[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by Scoob » Sun, 5. Jun 22, 16:04

Ok, this is really odd. Last night I was able to install the built-in Shield Generator for the Terran Fighters I'd captured, but only individually - I couldn't do it in a group as described. Today, I've loaded the game and I cannot install the Internal Shields anywhere I've tried - ARG docks, TEL docks and MIN docks, none of them have it listed, yet the ARG Equipment dock DID allow me to last night. Indeed, the Kukri I tested this with has its internal shield installed just fine.

Is it only TER docks that have TER internal shields now? Something is a bit screwy here and inconsistent, as I've successfully installed internal shields previously at this very dock on this very class of ship.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Has applying a saved loadout without and internal shield broken something?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 5. Jun 22, 17:42

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 5. Jun 22, 16:04
Ok, this is really odd. Last night I was able to install the built-in Shield Generator for the Terran Fighters I'd captured, but only individually - I couldn't do it in a group as described. Today, I've loaded the game and I cannot install the Internal Shields anywhere I've tried - ARG docks, TEL docks and MIN docks, none of them have it listed, yet the ARG Equipment dock DID allow me to last night. Indeed, the Kukri I tested this with has its internal shield installed just fine.

Is it only TER docks that have TER internal shields now? Something is a bit screwy here and inconsistent, as I've successfully installed internal shields previously at this very dock on this very class of ship.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Has applying a saved loadout without and internal shield broken something?
I've been unable to install ishields at different faction stations for a while personally but haven't looked into it

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 5. Jun 22, 21:57

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 5. Jun 22, 17:42

I've been unable to install ishields at different faction stations for a while personally but haven't looked into it
I'm just trying to make friends with the Terrans so I can access their docks. Hopefully it'll work fine there.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 6. Jun 22, 12:59

As expected, I was able to equip the Internal Shields at a Terran Equipment dock. I suspect now the fact that I'd been able to equip them on individual ships at that Argon Equipment Dock was a bug.

Faction-owned ships flying around are occasionally missing their internal shield, yet I'd managed to add this shield each time at an Argon Equipment Dock. Considering I'd captured ships from Argon, Teladi, Paranid and Terran Factions, I assumed the Internal Shield was intended to be universally available.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 21:46

Why in this mod several turrets have extremely low accuracy?
For example: flechette. It has better bullet speed than plasma turret and rotation speed, but it misses like 95% of the time. When plasma shots can quite often hit xenon P, flechette always misses.
Several other turrets also have this unexplainable low accuracy.

There is slight chance that there is another explanation, that flechette bullets are not showing hit flash or something that may tell you, that this shot is landed.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Fri, 10. Jun 22, 14:31

Flechette . Files seems to show an angle of 0.07 that is surpringly low and should make this weapon accurate.

There is something puzzling me at VRO. May be I have miss something. What s the point about large guns ? DPS is not higher than L turrets, nor velocity, nor range. Except fill em;pty slot for a bit more fire power, what s the point why spindled mounted guns ?

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Fri, 24. Jun 22, 22:43

I have a problem.
The file uidata.xml in documents/Egosoft/X4 folder contain huge amount of errors with string Error: File I/O: Could not find file and \\extensions\\vro\\ after that.
VRO files are packed in .dat, so i don't know what can be wrong there.
These errors do not allow me to save UI filters and i have to make them after each game loading.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 22:46

Hi,

I've bought the Blueprint for the Manticore, yet there isn't one for the Internal Shield Generator listed. The Tractor Beam Turrets are there, but not the IG. I'm speaking to the Representative at the Riptide Rakers Shipyard, is there perhaps another location?

Edit: I've just noticed it uses the Vulture IG and is missing its own distinct one. Off to TEL for the BP...

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Sat, 2. Jul 22, 22:31

Do you guys know how to make the Tide a threat in VRO ? even with this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/875 it's not doing any damage to M ships, only S ships get destroyed..

