[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.42

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 19:58

Aranov wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 19:42
Just had the same thing happen with Cabel of Curbs after the split plot where I sided with Zyarth. They respawned in an unowned sector.

I was under the impression that they "lost" the war and would just be a pirate faction, like SCA or Fallen Familes, if that much.
Instead they popped up in the same sector I had a Adv. Electronics Fab.

I am using the newest version.
Hrm, not sure why that would happen. I haven't tested that story path anytime recently, but if memory serves, the Curbs never end up with a shipyard on that path and that's required for them to be considered 'alive' by the respawn detection.

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 22:57

You'd be right. Not a single shipyard went to the Curbs.
My only guess, is maybe they tried building a new shipyard and before they finished it I smashed with my fleet without noticing it, as I was help Zyarth take the new sectors.
Went thru my Mods, nothing seems to add a shipyard to CAB.

Oddly tho, they have a Trade Station, as their HQ in Thuruks Demise. Even before they respawned, but after I destroyed most of their stations.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. Jan 22, 23:29

Aranov wrote:
Sat, 22. Jan 22, 22:57
You'd be right. Not a single shipyard went to the Curbs.
My only guess, is maybe they tried building a new shipyard and before they finished it I smashed with my fleet without noticing it, as I was help Zyarth take the new sectors.
Went thru my Mods, nothing seems to add a shipyard to CAB.

Oddly tho, they have a Trade Station, as their HQ in Thuruks Demise. Even before they respawned, but after I destroyed most of their stations.
It is normal for the Curbs to try to pop up somewhere else, this happens in vanilla too. I think they will try to build in one of the territories that is not controlled by anyone and yes they will try to build a shipyard.

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 10:32

I have seen CUB build shipyard and wharf in silent witness and in saturn by using this mod.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 06:05

Any issues with the war module with the 5.0 beta?

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:43

Hello,
I meet strange bug after 7 days in game -> the game started to hang (I would say it looks like script enter endless loop). The game is heavily modded so I disable each mod one by one and going this way I have found out that War module is causing the issue.

Is there maybe known fix for it?
Can I be somehow more helpfull regerding this issue (logs/samegame etc.)?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 15:06

Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 06:05
It should be fine in beta 1, but there's no guarantee that will continue to be the case.
MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:43
Hello,
I meet strange bug after 7 days in game -> the game started to hang (I would say it looks like script enter endless loop). The game is heavily modded so I disable each mod one by one and going this way I have found out that War module is causing the issue.

Well, posting them up somewhere can't hurt. But to be honest, the odds of finding the issue are not good. The game does not expose tools for modders to find performance problems, so unless it happens in a simpler case it can be very hard to track down.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:39

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 15:06
Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 06:05
It should be fine in beta 1, but there's no guarantee that will continue to be the case.
MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 14:43
Hello,

Well, posting them up somewhere can't hurt. But to be honest, the odds of finding the issue are not good. The game does not expose tools for modders to find performance problems, so unless it happens in a simpler case it can be very hard to track down.
One thing come to my mind: maybe it is somehow a overflow issue, my game has >40 (30?) additional sectors and xenon have taken more than half of the galaxy.
It is the biggest faction with following stats:
XL:260 M:358 S:3177 Miners: 448

Maybe this one is somehow more useful?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:01

MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:39
One thing come to my mind: maybe it is somehow a overflow issue, my game has >40 (30?) additional sectors and xenon have taken more than half of the galaxy.

Wow that is a lot of small ships but I don't think it would be an overflow. If you can run a debug, I wouldn't mind helping to look into the log. Here are the params I run for debugging

Code: Select all

-noabout -skipintro -scriptlogfiles -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 19:20

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 18:01
MiFoludek wrote:
Thu, 27. Jan 22, 17:39

Wow that is a lot of small ships but I don't think it would be an overflow. If you can run a debug, I wouldn't mind helping to look into the log. Here are the params I run for debugging

Code: Select all

-noabout -skipintro -scriptlogfiles -debug all -logfile debuglog.txt
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R90CZn ... sp=sharing
I hope it will help :)

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 22:46

Ok, it seems restarting the mod fix the issue:
1. disable mod
2. load game
3. save game
4. enable mod
5. load game

Mod probably have lost some data but it seems it is working again.
I wonder how long it will work before next crash :).

