[Mod] Drone Variety v1.1 (2019.01.20)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

7ate9tin11s
x4

Re: [Mod][beta] Drone Variety v0.9

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 06:10

Requiemfang wrote:
Thu, 17. Jan 19, 04:22
Just another question about this, is there a way to have this done specifically for drones to dock with stations? cause from what I can tell from that mods description that affects all S-class ships correct?
It actually applies to any ship docking on another ship, so if you tweak it to work with stations then even carriers can teledock/undock. To only have rapid undocking for drones everywhere the line in move.undock would shrink the main do_if to something like the following:

Code: Select all

$thisship.dock and this.ship.typename == 'smalldrone'
Adjust tokens for the docking and then it is limited to just drones anywhere. No guarantees though! :lol:

KRM398
xr

Re: [Mod] Drone Variety v1.0 (2019.01.16)

Post by KRM398 » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 17:10

OK forced a drone to dock on my Cerberus, wiped out all commands and ordered it to dock and it did, never went inside and after that never left again, and no other drones could ever launch, lol . so had to load a save from before that and start over. went to the ED sold all my old generic drones and bought 4 new MK 2 drones, so should work better now. one thing that scares me is that now have a drone sitting on my dock all the time, and its a MK 2 drone info says I have 4 and they are ready to use..haven't got into any fights yet to test that though. If they keep refusing to work might delete the quick launch and landing to get them working again, will see. :roll:

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Fri, 18. Jan 19, 12:28

Might need to sell my Cerberus because of this. sold old drones bought new MK 2 drones to fit the mod, deleted the quick docking mod, but one is sitting on the dock like before. no orders except dock to Cerberus, no orders can be given to make it fight or leave. does not fight in battles, and even though see steam from time to time, no other drones can exit the drone bay, CHECKMATE...lol my Cerberus is now a M class gunboat at best. had a thought, teleported to my bomber, my wingman, got in close and targeted the drone with a beam weapon...impossible... once docked it counts as part of the Cerberus, hitting it with beams lowers the Cerberus shield doing no damage to the drone, so stuck where I was because I ordered one drone to dock...and wiped out all orders before that one, and even after selling those old drones the new generation took its place. :evil:

Saboteur58

Post by Saboteur58 » Fri, 18. Jan 19, 13:30

Please add to the mod text file 0001.xml. Otherwise, it does not work on other language versions.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 18. Jan 19, 16:46

Saboteur58 wrote:
Fri, 18. Jan 19, 13:30
Please add to the mod text file 0001.xml. Otherwise, it does not work on other language versions.
I've not heard of this need for any other mod I have, many of which are running on other language installations. While it make use of language files for naming, this mod does not add to nor modify the language files in any way either. Could you please provide a link to information the reasoning and need for this?

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 19:56

sent my old Cerberus to my station as defense so I dont need to look at a stuck drone forever, now have a new one, MK 2 drones and things are ok, have a few ideas that might help.

1) rapid docking shouldn't be hard, just open the doors on something like a Cerberus, and let them open as the drones drop in one by one, speed gained, 100% (at least on my ship) :roll:

2) drone speed needs increased a LOT, Mk 2 fighter drones are slower than my slow Cerberus, like less than half, not into travel mod or anything and my Cerberus does 288 and my MK 2 drones do? 125..ahahah that's hysterical, definitely needs increased because drone need to be faster than the ship that dropped them :gruebel:

Xenon M's fly many times at 300+ khaak about the same, even P's fly over 300, so how will it be possible for drones doing 125 to fight them? they dont they stay back and watch and I finally figured out why.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 00:23

KRM398 wrote:
Sat, 19. Jan 19, 19:56
sent my old Cerberus to my station as defense so I dont need to look at a stuck drone forever, now have a new one, MK 2 drones and things are ok, have a few ideas that might help.

1) rapid docking shouldn't be hard, just open the doors on something like a Cerberus, and let them open as the drones drop in one by one, speed gained, 100% (at least on my ship) :roll:

2) drone speed needs increased a LOT, Mk 2 fighter drones are slower than my slow Cerberus, like less than half, not into travel mod or anything and my Cerberus does 288 and my MK 2 drones do? 125..ahahah that's hysterical, definitely needs increased because drone need to be faster than the ship that dropped them :gruebel:

Xenon M's fly many times at 300+ khaak about the same, even P's fly over 300, so how will it be possible for drones doing 125 to fight them? they dont they stay back and watch and I finally figured out why.
Yep drones are a bit useless if they can't keep up with a target that runs circles around them.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 03:02

Requiemfang wrote:
Sun, 20. Jan 19, 00:23
Yep drones are a bit useless if they can't keep up with a target that runs circles around them.
For an idea where I am coming from, take a look at the default vanilla (mk1) drone stats they are slow and flimsy because they are excessively cheap (They cost far less than buying just the weapon, engines, and thrusters on them!). If they are to be even with or outclass piloted ships then they will need to have similar costs instead of being so inexpensive. Otherwise they are a pure exploit and make it useless to buy your own small fighters. Now, the mk5 drones are quite a bit faster and more maneuverable already, but also have a much higher cost (Speed and maneuverability increase as you go from Mk1 to Mk5).

