[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 21:02

Hi Shuulo,

I just started a new v4.1 game with VRO and smaller ships are behaving crazy. Ships are regularly stopping dead in combat, which is basically suicide, as well as instantly changing direction and speed regularly.

I'm flying around the HOP / PAR border sectors observing combat, and this behaviour is constant. I see ships instantly changing vectors, flying along new courses right away that they're not even facing yet. I see other ships able to do the same while in Travel Mode, making them near impossible to follow.

I know these issues exist in vanilla too, but could VRO tweaks (ship speeds etc.) somehow be exaggerating this? I'm really not sure what's going on here, I've never seen it this bad before.

Is anyone else noticing this? I just did a fresh custom (start in Argon Prime with a medium-well equipped Discoverer) and am exploring a bit watching the universe go by.

Scoob.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 23:30

hey, im not sure if this is a VRO thing or vanilla thing but it was hard to search for it...

anyone know what the blue bar represents in the shield/recharge rate stats?

https://imgur.com/a/Pte2gYP

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:56

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 26. Sep 21, 21:02
Hi Shuulo,

I just started a new v4.1 game with VRO and smaller ships are behaving crazy. Ships are regularly stopping dead in combat, which is basically suicide, as well as instantly changing direction and speed regularly.

I'm flying around the HOP / PAR border sectors observing combat, and this behaviour is constant. I see ships instantly changing vectors, flying along new courses right away that they're not even facing yet. I see other ships able to do the same while in Travel Mode, making them near impossible to follow.

I know these issues exist in vanilla too, but could VRO tweaks (ship speeds etc.) somehow be exaggerating this? I'm really not sure what's going on here, I've never seen it this bad before.

Is anyone else noticing this? I just did a fresh custom (start in Argon Prime with a medium-well equipped Discoverer) and am exploring a bit watching the universe go by.

Scoob.
VRO makes 0 changes to AI, if its broken - its vanilla issue

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 14:48

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:56
Yeah, I assumed as much, though I expect faster ships make it a little more obvious - it's Fighters that are really noticeably doing this. Thought I'd post here first as once "modified game" is mentioned in the regular sub-forums I suspect such things are ignored.

I played during the 4.1 beta and while ships would do weird stuff from time to time it was never this evident, perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 15:08

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 14:48
Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:56
Yeah, I assumed as much, though I expect faster ships make it a little more obvious - it's Fighters that are really noticeably doing this. Thought I'd post here first as once "modified game" is mentioned in the regular sub-forums I suspect such things are ignored.

I played during the 4.1 beta and while ships would do weird stuff from time to time it was never this evident, perhaps I just wasn't paying attention.

Scoob.
Yeah, it can make it a bit more ovbious. I recommend to try vanilla game and look for ai vs ai fight, if that is present as well then submit save to devs on techforum.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 00:19

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 15:08
Yeah, it can make it a bit more ovbious. I recommend to try vanilla game and look for ai vs ai fight, if that is present as well then submit save to devs on techforum.
I might just do that, hopefully get some time over the weekend.

Scoob.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 17:20

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 13. Sep 21, 17:36
Mod version 3.1 for 4.1 of the game is now released:
- Improved M weapons damage slightly to make them more viable
This includes spinal M guns for Hyperion and Centaur?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 19:33

ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 17:20
Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 13. Sep 21, 17:36
Mod version 3.1 for 4.1 of the game is now released:
- Improved M weapons damage slightly to make them more viable
This includes spinal M guns for Hyperion and Centaur?
yes

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 20:52

cerberus main weapons are by far to weak....
rocket ammount of almost every ship is to low. with this low ammount of rockets on a ship, there is no need to use rockets at all......1 shipo fit with 10 rocket launchers is firing 40x on a station and ..can fly away ...totaly useless...
the ammount of satelites on M and S ships ( espacaly S ships ) with 15 is to low.....7 satelites 8 drones for minerals ....

as for every turret : the mix between fast and slow firing turrets is to big ...there are turrets noone use because of low dmg or slow firing range.
mostly barrage , proton, plasma and is used .....
shield dmg every turret has .. but where is the hull dmg ? noone has hull dmg exept proton and 1 other from split ( came with 4.1 )

xenon ships cant be boarded is that from your side, or from gameside at all ?

xenon weapons are to weak, yeah i know they come with dozens of ships arround, but the weapons we can fit in our owen shipyard looks like some barbie weapons :P no dmg on them to even thinking about it to use them :P

is it possible from your side to change the fact that races and factions who are on the oposite of the map ( ex :i play with terran so split are on the oposite faction ) still comming arround ? i mean that they fly more far away from there owen home sector ?

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 17:02

Hi !

Your mod is absolutely fantastic and it's really nice to see that it's still going after all these years.

I found an issue with the Meson sound for the terran (either turret or main gun).

