[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 22:07

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 21:54
This would not make Takoba redundant as it has two heavy weapons slots vs Kuri One Heav and two normal.
Thats exactly why I wont do this

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 22:29

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 22:07
Thats exactly why I wont do this
Hmm, what about alternatively giving both Kukri and Takoba +1 shield?
This would make them consistent with Gladius-Kallis duo of shield-guns ratio criss-cross:

Gladius 4G, 2S
Kallis 2G, 4S

This would make them like this:
Kukri 3 G, 2S
Takoba 2 G, 3S

I was always finding Kukri kinda odd one comparing to rest of Terran fighters, albeit I don't have a full grasp of VRO internal shield generators.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 01:57

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 17:16

They use same tags as regular missile turrets...
It could be, and here is the problem, because you can away install such turrets on a standard emplacement. Heavy argon freighters, such as Sonra, are good exemple for having a basic standard only Large turrets emplacement able to host cruise missiles turrets anyway.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 03:15

To come back to the factions battleships, I feel obsolete now, you said you ddint saw any balance problem. MAy be, but I also feel yoy will not dind to much people to buy or produce a corona, a deimos or a fulmar. The Gharial is, imo, the only one to be appealing. It is a bit sad because split have already an heresy called the raptor which is supposed to be a carrier but host an impressive heavy artillery.

I also made the supposition you dodged the subject as secondary, because you had already not enough time for top priority ones.

Shortly, I worked on my side instead. It s to you if it fit with the vision of your mod. If it did, no need to credit, nobody will read it that anyway.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2651330555

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2651330902

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2651331163

Technically speaking it is a battlecruiser. Rear docking bridges, fighters hangars deck and maintenance facilities have been remove, to place instead an armoured casemate.
The armoured casemate is supposed to host and secure the ship magazines and possible the secondary gun director. It is on the upper part of the casemate we can find the only authorized HighPower and missiles turrets on the ships. Like fighters (or worst frigates) and their ammo are considered as very dangerous onboard a first line battle ship, all of them have been banned to avoid catastrophic internal explosions.

Shortly no fighters, scout ect ... can land or be host on this ships.

Cost of the casemates had been added to the initial ship cost. Docking area have not been computed in return. It is supposed to cover the claytrnic difference if any.

I had fist removed the central engine. Speed dropped to 137 and wished to explained the engine had been converted in power plant to support the third XL shield and additional armement. Sadly with a 48 000 tons containers hanger, now useless, it is hard to stay credible pretending no place exist to host addition energy generators.
Units are unchanged. Radar range had been dropped to 65, despite I found no reasons to explain it.

Missile reserve is all in the casemate and had been upgraded at expense of former space occupied by plane hangars and maintenance bay.
Launch tubes are supposed to had be converved in anti explosion tubes.
Remaining of the 48 000 tons hangars have been sacrified to not overload the ship and keep preformance. It is rumored this space had been partionned, vaccumed or filled with inert gases.

148800 hull point had been added, equal to one defence tube. It may be explained by security measures and restriction to increased ship survivability, and the addition of a restricted armoured area.

Origin of the concept is supposed to come from the collaboration of an excentric mining CEO working for the realm in the pious mists, and the paranids navy.

nota ; My only real concern is the top speed. I feel it a bit weak on two engines and a bit high with three (equal the Zeus Sentinel).

If it dont fit you, dont make problems to say it. I had fun to create the ship.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 10:03

I found one bug that probably has been already reported - Teladi Large turret Kinetic battery is missing a turret picture in Shipyard screen.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 12:00

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 10:03
I found one bug that probably has been already reported - Teladi Large turret Kinetic battery is missing a turret picture in Shipyard screen.
its not VRO weapon

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 12:43

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 12:00
mr.WHO wrote:
its not VRO weapon
Damn, this means it's from SVE as it's only other mod that I have installed.
Sorry for nagging this much lately.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 12:57

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 12:43
Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 12:00
mr.WHO wrote:
its not VRO weapon
Damn, this means it's from SVE as it's only other mod that I have installed.
Sorry for nagging this much lately.
you sure? SVE should not have weapons
only L kinetic gun for Teladi is gauss cannon, do you mean SCA rapid fire kiteic gun maybe?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 13:51

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 12:57
only L kinetic gun for Teladi is gauss cannon, do you mean SCA rapid fire kiteic gun maybe?
Yes, this one - it has TEL marking when i check it in custom gamestart menu.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 13:53

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 13:51
Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 11. Nov 21, 12:57
Yes, this one - it has TEL marking when i check it in custom gamestart menu.
its fixed for next patch

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 16:09

Teladi Positron Beams give me Freespace 2 nostalgia.
Argon Ion beams give me Homeworld 2 nostalgia.

