[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Starman01
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by Starman01 » Sat, 18. Dec 21, 16:51

Thank you very much :) I hope you keep the MOD Updated after 5.0, the improvements in the capitalship gunplay (mostly for looking at it) I really don't want to miss anymore, it just completes this great game :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 22. Dec 21, 21:20

Hi,

I've made a post on the Nexus "Ship Variation Expansion" mods page as I'm experiencing an issue, but I'll share it here also in case it's VRO-related.

Basically, I'm using the VRO version of the Ship Variation Expansion mod, and have done so for quite some time. However, since the v4.2 update, I've noticed the shipyard in Heart of Acrimony II is building Vipers (a missile Frigate) for the FAF faction without any modules. So, no Engines, Shields or Turrets, though the fixed missile launchers do work. Obviously this leads to the ship blocking the bay, only unblocking it if bumped out when another ship tries to dock if I'm in-sector and close by at the time.

My last game was in v4.1 with the same mods and the Viper was being built just fine in that game, only since this fresh v4.2 start have I seen this issue. I did apply the recent update to VRO - I assume done for v4.2 - so I'm as up to date as I can be.

Note: I don't think Ship Variation Expansion has a thread here on the Egosoft forum does it? At least, when searching for it the only mention was in other threads.

Cheers.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 00:47

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 22. Dec 21, 21:20
Hi,

I've made a post on the Nexus "Ship Variation Expansion" mods page as I'm experiencing an issue, but I'll share it here also in case it's VRO-related.

Basically, I'm using the VRO version of the Ship Variation Expansion mod, and have done so for quite some time. However, since the v4.2 update, I've noticed the shipyard in Heart of Acrimony II is building Vipers (a missile Frigate) for the FAF faction without any modules. So, no Engines, Shields or Turrets, though the fixed missile launchers do work. Obviously this leads to the ship blocking the bay, only unblocking it if bumped out when another ship tries to dock if I'm in-sector and close by at the time.

My last game was in v4.1 with the same mods and the Viper was being built just fine in that game, only since this fresh v4.2 start have I seen this issue. I did apply the recent update to VRO - I assume done for v4.2 - so I'm as up to date as I can be.

Note: I don't think Ship Variation Expansion has a thread here on the Egosoft forum does it? At least, when searching for it the only mention was in other threads.

Cheers.
I dont really have anything to do with SVE, you better ask its author, seems there are some issues on their side.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 23. Dec 21, 13:39

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 23. Dec 21, 00:47
I dont really have anything to do with SVE, you better ask its author, seems there are some issues on their side.
Ok, no worries, I thought I'd ask here on the off-chance you worked with these guys for the VRO versions of their mods. I've posted on the SVE Nexus comments - both the SVE mod and the VRO version - so hopefully they'll be able to respond when they are able.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Fri, 24. Dec 21, 19:30

What is behind new terran ships balance? Why did they got much more high power turret slots, than any other capital ship?
Another question: why there are two L class cruisers? They are so similar in their models.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 25. Dec 21, 21:20

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 23. Dec 21, 00:47
Hi again. I got a response from the author of SVE. He thinks that the VRO Viper overrides his Viper and there's not an issue with the Viper in his mod. This suggests that there's perhaps an issue in the VRO base mod or the VROified version of SVE. Beyond my ability to check and dig into this further, sorry.

Vipers don't appear to be built very often but the only two I've seen in my current game have been built with no Engines, shields or turrets, though they have had active missile launcher main weapons.

Is it possible to look at a saved game - where the ship ID is known - to figure out where the issue lies?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 08:14

If SVE is problematic, I'd be happy to drop it, if VRO had a bit more ships to choose (I'm really not a fan of using Supply Ship chassi as battleships).

How about porting some Split ships from SVE for Free Families and Fallen Families?
It always bugged me that they have most of the same equipment as ZYA/CUB, while they should be some kind of underdog.

There are some SVE Split ships that would be perfect for FRF/FAF:
X3 Raptor
X3 Python
Caiman (makeshift Frigate from L-Miner)
Taipan (makeshift Light destroyer from L-freighter)
Scorpion (makeshift gunboat from M-Miner)

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 12:28

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 5. Jan 22, 08:14
If SVE is problematic, I'd be happy to drop it, if VRO had a bit more ships to choose (I'm really not a fan of using Supply Ship chassi as battleships).

