[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.8

Post by Mr.Freud » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 15:48

can you make another module that will remove limits preventing factions to take over each other completely?

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.0

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 23:46

v5.0 available; significant military improvements. This is likely to be the last major version until the expansion.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 00:29

Mysterial wrote:
Sat, 1. Aug 20, 23:46
v5.0 available; significant military improvements. This is likely to be the last major version until the expansion.
Thanks for the update, downloading now!

Edit: can I get some clarity on this as I might not be understanding you correctly:

"(Econ Bal) Player ships built at a player shipyard can't be sold (not retroactive)"

Is this effectively turning off Player Shipyards being able to sell to NPC's? I've not long had my Shipyard up and running in my main game, plus I have a second game (Pirate Start) where you begin with a Shipyard. Oddly enough, it's only very recently I started selling ships, primarily to support a given faction in a more passive manner, rather than direct combat. It's been quite entertaining seeing a Faction totally turn the tide with my assistance.

Scoob.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 01:37

It turns off you being able to build and then manually sell them. You can only sell to NPC factions by them adding a build.

In a perfect world, I would be able to check if the NPC has job quota for ships and let you sell to them directly until their jobs fill up. Alas, that functionality is not available and without some kind of limitation on selling, the other balance changes don't mean anything.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 02:03

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 01:37
It turns off you being able to build and then manually sell them. You can only sell to NPC factions by them adding a build.

In a perfect world, I would be able to check if the NPC has job quota for ships and let you sell to them directly until their jobs fill up. Alas, that functionality is not available and without some kind of limitation on selling, the other balance changes don't mean anything.
Ah, I see. That makes perfect sense, I'm with you now.

Scoob.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 02:17

afaik sold ships despawn?

so selling ships cant make a faction stronger
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 14:54

Mysterial wrote:
Sat, 1. Aug 20, 23:46
I think this mod is breaking the capital ship behavior.

I ordered my Odysseus to attack an enemy station (all captains are 5 stars)

With this mod: they just travel drive into enemy station then die, or just spin around doing nothing.

Without this mod: Noticeable better behavior of capital ships since they stopped at weapon range and attacked as they should.

I would appreciate it if you take a look

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 19:26

Unable to reproduce. I sent a fleet of half a dozen capital ships to attack a station and while one or two still did the annoying "let me spin around for five minutes first" thing I have been unable to 100% eliminate, they all stayed within a reasonable cannon distance.

If you are not using any save-affecting mods you can upload the save somewhere and I will take a look at it when I have time.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 19:28

That's odd. For me WITH this mod my ships are more likely to sit at extreme range rather than get in close. Though from time to time they do still try to melee attack stations lol.

That said, I've been on 4.8 for my long-term game and switched to 5.0 for a fresh start a couple of days ago. I've not sent my capitals vs. a Station yet.

Scoob.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 03:02

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 02:17
afaik sold ships despawn?

so selling ships cant make a faction stronger
They do not despawn. I've sold and then seen the same ship, ID and captain in space weeks, even months later. Same fit on the ship too

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 06:41

Mysterial, Scoob, Thank you guys for your reply.

Here is the save. https://gofile.io/d/oE86Ny

The target is a Xenon Power plant in Heiwa 1. For the life of me my L ships don't seem to stay in their positions to fire. They always try to fly through it and die.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 4. Aug 20, 06:34

I did more testing:

Commands:
1-Fly to (position near the target station)
2-Attack (attack the station)

What happens:

With mod: when executing attack command, ship will turn to the opposite direction and initiate travel drive to fly away about 30+ km. Then will turn around and travel drive right into the enemy station. (issue observed 10 times out of 10 tries)

Without mod: When executing attack command, ship will just rotate and fly towards random direction at low speed (happened 6 times out of 10 tries)

I think there is a bug happening with Capital ship AI.

sulu244
x4

Post by sulu244 » Tue, 4. Aug 20, 18:41

I recently tried to attack an HOP Defense station which they built in flashpoint with a pair of Behemoths, and they flew in to max range, and started spinning around in place. They did engage with plasma turrets but not the main battery.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 00:55

The AI will get confused by the outer destroyed modules. It knows they're in the way so it won't fire the main cannon but it doesn't know how to position to get a clear shot. It's broken in vanilla too.

sulu244
x4

Post by sulu244 » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 06:17

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 5. Aug 20, 00:55
The AI will get confused by the outer destroyed modules. It knows they're in the way so it won't fire the main cannon but it doesn't know how to position to get a clear shot. It's broken in vanilla too.
That actually makes a lot of sense lol.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 08:12

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 5. Aug 20, 00:55
strange the station i am targeting oes appear to have any destroyed modules. If you have the time, kindly check the save that i posted. The Solar power plant is heiwa twin 1,

Also I have another question, is there a chance that a mod alters the main game file? like for example a mod altered the Capital ships attack script causing them break even after removing the mod?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 5. Aug 20, 15:10

Warnoise wrote:
Wed, 5. Aug 20, 08:12
Also I have another question, is there a chance that a mod alters the main game file? like for example a mod altered the Capital ships attack script causing them break even after removing the mod?
No. At worst a mod could mess up the saved variables, but that would go away if you gave it a new order.

sanctific

Post by sanctific » Sat, 8. Aug 20, 10:50

Hi Mysterial,

A quick query - would your mod be compatible with DeadAir's Dynamic Wars scripts ? I've just started a new playthrough and plan to unite the Paranids & side with Patriarchy yet i dont want those 2 to be idle (especially Paranid mega-empire) e.g. DeadAir's war scripts would fit in really well, yet I'm not sure if those won't mess up with your mod's stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 8. Aug 20, 15:09

I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't, but I don't use it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 9. Aug 20, 22:49

Hi,

Is there any way to nerf the HOP Faction a bit? They've got a bit nuts in my game. I do use other mods - VRO, RoR and XR Ship Mod - so things are a bit tougher in general. However, for some reason, HOP appear to be building all the super high-end ships for themselves, whereas other Factions are building a better spread of ships, with the really tough stuff being really quite a rare encounter.

HOP, who are currently invading PAR space, already fielded several L-Class Destroyers, far out-classing the PAR Defenders, and now they've just added several more L-Class and even XL-Class ships to the invasion fleet. For whatever reason HOP, despite having enemies on all sides, seem to be able to out-build TWO other major Factions (ARG and HOP, not to mention ANT) which is a little silly.

I know HOP tend to be a bit OP in vanilla also, it's just that other mods have given them steroids. As FWEE sits atop other mods, guiding various elements of the larger picture, I wonder if it's here things need to be adjusted?

I'd even settle for a quick-fix hack so HOP Paranid don't become the dominant life form lol.

Sometimes I wish we had the scripting engine of prior games, sometimes a quick script to "fix" in-game oddities could prolong a playthrough and keep it fun.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”