[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 26. Apr 21, 22:39

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 22. Apr 21, 01:27
Spoiler
Show
snip
UPD RUS
only text id seems like a bug, everything else is a note to artists as those things do not follow vanilla way of doing things, not an error

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Tue, 27. Apr 21, 22:23

Hello Shuulo, is your md script "xenonfixvro.xml" from a previous version (i've played with last year) still working with your current version?
I think this will help the Xenons in my new game since they're at the brink of being wiped out^^

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 01:27

Berni wrote:
Tue, 27. Apr 21, 22:23
Hello Shuulo, is your md script "xenonfixvro.xml" from a previous version (i've played with last year) still working with your current version?
I think this will help the Xenons in my new game since they're at the brink of being wiped out^^
it is deactivated in current version IIRC

Kennkra
x4

Post by Kennkra » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 07:51

I don't know if this is a vanilla bug or what but asgard rear L turrets miss a LOT (and by a lot) and only happens when shooting enemies and are in front . I seen a few people post here that have the same problem. Is there something we can do about it? I tried with different weapons and same thing happens.

I kinda suspect that it's because they are so close together and facing to the sides by default.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 30. Apr 21, 18:04

Kennkra wrote:
Fri, 30. Apr 21, 07:51
I don't know if this is a vanilla bug or what but asgard rear L turrets miss a LOT (and by a lot) and only happens when shooting enemies and are in front . I seen a few people post here that have the same problem. Is there something we can do about it? I tried with different weapons and same thing happens.

I kinda suspect that it's because they are so close together and facing to the sides by default.
Turret placement was not changed. In Vanilla ranges are so short that you almost dont notice that.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sun, 2. May 21, 19:28

Hello Shuulo, are the highpower L-Beams (ion projector, tri-beam and positron beam) for AI controlled ships only?
Description says Argon, Paranid or Teladi ships only, but i can't find a ship from any of these races where i can equip these beam turrets^^ :gruebel:

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. May 21, 23:54

Berni wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 19:28
Hello Shuulo, are the highpower L-Beams (ion projector, tri-beam and positron beam) for AI controlled ships only?
Description says Argon, Paranid or Teladi ships only, but i can't find a ship from any of these races where i can equip these beam turrets^^ :gruebel:
I know the Argon Colossus can mount the Ion Projector in its L-Class turret. I use the XR Shipmod and several of the ships added by that can also use the weapon.

Scoob.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Mon, 3. May 21, 06:31

The Split Viper in my game can't equip any engines, the special missile turrets appear to be missing for it, and it doesn't seem to be able to equip any Split Large shields.

https://i.imgur.com/E44Hafw.png
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 3. May 21, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 3. May 21, 18:51

Drewgamer wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 06:31
The Split Viper in my game can't equip any engines, the special missile turrets appear to be missing for it, and it doesn't seem to be able to equip any Split Large shields.

Read mod description, missing shield is internal shield. It doesnt seem that you do this on split shipyard, they have all required blueprints, for special engines and missiles as well.
You can buy them also from faction representative.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Tue, 4. May 21, 06:00

Berni wrote:
Could it be an issue that the turret tag in the .xml-file isn't matching the turret tag in the turret connection line in the ship's xml file?

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Tue, 4. May 21, 06:33

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 18:51
Drewgamer wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 06:31

Read mod description, missing shield is internal shield. It doesnt seem that you do this on split shipyard, they have all required blueprints, for special engines and missiles as well.
You can buy them also from faction representative.
There is an internal shield generator equipped (you can see in top right of the screen-shot "1 x IG L - Viper Internal Shield Generator") :P

I think it might just be a rep issue though (I still don't have enough Split rep yet). I'll report back once I reach high enough rank.
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Tue, 4. May 21, 23:31

Greetings. First of all: thank you for putting in all this effort and making this mod.

Perhaps this was already noticed and noted, but i figure i'd chip in anyway: It seems the Terran Positron cannon has a typo. It reads Postiron instead.
Also, the description of the LEMPC has a / at the end of the last line.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 5. May 21, 02:01

Troubleshooter11 wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 23:31
Greetings. First of all: thank you for putting in all this effort and making this mod.

