[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.3

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 12. May 21, 15:53

voitaL wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 12:23
Will this mod solve the problem that Split dont try Do get back lost sectors? And try to take empty sectors?

How long will it take after start of the mod in an running save that factions will be more aggressiv?

In my save there are 4 sectors from Split which was taken by xenon. Now i cleaned the sectors so there is now NO owner and Split dont try to get them back.
It might make it faster, but the reason they don't reclaim the sectors is probably that their economy is in ruins and they can't build any ships to guard the station and do the patrols. You'll get better results if you help them build more ships.
Phiolin wrote:
Wed, 12. May 21, 15:14
I've checked a couple of times now, but I can't actually see the changes you listed for 5.3 in the files on the Steam Workshop. At least whatever X4 downloaded for me seems to contain some files with newer dates around early May, but content-wise I fail to see the changes listed for 5.3 in those files.
Maybe Steam is playing tricks with me or I don't know. Could you double check if Steam has the latest version of this, or maybe just post 1-2 lines of code that has changed so I can cross-check if I'm just too blind to see it on my end?
The same build process creates both the Steam upload and zip files directly off the version I'm playing and testing, so I doubt there's anything missing. What are you not seeing that you're expecting?

voitaL
x3tc

Post by voitaL » Wed, 12. May 21, 16:59

So if i build a selfsufficent warf/shipyard an let just the Split buy ships there?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 13. May 21, 00:25

That would help, yes.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Thu, 13. May 21, 13:51

Couple of questions more for my understanding on how the modding works:

EconAI has an aiscript/order.move.recycle.xml which is a diff patch, so I'm assuming it patches a Vanilla aiscript/order.move.recycle.xml. However looking at my extracted Vanilla catalogs, there is no such script. So how does this one work?

Again in EconAI you have an aiscript/order.mining.routine.xml which has this code fragment:

Code: Select all

<add sel="//attention/actions//do_if[@value='$sector.exists']/do_if[@value='not $gatheringspaces.indexof.{$sector} or $sector.hashazardousregion or ($sector.owner and this.hasrelation.enemy.{$sector.owner})']" pos="before">
    <set_value name="$IsHostileSector" exact="not $gatheringspaces.indexof.{$sector} or $sector.hashazardousregion or ($sector.owner and this.hasrelation.enemy.{$sector.owner})"/>
    <do_if value="not $IsHostileSector and $sector.iscontested">
      <do_all exact="$sector.contestingfactions.count" counter="$ContestIndex">
        <do_if value="this.hasrelation.enemy.{$sector.contestingfactions.{$ContestIndex}}">
          <set_value name="$IsHostileSector" exact="true"/>
        </do_if>
      </do_all>
    </do_if>
  </add>

Looking at my Vanilla files again, I can see which section this is supposed to patch, but my Vanilla file has this, which is the part I'm assuming is targeted by the above snippet:

<!-- Zone found -->
            <do_if value="@$sector.exists">
              <debug_text text="'Resource %1 found in %2, %3. minamount: %4'.[$ware, $sector.knownname, $sector.cluster.knownname, $scaledminamount]" chance="$debugchance"/>
              <do_if value="not $gatheringspaces.indexof.{$sector} or $sector.hashazardousregion or ($sector.owner and this.hasrelation.enemy.{$sector.owner})">
                <debug_text text="'%s %s %s refuses to mine in sector %s belonging to %s. has hazardous region: %s. not in gatheringspaces: %s'.[this.assignedcontrolled.idcode, this.assignedcontrolled.knownname, this.assignedcontrolled, $sector.knownname, $sector.owner, $sector.hashazardousregion, not $gatheringspaces.indexof.{$sector}]" chance="$debugchance"/>
                <!-- allow player-owned ships automatically mining in a hazardous region if the only space they can operate in is in a hazardous region. -->
How is

do_if[@value='$sector.exists']
matched to

<do_if value="@$sector.exists">
?
Is it not missing the additional @ sign there? From a syntax perspective for me that doesn't seem to be a valid match, is the diff logic just ignoring that additional character?

In your 5.3 notes you say something about adjusting Yaki ship orders, however in my extracted files of the 4 FE modules, I can't find any "yaki" reference whatsoever. That's why I was thinking I'm missing something.
So just struggling a bit to understand how this stuff currently works, but quite possibly I'm just missing something super obvious... trying to find out what it is though. :)

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 13. May 21, 15:47

It certainly does seem that you don't have the latest version. Not sure how that would happen. Maybe try removing and re-subscribing? Also curious what the extensions menu says the version is.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 13. May 21, 15:59

Oh wait, be sure you're only extracting the main cat/dat. The ones with _v330 are only used if the game is still running 3.3. I should remove them at this point but they shouldn't hurt anything so I haven't bothered.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Thu, 13. May 21, 16:14

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 15:59
Oh wait, be sure you're only extracting the main cat/dat. The ones with _v330 are only used if the game is still running 3.3. I should remove them at this point but they shouldn't hurt anything so I haven't bothered.
Ah, yes, I had the 330 cat/dat extracted as well, that was probably stupid. :)
Without those it actually makes much more sense now and matches with what I expect. Thanks!

voitaL
x3tc

Post by voitaL » Thu, 13. May 21, 17:00

Mysterial is it possible with your mod to bring factions in a war? Like teladi vs Split or argon/ant or any Otter faction?

