[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mr.WHO
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 3. Nov 21, 15:19

I se you already have an eye for SDP Tritor:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 2637879265

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 4. Nov 21, 23:05

"Powered beam L turrets can be equipped by Carriers and in limited number by Battleships (not available for Split battleship and carrier) and in case for Terrans - on their destroyers as well."

Where I can find 'powered beam turrets", especially for Terrans?

I tried to create a ship in custom game start, but can't find them anywhere (I've cheked various races carriers and mentioned Terran destroyers).

I have only installed VRO X-Tra ship packs and SVE

Todesgleiter
x4

Post by Todesgleiter » Sat, 6. Nov 21, 19:58

I don't think Terrans have acces to these "Powered Beam Turrets" since the Tokyo has no "L" turrets (or is this changed in VRO? Don't have a Tokyo myself yet) and the Asgard already has a pretty powerfull beam weapon.

Btw. i have a question/request regarding weapons, especially Terran weapons. Is there any Chance to convince you to add additional weapons for the Terrans/Segari since they are quite limited if you want to play a purist (like myself)? Specifically i wanted to request a "M" version of the EMP cannon since i like it on Fighters as a sort of heavy allrounder. Could be fitting in between the existing light and heavy weapons. (More firerate and projektile speed than the graviton thing but less Firepower and maybe range to balance it out).
Also a "M" turret Version of the EMP's would be nice to have. The Meson turrets do good work as a "heavy" Terran m Turret but i am shure it woul be possible to fit an additionall heavy turret in without destroying the balance since everyone else also has multiple "heavy" m turrets availabe.
Last but not least i also wandted to request a "m" turret version of the starbust shockwave cannon since "l" slots are kinda sparce. To sparce to "sacrifice" them for a pure anti fighter weapon in my opinion. (at least on single ships in fleets this is a different matter)

Thanks in advance for atleast considering it :P

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 11:46

To stay on L turrets subject.

VRO include ''Battleships". However Egosoft tend to practice the overbidding.

Now the 195 tons destroyers have more firepower, (and more large turrets) than battleship included in the mod. Some may say it exists other mods compatible with VRO to add ships, especially battleships. In this case it makes those included in VRO more or less useless.

What should be the solution ?

1) It works like that, dont change anything ?
2) Update hold VRO battleship to new standard ?
3) remove them ?
4) Anyway nobody care everybody play exclusively terrans now.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 12:22

the only ship with more firepower than battleship in vanilla is Syn, and in VRO it has much worse defense and is slower than any battleship, and is expensive as other factions battleships.
Dont see any problem in the balance.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 17:32

Is there a Terran analog to cruise missile?

I've been looking at tables in VRO page and only missile listed as Terran was Poltergeist:
https://sites.google.com/view/vrowiki/missiles-changes

I thought "ghost like name" missile were Terran - aka Wraith, Spectre and Phantom (for some reason I recall Banshee was commonwealth missile).

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 20:02

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 8. Nov 21, 12:22
the only ship with more firepower than battleship in vanilla is Syn,
Syn and asgard at coh, but also raptor at split vendetta. Destroyers started with 2 L turrets, one had 4, next dlc it was 6, now it is 8.

I played once, a game as terran. The place is so secure and peaceful than ''expensive'' means about nothing.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 9. Nov 21, 15:26

After a few days of test play, I decided to uninstall XR ShipPack VRO - can't switch off my brain seeing Paranids using Omicron Lyrae and Canteran ships.

I guess I'll stay just with SVE pack, that is more tame and aesthetically fitting.

@Shuulo:
Maybe it would be worth to conside porting Teladi XL megafreighter from XR ShipPack to VRO main?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... BD0D54782/

An possibly bigger Split L Freighter, so we wouldn't be limited just to Buffalo?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... F3DA8D36E/

These two seem the only gap, that can't be filled with base VRO or SVE pack.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 09:55

I decided also recently to stop my try with XR shipack for the same reasons. The omicrons are not only ugly, but also poorly match with paranid style displayed by others ships. I was also unable to disable unwilling ships even from a mod starting with a Z.
Malchar wrote:
Mon, 8. Nov 21, 20:02
An possibly bigger Split L Freighter, so we wouldn't be limited just to Buffalo?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... F3DA8D36E/
Buy foreign ones or build them under licences. Splits are not at war with everybody :)

@Shuulo:
I have a problem with cruise missiles large turrets. I admit my tries are limited, at this time, on the free custum start. I thought, this kinds of turrets should had been limited by adouble tags highpower and missile. At least for custom start a simple standard and nothing else in enough. Is it intented ?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 10:48

Malchar wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 09:55
Buy foreign ones or build them under licences. Splits are not at war with everybody :)
Nope, Split freighters are compact and fast. It's just that Buffalo is simply too small, so change to other races doesn't fix anything for me.

Same with XR Teladi megafraighter - 200k storage is simply the best, if I want to have station cosntruction materials ready in just one (or several) freighters.

