[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

user1679

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.21

Post by user1679 » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 00:15

s1asher wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 13:41
@Mysterial

Could you somehow disable enemy destroying player's satellites, cause i have wasted too much time to place a lot of them across different sectors. Plus i want to monitor that Xenon are OK and will not be wiped out and help them where it is needed:)
I actually like this feature so I hope this would be made optional.

Having satellites being destroyed makes you have to consider placing a fleet to guard them or being more strategic where they are placed.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 03:32

s1asher wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 13:41
@Mysterial

Could you somehow disable enemy destroying player's satellites, cause i have wasted too much time to place a lot of them across different sectors. Plus i want to monitor that Xenon are OK and will not be wiped out and help them where it is needed:)
That's why I place them inside the nooks and grooves of stations, so that there's not an easy way to just shoot it down and they then generally aggro the station. It has caused some funny wars to start when they try to attack my one satellite.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 07:00

I'm not changing the anti-satellite behavior. There are mods to make satellites have huge range if you want to cheat it.

s1asher
x4

Post by s1asher » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 07:52

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 07:00
I'm not changing the anti-satellite behavior. There are mods to make satellites have huge range if you want to cheat it.
it not a cheat, its vanilla functionality that satellites stay untouched:( Maybe some optional functionality to make them work as vanilla intended?

Mod you are talking about probably this: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/4
But description is saying "this mod was to just increase the range of satellites, but that didn't always work correctly", so i don't want to use mod which is not working correctly:)

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 16:23

s1asher wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 07:52
Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 07:00
it not a cheat, its vanilla functionality that satellites stay untouched:( Maybe some optional functionality to make them work as vanilla intended?

Mod you are talking about probably this: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/4
But description is saying "this mod was to just increase the range of satellites, but that didn't always work correctly", so i don't want to use mod which is not working correctly:)
I've used this mod, it has worked just fine since 2.4, no issues.

s1asher
x4

Post by s1asher » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 20:04

Rastuasi wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 16:23
I've used this mod, it has worked just fine since 2.4, no issues.
will try it then, thanks!

Knjaz136

Post by Knjaz136 » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 12:21

Started new game. Noticed significantly increased amount of stations for AI.

Thing is, it builds them as far as 700k from the system center.

FWEE or Vanilla issue? Most systems have "far away" stations now.
https://puu.sh/HvOa3/6abea4fd53.png
https://puu.sh/HvOEh/f325e9674f.png
https://puu.sh/HvOF9/2525799d76.png
https://puu.sh/HvOHo/345cef0dd8.png

also weird station clusters far away from center.
https://puu.sh/HvPhV/17ccad6c9a.png

Edit: Just in case, modlist. Nothing that affects faction AI, afaik. Or something could've affected new game?
https://puu.sh/HvOKU/12ffc4b18b.png

s1asher
x4

Post by s1asher » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 16:10

Knjaz136 wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 12:21
Started new game. Noticed significantly increased amount of stations for AI.

Thing is, it builds them as far as 700k from the system center.

FWEE or Vanilla issue? Most systems have "far away" stations now.
played new game vanilla after COH released - same for me. Some time ago there was a bug with station spam, possible with 4.0 it was reintroduced. Not sure that someone posted this to technical section here though.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 04:52

Isn't "far away stations" a better thing? I actually like it because it makes the sectors feel more alive. I just wish there was a reason to actually visit half those stations.

Starman01
x4

Post by Starman01 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 17:42

Is there a way to incite a war between two AI factions, cheating would be ok for me ?

Now that I have the pesky xenon locked out of the core systems with heavy defense bases, and the AI has really well developed itself with lots of stations and ships, I would like to increase the profit of my shipyards and AI shipyards again.
It sill works, but i think it could be a bit more going on.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 18:31

Starman01 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 17:42
Is there a way to incite a war between two AI factions, cheating would be ok for me ?

Now that I have the pesky xenon locked out of the core systems with heavy defense bases, and the AI has really well developed itself with lots of stations and ships, I would like to increase the profit of my shipyards and AI shipyards again.
It sill works, but i think it could be a bit more going on.
There's a few mods that could allow this, the more natural and random one would be Reactive Factions (name may be off). I believe that one sets a random chance for factions to change alliances. However, it will affect you as well. There's also the Cheat Menu mod, do note, I'm not sure if this is an option in that or not, but worth looking into.

Another way, without mods, get one race to accidentally hit the other, like at a station. I've seen huge fights kick off for a random stray broadside between allies. However this is just that fight and it will calm down after a bit.

Cormyr
x3tc

Post by Cormyr » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 17:15

Does this mod somehow modify the max price for Silicon Wafers? Even when in high demand, the price is around ~300 whereas before installing the mod, it was around ~400.

Baldamundo
x4

Post by Baldamundo » Sat, 10. Apr 21, 21:14

I'm assuming it's likely to break things if you uninstalled this mid-save, right? Am getting some quite severe late-game FPS slowdown, and seen a few posts suggesting this mod might be related.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 06:38

reported this on the steam page but it appears the economy balance module conflicts with the tatertrader mod id if the mod is enabled it gives a red warning about the mod already being installed or something else taking it's place. Disabling the Econ Balance module fixes it. Just FYI no idea what's really going on there.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 08:25

Requiemfang wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 06:38
reported this on the steam page but it appears the economy balance module conflicts with the tatertrader mod id if the mod is enabled it gives a red warning about the mod already being installed or something else taking it's place. Disabling the Econ Balance module fixes it. Just FYI no idea what's really going on there.
Unlikely, I use both together all the time (both subscribed via Steam) and have never seen this. Likely something else interfering with it.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 16:12

then why does that message only appear when the Econ Balance module is enabled huh?

user1679

Post by user1679 » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 05:08

Requiemfang wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 06:38
They have different Ids so it must be something else.

tatertrade: id="TaterTrade"
econ balance: id="ws_1668472321"

Do you maybe have an old version of the mod installed in your documents folder?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 05:53

nope it's in the extension folder where it's suppose to be.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 02:11

Hello Mysterial,

can you tell me where i can disable the satellite targeting?
i really like your mod, but i don't like my hard earned satellites being killed all over the universe by the war module :)

thanks

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:31

lib.target.selection and move.generic are where satellite checks were added.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”