all gates be normal gates. Might be easier to check that way.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 10. May 19, 11:07

laseraces wrote:
Fri, 10. May 19, 00:28
ledhead900 wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 12:39
laseraces wrote:

they are in the root

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 18:39

From asking on discord:
has to be be either something that screwed up when i packed it or my entire installed went ****. i got it in one cat/dat at the moment. the compatibility patches and whatnot would be treated as their own mod and not a sub for the main right?

currently ive gone down to only the base DAGO and Myesterials FF and its still not activating the gate/superhighway portion. Ill just have to try a full clean install with only DAGO next to see if it will work.
Tell me which mods you are using of his,
I only see an issue of improper cat packing or the mods subfolders are all messed up somehow.
You did not actually just drag his mods into a cat did you?

A best practice is you need to have the mod folders for each mod located in "X4 Foundations\extensions" now download Xtools if not already, run XRCatToolGUI , open up the extension folder in a new window or use the browse button import all of the mods folders into the cat, if there are any UI folders import them separate as new cat with the name subst_01 (this is required or they will not override the vanilla lua functions), you MUST KEEP FOLDER HIRACHARY intact.
This is what a correct import should look like if you include all of DeadAirs work minus his game start mod.
https://i.imgur.com/aKCIc3A.gifv

I went ahead merged everything for you and in case he wanted to use it as an example later.
Tested and functional cat file, tested on 2.5 Beta 4. (yes the supply ships are spawning and being used by AI)
DeadAir's Mod's Merged - All of his mods, including the new supplement mod for making minor factions major fully functional factions, No WWGamestart.
Faction Fixes Merged - DeadAirs Version of faction fixes slightly modified to his taste for DeadAir Universe, ALL modules except catchup.

Install the mods here

Proof that it is working -
Started a new game with one of my game starts - no superhighway and the jumpgates are deffo his universes.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

laseraces
x4

Post by laseraces » Fri, 10. May 19, 23:26

ledhead900 wrote:
Fri, 10. May 19, 11:07
snip
i was originally using the base DAGO, ROR pack, and FOCW pack but had it reduced to only the base DAGO with no addons/sub mods(fill, god, jobs, ect).

if by "drag his mods into a cat" you mean use the X packign tool, yes? ive been following this post on repacking mods viewtopic.php?f=181&t=412563&p=4830277#p4830277, but it doesnt go into huge details on what to do with multipart ones like this so ive either been leaving the additional parts off, or treating them as separate mods(which until i started getting into gate tweeking stuff, the game was handling fine).

my packed version of DAGO has 81 files in it as opposed to your 714. looking through it again, seems like i somehow durped up big time and might have thrown the whole mod folder in rather than its contents?

**** me, all this because i cant into packing. i better go over the other ones i was doing with a magnifier to make sure i didnt durp up multiple times. The game itself really didnt seem to give a damn though and was happily running along thinking all that was going.

as an additional note, the win7 packing requirements do need all of the language lists in the content.xml or the game hangs on start.
ex:
<text language="7" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="33" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="34" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="39" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="44" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="45" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="49" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="81" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="82" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="86" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="88" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sat, 11. May 19, 05:41

laseraces wrote:
Fri, 10. May 19, 23:26
ledhead900 wrote:
Fri, 10. May 19, 11:07
snip
i was originally using the base DAGO, ROR pack, and FOCW pack but had it reduced to only the base DAGO with no addons/sub mods(fill, god, jobs, ect).

if by "drag his mods into a cat" you mean use the X packign tool, yes? ive been following this post on repacking mods viewtopic.php?f=181&t=412563&p=4830277#p4830277, but it doesnt go into huge details on what to do with multipart ones like this so ive either been leaving the additional parts off, or treating them as separate mods(which until i started getting into gate tweeking stuff, the game was handling fine).

my packed version of DAGO has 81 files in it as opposed to your 714. looking through it again, seems like i somehow durped up big time and might have thrown the whole mod folder in rather than its contents?

**** me, all this because i cant into packing. i better go over the other ones i was doing with a magnifier to make sure i didnt durp up multiple times. The game itself really didnt seem to give a damn though and was happily running along thinking all that was going.

