[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Requiemfang
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.21

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 16:12

then why does that message only appear when the Econ Balance module is enabled huh?

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 05:08

Requiemfang wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 06:38
reported this on the steam page but it appears the economy balance module conflicts with the tatertrader mod id if the mod is enabled it gives a red warning about the mod already being installed or something else taking it's place. Disabling the Econ Balance module fixes it. Just FYI no idea what's really going on there.
They have different Ids so it must be something else.

tatertrade: id="TaterTrade"
econ balance: id="ws_1668472321"

Do you maybe have an old version of the mod installed in your documents folder?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 05:53

nope it's in the extension folder where it's suppose to be.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 02:11

Hello Mysterial,

can you tell me where i can disable the satellite targeting?
i really like your mod, but i don't like my hard earned satellites being killed all over the universe by the war module :)

thanks

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:31

lib.target.selection and move.generic are where satellite checks were added.

Cormyr
x3tc

Post by Cormyr » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 01:55

So in my game ANT and ARG suddenly started fighting each other. Since I don't think that this is a vanilla behaviour, could it be caused by this mod? I have some other minor mods installed (faster crew leveling etc) but nothing that would cause such a behaviour.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:41

Cormyr wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 01:55
So in my game ANT and ARG suddenly started fighting each other. Since I don't think that this is a vanilla behaviour, could it be caused by this mod? I have some other minor mods installed (faster crew leveling etc) but nothing that would cause such a behaviour.
Happens in vanilla and is intentional. All it takes is a few stray bullets from ANT against a pirate, misses, hits an Argon ship, then bam! A battle ensues until it calms down at least

Cormyr
x3tc

Post by Cormyr » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:45

Rastuasi wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:41
Happens in vanilla and is intentional. All it takes is a few stray bullets from ANT against a pirate, misses, hits an Argon ship, then bam! A battle ensues until it calms down at least
This happened OOS. I thought something like missing bullets or friendly fire could only be possible while within the sector.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:51

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:31
lib.target.selection and move.generic are where satellite checks were added.
Thank you very much :)

EDIT:

i have another question regarding the catchup-module. is it possible that it is still active after removing the whole mod?
i still can see those resupply convoys from time to time :gruebel:

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 22:29

No, but if you remove it while those ships are on their way they probably won't get recycled properly.

ScarabParamit

Post by ScarabParamit » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 00:50

Don't know if it was mentioned and is known, or even if it's related to this mod, but i see in my log that only Faction Fix Pack or Better Piracy Related edit move.flee.dock.xml ...however it also might be just a v4.0-HF3 game bug.

[=ERROR=] 279.82 Error in AI script move.flee.dock on entity 0x7be50: Evaluated value 'null' is not of type component
* Expression: $attacker
* Action: <find_station>, line 6

Naalei
x4

Post by Naalei » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 09:43

Hi,

There is an issue with the catchup module.
General orders tab is not working any more in all my saves.
Removing the "ui" folder from the catchup module make it work again.

It was working fine but then suddenly stopped working on 1 of my save and then all my saves...
What I did :
- freshly started game
- Set up 2 trade rules : one for my faction only and one for nobody (including me)

Bye

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Fri, 23. Apr 21, 11:56

Phiolin wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 08:25
Requiemfang wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 06:38
reported this on the steam page but it appears the economy balance module conflicts with the tatertrader mod id if the mod is enabled it gives a red warning about the mod already being installed or something else taking it's place. Disabling the Econ Balance module fixes it. Just FYI no idea what's really going on there.
Unlikely, I use both together all the time (both subscribed via Steam) and have never seen this. Likely something else interfering with it.
I got a few reports from users about some of the mods I've written conflicting in the same way when they absolutely do not conflict. Most users didnt see the issue. I didn't experience it myself, but it's been reported spotilly across several of my (and others, as evidenced here) mods.

It's been reported that restarting steam/restarting your machine solves it. Whatever is going on I'm pretty sure it's on steams back end. Nexus users weren't having any problems at all.

voitaL
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.3

Post by voitaL » Wed, 12. May 21, 12:23

Will this mod solve the problem that Split dont try Do get back lost sectors? And try to take empty sectors?

How long will it take after start of the mod in an running save that factions will be more aggressiv?

In my save there are 4 sectors from Split which was taken by xenon. Now i cleaned the sectors so there is now NO owner and Split dont try to get them back.

Do i need to change the game-language from german to english that the mod works how it should?

