[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 5. May 21, 21:13

Berni wrote:
Tue, 4. May 21, 06:00
Berni wrote:
Sun, 2. May 21, 19:28
Hello Shuulo, are the highpower L-Beams (ion projector, tri-beam and positron beam) for AI controlled ships only?
Description says Argon, Paranid or Teladi ships only, but i can't find a ship from any of these races where i can equip these beam turrets^^ :gruebel:
Could it be an issue that the turret tag in the .xml-file isn't matching the turret tag in the turret connection line in the ship's xml file?
missed your question.
Only Carriers and Battleships can equip those, Battleships can equip 2 of them only in certain slots, they have highpower tag.

Terrans though have Osaka and Syn in L class that can have their unique PSGs installed

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Wed, 5. May 21, 22:32

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 21:13
missed your question.
Only Carriers and Battleships can equip those, Battleships can equip 2 of them only in certain slots, they have highpower tag.

Terrans though have Osaka and Syn in L class that can have their unique PSGs installed
Sorry i didn't mean to appear rude.
Could you tell me the names of the battleships that can install these L towers? And does the tag in the XML files matter?

Thank you :)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 5. May 21, 23:44

Berni wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 22:32
Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 5. May 21, 21:13
missed your question.

Sorry i didn't mean to appear rude.
Could you tell me the names of the battleships that can install these L towers? And does the tag in the XML files matter?

Thank you :)
VRO battleships are listed on VRO wiki, every high powered gun has unique tag

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sat, 8. May 21, 15:20

so after a couple hundred hours with VRO it seems that station defenses are overpowered. After an initial dynamic shakeup you got certain fixed frontlines. And eventually these can never ever change again. It doesn't matter if i massively increase fleet sizes with FOCW or use AI tweaks so that the NPCs form bigger attack fleets. Even dozens of destroyers get pulverized almost instantly by a single defense platform camping at the jumpgate. Makes me wonder what happens if stations were entirely unarmed. Or at least limited to anti-fighter weaponry only and with like 80% less guns overall to make this somewhat balanced again.

Did anybody actually experience major territorial conquests between NPC empires?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 8. May 21, 18:30

Hector0x wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 15:20
so after a couple hundred hours with VRO it seems that station defenses are overpowered. After an initial dynamic shakeup you got certain fixed frontlines. And eventually these can never ever change again. It doesn't matter if i massively increase fleet sizes with FOCW or use AI tweaks so that the NPCs form bigger attack fleets. Even dozens of destroyers get pulverized almost instantly by a single defense platform camping at the jumpgate. Makes me wonder what happens if stations were entirely unarmed. Or at least limited to anti-fighter weaponry only and with like 80% less guns overall to make this somewhat balanced again.

Did anybody actually experience major territorial conquests between NPC empires?
station OOS damage will be nerfed in next patch

Shadowx4
x4

Post by Shadowx4 » Sun, 9. May 21, 10:15

Hope the OOS isn't too far.In my case the ones who rely on station defense is the xenon the most and those poor guys need it or they will just get steamrolled. ARG/ANT for example seem to do a pretty good job at wiping stations at least on my game(I only run VRO and FE modules since i wish to avoid screwing with the balance that VRO intends to bring). If OOS is getting nerfed are the Turret hard points that where removed being re added(this is more of a selfish thought on my part the empty spots erk me lol). I do see a lot of stations destroyed one way or another between factions. Ive seen defense platforms get destroyed by a few mid size fleets, sometimes it takes them a few attempts. Getsu in my game was conquered by xenon had control of it and they had 3 defense platforms and the solar station. After essentially 3 way fight from TER/ANT/XEN ANT claimed getsu with TER still picking fights with them. TER built 3 Platforms and lost 2 and 1 with half life left. Just don't want the defense platforms to become too weak while there where other factors vanilla station defense was poor and one of the main reason i like VRO is that stations can actually defend themselves and not have a lone destroyer wipe out a station.

Shadowx4
x4

Post by Shadowx4 » Mon, 10. May 21, 08:23

Hmmmm it might need that nerf lol. using cheatmenu i spawned 10 Ks and a U. 8 Ks died and U almost dead for one platform. Either that or the U needs an Asgard level doom ray.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 10. May 21, 13:38

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 8. May 21, 18:30
Little announce what is coming in addition to station turrets nerf in the next update?