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 3. Jul 22, 12:05

Bozz11 wrote:
Sat, 2. Jul 22, 22:31
Do you guys know how to make the Tide a threat in VRO ? even with this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/875 it's not doing any damage to M ships, only S ships get destroyed..
I did notice that my ships are surviving the Tide. I have a number of Manticores deployed just doing general wreck hauling for credits - no station of my own there, just delivering to location Faction stations. These ships have had a few close calls, where their shields get low, but no/minimal hull damage. I did want to address this, to make the tide as dangerous as intended, but with the AI often times being a a bit poor when it comes to fleeing from the tide I decided against it. For example, one of my ships might be able to *easily* escape to safety, however, it just continues slow-boating along and doesn't use its travel drive even though it is trying to flee. I don't know if the Manticores are failing to drop their towed scrap when they flee, and that's what's slowing them down. Regardless, I feel that the tide would kill my ships due to poor AI rather than any genuine threat, so I'm inclined to not increase the damage dealt as I'd originally planned.

I think the flee the tide behaviour has improved, as I do see my ships successfully leaving the affected sectors and waiting for the tide to end. It's just that some appear to get stuck not using their travel drives to flee. I assume they *should* dump any wrecks they're carrying to flee? I assume that bug is that sometime they do not?

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Tue, 5. Jul 22, 18:05

Malchar wrote:
Fri, 10. Jun 22, 14:31
Flechette . Files seems to show an angle of 0.07 that is surpringly low and should make this weapon accurate.
I tried with Zeus-E top fully decked out with flechette. After 30 mins in a big battle between Xen and Tel at the game start in the sector next to Ianamus Zura I had roughly 10% laser accuracy based on the stats. Carrier was on the move for most of the time with all targets (which were mostly Xen S). I was a bit underwhelmed and might forget the flechette for now. Maybe player Jian with 6x Flechette could be interesting when hugging an enemy XL hunting for the turrets/engines with the small hull dmg component through shields.

What's the point of the spindle guns? They are the only thing that the AI can (maybe) use without flying too close and suiciding. Without them you have to use the KUDA AI tweaks mod (on nexus) for better results.

Starman01
x4

Post by Starman01 » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 19:53

Not sure if this mod, or vanilla, so I ask here ?

Is this mod adding some sort of emergency jump feature to xenon capitalships ? I am currently trying to improve my defense bases in my (modded) universe, since the xenon are obliterating everything. I have now added cruise missiles to my Gate Defense Base (Wraith missiles) which take an unfunny awful lot of time to build. Now, when the Xenon capital jumps in, and the cruise missiles are launched, the xenon ship is warping / jumping out (even visible with that jump effect animation at its old position). A minute or so later, it comes back through the gate, definitly the same ship because it also took damage from the annihilator guns.

So, I wonder, is this mod responsible for the jump effect ? (can't say I like it). I switched to cruise missiles since the game sometimes spawns the capitals not in the gate, but sometimes outside the gunrange of my station, i always put it 15 to 20 km away from the gate. Since Cruise Missiles have such a huge range, I thought it might be a solution. But the machines are cheating :) They jump out until I'm out of cruise missiles.

But honestly, it's annoying as f........ . because the Xenon capital warps out nearly immediately after the cruise missiles have launched, it doesn't stay in the system for 5 seconds. wtf :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 23:54

Capital ships traversing a gate will have that lightning-style effect, they do this when in proximity of a gate, though sometimes they will traverse a gate the "old" way. This "teleport through the gate" method was designed to help where ships clutter up the gate, waiting to get through, and is a vanilla feature. It did help with queues at gates, but not at accelerators and the like, which still suffer quite badly both sides of the Accelerator. Bottlenecks trying to enter and LOTS of collisions exiting the gate.