Both sounds and looks badass in combat :D

Altogether I love how well the combined warfare works in VRO.
It's a pleasure to see my fleet in combat.

Even siege of Xenon stations is fun, while in vanilla it was tedious chore.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 16:48

One last thing - have you considered adding VRO depth to lasertowers and drones?

Like adding more powerful lasertowers (M-size and L-size) and more combat drones (or even racial combat drones)?

Or even racialized heavy Lasertowers, like Positron, Ion, Mjolnir, TriBeam?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 17:40

Is this know/reported bug that Viper missile frigate is always purple? Like it's texture don't work with default paint mods.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 18:40

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 18. Nov 21, 17:40
Is this know/reported bug that Viper missile frigate is always purple? Like it's texture don't work with default paint mods.
its not always purple, its just somehow inverting the colors it seems, not sure I can fix this without original artist though.
Zyarth Viper is correctly red I believe

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 19:09

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 18. Nov 21, 18:40
mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 18. Nov 21, 17:40
its not always purple, its just somehow inverting the colors it seems, not sure I can fix this without original artist though.
Zyarth Viper is correctly red I believe
Not sure if it's possible and how much work it is, but vanilla SVE (non-VRO one) has a Viper model with texture working correctly.
Maybe it would be possible to ask them for model exchange?

dantebelmondo
x4

Post by dantebelmondo » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 05:19

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 18. Nov 21, 19:09
Not sure if it's possible and how much work it is, but vanilla SVE (non-VRO one) has a Viper model with texture working correctly.
Maybe it would be possible to ask them for model exchange?
The problem is the model in VRO has the original red texture applied. Thus if you use the default Foundation Blue paint, you will get a purple Viper. On the other hand, if you applied the Zyarth's paint, it will be superly saturated red.

I combined SVE's xmf files and VRO's ship data in my personal mod. Because the meshes are not aligned, I manually changed some turrets' positions. This version has 1 or 2 more medium shield(s) and 1 more docking area. Other than the medium shields/turrets layout, the rest parameters are all taking from VRO 310, so the balance shouldn't be too off.

This mod depends on VRO (inherently Split and Terran) and only substitutes the Viper.

Technical details: Ship data is included. The Viper(s) in ware.xml and shipgroup.xml are patched to use the new ship macro. So it retrospectively works for the existing ship.

NOTE: Please undock your ship from the Viper before enabling this mod.

Split paint With scout, both grey painted Download Credits:
model: KrYcHokE
VRO: Shuulo
SVE: Luca
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 19. Nov 21, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 17:44

Thanks!

8igdave

Post by 8igdave » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 12:38

Hi Shuulo, love what you did with VRO. As an X3 player I just can't even consider playing X4 without it (though SWI is still on my radar to try). Does VRO work with the current 4.2 beta or should I be using 4.1 to play it? I understand 4.1 is potentially broken OOS though and not sure if VRO fixes that?

If VRO isn't an option right now, is SWI instead? Perhaps it's the kick I need to dive into the Star Wars universe. I've been holding off since I know you're still working on it.

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 18:42

Hi,

I'm having a hard time figuring out the roles of the many classes of ships. How do you compose your fleets ? Do you use a mix of each class ? What orders do you set on your ships ?

I'm not familiar with the military thing don't have a clue of how real marine works ^^
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 21:37

8igdave wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 12:38
Hi Shuulo, love what you did with VRO. As an X3 player I just can't even consider playing X4 without it (though SWI is still on my radar to try). Does VRO work with the current 4.2 beta or should I be using 4.1 to play it? I understand 4.1 is potentially broken OOS though and not sure if VRO fixes that?

If VRO isn't an option right now, is SWI instead? Perhaps it's the kick I need to dive into the Star Wars universe. I've been holding off since I know you're still working on it.
VRO still works even with 4.2 but OOS will be weird (though in 4.1 its totally broken anyway). You may still play it with this issue in mind, but I recommend to wait for 4.2 version.
SWI on the other hand was already updated and has 0.55 version that is made for 4.2

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”