Other than these VRO and SVE combo seems to cover everything quite well.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 16:27

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 10:48
so change to other races doesn't fix anything for me.
And for me it will be a Ferrari with a truck load, thanks :D

nota, your split ship with big load exist ; the Monitor, but I presume you will say it is too expensive.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 17:16

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 8. Nov 21, 17:32
Is there a Terran analog to cruise missile?
No
mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 8. Nov 21, 17:32
These two seem the only gap, that can't be filled with base VRO or SVE pack.
Nah, I dont see a need in them currently, XL freighters are only for players really as AI doesnt usually trade in big enough quantities to get any usage from such ship. As for splits - medicore transportation options is one of factions weakness, so not sure i want to fill that gap.
Malchar wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 09:55
I thought, this kinds of turrets should had been limited by adouble tags highpower and missile. At least for custom start a simple standard and nothing else in enough. Is it intented ?
They use same tags as regular missile turrets, their DPS and usage is not best in any way, and they are completely useless vs anything smaller than L and it even sometimes misses when too close to the target.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 20:30

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 17:16
Nah, I dont see a need in them currently, XL freighters are only for players really as AI doesnt usually trade in big enough quantities to get any usage from such ship. As for splits - medicore transportation options is one of factions weakness, so not sure i want to fill that gap.
True, they have no purpose for AI, only for me as a player, coz I like to manually deliver or stock station construction materials.
Having to schedule multiple runts with multiple large freighters is a chore, so I'm really missing an option for huge XL freighter.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 20:46

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 20:30
Shuulo wrote:
True, they have no purpose for AI, only for me as a player, coz I like to manually deliver or stock station construction materials.
Having to schedule multiple runts with multiple large freighters is a chore, so I'm really missing an option for huge XL freighter.
then use Aux ships, they are basically XL freighters, thats how I use them anyway

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 21:54

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 20:46
then use Aux ships, they are basically XL freighters, thats how I use them anyway
Wow, I missed that Honsu has 150k storage, so this will do fine.

P.S. Given that Kukri has seconds space for the shield, below the top one, did you consider giving it two shield slots?
This would not make Takoba redundant as it has two heavy weapons slots vs Kuri One Heav and two normal.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 22:07

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 21:54
This would not make Takoba redundant as it has two heavy weapons slots vs Kuri One Heav and two normal.
Thats exactly why I wont do this

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 22:29

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 10. Nov 21, 22:07
Thats exactly why I wont do this
Hmm, what about alternatively giving both Kukri and Takoba +1 shield?
This would make them consistent with Gladius-Kallis duo of shield-guns ratio criss-cross:

Gladius 4G, 2S
Kallis 2G, 4S

This would make them like this:
Kukri 3 G, 2S
Takoba 2 G, 3S

I was always finding Kukri kinda odd one comparing to rest of Terran fighters, albeit I don't have a full grasp of VRO internal shield generators.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 01:57

Shuulo wrote:

They use same tags as regular missile turrets...
It could be, and here is the problem, because you can away install such turrets on a standard emplacement. Heavy argon freighters, such as Sonra, are good exemple for having a basic standard only Large turrets emplacement able to host cruise missiles turrets anyway.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 03:15

To come back to the factions battleships, I feel obsolete now, you said you ddint saw any balance problem. MAy be, but I also feel yoy will not dind to much people to buy or produce a corona, a deimos or a fulmar. The Gharial is, imo, the only one to be appealing. It is a bit sad because split have already an heresy called the raptor which is supposed to be a carrier but host an impressive heavy artillery.

I also made the supposition you dodged the subject as secondary, because you had already not enough time for top priority ones.

Shortly, I worked on my side instead. It s to you if it fit with the vision of your mod. If it did, no need to credit, nobody will read it that anyway.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2651330555

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2651330902

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2651331163

Technically speaking it is a battlecruiser. Rear docking bridges, fighters hangars deck and maintenance facilities have been remove, to place instead an armoured casemate.
The armoured casemate is supposed to host and secure the ship magazines and possible the secondary gun director. It is on the upper part of the casemate we can find the only authorized HighPower and missiles turrets on the ships. Like fighters (or worst frigates) and their ammo are considered as very dangerous onboard a first line battle ship, all of them have been banned to avoid catastrophic internal explosions.

Shortly no fighters, scout ect ... can land or be host on this ships.

Cost of the casemates had been added to the initial ship cost. Docking area have not been computed in return. It is supposed to cover the claytrnic difference if any.

I had fist removed the central engine. Speed dropped to 137 and wished to explained the engine had been converted in power plant to support the third XL shield and additional armement. Sadly with a 48 000 tons containers hanger, now useless, it is hard to stay credible pretending no place exist to host addition energy generators.
Units are unchanged. Radar range had been dropped to 65, despite I found no reasons to explain it.

Missile reserve is all in the casemate and had been upgraded at expense of former space occupied by plane hangars and maintenance bay.
Launch tubes are supposed to had be converved in anti explosion tubes.
Remaining of the 48 000 tons hangars have been sacrified to not overload the ship and keep preformance. It is rumored this space had been partionned, vaccumed or filled with inert gases.

148800 hull point had been added, equal to one defence tube. It may be explained by security measures and restriction to increased ship survivability, and the addition of a restricted armoured area.

Origin of the concept is supposed to come from the collaboration of an excentric mining CEO working for the realm in the pious mists, and the paranids navy.

nota ; My only real concern is the top speed. I feel it a bit weak on two engines and a bit high with three (equal the Zeus Sentinel).

If it dont fit you, dont make problems to say it. I had fun to create the ship.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 10:03

I found one bug that probably has been already reported - Teladi Large turret Kinetic battery is missing a turret picture in Shipyard screen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”