Starman01
x4

Post by Starman01 » Tue, 19. Jul 22, 07:48

OK, but what about the "Escape Teleport".... Is this a vanilla feature ? It never happened to me with Gun bases, I killed hundred of Xenon Capitals before. It seems to be the cruise missile that make the ship flee. I watched it yesterday more closely, the same Xenon K teleporting out more than 10 times , a few seconds after entering the system, and shortly after the cruise missiles have been launched. They have travelled about half the distance when the ships jump out

Codale
x4

Post by Codale » Sun, 14. Aug 22, 14:13

It seems that OOS damage parameters on S vs M ships are askew, when I'm OOS S ship moreya 3 star is winning against queens guard khaak but when Im IS the M ship cant even beat moreya shield regeneration. Is this a known thing already or do I have to do something ?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 10. Sep 22, 17:44

Patch 3.4
This patch is savegame compatible but some changes to ships may not impact already existing ships, so keep an eye on that.

- Reworked Terran Cruisers and their costs:
Shikoku - removed some L turrets, decreased costs, now covers fast frigate role better
Makharia - moved to PIO, they use them more instead of Osakas, decreased amount of L turrets, now on par with Osaka
Akita - decreased amount of L turrets, now fills the gap of heavy destroyer.
Sapporo - moved to PIO (2 battleships is too much for Terrans), rebalanced, reduced amount of turrets, increased radar range.

- Added new Paranid Battleship model thanks to Argon Matt! Name is the same as previous one - Deimos, old one is removed from faction and cant be built but existing ships will remain untill they die.
- Fixed Hound incorrect dock position.
- Fixed Shrike incorrect dock position.
- Removed ability of Xenon stations to equip invisible missile launchers (new stations only).
- Reverted change to Terran default paintmod, new ships should now have paint with red markings as in vanilla.
- Increased fighter capacity of Fulmar.
- Completely removed Argon Titan from the game
- Other minor fixes here and there.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 10. Sep 22, 19:53

Thanks for the update, very much appreciated. Currently having a blast in SWI, but will be sure to update VRO for my other game build.

Edit: Would it be at all possible to make the NPC Bailing present in SWI as perhaps an option additional download for VRO? I like the very rare chance of finding something free (who doesn't like free stuff) or the chance that I might force a larger ship to bail through combat, rather than with Marines. I find the balance in the current SWI implementation of this is pretty much perfect, as NPC bails are exceedingly rare, so it's quite cool when you do find something.

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Tue, 13. Sep 22, 11:26

@Shuulo

Hello,

I had updated to 3.4 but had to realize that the Argon Titan was now completely removed from the game. Before only the possibility of a new build was removed, but the already built ships were at least still available. Which made the ships all the more valuable when you couldn't build them anymore.

Now most of my defense and attack fleets have the Titan as their flagship. Highly upgraded and frequently modified. I put a lot of time into that. I have been playing this save for over 1000 hours.
The Xenon are very strong with me, they attack sometimes with several I's, so the Titan was the ship of choice with its strong hull to keep the I's busy.
I also liked the design very much.

Could you maybe create a way there that at least preserves this ship if you already can't build it anymore? For all those who already have some Titan in the game.
Deleting the ship from the game somehow messes things up for me.

I have now made a dowgrade to 3.3 again, together with ROR VRO Addon.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 19. Sep 22, 23:49

Eagle_Four wrote:
Tue, 13. Sep 22, 11:26
@Shuulo
Could you maybe create a way there that at least preserves this ship if you already can't build it anymore? For all those who already have some Titan in the game.
Deleting the ship from the game somehow messes things up for me.
Sorry for the mess, but i had to do that because of size limit, I added new model for Paranid battleship and went over limit for Steam Workshop upload, so I had to cut it, you can try to unpack the mod and add the titan model and other entries for it and it can work again.

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Tue, 20. Sep 22, 06:35

@Shuulo

I'm afraid I don't know at all what content I need to add back in order for the Titan to be back in the game. Could you tell me the content in detail so I don't forget anything or even better put together a package that will add the Titan back? That would probably be faster and easier. Maybe as an optional file on Nexus?

Hmm, very sad that game content has to be taken out to meet limits on Workshop Steam.
Whether Steam is then the right platform for mods? That is, if the next update new content is added, must be removed again other things, which then again causes problems in the saves? Or have I understood this wrong?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”