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.43

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 14. Mar 22, 19:12

Is upade incoming for 5.0 + DLC release?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 14. Mar 22, 19:17

It happened a while ago. There are a couple harmless log errors that will show up that I'll address later, but there are no functionality issues that I'm aware of.

Of course, I don't get prerelease access to the expansion, so if there is an issue related to that there's no way I can plan for it.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 14. Mar 22, 19:31

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 14. Mar 22, 19:17
It happened a while ago. There are a couple harmless log errors that will show up that I'll address later, but there are no functionality issues that I'm aware of.

Of course, I don't get prerelease access to the expansion, so if there is an issue related to that there's no way I can plan for it.
Understood, thank you!

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 17. Mar 22, 00:44

Hey Mysterial. I just found a very strange bug with Economy AI module. With the module enabled my game partially resets graphics settings - screen resolution, anti-alising and FSR - and aslo map filters. I know it sounds weird, but I've been experiencing the issue since the release of 5.0 untill half an hour ago I decided to check if one of the mods been causing it. So I disabled all of them then starting enabling them back one by one untill I found it was to do with economy AI module. Also on some restarts it's causing weird graphical glitches in main menu (flickering of textures). :gruebel:

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Sat, 19. Mar 22, 16:10

Hi, has there been much testing with the expansion out? I'm having a strange issue that I think relates to something in this mod.

In short, after a few hours of playing with this mod enabled, Factions are attacking each other in cold blood.
EX, Argon vs. Teladi, Teladi vs. Godrealm, even Teladi vs. the Ministry.

I removed this mod and few others to test, and everything seemed normal a few hours into a new game start.
After adding this mod back in, I've seen Argon ships attack the Godrealm ships in Argon Prime.

My guess, is that somehow the war ai is responding to friendly fire incidents, starting more friendly fire incidents. But that's just my guess.
Looked at my list, this is the only mod effecting factions, so idk whats going on.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 20. Mar 22, 18:45

I haven't heard of that being reported by anyone else and haven't seen it myself. It is true that the mod removes a couple places where Egosoft had put in failsafes against this because it was interfering with some intended attack cases, so I suppose if some other bug (vanilla or otherwise) caused incorrect attacks this mod would make it worse.

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.44

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 09:42

I can confirm the above report. Just witnesed all-out ANT vs TER fighting in Getsu Fune by the gate to Asteroid Belt. That's with new save (40 minutes, haven't touched the the terran plot that leads to war)

Also my earlier report of weird Economy AI bug is still relevant after latest update. (It causes some of the graphical options to reset after restarting the game with the module On.)

Entissus
x4

Post by Entissus » Thu, 24. Mar 22, 23:37

So I am still trying to sort this down specifically but is anyone else seeing Terran Protectorate mining ships huddling up in systems and just mass ejecting ice? Talking hundreds of ice just.. randomly being ejected in a massive pile. Bolos and Hokkaidos. I did take a screen shot of it this time though... Mind you - I've seen this in Saturn 2, Asteroid Belt and now Oort Cloud.

I think this is happening because the Terran economy doesn't use ice.. and this wasn't happening pre-ToA. For a little while I was running 5.0 without the DLC due to VRO and this also wasn't happening then. The ONLY other mods I have that effect AI or the economy in any way are DeadAir Fill and Ware but these effect stations rather than ships

Example:
Oort Cloud - 1h, 37m into the game [Segaris Start]
https://imgur.com/a/3CF0BOx

Same spot, 2 minutes later
https://imgur.com/a/EetUEqv

Same spot. ~30 minutes later
https://imgur.com/a/sYvqMqT

(I tried to load a save in Saturn 2 showing a pile about x3 this size but that save is unloadable following Hot Fix 3)

Ok - Now to make it weirder.. I have now seen Antigone, Teladi, Argon, and HOP doing the same thing..
If you keep rushing yourself eventually you'll regret becoming a prisoner to your past decisions

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 02:46

Is this mod meant to make the Xenon much, much, much more powerful? And if so, which module would be having most effect on that? Although it might be a mod interaction or something - I have VRO & XR Shippack (VRO version) as well - but they're absolutely overrunning half the galaxy in my latest game.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”