XR Ship pack in my opinion is much better than SVE.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 5. Jan 22, 13:58

ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 5. Jan 22, 12:28
mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 5. Jan 22, 08:14

XR Ship pack in my opinion is much better than SVE.
Nah, XR is even more of an OP and design mismash mess than SVE.

abc0000

Post by abc0000 » Fri, 7. Jan 22, 20:56

Why fighters don't use missiles against other fighters?

pesadelo
x4

Post by pesadelo » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 11:58

Hello shuulo , I have a question .Should i install reactive factions mod ? On the front page it says it inst needed and on recommend it is there but makes the game hard .

Thank you for the wonderful mod :D

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 13:58

pesadelo wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 11:58
Hello shuulo , I have a question .Should i install reactive factions mod ? On the front page it says it inst needed and on recommend it is there but makes the game hard .

You sure you are not confusing Faction Enhancer mod with reactive factions mod? those are different mods

pesadelo
x4

Post by pesadelo » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 16:41

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 13:58
pesadelo wrote:
Sat, 15. Jan 22, 11:58

You sure you are not confusing Faction Enhancer mod with reactive factions mod? those are different mods
Ohh maybe I did sorry about that .Excellent mod by the way.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 19:28

Hey Shuulo,

Hope you're doing well. Just wondering what you thought of 5.0 and the new Salvage mechanics, if you've had the chance to look. I'm playing around with them now - vanilla game - and find them somewhat limited. I can't seem to salvage Large ship wrecks - dunno if it's a bug or not - but it got me thinking of the possible addition of L-Class Salvage ships. Is that something you might consider.

Just having a random moment, don't worry about replying if you're busy or just don't want to. It's all good.

I find I struggle to play vanilla now after too much time with VRO and other mods. Never did like Egosoft's take on balance and have modified Weapons (shot speed) shields, hulls etc. since back in X2 days. Thankfully, VRO give me the exact balance I like, so things are easy for me these days lol.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 00:10

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 29. Jan 22, 19:28
Hey Shuulo,

Hope you're doing well. Just wondering what you thought of 5.0 and the new Salvage mechanics, if you've had the chance to look. I'm playing around with them now - vanilla game - and find them somewhat limited. I can't seem to salvage Large ship wrecks - dunno if it's a bug or not - but it got me thinking of the possible addition of L-Class Salvage ships. Is that something you might consider.

Just having a random moment, don't worry about replying if you're busy or just don't want to. It's all good.

I find I struggle to play vanilla now after too much time with VRO and other mods. Never did like Egosoft's take on balance and have modified Weapons (shot speed) shields, hulls etc. since back in X2 days. Thankfully, VRO give me the exact balance I like, so things are easy for me these days lol.
I remember from that Bernd mentioned on interview that large wrecks will be recyclable with special XL salvage ship that will come in DLC, it will cut them into blocks. So I will only update the DLC assets for now, and we will see how easy it is to add such ships

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 00:26

Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 30. Jan 22, 00:10
I remember from that Bernd mentioned on interview that large wrecks will be recyclable with special XL salvage ship that will come in DLC, it will cut them into blocks. So I will only update the DLC assets for now, and we will see how easy it is to add such ships
That's cool, I missed that comment from Bernd. So, not all aspects will be available unless you have the DLC too. Good to know. Was gonna get it regardless though.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Fri, 25. Feb 22, 12:33

Heads up, shuulo posted an hour ago on Reddit that VRO update won't be instant with the DLC release.
Because shuulo is from Ukraine and had to evacuate.
https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... e_delayed/

EmeraldFlint
x4

Post by EmeraldFlint » Sat, 26. Feb 22, 10:36

magitsu wrote:
Fri, 25. Feb 22, 12:33
Heads up, shuulo posted an hour ago on Reddit that VRO update won't be instant with the DLC release.
Goodspeed and good luck

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 28. Feb 22, 00:37

magitsu wrote:
Thanks for sharing this magitsu. I don't have a reddit account - very much a read-only person in that regard - so I was totally unaware of this. Stay safe Shuulo!

Alewx
x4

Post by Alewx » Tue, 15. Mar 22, 14:09

magitsu wrote:
yep huge thanks for pointing at this.
Really the best hopes for Shuulo.
I7 9900k 4GHz
RTX 3080TI
32GB Corsair
Win10 64bit

But now on a freaking fast SSD aber immernoch ziemlich lahm beim laden :(

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”