[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

OOZ662
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 01:11

...is there even an update to wait for? The author seems to have kept up with the betas this whole time.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 07:25

Please hide under the spoiler, in the first message, the old version history. It takes too long to flip through. Thanks. :)

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 12:37

It's been updated, if anyone is confused. Both here and on Steam.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 18:44

Having an utterly bizarre issue, that I hope someone can put insight into.

So, I wanted to change the resources needed for Computronic Substrate, but for some reason the game would never load the changes.
I figured it was a mod conflict, and after some trial and error found any "Faction Enhancer" mod makes the Substrate unable to be changed?
I've already looked through the files, nothing touching Substrate. Deleted files till there was just a content xml. Still stuck. And then only on deleting the "faction_fix_pack" folders does my changes to Substrate take effect.

Tried old and new games, at a complete loss why a mod that doesn't touch Substrate, or for that matter even have any files, could effect changes that break other mods?
And it's not just my mod, DeadAirWares and a Workshop mod's https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2432454768 edits are also breaking from this.

Again, just at a complete loss

Edit:
I took the effort to ask, so of course I find away to fix it myself 2 seconds later.
Changing the id in the content.xmls to match the folder names, i.e id="ws_1668457361" to id="faction_fix_pack" seems to have "fixed" the game's issue.
Freaking madness. Now the changes to Computronic Substrate are being read by the engine.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:57

Aranov wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 18:44
Having an utterly bizarre issue, that I hope someone can put insight into.

So, I wanted to change the resources needed for Computronic Substrate, but for some reason the game would never load the changes.
I figured it was a mod conflict, and after some trial and error found any "Faction Enhancer" mod makes the Substrate unable to be changed?
I've already looked through the files, nothing touching Substrate. Deleted files till there was just a content xml. Still stuck. And then only on deleting the "faction_fix_pack" folders does my changes to Substrate take effect.

Tried old and new games, at a complete loss why a mod that doesn't touch Substrate, or for that matter even have any files, could effect changes that break other mods?
And it's not just my mod, DeadAirWares and a Workshop mod's https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2432454768 edits are also breaking from this.

Again, just at a complete loss

Edit:
I took the effort to ask, so of course I find away to fix it myself 2 seconds later.
Changing the id in the content.xmls to match the folder names, i.e id="ws_1668457361" to id="faction_fix_pack" seems to have "fixed" the game's issue.
Freaking madness. Now the changes to Computronic Substrate are being read by the engine.
the faction... does not chance anything regarding your changed files.
if your modded stuff is not plopping up, u have somewhere an error
i have a file with 10x prod modules where i can freely change what a factory needs. i even can totaly clearout any ressources if i want, and its always popping up
faction enchancer is not the reason u have trouble.
here are the files iam using :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w3NzjA ... sp=sharing
unpack the files, go ti folder libarys and open wares.xml wiht atexteditor ....
look for the BLUE colored stuff ONLY. dont change the green ones ( they are the repalced vanilla lines )
the blue ones are the one that are the edited and new lines, this u can edit freely
take a look at this here :
<replace sel="//ware[@id='nostropoil']/price">
<price min="20" average="34" max="47" />
<production time="300" amount="5000" method="10xteladi" name="{202060,401}">
<primary>
<ware ware="energycells" amount="100" />
<ware ware="spices" amount="40" />
<ware ware="sunriseflowers" amount="40" />
<ware ware="water" amount="60" />
</primary>
<effects>
<effect type="work" product="0.2" />
</effects>
</production>
</replace>
if u want for example to only need the ressource energiecells, just delete this 3 lines :
<ware ware="spices" amount="40" />
<ware ware="sunriseflowers" amount="40" />
<ware ware="water" amount="60" />
but dont leave them blank , it needs to look like :
<primary>
<ware ware="energycells" amount="100" />
</primary>

if it does ua re fine, save and start a new game with your changed stuff

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 16:49

Is there an easy way to adjust the Catchup mod? For instance some sort of control panel or instructions for editing the files? I'd like to remove the care package deliveries and lower the percentages a bit. While I like the concept of the catchup I want to reduce its strength.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 17:21

You need to make a mod to adjust values, but I add values in parameters.xml for the supply drop logic. Currently the raw percentage bonus is not editable from there, though - you would have to mod the code xml directly.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Thu, 28. Oct 21, 00:37

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 27. Oct 21, 17:21
You need to make a mod to adjust values, but I add values in parameters.xml for the supply drop logic. Currently the raw percentage bonus is not editable from there, though - you would have to mod the code xml directly.
Thanks. Another question.

