[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.3

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Jul 21, 23:51

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation.
Rawr.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 12. Jul 21, 06:28

Updated for compatibility with the beta. Will also still work with 4.0, but fixes will only apply to 4.1.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 08:41

Does this also make interdiction probes turn ships hostile if affected by them? I just noticed this happen and I haven't seen it before.
Rawr.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 16:04

Interdiction probes?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 13. Jul 21, 16:11

Khaak_Slayer wrote:
Tue, 13. Jul 21, 08:41
Does this also make interdiction probes turn ships hostile if affected by them? I just noticed this happen and I haven't seen it before.
those are not vanilla, you better ask the author of the mod that adds them

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 14. Jul 21, 02:20

Yes I should have mentioned I'm using the sector satellites mod. Would there be any way this mod could interact with them and alter the behavior of other races? I just know it makes things a lot more reactive than vanilla.
Rawr.

Ashitaka-san
x4

Post by Ashitaka-san » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 12:42

I believe I have caused a glitch in my game when I installed these mods mid-game.

I was running a game already, with VRO and a DeadAirTweaks mod (there were a couple others, but they wouldn't have interfered with anything). I then decided to shut off the DeadAirTweaks and run these here.

Everything seemed to run fine until, recently, I have noticed that the autotrader will not trade for hull parts. It appears to trade for everything else just fine but, for hull parts, it won't work at all. This is obviously causing a major issue in my game as it seems that hull parts aren't being distributed (unless I manually do the trading) and the AI isn't replenishing their fleets.

I'm pretty sure this was caused by my removing the DeadAirTweaks and installing these mid-game. Even if I remove these mods now and resume the game, the autotrader still doesn't work for hull parts.

Is it possible that the above caused my problem? Or could it have been something else?

Lamquin
x4

Post by Lamquin » Sat, 7. Aug 21, 00:45

In the War Module, there is a feature listed as "Player can get paid for helping invasions".

How exactly do I as a player make use of this? Do I just look for the "'Faction X is attacking Sector Y" alert and join in, blasting enemies near the invasion force?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 7. Aug 21, 04:16

Lamquin wrote:
Sat, 7. Aug 21, 00:45
In the War Module, there is a feature listed as "Player can get paid for helping invasions".

How exactly do I as a player make use of this? Do I just look for the "'Faction X is attacking Sector Y" alert and join in, blasting enemies near the invasion force?
Yeah, pretty much. Currently it applies during the attack but before their defence station is operational. Once the station is operational you can get the usual rewards for defending it. You don't currently get rewards for killing ships in other areas of the sector, although factions with war missions will sometimes give you missions to target other stuff.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Mon, 9. Aug 21, 15:22

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 12. Jul 21, 06:28
Updated for compatibility with the beta. Will also still work with 4.0, but fixes will only apply to 4.1.
On the steam workshop, I am getting the last update 12 July, I guess you have to download it from this thread to use the beta?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 9. Aug 21, 15:56

Tharrg wrote:
Mon, 9. Aug 21, 15:22
On the steam workshop, I am getting the last update 12 July, I guess you have to download it from this thread to use the beta?
No, that was the update for the beta. Egosoft haven't made any breaking changes since then.

Byrus

Post by Byrus » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 10:41

Hi, download link not working :D

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 10. Aug 21, 15:08

Byrus wrote:
Tue, 10. Aug 21, 10:41
Hi, download link not working :D
I think it's fixed now.

Byrus

Post by Byrus » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 07:29

Hello friend, i have some questions :)
1. Why does it feel like war between factions is going better without mod?) (war module)
2. Does this mod increase the activity of capturing sectors? (war module)
3. Have you fixed the problem with player merchants that collecting other NPC containers near the stations?

Thx fo all ;)

Motionblurr
x4

Post by Motionblurr » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 00:16

This mod is core for me, cant wait for the update! Thank you! Thank you for all you do!