I view drones as more a somewhat mobile lasertower and to be used in the same way. They suppress a small area at a low(ish) cost by multiplying the number of targets and guns, fighters can rip them to shreds but capships/stations can quickly have all their external components torn to shreds since there are so many to kill with their slow powerful capship weapons.

On the other hand, changing numbers to make them more of an interceptor is pretty easy. Just increase the speed by x%, increase cost by the same x%, and decrease hull by x% (Right now they are made to take pretty heavy hits, not needed if they can just dodge). So what do you think is right for x%?

Alternatively, I could make the drones follow the faction preferences even more. Paranid drones are interceptors fast and flimsy, Teladi are slightly mobile guntowers, Argon are a mix with the Mk3 being an interceptor type and the 4/5 being low mobility missile towers, and the Xenon...hmmm...make them the best of both worlds? :twisted:

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 10:54

I really love the idea of this mod.

Are the Xenon drones enemy-only, or is there any way to aquire them as the player?

If it was possible, it would be really cool if you could assemble Xenon drones from parts you looted from destroyed Xenon ships and Drones, for now at the workbench as a stand-in, but later in the player shipyard once it's released.

Or maybe a mechanic where you can temporarily disable drones and then hack them to make them your own? Though I guess that would require a new weapon (or maybe modifying the Ion Cannon) since it'd be suicide to go up against a drone in your space suit.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 10:56

with your mod most people start out with MK 2 drones, they might be ok as laser towers as you say but leave everything the same and increase speed by 50% or so, as they are now they normally dont fire more than a shot or two in a battle because the enemy ships run past too fast to get turned to fire. add a little more maneuverability and they might get a few hits in, and then advance the specs of the more expensive drones accordingly, as you say. drones in all X games have been cheap backup with light weapons, but better than nothing, so with more advanced drones better weapons on some, better speed on all, less hull or shields or minimum on all them would make sense.there never was a missile drone before so thats new to the game. :o

7ate9tin11s
x4

Re: [Mod] Drone Variety v1.1 (2019.01.20)

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sun, 20. Jan 19, 21:17

Just a few changes :roll:

1.1 Changes
  • Mk3A, Mk4T, and Mk3-5P have been switched over to be interceptor drones, sacrificing hull and cost for speed. Roughly double speed, half hull, and a 30% price hike.
  • Mk3-5X are now interceptors with heavy hulls, their better AI understanding lets them make sturdier fast drones...and the Xenon need all the help they can get :p
  • Mk4-5A missile drones have had a 20% cost increase due to their effectiveness.
  • Mk2 drone now comes in interceptor or heavy versions, your choice between speed+cost and survivability (engines cost more than armor!). All old Mk2's have been converted to the more costly interceptor version.
  • Most drones have had minor speed increases.
  • Drones are now named by purpose to easily see which drones are for interception (interceptor), stationary/slow target attack (heavy), or missile barrages (bomber).
  • Language files added so other languages can be supported for naming and description (all use the English text right now)

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 21. Jan 19, 13:32

MK 2 interceptors are working much better than before, ty. :wink:

jarquafelmu
x4

Post by jarquafelmu » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 17:49

This doesn't seem to be compatible with version 2.5 of the game. I keep crashing whenever I enable it

facc00
x4

Post by facc00 » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 07:10

Hi love the mod, always have. Anyway to make your drones buildable (blueprints for them) :)

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 26. Sep 19, 15:55

does the ai equip these drones?

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Mon, 30. Sep 19, 20:53

Warnoise wrote:
Thu, 26. Sep 19, 15:55
does the ai equip these drones?
Yes, I can see HOP Defence Drone Mk4 Interceptor in my game at this very moment

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Wed, 13. May 20, 03:24

Considering installing this on my new Split Vendetta save, will the faction specializations cause any issues with the addition of the Split? Is it compatible with VRO?

Also considering installing this Expanded Drones mod for extra-extra variety :)
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Mon, 2. May 22, 12:52

You still working on this mod?

If not I was thinking of adding Terran Variants and uploading it if that is ok.

I'll wait a while if I do not hear from you I'll just do it. Of course I'll be giving you credit for the mod.

Kalessin1

Post by Kalessin1 » Mon, 28. Nov 22, 06:41

Can anybody confirm if this mod is still alive and working on v5?
siath70 wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 12:52

I'll wait a while if I do not hear from you I'll just do it. Of course I'll be giving you credit for the mod.
Did You edited this mod for Terrans?

dodexahedron

Post by dodexahedron » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 04:48

Kalessin1 wrote:
Mon, 28. Nov 22, 06:41
Can anybody confirm if this mod is still alive and working on v5?
siath70 wrote:
Mon, 2. May 22, 12:52

Did You edited this mod for Terrans?
It seems to work fine in my game (5.1).
Be warned they do make station assault a much more perilous endeavor.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”