as an additional note, the win7 packing requirements do need all of the language lists in the content.xml or the game hangs on start.
ex:
<text language="7" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="33" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="34" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="39" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="44" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="45" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="49" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="81" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="82" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="86" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
<text language="88" name="DeadAirPack" description="DeadAir's Mods Merged into one pack" author="Misunderstood Wookiee/DeadAir" />
  • My Merged is not just the DAGO it is all of DeadAirs modules including this mod (DAGO) that would explain the file count.
    The only modules of his not included are WorldWarStart, DeadAirDebug, DeadAirGateOverhaulROR.
    All of his work can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u67ngmm70t8b ... 2_0ka?dl=0
  • Packing Tool- Yes and No, I am referring tool the proper tool on Steam
    The packing tools posted to a forum are a copy of this but are likely outdated too as this tool is updated with X4 in mind, the official toolset included the cat builder and workshop support.
  • You are more than welcome to open the contents.xml, I will not support Win7 users, as Win7 is scheduled for EOL (End of Life) in next month (June) after then Microsoft is cutting support for the operating system and you will have to pay a hefty price for continued support. Win10 has mature for the most part no need to be using a now six-year-old operating system with no support for current hardware, yea Win7 is now almost as old as Windows XP was when Win7 replaced WinXP.
    Source: https://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term ... s-versions
  • By import all of the mod files I mean this
    You should NOT be dragging the entire mods folder into the cat this will not work. You want the files inside the mods folder.
    You also do not want any files other than the contents.xml in your mod when you use a cat file for the mods files or they will conflict.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Sun, 12. May 19, 17:14

Cool mod. Great work.
"Dead Air Jobs" + "supplement" sub-modules makes my FPS go kaput though :cry: (hope Im not missing much without it)

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Sun, 12. May 19, 18:33

Great Mod. However something in the supplement is causing game crash for me. Tried it with new game start and it loaded once but frames were like at 2.00 or so. Then it wouldn't allow the game to start at all. Removed it and the game started normally. I am using the 2.50 beta version of the game.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 12. May 19, 23:02

Azran_Zala wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 17:14
Cool mod. Great work.
"Dead Air Jobs" + "supplement" sub-modules makes my FPS go kaput though :cry: (hope Im not missing much without it)
Those two modules completely rework the jobs and make min/sca/hat/ali full factions with wharf/shipyard. It does have more ships so it's likely that your cpu just can't keep up sadly. The economy wont be as robust compared to having all the mods but it should still prove more interesting than vanilla.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 12. May 19, 23:05

boogieman335 wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 18:33
Great Mod. However something in the supplement is causing game crash for me. Tried it with new game start and it loaded once but frames were like at 2.00 or so. Then it wouldn't allow the game to start at all. Removed it and the game started normally. I am using the 2.50 beta version of the game.
I didn't test the mod with 2.5 as they were still making changes to it. It likely has something to do with them making alterations to HAT/ALI/SCA/MIN or it's just too much for your cpu to have full faction logic/jobs running on 4 more factions. Sorry for the trouble.

Motionblurr
x4

Post by Motionblurr » Mon, 13. May 19, 08:07

Azran_Zala wrote:
Cool mod. Great work.
Same here. My game comes to a grinding halt. Very little works. My CPU (AMD FX-9590) only shows 30% being used, but the game is unbearably laggy. The game didnt have any issues until this most recent update and i added both these sub mods.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Mon, 13. May 19, 10:35

2.50 Beta 4
Works fine for me, even has the Supply ships being used by AI and they spawn when starting a new game.
no crashes so far.

Yea lag is bit of an issue still I get the slowdowns sometimes as well, may or may not keep the heavy-hitting things installed out of beta but worth testing atm.
I would think the source of the lag for you tho is the CPU https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/I ... 7093vs1812, as the comparison vs what I have installed in my system atm is telling me that 8cores or not the AMD FX is not up to snuff for even Gen3 Intel.

The gap only gets worse when you factor in overclocking and right now my Xeon 1650 is sitting on 4.5ghz all six cores.
The only CPU's which are going to run heavy AI mods well enough would current gen Ryzen 2700's, thru to DeadAirs crazy I9 something, but even he gets lag with his overkill rig.
I think the supplements are a good test but for most of us we need to decide if we want more ships and active jobs or more factions because using both eventually is going to wreck the frame rate beyond enjoyable.
I mean if anyone was crazy enough to play X4 with AMD TR2 (thread ripper) I am sure it would run like butter.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Mon, 13. May 19, 12:59

Azran_Zala wrote:
Will try "Jobs" without supplements. Argon seem to be dragging their feet without it - leaving HOP who are take over the universe :roll: .
Ran a little faster but still < 20 fsp (this now on 2.5b)

I'm wondering if decreasing the quota values in jobs might help.
See most of them are 99+; what are vanilla's average values?

PS: I7-7700, 16GB DDR4, NVMe 960Evo SSD, GTX-1050 ti 4GB
Last edited by Azran_Zala on Fri, 17. May 19, 06:21, edited 5 times in total.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Mon, 13. May 19, 21:03

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 23:05
boogieman335 wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 18:33
I didn't test the mod with 2.5 as they were still making changes to it. It likely has something to do with them making alterations to HAT/ALI/SCA/MIN or it's just too much for your cpu to have full faction logic/jobs running on 4 more factions. Sorry for the trouble.
Update: I fixed the problem. It needed the updated beta version of factions to work with the 2.5 beta.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”