OOZ662
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 01:11

...is there even an update to wait for? The author seems to have kept up with the betas this whole time.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 07:25

Please hide under the spoiler, in the first message, the old version history. It takes too long to flip through. Thanks. :)

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 12:37

It's been updated, if anyone is confused. Both here and on Steam.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 18:44

Having an utterly bizarre issue, that I hope someone can put insight into.

So, I wanted to change the resources needed for Computronic Substrate, but for some reason the game would never load the changes.
I figured it was a mod conflict, and after some trial and error found any "Faction Enhancer" mod makes the Substrate unable to be changed?
I've already looked through the files, nothing touching Substrate. Deleted files till there was just a content xml. Still stuck. And then only on deleting the "faction_fix_pack" folders does my changes to Substrate take effect.

Tried old and new games, at a complete loss why a mod that doesn't touch Substrate, or for that matter even have any files, could effect changes that break other mods?
And it's not just my mod, DeadAirWares and a Workshop mod's https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2432454768 edits are also breaking from this.

Again, just at a complete loss

Edit:
I took the effort to ask, so of course I find away to fix it myself 2 seconds later.
Changing the id in the content.xmls to match the folder names, i.e id="ws_1668457361" to id="faction_fix_pack" seems to have "fixed" the game's issue.
Freaking madness. Now the changes to Computronic Substrate are being read by the engine.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:57

Aranov wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 18:44
Having an utterly bizarre issue, that I hope someone can put insight into.

So, I wanted to change the resources needed for Computronic Substrate, but for some reason the game would never load the changes.
I figured it was a mod conflict, and after some trial and error found any "Faction Enhancer" mod makes the Substrate unable to be changed?
I've already looked through the files, nothing touching Substrate. Deleted files till there was just a content xml. Still stuck. And then only on deleting the "faction_fix_pack" folders does my changes to Substrate take effect.

Tried old and new games, at a complete loss why a mod that doesn't touch Substrate, or for that matter even have any files, could effect changes that break other mods?
And it's not just my mod, DeadAirWares and a Workshop mod's https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2432454768 edits are also breaking from this.

Again, just at a complete loss

Edit:
I took the effort to ask, so of course I find away to fix it myself 2 seconds later.
Changing the id in the content.xmls to match the folder names, i.e id="ws_1668457361" to id="faction_fix_pack" seems to have "fixed" the game's issue.
Freaking madness. Now the changes to Computronic Substrate are being read by the engine.
the faction... does not chance anything regarding your changed files.
if your modded stuff is not plopping up, u have somewhere an error
i have a file with 10x prod modules where i can freely change what a factory needs. i even can totaly clearout any ressources if i want, and its always popping up
faction enchancer is not the reason u have trouble.
here are the files iam using :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w3NzjA ... sp=sharing
unpack the files, go ti folder libarys and open wares.xml wiht atexteditor ....
look for the BLUE colored stuff ONLY. dont change the green ones ( they are the repalced vanilla lines )
the blue ones are the one that are the edited and new lines, this u can edit freely
take a look at this here :
<replace sel="//ware[@id='nostropoil']/price">
<price min="20" average="34" max="47" />
<production time="300" amount="5000" method="10xteladi" name="{202060,401}">
<primary>
<ware ware="energycells" amount="100" />
<ware ware="spices" amount="40" />
<ware ware="sunriseflowers" amount="40" />
<ware ware="water" amount="60" />
</primary>
<effects>
<effect type="work" product="0.2" />
</effects>
</production>
</replace>
if u want for example to only need the ressource energiecells, just delete this 3 lines :
<ware ware="spices" amount="40" />
<ware ware="sunriseflowers" amount="40" />
<ware ware="water" amount="60" />
but dont leave them blank , it needs to look like :
<primary>
<ware ware="energycells" amount="100" />
</primary>

if it does ua re fine, save and start a new game with your changed stuff

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”