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Wed, 12. May 21, 15:14

I've checked a couple of times now, but I can't actually see the changes you listed for 5.3 in the files on the Steam Workshop. At least whatever X4 downloaded for me seems to contain some files with newer dates around early May, but content-wise I fail to see the changes listed for 5.3 in those files.
Maybe Steam is playing tricks with me or I don't know. Could you double check if Steam has the latest version of this, or maybe just post 1-2 lines of code that has changed so I can cross-check if I'm just too blind to see it on my end?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 12. May 21, 15:53

voitaL wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 12:23
Will this mod solve the problem that Split dont try Do get back lost sectors? And try to take empty sectors?

How long will it take after start of the mod in an running save that factions will be more aggressiv?

In my save there are 4 sectors from Split which was taken by xenon. Now i cleaned the sectors so there is now NO owner and Split dont try to get them back.
It might make it faster, but the reason they don't reclaim the sectors is probably that their economy is in ruins and they can't build any ships to guard the station and do the patrols. You'll get better results if you help them build more ships.
Phiolin wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 15:14
I've checked a couple of times now, but I can't actually see the changes you listed for 5.3 in the files on the Steam Workshop. At least whatever X4 downloaded for me seems to contain some files with newer dates around early May, but content-wise I fail to see the changes listed for 5.3 in those files.
Maybe Steam is playing tricks with me or I don't know. Could you double check if Steam has the latest version of this, or maybe just post 1-2 lines of code that has changed so I can cross-check if I'm just too blind to see it on my end?
The same build process creates both the Steam upload and zip files directly off the version I'm playing and testing, so I doubt there's anything missing. What are you not seeing that you're expecting?

voitaL
x3tc

Post by voitaL » Wed, 12. May 21, 16:59

So if i build a selfsufficent warf/shipyard an let just the Split buy ships there?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 13. May 21, 00:25

That would help, yes.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Thu, 13. May 21, 13:51

Couple of questions more for my understanding on how the modding works:

EconAI has an aiscript/order.move.recycle.xml which is a diff patch, so I'm assuming it patches a Vanilla aiscript/order.move.recycle.xml. However looking at my extracted Vanilla catalogs, there is no such script. So how does this one work?

Again in EconAI you have an aiscript/order.mining.routine.xml which has this code fragment:

Code: Select all

<add sel="//attention/actions//do_if[@value='$sector.exists']/do_if[@value='not $gatheringspaces.indexof.{$sector} or $sector.hashazardousregion or ($sector.owner and this.hasrelation.enemy.{$sector.owner})']" pos="before">
    <set_value name="$IsHostileSector" exact="not $gatheringspaces.indexof.{$sector} or $sector.hashazardousregion or ($sector.owner and this.hasrelation.enemy.{$sector.owner})"/>
    <do_if value="not $IsHostileSector and $sector.iscontested">
      <do_all exact="$sector.contestingfactions.count" counter="$ContestIndex">
        <do_if value="this.hasrelation.enemy.{$sector.contestingfactions.{$ContestIndex}}">
          <set_value name="$IsHostileSector" exact="true"/>
        </do_if>
      </do_all>
    </do_if>
  </add>

Looking at my Vanilla files again, I can see which section this is supposed to patch, but my Vanilla file has this, which is the part I'm assuming is targeted by the above snippet:

<!-- Zone found -->
            <do_if value="@$sector.exists">
              <debug_text text="'Resource %1 found in %2, %3. minamount: %4'.[$ware, $sector.knownname, $sector.cluster.knownname, $scaledminamount]" chance="$debugchance"/>
              <do_if value="not $gatheringspaces.indexof.{$sector} or $sector.hashazardousregion or ($sector.owner and this.hasrelation.enemy.{$sector.owner})">
                <debug_text text="'%s %s %s refuses to mine in sector %s belonging to %s. has hazardous region: %s. not in gatheringspaces: %s'.[this.assignedcontrolled.idcode, this.assignedcontrolled.knownname, this.assignedcontrolled, $sector.knownname, $sector.owner, $sector.hashazardousregion, not $gatheringspaces.indexof.{$sector}]" chance="$debugchance"/>
                <!-- allow player-owned ships automatically mining in a hazardous region if the only space they can operate in is in a hazardous region. -->
How is

do_if[@value='$sector.exists']
matched to

<do_if value="@$sector.exists">
?
Is it not missing the additional @ sign there? From a syntax perspective for me that doesn't seem to be a valid match, is the diff logic just ignoring that additional character?

In your 5.3 notes you say something about adjusting Yaki ship orders, however in my extracted files of the 4 FE modules, I can't find any "yaki" reference whatsoever. That's why I was thinking I'm missing something.
So just struggling a bit to understand how this stuff currently works, but quite possibly I'm just missing something super obvious... trying to find out what it is though. :)

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 13. May 21, 15:47

It certainly does seem that you don't have the latest version. Not sure how that would happen. Maybe try removing and re-subscribing? Also curious what the extensions menu says the version is.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”