D3m0n5

Post by D3m0n5 » Mon, 10. May 21, 18:25

Hi where is the plasma incinerator for nemesis avant garde paranid, I am blocked because I find it in no paranid base :(

Please

https://i.postimg.cc/CMbR5zPR/20210510-125758.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 10. May 21, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Shadowx4
x4

Post by Shadowx4 » Tue, 11. May 21, 08:46

D3m0n5 wrote:
Mon, 10. May 21, 18:25
Hi where is the plasma incinerator for nemesis avant garde paranid, I am blocked because I find it in no paranid base :(

Please

https://i.postimg.cc/CMbR5zPR/20210510-125758.jpg
Should be in Godrealm wharf nemesis weapon slot M3/M4 for me its 2nd last weapon before misile

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 15. May 21, 00:55

Shuulo wrote:
I hope it also applies to khaak station. They are still invincible OOS. As soon as I show up, station gets damage and fleet will kill it, but I must be sitting there and watch, but OOS it sits at 12% hp despite being pounded by 20 paranid destroyers and swarm of fighters from 2 carriers :(

something is definitely broken with OOS calc for stations (probably engine, not VRO fault).

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 15. May 21, 16:11

djrygar wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 00:55
Shuulo wrote:
I hope it also applies to khaak station. They are still invincible OOS. As soon as I show up, station gets damage and fleet will kill it, but I must be sitting there and watch, but OOS it sits at 12% hp despite being pounded by 20 paranid destroyers and swarm of fighters from 2 carriers :(

something is definitely broken with OOS calc for stations (probably engine, not VRO fault).
I don't touch khaak stations in any way since terran dlc patch

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 15. May 21, 17:26

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 16:11
I don't touch khaak stations in any way since terran dlc patch
But do you know by chance, what causes this? Is there some hardcoded self-healing? They dont have repair drones, so I guess there might be some self-repairing. MAybe it is combination of massive HP points and healing using percentage values resulting in super fast healing? And strangest thing is that ships can eat most of stations hull without problem, but then station stops taking damage OOS and stays on same value until I show up. This is so weird.
Imho, with your tweaks, normal stations are pretty OK when comparing IS/OOS fighting results. Certainly better than it was year ago. Its just those khaak stations that are oddball. It is pretty game breaking since they can lure entire faction's ship output making them open for attack from other enemies.
I like khaak, but right now I would rather prefer removing them completely from game than keeping it in such broken state.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sun, 16. May 21, 11:53

djrygar wrote:
Sat, 15. May 21, 00:55
Shuulo wrote:

In my game with VRO these stations are easily destructible OOS. Maybe it's your other mods inflict that change or something else.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 20. May 21, 00:24

When ordering a minimum present Minotaur Sentinel, I was required to add a plasma bomb, there was no option to leave that weapons slot empty. Is that intentional, or an oversight?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 20. May 21, 01:18

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 20. May 21, 00:24
When ordering a minimum present Minotaur Sentinel, I was required to add a plasma bomb, there was no option to leave that weapons slot empty. Is that intentional, or an oversight?
Its set as Mandatory weapon but sometimes UI glitches, so its reverted to non-mandatory in next version.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 23. May 21, 04:14

The abandoned Cobra found as part of the Split storyline does not have an internal shield generator, and I can't add it directly when choosing an upgrade. I can however choose "minimum preset" during the upgrade and it will add this internal shield, as a workaround in order to be able to upgrade it.

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Mon, 24. May 21, 13:07

Is there a resource anywhere that tells the colors of turret projectiles, or will I need to test each one? I looked on the wiki through the excel sheet but didn't see color of projectiles listed.

I'm looking for L turrets that have yellow/orange colored projectiles specifically. I know Heavy L Flak will be one of them. I'm guessing Gauss Cannon is another?

alexu4326
x2

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by alexu4326 » Mon, 31. May 21, 13:10

Îs this mod limiting number of deployments to 25 for minotaur santinel?

ganlhi
xr

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 3.x

Post by ganlhi » Mon, 31. May 21, 16:52

Hello! I just started a new game with this mod, as it looks fantastic! I'm trying to find an information in the 106 pages of this thread, but no luck for now ^^
I read in the first few pages the boost was removed, but in my starting ship I still have it. Has it been added again in a recent version, or is my install broken? I would prefer to know before going further in my playthrough :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”