[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Halpog
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by Halpog » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 18:06

short question, is there any way to use VRO without the weapons changing, and keep the vanilla ones ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 19:19

Halpog wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 18:06
short question, is there any way to use VRO without the weapons changing, and keep the vanilla ones ?
The weapon changes is pretty much the whole reason for VRO lol (for the most part)

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:32

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 19:19
Halpog wrote:
The weapon changes is pretty much the whole reason for VRO lol (for the most part)
well yeah but 100 new weapons and just 3 to 4 i use from them ^^ i already have my ship configs :)
not a single ship is using the 280mm autocannon or the ebg or a railgun or stuff like that ....
VRO is realy great but it has tooo much changes in case about weapons.....
ship changes , in case aboizut shield turrets and so on are great ....but why there was a need of 40 different turret weapons , when player anding up using 4 to 5 only ?

vanilla weapons would have done the same job :)) i mean changing them and thats it

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:12

Halpog wrote:
I would be a very bad idea. VRO weapons have about twice the range and bullet velocity than X4 vanilla. VRO files had been though with this feature. It is about sure that use vanilla weapons/stat, would give a poor result.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:41

Halpog wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:32
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 19:19
Halpog wrote:
well yeah but 100 new weapons and just 3 to 4 i use from them ^^ i already have my ship configs :)
not a single ship is using the 280mm autocannon or the ebg or a railgun or stuff like that ....
VRO is realy great but it has tooo much changes in case about weapons.....
ship changes , in case aboizut shield turrets and so on are great ....but why there was a need of 40 different turret weapons , when player anding up using 4 to 5 only ?

vanilla weapons would have done the same job :)) i mean changing them and thats it
That is your opinion, more options in this case isn't in any way a detriment. So what if there are more weapons? You use the ones you like and that is all.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 13:39

Is it intended that I see factions using other factions ships? Like a Teladi Eclipse Vanguard, or the Argon using a Pioneer freighter TL? Or do I just have a potential mod conflict?

Also, there seem to be no hull parts in my Young Gun start, ranging from Argon Prime to Grand Exchange to True Sight (about what I've explored in my new game so far). There are factories, and they seem to have materials, just not producing. Other goods are being produced at other factories, but I can't find hull parts anywhere. I can't find anywhere to sell silicon, either. I dunno if it's this mod, another mod, or maybe the game (though I didn't have trouble with the Terran start, I didn't get into commonwealth space until much later in my last save), but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 21:19

Hi Shuulo,

I meant to mention this before, but forgot until just now...

I've used the ARG Nova Vanguard in the past, buying a few from ARG Wharfs as a cheap fighter. I've got loadouts of these saved in light, medium and heavy configs. While these configs all still work when loaded I actually cannot recreate some of these from scratch. For example, I have a Nova Vanguard loadout saved that has two Beamers fitted - a great anti-fighter build in sufficient numbers. However, according to the outfitting page, the Beamer is a "Standard" weapon and only the Nova Vanguard's left weapon mount supports Standard weapons. The right weapon mount supports Missile and High-Energy weapons but not Standard ones. This means I cannot create cheaper loadouts using lighter weapons like I used to.

Is this a deliberate change? The Nova is a light Fighter in most regards and while it's welcome to allow it one heavy weapon, not being able to have two light weapons seems contrary to its light(er) fighter status.

Note: I find that fighter are generally more effective when they're fitted with matching weapons, especially when they can only fit two.

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 20:23

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 21:19
Hi Shuulo,

I meant to mention this before, but forgot until just now...

I've used the ARG Nova Vanguard in the past, buying a few from ARG Wharfs as a cheap fighter. I've got loadouts of these saved in light, medium and heavy configs. While these configs all still work when loaded I actually cannot recreate some of these from scratch. For example, I have a Nova Vanguard loadout saved that has two Beamers fitted - a great anti-fighter build in sufficient numbers. However, according to the outfitting page, the Beamer is a "Standard" weapon and only the Nova Vanguard's left weapon mount supports Standard weapons. The right weapon mount supports Missile and High-Energy weapons but not Standard ones. This means I cannot create cheaper loadouts using lighter weapons like I used to.

Is this a deliberate change? The Nova is a light Fighter in most regards and while it's welcome to allow it one heavy weapon, not being able to have two light weapons seems contrary to its light(er) fighter status.

Note: I find that fighter are generally more effective when they're fitted with matching weapons, especially when they can only fit two.

Scoob.
hm, i dont even remember when that change was made, ill add the ability to fit light weapon back in next patch

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 22:46

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 20:23
hm, i dont even remember when that change was made, ill add the ability to fit light weapon back in next patch
I don't know either, I've been using the three same templates for the Nova Vanguard for a while now, and it was only while playing around I noticed I couldn't manually set that particular configuration any more. Cheers, much appreciated.

Scoob.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 18:13

Hi.

Is there any limit on Xenon U spawn except its production time ?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 01:51

Malchar wrote:
Sun, 24. Oct 21, 18:13
Hi.

first one should appear only in 100 hours into the game

Trajan von Olb
x3tc

Post by Trajan von Olb » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 13:36

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 01:51
Malchar wrote:
Hi.

Oh, that's exciting. Is there a setting somewhere that makes all xenon activity start much later? Where can I find it (perhaps a reference to a line of code in the MOD)?
I would like to take more time with the start of the game and explore the great universe, maybe build a small factory and play in peace before all hell breaks loose and I have to react...

So: is that possible somewhere? Would be a nice alternative to weakening the Xenon, which some would like...

Trajan von Olb

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Mein Traum vom Glück ist der Traum von einer anderen Menschheit. (S. Lem)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 15:25

Shuulo wrote:
Malchar wrote:
Hi.

My game is at just over the day mark and I had a Xenon U invading HOP space a couple of nights ago. I managed to take it out with my fleet, but it made quite a mess before it went down lol. I guess other mods might have caused its early arrival. I also use FOCW and FWEE which are likely the cause if anything.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 15:50

FOCW can be a culprit as it adds jobs and may even pull Xenon U for them, but im not certain

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 18:22

Is spreadsheet from wiki are up to date?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 20:40

ScandyNav wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 18:22
Is spreadsheet from wiki are up to date?
They are now :)

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 13:57

Like always thank you for the continuous effort you spent! Regarding the time till the U appears. The wiki says 50hrs but you mentioned 100 hrs in one of your latest posts.
Shuulo wrote:
Malchar wrote:
Hi.

Xenons
Spoiler
Show
New V-class uses hull of the K destroyer but with long-range missile launchers.

K and V have improved turret loadout to reduce blind spots.

M now has anti-corvette plasma gun.

P now fields anti-fighter missile launcher.
New U-class XL carrier with unique weapons. ( it will appear only after 50 hours in the game)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 16:17

XTC0R wrote:
Wed, 27. Oct 21, 13:57

New U-class XL carrier with unique weapons. ( it will appear only after 50 hours in the game)
Oh, its actually 60, I forgot that i changed that, twice, lol
updated wiki

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 18:36

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 27. Oct 21, 16:17
XTC0R wrote:

updated wiki
Hmmm... Spent more than 68 hours playing the game, still haven't seen a single one U, is there any other trigger for their appearance, or have I caught another bug?)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 28. Oct 21, 00:47

MrBubble wrote:
Wed, 27. Oct 21, 18:36
Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 27. Oct 21, 16:17
XTC0R wrote:

updated wiki
Hmmm... Spent more than 68 hours playing the game, still haven't seen a single one U, is there any other trigger for their appearance, or have I caught another bug?)
If you haven't seen it it doesn't mean it's not there somewhere

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”