Perhaps this was already noticed and noted, but i figure i'd chip in anyway: It seems the Terran Positron cannon has a typo. It reads Postiron instead.
Also, the description of the LEMPC has a / at the end of the last line.
fixed positron cannon, thanks, cant see \ at the end of LEMPC description though.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Wed, 5. May 21, 10:13

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 02:01

fixed positron cannon, thanks, cant see \ at the end of LEMPC description though.
Excuse me, but are you ingnoring me??

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Wed, 5. May 21, 14:07

Berni wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 10:13
Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 02:01

Excuse me, but are you ingnoring me??
I'm certainly in no position to speak for Shuulo, but I do think it's fair to point out that this thread has ~1600 posts and Shuulo is just one guy volunteering his time. Maybe he just hasn't had a chance to look at it yet and he's holding off on a response until he's been able to investigate. Either way getting upset at him for responding to someone else before you on an easily resolved issue seems a tad bit unreasonable, personally. Speaking personally, If I had to resolve every outstanding issue before responding to anyone for the mods I manage I know for a fact I'd just never get to post, or alternatively end up posting like 4x just to cover all my bases. There's only so much time in the day and all that writing takes away from either making the mods or actually getting to play the game myself.

Since it seems like you have a fair idea of where the issue might lie (if there is indeed an issue) why not just take a stab at altering locally on your end and seeing if it works? Shuulo doesn't have access to any tools you don't and there's nothing he's doing that you couldn't if you cared to spare the time for it yourself and it would certainly help lighten the load on the guy carrying both of the largest mods in X4 atm.

I really hope this doesn't come off as rude, as that's not my intent; just want to lend a little perspective.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 5. May 21, 21:13

Berni wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 06:00
Berni wrote:
Could it be an issue that the turret tag in the .xml-file isn't matching the turret tag in the turret connection line in the ship's xml file?
missed your question.
Only Carriers and Battleships can equip those, Battleships can equip 2 of them only in certain slots, they have highpower tag.

Terrans though have Osaka and Syn in L class that can have their unique PSGs installed

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Wed, 5. May 21, 22:32

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 21:13
missed your question.
Only Carriers and Battleships can equip those, Battleships can equip 2 of them only in certain slots, they have highpower tag.

Terrans though have Osaka and Syn in L class that can have their unique PSGs installed
Sorry i didn't mean to appear rude.
Could you tell me the names of the battleships that can install these L towers? And does the tag in the XML files matter?

Thank you :)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 5. May 21, 23:44

Berni wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 22:32
Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 21:13
missed your question.

Sorry i didn't mean to appear rude.
Could you tell me the names of the battleships that can install these L towers? And does the tag in the XML files matter?

Thank you :)
VRO battleships are listed on VRO wiki, every high powered gun has unique tag

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 8. May 21, 15:20

so after a couple hundred hours with VRO it seems that station defenses are overpowered. After an initial dynamic shakeup you got certain fixed frontlines. And eventually these can never ever change again. It doesn't matter if i massively increase fleet sizes with FOCW or use AI tweaks so that the NPCs form bigger attack fleets. Even dozens of destroyers get pulverized almost instantly by a single defense platform camping at the jumpgate. Makes me wonder what happens if stations were entirely unarmed. Or at least limited to anti-fighter weaponry only and with like 80% less guns overall to make this somewhat balanced again.

Did anybody actually experience major territorial conquests between NPC empires?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 8. May 21, 18:30

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 15:20
so after a couple hundred hours with VRO it seems that station defenses are overpowered. After an initial dynamic shakeup you got certain fixed frontlines. And eventually these can never ever change again. It doesn't matter if i massively increase fleet sizes with FOCW or use AI tweaks so that the NPCs form bigger attack fleets. Even dozens of destroyers get pulverized almost instantly by a single defense platform camping at the jumpgate. Makes me wonder what happens if stations were entirely unarmed. Or at least limited to anti-fighter weaponry only and with like 80% less guns overall to make this somewhat balanced again.

Did anybody actually experience major territorial conquests between NPC empires?
station OOS damage will be nerfed in next patch

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”