[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.0

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

shinden
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.5

Post by shinden » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 13:30

I have a similar issue to you Anthule,

Except I do NOT have VRO. I do have faction enhancer. I started with the chassis mod mission, picked up the nanite fabricator and took it to boso ta...no dialogue option, just an 'A'. When I attempted to cancel the mission, restarting it would not restart the chassis mission, but would instead start the expected mission for engine mods. Starting the engine mod research would do nothing.

Why it's doing this, I'm not sure, but I guess I'll be starting a new game, as I can't load an old one with faction enhancer removed. I'll just remove faction enhancer (I have a few other mods, so I'll troubleshoot those) and try a save I had before I installed it, I have a couple...then try the research missions...could be a while until I can report anything

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 13:32

Both these issues - duplicate stations and not able to accept missions, are tied to vanilla bug on how it reads mods if the DLC is installed, correct me Mysterial if im wrong). This is not something fixable without egosoft (but Mysterial provided possible workaround in this thread). Email to egosoft was sent, so let us just hope that this will be fixed soon.

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 15:59

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 13:32
Both these issues - duplicate stations and not able to accept missions, are tied to vanilla bug on how it reads mods if the DLC is installed, correct me Mysterial if im wrong). This is not something fixable without egosoft (but Mysterial provided possible workaround in this thread). Email to egosoft was sent, so let us just hope that this will be fixed soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtRNg5uSKQ0

I have a galaxy to burn.

Thurgret
xr

Post by Thurgret » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 16:15

JakubCW wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 22:42
have you tried adding the mod After you have started a new game instead?
I tried this, but after re-enabling the catchup module, the duplication returned.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 18:03

Thurgret wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 16:15
JakubCW wrote:
I tried this, but after re-enabling the catchup module, the duplication returned.
Just dont use catchup then for now, its not the most critical component of FE anyway

Anthule
x4

Post by Anthule » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 19:27

Apologies if it’s a stupid question, but is it possible to disable a mod and still load an existing save? I get an error message saying the the save can’t be loaded without the mod. I haven’t been able to find anything on it - Maybe it’s just not possible because of the scripts? Would be nice to salvage my existing save if possible though.

JakubCW
x4

Post by JakubCW » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 20:08

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 18:03
Thurgret wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 16:15
JakubCW wrote:
Just dont use catchup then for now, its not the most critical component of FE anyway
Still finding it rather odd how one game suffers and another doesn't..

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 20:32

Anthule wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 19:27
Apologies if it’s a stupid question, but is it possible to disable a mod and still load an existing save? I get an error message saying the the save can’t be loaded without the mod. I haven’t been able to find anything on it - Maybe it’s just not possible because of the scripts? Would be nice to salvage my existing save if possible though.
It depends on the mod. Normally the catchup module doesn't have that flag set, but I turned it on to try to avoid the duplicate station issue... unfortunately that simply caused it for a different set of people due to the nature of the bug. Technically, you can edit your save file to remove the dependency, but I am not a good person to ask about that.

steve_v
x4

Post by steve_v » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 02:31

@Mysterial, you have my eternal gratitude, you saved me a world of frustration and your workarounds are right on the money.

AkiraR
x3tc

Post by AkiraR » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 09:22

OK so after experiencing the unable to accept any missions bug (and the duplicating stations) I went through all my mods looking for save="true" or save="1" entries, I found a total of three plus the DLC, they were FE Catchup, VRO, and xR Shippack. I changed all of them including the DLC to "false" and have spent an hour zipping about the split systems saving and loading and saving again and loading, so far haven't seen any issues. What does this entry actually do? Will it have any affect on mod functionality?

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 11:05

AkiraR wrote:
Wed, 8. Apr 20, 09:22
OK so after experiencing the unable to accept any missions bug (and the duplicating stations) I went through all my mods looking for save="true" or save="1" entries, I found a total of three plus the DLC, they were FE Catchup, VRO, and xR Shippack. I changed all of them including the DLC to "false" and have spent an hour zipping about the split systems saving and loading and saving again and loading, so far haven't seen any issues. What does this entry actually do? Will it have any affect on mod functionality?
It checks if the mod is installed for you to be able to load the save. If you uninstalled VRO and XR ship pack then tried to load the save that depends on it... well I dunno what that’ll lead to.

It’s been mentioned before that save=true solves the issue with the catch-up mode for some and for others it did not.

-=Hed_GE_hoG=-
x4

Post by -=Hed_GE_hoG=- » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 16:40

So wait for fix and start new game? again XD

Rad

Post by Rad » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 17:49

And we have gone to 3.1 version just to make it easy :P

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 17:54

since 3.1 I see new line in log file. it says something about tracking catchup module if its installed so I think DEVs are on the case already

Bubonosaure
x4

Post by Bubonosaure » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 21:54

Currently, two FRF Monitors have been chilling forever at the same spot in Family TKR without any fleet around them, not patrolling nor doing anything, while a Rattlesnake hangs out by another station as a I and a K rampage through stations in Family TKR. I don't feel like factions are very reactive when their stations are being attacked. Other factions seems to be doing better for now but they're stronger. I feel like them losing a station should trigger a strong global answer from the faction. On the bright side, factions, with some a bit of help, have been decent at keeping their shipyards rolling.
I should add that many defence stations don't seem to be entirely equipped in turrets, but Egosoft never really bothered with this problem so that might be entirely unrelated.

Anyways, the mod seems to be doing fine without catchup modules in 3.1. I do have two VRO mods with save=1 though. I have to check how to activate the log to be a little more helpful I suppose.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”