[MOD] Emergency Suppliers 1.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

[MOD] Emergency Suppliers 1.2

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 20:32

This extension adds a couple job ships (one M and one L) to the major factions whose job is to find stations that are stalled and get the required resource from the closest possible provider at any price. Shipyards are prioritized before other stations, so it helps keep ships building. It also reduces something I've been annoyed by since X3, where the player can build a factory producing a needed resource right next door to stalled stations and unless the price is set way too low the AI traders would rather let their stations starve then pay the markup, so the player has to waste an extra ship to force the goods on the consumers.

Download Link

Note that if it's added to an existing game, the ships will need to be built, so it might take a while since the shipyards are probably already stalled.

Changes in 1.2
  • Updated to handle new shipyard build handling in X4 2.21
Changes in 1.1
  • Added jobs for the Ministry of Finance as in X4 2.0 that shipyard gets used by the Teladi for some ships.
  • In the (usually unlikely) event that there's nothing to do for a given faction, the AI will now fall back to evaluating allied stations.
Last edited by Mysterial on Tue, 2. Apr 19, 19:47, edited 3 times in total.

Holzapfel
x3ap

Re: [MOD] Emergency Suppliers

Post by Holzapfel » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 20:50

My antivirus rings the bell and blocks everything. Cant even see what kind of file it is.

edit: FALSE ALARM
Last edited by Holzapfel on Sat, 26. Jan 19, 04:54, edited 1 time in total.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 21:42

Holzapfel wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 20:50
My antivirus rings the bell and blocks everything. Cant even see what kind of file it is.
What antivirus? I sure as heck don't have that problem I downloaded it fine and unpacked it fine.

cdeeks
x3tc

Post by cdeeks » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 21:49

Holzapfel wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 20:50
Add exception to it then it will work.

Romz
x4

Post by Romz » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 10:45

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 20:32
This extension adds a couple job ships (one M and one L) to the major factions whose job is to find stations that are stalled and get the required resource from the closest possible provider at any price.
Hello! Nice extension, but need check, if Suppliers a destroyed. Then they are should be built again. For example, in my game, Paranid Suppliers are destroyed near Paranid Port in ~~30 min after a start new game. And I no more seeing they in game.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 15:31

They're set to rebuild, but the shipyard needs to get around to it and it might be stalled. Does the Paranid Wharf and/or Shipyard have a full queue of ships that are waiting to be built?

Romz
x4

Post by Romz » Tue, 22. Jan 19, 20:31

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 15:31
They're set to rebuild, but the shipyard needs to get around to it and it might be stalled.
That is, such a mechanism is already present in the extension? Well, then I will try to supply the paranid shipyard with the help of my merchants.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 23. Jan 19, 08:27

Unfortunately, the way the job engine works is it only actually registers at the shipyard as many ships as the shipyard has build modules, so it's impossible to know without writing a mod script how many ships are really waiting to be built.

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Emergency Suppliers 1.1

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 20:20

Made some updates to improve the effect to go along with X4 2.0

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”