I heard FE disables selling ships to ai wharfs. I assume this is to prevent people from exploiting it. However, what about people who aren't exploiting it who just want to ditch a ship? For instance, I capture a Teladi mushroom and ain't no use for that - do I just pile them up in a distant corner of the universe? I'm not selling ships from my own wharf but I do occasionally need to get rid of a ship - any easy way to disable that in the mod? Which one is it in?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 28. Oct 21, 06:53

The selling restriction is only for ships you build with your own facilities. Captured and purchased ships can be sold like normal.

MrBubble
x4

Post by MrBubble » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 14:06

Are there any plans to improve the Xenon AI?
Defense behavior is terrible.
Factions are quietly building stations in xenon sectors, but instead of demolishing these stations, xenons simply send their capitals one by one to attack other sectors where they die on defense stations.

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 16:43

Good day !

I found a bug with the War Module, I see many Xenon mining ships with orders to patrol.
MrBubble wrote:
Mon, 8. Nov 21, 14:06
Factions are quietly building stations in xenon sectors, but instead of demolishing these stations, xenons simply send their capitals one by one to attack other sectors where they die on defense stations.
Same problem for me. The Xenons do not attack with a single ship, they just send capitals and other ships on patrol to distant sectors, even if there is no safe way to reach it.
Last edited by Terre on Thu, 18. Nov 21, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 18. Nov 21, 22:08

Grom Alith wrote:
Thu, 18. Nov 21, 16:43
I found a bug with the War Module, I see many Xenon mining ships with orders to patrol.
If you have a save that doesn't have any content mods in it, I can try to take a look at it. Screenshots won't help.
Same problem for me. The Xenons do not attack with a single ship, they just send capitals and other ships on patrol to distant sectors, even if there is no safe way to reach it.
This is not a bug. Not all Xenon ships are allocated to a war action. There are some ships that are built just to run around and be disruptive.

Grom Alith

Post by Grom Alith » Fri, 19. Nov 21, 19:07

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 18. Nov 21, 22:08
If you have a save that doesn't have any content mods in it, I can try to take a look at it. Screenshots won't help.
I am terribly sorry, I found out that this bug with mining ships was caused by another mod, FE.

8igdave

Post by 8igdave » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 17:19

Is it intended that the AI will aggressively expand into unowned sectors in the first few minutes of the game? Nops, heretics end etc all building defence stations. Basically breaks the game for me since I wanted to do some piracy and they are the only safe places to do it really. Tried restarting a few times and it's clear that with FE installed it happens and when I restart without FE everything runs fine. Real shame, this wasn't the case when I played with FE a year ago.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 04:26

No, I haven't heard of that ever happening.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 09:01

Is this the mod responsible for my satellites getting constantly destroyed? I'll place satellites way above and below the ecliptic, and they still get taken out. I've seen a lone K fly 40km out of its way to blow up a satellite.

If it is FE, which module is it, so I can uninstall it. It's super annoying having to go and replace my satellites CONSTANTLY....

Like I don't have enough to constantly monitor already...

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 16:40

Hello,
Anyone know how work Faction Enhancer - War Module mod with 4.20 beta? In beta xenons are stronger, but i want to know how this mod work for other races? Im asking cuz other races don't claim free sectors near them in my game (whitout this mod of course). Anyone use this mod with beta?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 17:45

grapedog wrote:
Tue, 7. Dec 21, 09:01
Is this the mod responsible for my satellites getting constantly destroyed? I'll place satellites way above and below the ecliptic, and they still get taken out. I've seen a lone K fly 40km out of its way to blow up a satellite.

If it is FE, which module is it, so I can uninstall it. It's super annoying having to go and replace my satellites CONSTANTLY....
Yes, this mod enables the AI to target satellites. They don't have any magic knowledge of them; if a satellite shows up in their radar range (40km) then they may target it.

It's the War module, but that's also the one that does most of what people associate this mod with, so...

s1asher
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.41

Post by s1asher » Mon, 13. Dec 21, 21:19

1. is it compatible with 4.2?
2. Any chances that this mod will not trigger AI to destroy satellites?

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.41

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 14. Dec 21, 15:20

1. Yes
2. No

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”