Or Do i need an other mod that this can be Happen?

So that there will be New wars without any plot

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Thu, 13. May 21, 17:26

voitaL wrote:
Thu, 13. May 21, 17:00
Mysterial is it possible with your mod to bring factions in a war? Like teladi vs Split or argon/ant or any Otter faction?

Or Do i need an other mod that this can be Happen?

So that there will be New wars without any plot
You’ll want Dynamic Wars from DeadAir.
viewtopic.php?t=434243

voitaL
x3tc

Post by voitaL » Thu, 13. May 21, 17:48

Does this 2 mods works together Workout errors?

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Thu, 13. May 21, 19:39

Yes, should be no problem. Both are widely used by lots of players.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Fri, 28. May 21, 16:36

Potentially silly question: can this mod cause increased violence between factions?

I started the playthrough of Cradle of Humanity with my usual set of mods, this one included. I soon notched that Terrans fight other factions. Not at war - they do not perform invasions and such, but whether Terran and Antigony or Argon ships meet they fire on eachother.

It looks like it is caused by a mod, and this one seems to be the only reasonable candidate.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 28. May 21, 19:23

All I can say is that I haven't seen that on my playthrough that I started when the DLC was released.

Kyez
x4

Post by Kyez » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 18:24

AtilaElari wrote:
Fri, 28. May 21, 16:36
Potentially silly question: can this mod cause increased violence between factions?

I started the playthrough of Cradle of Humanity with my usual set of mods, this one included. I soon notched that Terrans fight other factions. Not at war - they do not perform invasions and such, but whether Terran and Antigony or Argon ships meet they fire on eachother.

It looks like it is caused by a mod, and this one seems to be the only reasonable candidate.
I also noticed this on the Terran cadet start but I've only noticed it in one incident window in Gatsu Fune around the time when you defend the solborn outpost against the Xenon then have to disable the Antigone frighters engines. After that Antigone and Terran ships seem to fight when they meet in a short time window but then go back to normal and hang around eachother just fine I've watched them fight Xenon and go their separate ways without incident. I tried to find out what changed by disabling the mods but the only thing I noticed is that Antigone and Argon moved to the top of the enemies list Terran encyclopedia entry but I'm not sure if that really mean anything for their actual relationship level. Besides that though it seems to be a one off isolated incident but I don't know if its a permanent thing that'll pop up again later on.

Kyez
x4

Post by Kyez » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 03:20

Think I narrowed it down a bit. I started a new game and the same incident occurred in Gastu Fune but I noticed in all the events that the Antigone attacked the construction vessel that spawns by the solborn station first in all the incidents and any more fighting stems from that. I used deadairs mods to see faction relations as well and the Terran and Antigone are at -10 which I assume isn't low enough for war so the issue likely has something to do with that construction vessel or maybe the station itself but that's all I've managed to figure out so far.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 2. Jun 21, 20:41

Kyez wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 03:20
Think I narrowed it down a bit. I started a new game and the same incident occurred in Gastu Fune but I noticed in all the events that the Antigone attacked the construction vessel that spawns by the solborn station first in all the incidents and any more fighting stems from that. I used deadairs mods to see faction relations as well and the Terran and Antigone are at -10 which I assume isn't low enough for war so the issue likely has something to do with that construction vessel or maybe the station itself but that's all I've managed to figure out so far.
Not sure on this particular instance, but I've noticed some irregularities with relations causing escalating fighting. It usually stems from a police ship but I haven't been able to track it down reliably.

Kyez
x4

Post by Kyez » Fri, 4. Jun 21, 10:22

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 20:41
Kyez wrote:
Wed, 2. Jun 21, 03:20
Not sure on this particular instance, but I've noticed some irregularities with relations causing escalating fighting. It usually stems from a police ship but I haven't been able to track it down reliably.
For me it seems to be something with the war module making the Antigone fleet in the system attack the solborn station. to test it out I saved once I entered the system, turned off the mod and loaded the save and the fleet still comes to the station but isn't hostile to it. I saved after they showed up activated the war mod loaded it up and the same Antigone fleet started to attack the station so for my its definitely something with the Antigone ships in Gastu fune becoming hostile to the station. As far as I can tell I'm the only one with this specific issue but its easy to move past since it seems to be a one time thing.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 13:52

is FE compatible with 4.10 beta?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 14:59

No. I'll make the necessary adjustments soon.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 29. Jun 21, 15:11

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 29. Jun 21, 14:59
No. I'll make the necessary adjustments soon.
thx!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”