After sustain fire (more than 4 seconds), I still have the sound for about 7 seconds after I've stopped firing.

Maybe it's vanilla but I don't have a way to test it since the meson overheat very quickly in vanilla.

I wonder what could be the issue, maybe an old mod I haven't wipeout correctly ? I use the mod "Zsounds - Sounds Overhaul" but it doesn't have an impact if I disable it.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 17:14

Mystershow wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 17:02

After sustain fire (more than 4 seconds), I still have the sound for about 7 seconds after I've stopped firing.
hm, never had this issue, will keep an eye on it though

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 03:35

Ok I did uninstall my games and start fresh.

I've been modding myself and made a few changes here and there so it was propably me.

The problem has disappeared, I still have the "shooting sound" for about 1 seconds when overheating but it's not an issue anymore.

I still can't understand what could have cause this... but it's not an issue anymore and wasn't cause by this mod.

As usual, the problem lies between the chair and the screen.

Edit:

The issue has come back with a fresh start and only VRO, I don't know why, it was working yesterday.

It's happening after a second and third shot, it's like it was playing the sound twice as long

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't but it's always when I kept shooting until the meson take time to "reload".

I can avert this issue if I shoot for like 3 seconds and stop.

But I can't do anything for the turrets.

And I've checked your code and don't see any issues, I really don't know what is the cause of this, I'll try to change a few things in the macros to see the impact

Mystershow
x4

Post by Mystershow » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 19:14

I found a solution for my problem by changing some value in the xml

I've made the meson overheating quickly, to compensate they do a bit more damage.

For the turret, I've tried to make them overheat but it doesn't work unfortunately, still issue with the sound.

It's the only way I found so far to get rid of the repeating fire sound.

I still don't understand why it's happening and don't anyone complaining about that specific issue.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 00:54

Some errors I saw in the debug log

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fextensions%2Fego_dlc_terran%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_ter_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 22, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_arg_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 31, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fextensions%2Fego_dlc_terran%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_ter_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 22, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_arg_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 31, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_par_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 29, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_par_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 29, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_tel_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 28, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_tel_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 28, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fextensions%2Fego_dlc_split%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_spl_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 7, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fextensions%2Fego_dlc_split%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_spl_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 7, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:55

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 00:54
Some errors I saw in the debug log

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fextensions%2Fego_dlc_terran%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_ter_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 22, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_arg_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 31, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fextensions%2Fego_dlc_terran%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_ter_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 22, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_arg_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 31, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_par_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 29, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_par_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 29, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_tel_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 28, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_tel_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 28, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fextensions%2Fego_dlc_split%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_spl_tube_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 7, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

[=ERROR=] 0.00 LIBXML2: file:///extensions%2Fvro%2Fextensions%2Fego_dlc_split%2Fassets%2Fstructures%2Fdefence%2Fmacros%2Fdefence_spl_disc_01_macro?ext=xml%20xml.gz line 7, error 4: Start tag expected, '<' not found

Not an issue, those files are just empty as I reverted changes they made, but left the files in in case ill need those changes again.
Maybe ill move them to another folder instead not to confuse the system.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 18:06

short question, is there any way to use VRO without the weapons changing, and keep the vanilla ones ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 19:19

Halpog wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 18:06
short question, is there any way to use VRO without the weapons changing, and keep the vanilla ones ?
The weapon changes is pretty much the whole reason for VRO lol (for the most part)

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:32

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 19:19
Halpog wrote:
The weapon changes is pretty much the whole reason for VRO lol (for the most part)
well yeah but 100 new weapons and just 3 to 4 i use from them ^^ i already have my ship configs :)
not a single ship is using the 280mm autocannon or the ebg or a railgun or stuff like that ....
VRO is realy great but it has tooo much changes in case about weapons.....
ship changes , in case aboizut shield turrets and so on are great ....but why there was a need of 40 different turret weapons , when player anding up using 4 to 5 only ?

vanilla weapons would have done the same job :)) i mean changing them and thats it

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:12

Halpog wrote:
I would be a very bad idea. VRO weapons have about twice the range and bullet velocity than X4 vanilla. VRO files had been though with this feature. It is about sure that use vanilla weapons/stat, would give a poor result.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:41

Halpog wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:32
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 19:19
Halpog wrote:
well yeah but 100 new weapons and just 3 to 4 i use from them ^^ i already have my ship configs :)
not a single ship is using the 280mm autocannon or the ebg or a railgun or stuff like that ....
VRO is realy great but it has tooo much changes in case about weapons.....
ship changes , in case aboizut shield turrets and so on are great ....but why there was a need of 40 different turret weapons , when player anding up using 4 to 5 only ?

vanilla weapons would have done the same job :)) i mean changing them and thats it
That is your opinion, more options in this case isn't in any way a detriment. So what if there are more weapons? You use the ones you like and that is all.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”